Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > something new

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments I need a new series to read! Does anyone have any suggestions of a good series where the main character says the same throughout...and maybe if there's shifters in it? THANKS :)

message 2: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments The Werecat series by Rachel Vincent is a really good series!! there are 5 books out now with the 6th coming out later this year. Stray, Rogue, Pride, Prey and Shift. If you choose to read them I think you will pleasanly surprised. If you read let me know if you like them.

message 3: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments I did read the first....maybe ill start back up lo

message 4: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 164 comments You could try Kelly Armstrong's Darkest Powers trilogy.It's YA, but it's really interesting, and weird but cool.

message 5: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments Yeah I read the darkest powers and I loved them...even though they are YA

message 6: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 176 comments Black Dagger Brotherhood - J. R. Ward
Lords of the Underworld - Gena Showalter
Atlantis - Gena Showalter
Immortals After Dark - Kresley Cole
Dark Hunters - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Demonica - Larissa Ione
Immortal Brotherhood - Lisa Hendrix
Tairen Soul - C. L. Wilson
Brotherhood of Blood - Kathryn Smith
Nightwalkers - Jacquelyn Frank
Dragonfire - Deborah Cooke

OK...I think I'm done now...

message 7: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments Have you read any of Patricia Briggs's series yet? She has two that have shifters in them. There is the Mercy series, starting with Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs . She also has a series that takes place in the same world, but with some different characters, the Alpha and Omega series. That series starts with a short story in the anthology On the Prowl (Includes Monère Children of the Moon, #4; Briggs Alpha & Omega Prequel; World of the Lupi, #3.5; Dorina Basarab Prequel) by Patricia Briggs .

message 8: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments Mollie wrote: "Black Dagger Brotherhood - J. R. Ward
Immortals After Dark - [author:Kresley Cole|4..."

I read bdb lol...which series is your favorite

message 9: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments Nita wrote: "Have you read any of Patricia Briggs's series yet? She has two that have shifters in them. There is the Mercy series, starting with Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs. She also has a s..."

Yeah...I love them:)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments Here are a couple others:

Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian
Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (although this is really Urban Fantasy, it's great)

I read Moon Called which is the first book in the Mercy Thompson series mentioned above and I can't wait to continue with the series.

message 11: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Mar 08, 2010 01:12PM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments I would definitely second (or third) the recommendation for Patricia Briggs, especially the Mercy Thompson series. It's definitely urban fantasy, but it's got a couple of hot werewolves and a great love triangle. It's one of my favorites!

The same goes for Rachel Vincent's Shifters series. I absolutely adore it and am so sad that it will end with the next book. Really, really good!

message 12: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 176 comments DREA :) wrote: "Mollie wrote: "Black Dagger Brotherhood - J. R. Ward
Immortals After Dark - [author..."

BDB, Immortals, Underworld, Dark Hunters, Nightwalkers, Demonica. God...! I hate to have to quantify how I feel about them, but they are favorites in that order.

message 13: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments Mollie wrote: "DREA :) wrote: "Mollie wrote: "Black Dagger Brotherhood - J. R. Ward
Immortals Afte..."

Lmao I know I hate picking favs to I was just wondering which to check out first

message 14: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments The City of Bones Series is my latest favourite.

message 15: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 176 comments Black Dagger Brotherhood. You will NOT be disappointed.

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments I'll second the BDB. One of the best out there!

message 17: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments I already read bdb!

message 18: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 35 comments Sally wrote: "The City of Bones Series is my latest favourite."

I love the Mortal Instruments Series!!

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments Someone just recently introduced me to the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh. The covers are god awful but the storied are beautiful! I made it through the first 6 books in 4 days! :D

It starts here: Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Because I just got my copy today, I have to share the loveliness of the new UK cover for Slave to Sensation

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

Much prettier... and I look forward to seeing what all of the fuss about this series is all about. ;)

message 21: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments YAY!! More fans!! :D Let me know what you think! I ADORE the whole series! Waiting for Hawke's book is going to kill me. You'll see why. ;)

message 22: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments Courtney wrote: "Someone just recently introduced me to the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh. The covers are god awful but the storied are beautiful! I made it through the first 6 books in 4 days! :D

It start..."

That was the last series I read ! I just. Finished. I cannot wait for hawks and hopefully sienna!

message 23: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments Right??? They're adorable! Poor Hawke, so lonely. :(

message 24: by Shannon (last edited Mar 10, 2010 03:42PM) (new)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (savhagetemptress) | 330 comments Hawke is the man, I just love him!

I'm reading a bunch of series at present, but I'll name some that I haven't seen alread given although all the ones above I like as well!

Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris
Guild Hunters by Nalini Singh
Night Huntress and Night Huntress World by Jeaniene Frost
Dark Swan by Richelle Mead
Shadowdwellers by Jacquelyn Frank
The League by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 25: by Archer (new)

Archer | 238 comments Mollie wrote: "Black Dagger Brotherhood - J. R. Ward
Immortals After Dark - [author:Kresley Cole|4..."

Thanks for the suggestions, I've now added to more to my list of authors I want to try..

message 26: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Rush (jaime_rush) | 122 comments I'd suggestion Ilona Andrews's Kate Daniels series (Magic Bites, Magic Strikes). The Beast Lord...mmm!

And I second Patricia Briggs, though I've only read the Mercy Thompson series.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments I'll second that JaimeRush, few can compare with The Beast Lord - it's my favorite UF series, hands down.

message 28: by Brandi (new)

Brandi If you haven't read the BDB, put everything else in the TBR pile and get started on them!! They are the absolute BEST!!! You will NOT be disappointed---

message 29: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Oh, and a few other great ones would be The Demonica series by Larissa Ione and The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost....wonderful.

message 30: by DREA :) (new)

DREA :) | 14 comments For real me too I absolutely love kate daniels....I love curran<3 I cannot wait till may

message 31: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments Shannon (Savhage Temptress) wrote: "Hawke is the man, I just love him!

I'm reading a bunch of series at present, but I'll name some that I haven't seen alread given although all the ones above I like as well!

Sookie Stackhouse ..."

Shadowdwellers is one of my FAVORITE series! It's one of the the few "spin off" series that I love just as much as the regular series! <3

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Have you read any of Meljean Brook's books? Her Guardian series is awesome. She has become one of my favorite authors.

The books are:

Demon Angel
Demon Moon
Demon Night
Demon Bound
Demon Forged
Demon Blood (coming out in July)

There's short stories in anthologies too but I didn't include those in the list.

If you haven't tried her I strongly recommend books. A word of warning though; some of my friends had a hard time getting through Demon Angel because they found it slower paced and packed with too much knowledge of the world. I personally thought it was great and enjoyed those very things about it. As the series goes on the books get better and better with tighter plotting. I think it's an excellent series.