Start by marking “Caught” as Want to Read:
Caught

Caught

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  40,568 Ratings  ·  3,026 Reviews
17 year-old Haley McWaid is a good girl, the pride of her suburban New Jersey family, captain of the lacrosse team, headed off to college next year with all the hopes and dreams her doting parents can pin on her. Which is why, when her mother wakes one morning to find that Haley never came home the night before, and three months quickly pass without word from the girl, the ...more
Published March 23rd 2010 by Dutton (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Caught, please sign up.

Timaz definitely! this book made me add the Harlan Coben to my favorite authors list.

Mandy
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was hard not to get "caught" up in this novel (excuse my corny pun). If you haven't read a Coben novel you're missing out. This guy can write books like no one's business. He is to mystery writing as Reba is to country music. Coben is one of the best, if not THE BEST mystery authors out there. My life goal is to read all his books! :) his books are my happy place!

This book was another one of his that had twists and turns and at the very end knocks you back and does a one eighty and I FREAKING
Suzanne
I think if I'd read a paper copy I'd have rated more highly. True to form though, Mr Coben has delivered an enjoyable romp into quite a windy sojourn of twists, turns and cul-de-sacs.

Ultimately this book was quite satisfying in terms of the ending, but in getting there I felt it was just too slow. In a way, it felt like it kept going and going.. In saying that though, I did like the epilogue, that was satisfaction for me.

Whilst this is not my favourite of this author, I still very much look for
Michelle♥
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
There were two parts to this book. Mind you, I have been anxiously waiting for Coben to come out with a new book. I absolutely love him and think he might be my favorite author of all time.

I always get wrapped up and into the story and literally finish his book within a day or less, and that was the case with this one. Like I said there were two parts to this book.

It kind of threw me because I'm not used to that style of writing from him. There was the dark anticipation and then it spun you for
Matthew
Wow! When you read this one you will need to take notes, create a flow chart, etc. and I bet you still won't see anything coming. Not only did keep thinking that I had guessed where the story was going, Coben had me convinced I was right and the BAM! nope . . . wrong again! This happened about 10 times. Only 4 stars because it didn't blow me away, but it was very good.

Also, the mid-life crisis men's club was pretty funny. And, bonus appearance by Win from the Bolitar series.
Daniel Audet
Mar 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book yesterday and as I read the last few lines I couldn't help remarking to myself that this had to be Coben's best one yet. The pacing was break neck, the characters though all different and some as dysfunctional as a human can get - were believable, some even sympathetic, and some NOT, which is as it should be. Our heroine is an investigative news reporter and a single mom who gets embroiled in job related issues (not good ones) and a murder mystery involving a major college, ...more
Deanna
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this book while on holiday last year and really enjoyed it.

Quite a few stories intertwining but focusing primarily on a missing girl and a TV program that carries out live child predator stings. Seemingly normal people hiding some very dark secrets. I have seen a few of the Dateline - To Catch a Predator episodes so I found that story-line quite interesting. There were times I wondered if perhaps the show had read the situation wrong (however unlikely). A person who may in fact be innoce
Debra
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it

Review to follow
Edward Lorn
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Thriller fans who don't want to think too hard.
Shelves: hardcover
I usually cannot stand books with characters who're idiots or plots that rely on those characters being idiots, but this one wasn't so bad. In fact, I had a damn good time. I've met single-cell organisms with more going on upstairs than reporter and all around doofus Wendy, but Harlan Coben made her extremely easy to read about. There's no way she could've put any of the ending together by herself, but the journey was twisty enough that it kept my attention.

Oh, and I know Coben has a long-runni
Barbara
Apr 07, 2010 rated it liked it

WARNING: THIS REVIEW MIGHT CONTAIN (WHAT YOU CONSIDER) SPOILERS

Wendy Tynes is a television journalist for the program 'Caught in the Act', a show that lures in and exposes child predators. Dan Mercer, a divorced Princeton graduate who coaches troubled kids, is ensnared by Wendy's machinations and accused of targeting a young girl. However, the evidence is compromised and a judge lets Mercer off.

This infuriates Ed Grayson - whose son was abused - and he shoots and kills Mercer right in
Stacey
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It really does not need to be said that this was an excellent read. One should only look at who the author is and then immediately would know that they are in for a treat.

This book (like all of this author's books) really packs a punch from the first page until, literally, the very last page. As promised, the author delivers another WTF ending that leaves you with adrenaline pumping and dizzy from excitement.

I absolutely LOVED the main character Wendy Tynes, although I admit I was not digging he
Something didn't make sense to me... please help... 3 58 Jul 18, 2015 01:07PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Caught by Harlan Coben 1 14 Mar 26, 2015 07:42AM
  • Never Look Away
  • Live to Tell (Detective D.D. Warren, #4)
  • They're Watching
  • Shoot to Thrill (Monkeewrench, #5)
  • Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
  • Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)
  • Hush
  • The Blue Zone
  • In The Dark (Jonathan Stride, #4)
  • Intent To Kill
  • Sudden Death (Andy Carpenter #4)
  • The Last Lie (Alan Gregory, #18)
  • Blood Memory
  • The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1)
  • Death on the D-List (Hailey Dean, #2)
With over 60 million books in print worldwide, Harlan Coben’s last seven consecutive novels, MISSING YOU, SIX YEARS, STAY CLOSE, LIVE WIRE, CAUGHT, LONG LOST and HOLD TIGHT all debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list and lists around the world. His books are published in 43 languages around the globe.

Coben is the winner of the Edgar Award, Shamus Award and Anthony Award – the first aut
More about Harlan Coben...
“I remember one time I heard this English professor asking the class what the world's scariest noise is. Is it a man crying out in pain? A woman's scream of terror? A gunshot? A baby crying? And the professor shakes his head and says, 'No, the scariest noise is, you're all alone in your dark house, you know you're all alone, you know that there is no chance anyone else is home or within miles—and then, suddenly, from upstairs, you hear the toilet flush.” 61 likes
“Genius is a curse. That's how I look at it. Some think that the brilliant comprehend the universe in a way the rest of us can't. They see the world how it truly is—and that reality is so horrible the lose their minds. Clarity leads to insanity.” 36 likes