Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

Read-A-Thon Progress and Discussion -- May

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Talk to your heart's content!

Let us know how your reading experience is going.. What is distracting you? What is your family doing while you read?

And if you are not doing the read-a-thon, talk away anyways and drop us some cheer! :)

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments setting the alarm and getting the books out - ready as I can get :)

message 3: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Debbie, I'm worried I won't wake up. LOL! I need to have my books and coffee ready by start time! Aah, so excited! :)

message 4: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I'm going to start with the book I'm currently reading Pirate Latitudes and next read Bad Boys With Expensive Toys. Gonna try to get some of the books read for my many challenges. LOL

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments That is my plan as well, start with the books I am currently reading. Then move on to the books I have planned for the May challenge. I think I am ready. :)

message 6: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Yay, let's start!!

I'm going to continue with Saving Ceecee Honeycutt: A Novel by Beth Hoffman. I am halfway through that book.

message 7: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (hockeygirl66) I'm finishing up The Forgotten (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #13) by Faye Kellerman. The coffee's brewing-this should be fun!

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments I am about half way through Scarletti Curse by Christine Feehan and another called Silentheart.

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments Well , off to it ! Will check in later - hope everyone enjoys :)

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wldinnis) I just read about 50 pages of Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison but I have to get my daughter ready for gymnastics. I will sneak in more reading during her class.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Have fun everybody!

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments Not even 3hours in and already momma duties taking me away, hopefully not for long.

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan I gave up on the 600 page book I was reading ("Roses"-not my type of book), but I picked up another. I have 1.5 hours in and finished "The Girl Who Chased the Moon" by Sarah Addison Allen. Now I have some morning chores to do, but will be back. later.

message 14: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I'm still trudging through Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. It's interesting but not living up to its hype.

message 15: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (hockeygirl66) I just finished The Forgotten (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #13) (I was already halfway finished when the read-a-thon started. I think I will be heading to a fun one next-Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. My students all loved it, so I figure, why not!

message 16: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 93 comments Got a late start, but finished Moonlight Road, which was in progress before readathon started, so I can claim only 95 pp. of that. Now a few pages into Out of the Shadows

message 17: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited May 15, 2010 10:47AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Books-pages read

Poison Study - 105 pgs

I was up with my alarm at 5 am, read a little and laid back down. Reading makes me sleepy sometimes but also 5 am comes early! Looking forward to NO TV and lots of reading today.

Interesting picks yall are reading =D. That's another thing I like about the read-a-thon. Instant book chatting!

message 18: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I just finished Saving Ceecee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman. Took me quite a while, but I'm glad I'm done.

message 19: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Alright, to give myself a short break, I'm going to read a graphic novel - Asterios Polyp by David Mazzucchelli

message 20: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments You all are fast readers. I still have a ways to go on the rest of Scarletti Curse. Kenjii, I agree , I love to see what people read. Back to it :)

message 21: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I've been reading solid since 8 am and need to take a food break. I've finished Pirate Latitudes, Bad Boys With Expensive Toys and am half way through Some Like it Kilted. Off to the chinese buffet as I'm starving. Then back to reading.

message 22: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (hockeygirl66) I had to stop Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I just couldn't get into it and it was dragging me down. I decided to start up the next in Faye Kellerman's Decker/Lazarus series (Stone Kiss (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #14)). I'm taking a quick break to hit up Starbucks for their frappuccino happy hour-yum!
Barbara-how was Pirate Latitudes? I picked it up on audiobook from my library.

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (inexplicablybookish) Just got home from work, errands and chores. Finally able to start my reading for the read-a-thon! I would *so love* to turn on the TV and zonk out right now, I got an awful night of sleep last night. Barely slept a wink. But I'm resisting the urge and picking up a book instead!

Of course, I may wind up napping anyway . . . reading sometimes does that to me! But I'm proud of my ability to resist the allure of the boob tube and continue on my 144 adventures instead!

I shall be attempting to finish up Mortal Engines, and then I want to continue and maybe finish From Fatigued to Fantastic!. If it's looking like a stretch to finish that one, then I'm going to switch over to American Gods, which I've been stuck in the middle of FOREVER. I would love to finish that one up during the thon here!

Catch you peeps in a bit, or after my (involuntary) nap, whichever comes first lol!

message 24: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I just finished Asterios Polyp by David Mazzucchelli. After a short break, I will be heading to read The Motorcycle Diaries: Notes on a Latin American Journey by Che Guevara.

message 25: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ Just finished book 3 and starting #4 Me and My Shadow.

message 26: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wldinnis) I am not sure how much reading I am really going to get done today. After I brought my daughter home from gymnastics, I crashed! My 30 weeks of pregnancy are catching up with me. So far I have read for 2 1/2 hours but only finished 109 pages...ugh!

message 27: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 776 comments Mod
I'm half participating, becaus ei'm still struggling with my paper, so i'm reading when I can't concentrate anymore...

so far, I finished listening to Glory in Death by JD Robb and started Immortal in Death (so I can "read" while I write my paper) and i'm working my way through the Bound Hearts series by Lora Leigh - I finished up book 3 and 4 (Seduction and Wicked Intent) and hope to keep reading them tonight when I get my paper done (or when I give up for the night)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Finished Dead and Alive on CD. It was OK. I liked listening to it as I don't listen to books that often. Not sure what's up next =D.

