Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Who is you favourite author? (or authors)

Why?

message 2: by Mariya (last edited Jul 08, 2010 11:36AM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) chloe neill, richelle mead, stephanie meyer, jeaniene frost, larissa ione, karen marie moning....

just read a book from them, i simply could not stop reading. their books r soooooo good. very addictive!

message 3: by Kelleigh (last edited Jul 08, 2010 11:38AM) (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) | 0 comments Karen Marie Moning is my number one Favorite.

Her Highlander series was great, but I just couldn't put down the Fever Series... I'm still anxiously awaiting the final book in the series!

:)

I recommend the Fever Series to anyone!

Other favorite authors would include:

JR Ward
Jeaniene Frost
Larissa Ione
Charlaine Harris

message 4: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) how could i forget her..XD

message 5: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jilljam) Melina Marchetta : I loved her books Saving Francesca and Jellicoe Road. They are my top favorites and they make me laugh. I love the characters.

Rachel Vincent: Her shifters series are amazing, The fourth one made me cry which is rare, I love the main character. She is very well written. And i love the love triangle.

I would reccomend for someone to try those authors

message 6: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) | 0 comments ooooo there is a Triangle?

I'm soo going to read those next then!

message 7: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) Karen Moning & Diana Gabaldon

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) | 38 comments I can't pick a favorite there are so many good ones but I do really enjoy J.R. Ward and Stephenie Meyer.

message 9: by Dija (last edited Aug 13, 2010 12:02AM) (new)

Dija 1. Richelle Mead (all her series are amazing)
2. Karen Marie Moning (Barrons~~)
3. Anna Godberson (Th Luxe)
4. Jeanine Frost (Night Huntress <333)
5. Rachel Vincent (Shifters/Wercats)

message 10: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I need to add Stacia Kane to the list.

message 11: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 15 comments So far my fave author is Larissa Ione. Really, really like her work.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Kelleigh wrote: "ooooo there is a Triangle?

I'm soo going to read those next then!"

I read Shifters before reading Fever and since I know you like Fever I'll say this : Faythe in book 1 is like Mac in book 1 of Fever. She matures much in the same way as Mac does, so if you find yourself wanting to strangle her in book 1, just remember the Fever series and it will all make sense.

Shifters is a great series!

message 13: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) haha. its funny. i had no problem wit mac in any of the books including book 1, i dont find them similar. i find faythe a pain in the ass and ill be trying to get through the next books, b/c they say book 3 is really good and it gets better.

message 14: by Regina (last edited Sep 13, 2010 08:34AM) (new)

Regina (reginar) I gotta add (b/c I am a broken record) Stacia Kane for the Downside Ghosts (UF series): Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) by Stacia Kane City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3) by Stacia Kane

Also I have only read the first in one of each of their series, but I have enjoyed Shelly Laurentsen and Moira Rogers, both writing PNR:

Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Cry Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1) by Moira Rogers

message 15: by Colette (new)

Colette | 15 comments Sherrilyn Kenyon, Charlaine Harris and Richelle Mead

message 16: by Annabel (new)

Annabel (boekenwormmom) Richelle Mead, Maggie Stiefvater, Laurell k Hamilton

message 17: by Cobalt_Cin (last edited Oct 28, 2010 03:10PM) (new)

Cobalt_Cin | 23 comments My fave authors have to be Sherrilyn Kenyon, Karen Marie Moning, Yasmine Galenorn, Jacqueline Carey, Shelly Laurensten and Patrica Briggs.

message 18: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) karen marie moning does not disappoint.

message 19: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean my favorite authors are
1. R.L. Stine
2. L.J. Smith
3. Kelly Creagh

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Ah, I use to be such a huge R.L. Stine fan. Anything but the goosebumps was golden with me. I recently donated my entire collection to my locol library because I wasn't going to read them anymore.

they assured me they would put them out for the kiddies, but I found my books at the local thrift store two days later. Bastards.

message 21: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 67 comments I have to agree with you, Michael. I read a lot of Lovecraft many (many) years ago when I was reading a fair amount of horror. His books are quite subtle, I think, and are free of gore-fests (which is one of the reasons I liked them). However, I found the creep factor increased with each book I read since I became more aware of the "eldrich" elements in the story. I would certainly rank him with the masters of horror.

message 22: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 71 comments My favorite authors would have to be Veronica Blade, Jennifer L. Armentrout/J. Lynn, Quinn Loftis, and Richelle Mead. I can always pick up a book by these authors and know I will love it. Haven't read a book by one of them that I don't love so far!

message 24: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 67 comments I really enjoy Dana Marie Bell.

message 25: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) I have to Diana Gabaldon. She's so talented to be able to place you in the scene with one paragraph.

message 26: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 4 comments The very top of my list right now is Jim Butcher. His Dresden Files series has been fantastic to date, getting better with each story.

message 27: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 118 comments I have a few I love. First on the list, maybe because it's recent: Jim Butcher. I love his style in general, and I love Dresden's Files. Second, Terry Goodkind, for his Sword of truth series, although he should have stopped them when they ended. In third place, Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weiss. They are an amazing duo.

message 28: by Lauren (last edited Dec 27, 2013 06:35PM) (new)

Lauren Lots of favorites here. Just a few I don't see on the list who I think deserve to be here:
Seanan McGuire - Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire
Ilona Andrews - Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews
Rob Thurman - Nightlife (Cal Leandros, #1) by Rob Thurman
Kelley Armstrong - Bitten (Women Of The Otherworld, Book 1) by Kelley Armstrong

message 29: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Some of my favorites are Kim Harrison, Rachel Vincent, and Ellen Hopkins.

message 30: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 30 comments Top of the list are Anya Bast (Elements series), P.C.Cast (Goddess series), Laurell K.Hamilton (Merry Gentry), Katie MacAllister (Light Dragons), and more recently Julie Kagawa (Iron Fey) (in no particular order).

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 315 comments Hard hard hard. Erm... Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, Rachel Vincent, Keri Arthur, Patricia Briggs, that may be to many. :-D

message 32: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Sadler | 51 comments This changed just about every time I pick up a book by an author I haven't read before, but here goes: Nalini Singh, Kim Harrison, Rachel Vincent, Patricia Briggs, Mira Grant.