Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > New to group... need a new series to read!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments I read a lot... love PNR! But I am running low on series to read (and don't want to start a stupid one!) So I was wondering if y'all could help me out and give me some recommendations of books that you really liked :)
Some of my favorite authors are Charlaine Harris, JR Ward, Lynsay Sands, Christine Feehan, Jeanine Frost, Kresley Cole and Kim Harrison...
Thanks guys!

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments Have you read Larissa Ione Demonica series or Gena ShowalterLords of the Underworld?

Trust me if you stick around these boards for a while you will see your TBR list go up and up lol.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
What about Carie Vaughn's Kitty series? Or L. A. Banks? She has several series out.

For a stand-alone--if you are a Jane Austen fan, there is Mr. Darcy, Vampire--I haven't read that yet, but have heard good things about it. I have to wait til March 1 to start it--its for my March reading challenge. :o)

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments I haven't read anything from those authors yet. I saw them mentioned on a few posts but haven't really heard much about the series or if they're any good. With Gena Showalter I honestly didn't know where to start! Thanks for the help guys

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo  Singh | 95 comments Have you read Any of Richelle Mead's Series? I've read Vampire Academy which is her YA series and Storm Born which is book one in her Dark Swan series and they were both really good. She has another adult series as well but I haven't read it yet.

Also the Monere: Children of the moon series by Sunny starting with Mona Lisa Awakening is an awesome read.

A_Dreamer_aka_Synnister (synnisterrhagesbeasttamer) | 14 comments Hey Dawn thanks for the reccomendations I just ordered the first two books from both Ione and Showalter! They both sound great and I hate to get into a series and not have the next book. Hence buyng two of each series. Lol

message 7: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette I am reading the Shadowdweller series by Jacquelyn Frank and loving it!!

Ecstasy (Shadowdwellers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Rapture (Shadowdwellers, #2) by Jacquelyn Frank Pleasure (Shadowdwellers, #3) by Jacquelyn Frank

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments I read franks nightwalker series and liked it a lot but haven't tried the 'dwellers yet. Are they just as good?

message 9: by Chrizette (last edited Feb 27, 2010 12:28AM) (new)

Chrizette Cindy wrote: "I read franks nightwalker series and liked it a lot but haven't tried the 'dwellers yet. Are they just as good?"

Just as good, Cindy. I love them both! I haven't read PLEASURE yet - will start this third one this week. I just hope it doesn't end at number 3. :)

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments American_dreamer_aka_Synnister wrote: "Hey Dawn thanks for the reccomendations I just ordered the first two books from both Ione and Showalter! They both sound great and I hate to get into a series and not have the next book. Hence buyn..."

Your welcome! I hope you enjoy them.

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments Chriz wrote: "I am reading the Shadowdweller series by Jacquelyn Frank and loving it!!

Ecstasy (Shadowdwellers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Rapture (Shadowdwellers, #2) by Jacquelyn Frank Pleasure (Shadowdwellers, #3) by Jacquelyn Frank"

I like the shadowdwellers but I never finished the Nighwalkers

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber | 83 comments One of my favorite places to look for new things to read is the monthly challenge boards. Check out the first message of each month's challenge and if there is a subject/author which interests you, scroll through the thread looking at the books people chose to meet that requirement.

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthianetherton) American_dreamer_aka_Synnister wrote: "Hey Dawn thanks for the recommendations I just ordered the first two books from both Ione and Showalter! They both sound great and I hate to get into a series and not have the next book. Hence buyn..."

The Demonica Series series by Ione is delicious. She just released Ecstasy Unveiled and is working on Sin Undone. Take a look at Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark. She just released #7, Pleasure of a Dark Prince.

A_Dreamer_aka_Synnister (synnisterrhagesbeasttamer) | 14 comments Dawn wrote: "American_dreamer_aka_Synnister wrote: "Hey Dawn thanks for the reccomendations I just ordered the first two books from both Ione and Showalter! They both sound great and I hate to get into a series..."

Thanks I will I ordered them! Can't wait ...but until they arrive I'm into the Lynsay Sands's Argeneau Series! They are good.

A_Dreamer_aka_Synnister (synnisterrhagesbeasttamer) | 14 comments Cynthia wrote: "American_dreamer_aka_Synnister wrote: "Hey Dawn thanks for the recommendations I just ordered the first two books from both Ione and Showalter! They both sound great and I hate to get into a series..."

I bought the first two of her series as well...LOL...I have OCD like that...LOL

message 16: by Joseph (last edited Feb 28, 2010 05:39AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments One of my fav PNR series is Yasmine Galenorn's Sisters of the Moon/Otherworld series. You might also like Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series.

message 17: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments You know what I love about the Argeneau series is that the books are funny and the heroine is always different.

message 18: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments Dawn wrote: "Have you read Larissa Ione Demonica series or Gena ShowalterLords of the Underworld?

Trust me if you stick around these boards for a while you will see your
TBR lis..."

You were right Dawn my list has already gone up! Y'all are lots of help :). Thanks.
And Amber thanks I will definately check out the monthly challenges. I'm new to this group stuff but I love it so far!

Martina the Book Fairy (book_fairy) | 442 comments I would second Richelle Mead's three series. As an above poster mentioned, her Vampire Academy series is young adult. Her other two are more urban fantasy. The Dark Swan series is fae-based and her Georgina Kincaid series is succubus & other minions-of-hell. The latter is actually my favorite of her three.

message 20: by A_Dreamer_aka_Synnister (last edited Feb 28, 2010 02:06PM) (new)

A_Dreamer_aka_Synnister (synnisterrhagesbeasttamer) | 14 comments Dawn wrote: "You know what I love about the Argeneau series is that the books are funny and the heroine is always different."

Yeah, and they are also strong men and women. My favorite one as of right now is The Renegade Hunter. Nicholas and Jo are the best! She stood up when everyone sat down!...LOL

message 21: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments Dawn wrote: "You know what I love about the Argeneau series is that the books are funny and the heroine is always different."

I love books that can make me laugh out loud while I'm reading (although I do get some funny looks from my boyfriend when I do haha)