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (inexplicablybookish) I'm about 50 pages from the end of Mortal Engines - I'm finding myself a bit distracted with making plans for tomorrow, and becoming increasingly tired. Still, I'm hoping to at least finish that one and take a chunk out of something else before I may have to pass out for a bit.

However, I have had insomnia the past few nights . . . which usually kicks in around 10PM . . . so we'll see what happens! ;)

message 30: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) Wow.. we are halfway through the Read-a-thon!!

How's everyone doing so far?

I finished 2, am almost wrapping up the third, and might finish 2 more books by the end of the event, if I don't crash. I'm being optimistic. LOL!

message 31: by Susan (new)

Susan Finished another one-"Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah. Now it's time to start dinner and after dinner I plan on picking something else up.

message 32: by Athira (new)

message 33: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I've been reading almost the whole time so far. Stopped to take a nap, shower, eat, take care of my cats. I'm really proud that I've managed to stay off the computer so far, since that's usually my main distraction. So far I have finished two books in progress: Die Trying and One Bad Apple, and started and finished The Third Eye. Also started Special Assignments and FINALLY was able to start The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! I'm also reading an unpublished novel that a friend of mine wrote. I'm counting it since it's over 200 pages, although I am currently only on page 35.

message 34: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (hockeygirl66) I finished Stone Kiss (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #14) by Faye Kellerman. I can't decide what to start next. I started Pride and Prejudice and Zombies earlier today, but only got 60 pages in before I gave it up. I'm starting to get tired, so maybe I'll take my dog for a walk first to wake me up!!

message 35: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 115 comments Debbie wrote: "I am about half way through Scarletti Curse by Christine Feehan and another called Silentheart."

How is the book? I have it here and want to read it but haven't started it yet.

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 115 comments I'm doing my homework and than I'm going to read. I chose to be a cheerleader so I'm going to read some til bedtime. I plan on reading Kiss the Girls by: James Patterson, The Bride Collector by: Ted Dekker, Victim Six by: Gregg Olsen or Dominic by: Elizabeth Amber, I haven't decided yet, I have all these books started

message 37: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 93 comments I've finished two books that were in progress, and am halfway through another, but my page count sure isn't all that impressive.

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine My page count is never as good as I hope it will be. But I'm happy to be adding to my book total. I'm behind for May right now.

message 39: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments Susan wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I am about half way through Scarletti Curse by Christine Feehan and another called Silentheart."

How is the book? I have it here and want to read it but haven't started it yet."

I like Feehan so this is good. I have had to take so many momma breaks and not quit done yet, 1more chapter. You all are fast readers. I am not even done with my first one. But I am enjoying it.

message 40: by Catherine (new)

Catherine As long as you're enjoying your reading, Debbie, nothing else matters! It's funny because I thought I did so well in the last Read-A-Thon, but EVERYONE had a higher page count than me!!

message 41: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments lol, yeah for me I finally finished. Yeas, I really am enjoying, just wish I read faster - always been a personal problem. :). Quick break to tuck kiddos in then onward for the night shift.

message 42: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ Just finished book 4 and starting #5 Wicked Lovely. Been reading since 8 am with a one hour break. So far 14.5 hours reading four books.

message 43: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I started 30 minutes late so I'm gonna finish 30 minutes later than you guys.

So far I've only taken two breaks 45 minutes long.

I just finished my 2nd book and about to start on my 3rd.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Fixed dinner, watched Smallville sea. 7, disc 2. Wasn't planning on any TV but darn that NEtflix and their fancy dvd's in the mail! I am just glad to be making books finished progress =D. I think I'll stick with Poison Study for the next couple hours.

message 45: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) I'm still reading, and not sleepy. Phew! I hope I can keep up for some more time.

message 46: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (db_debber) | 137 comments Way to go Aths, good luck with staying up. I am going to try as well :)

message 47: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (hockeygirl66) I just finished Caught by Harlan Coben. It was a really good book, which helped me stay awake. Now I'm debating starting a new one or going to bed. I think I will start a new one...I don't know if I'll make it though! Good luck to all of you trucking through the books (and the hours!)

message 48: by Barbara ★ (last edited May 16, 2010 06:26AM) (new)

Barbara ★ I'm done. Can't keep my eyes open any longer. Will update in the morning.

UPDATE: Longest stretch 8 hours. Total reading time 14-1/2 hours. Read 1203 pages in 5 books.

message 49: by Jennifer C (new)

Jennifer C Ok, I am going to call it day. I am proud I made it this long. I read 2 books for a total of 747 pages, longest reading time - 4 hours 20 minutes, total hours reading - 12, listened to 20 minutes of audio book.

The first book took me a long time to get through so unfortunately didn't accomplish a lot but I am proud of what I did. :) the second book I few through and couldn't put down. I am not super tired so I may start reading the next book in the outlander series, but I have a feeling that once I hit my bed, the exhaustion will hit me.

I had a great time participating this time as completely as I did and I can't wait for the next one. :) I am definitely on a reading kick so after I run to the store tomorrow morning, I may just spend the rest of the day reading too. Thanks for getting back on my reading kick and knocking out actually 3 books this weekend so far (finished an audio book Friday night).

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I am glad I was able to finish one book and concentrate on reading just one, in an attempt to finish another book =D. I'll see if I can read another 50-100 pages before calling it a night.

« previous 1