We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Your 2010 Reading Logs > Holly's Reading Log for 2010 :)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Excellent list, Holly! So many great books there.

message 3: by Holly (last edited Apr 14, 2010 12:25PM) (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Excellent list, Holly! So many great books there."

Thanks Dhestiny! I've been pretty lucky so far this year. :)

Updated: 4-14-10
What A Lady Wants (Last Man Standing, #2) by Victoria Alexander Secrets of a Proper Lady (Last Man Standing, #3) by Victoria Alexander Seduction of a Proper Gentleman (Last Man Standing, #4) by Victoria Alexander The Wedding Bargain (Effingtons, #1) by Victoria Alexander The Husband List (Effingtons, #2) by Victoria Alexander How to Abduct a Highland Lord (The MacLean Curse, #1) by Karen Hawkins Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas Where Dreams Begin  by Lisa Kleypas Stranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas Pentacles of Magick The Bonding by Eliza Gayle Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6) by Lara Adrian Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas [image error] Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, Prequel) by Nalini Singh Undeniable by Jess Michaels Dreaming of You (Gamblers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks Shadow's Edge (Night Angel, #2) by Brent Weeks Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5) by Robyn Carr Gil's All Fright Diner by A. Lee Martinez The Duke And I (Bridgertons, #1) by Julia Quinn Only in Your Arms by Lisa Kleypas Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11) by Jim Butcher Slave (Cat Star Chronicles, #1) by Cheryl Brooks Everything Forbidden (Albright Sisters, #1) by Jess Michaels The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher Passion  by Lisa Valdez Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart Cold As Ice (Ice, #2) by Anne Stuart Untouched by Anna Campbell Deathwish (Cal Leandros, #4) by Rob Thurman Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Male Call (Hot Zone, #1) by Denise A. Agnew Sin City (Hot in the City 2) by Lacey Alexander Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Changes (The Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher Babysitting the Baumgartners by Selena Kitt The Third Kiss Dorian's Dream  by Heather Killough-Walden Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5) by Robyn Carr Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) by Lora Leigh

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey how were the Victoria Alexander books?? I have all but a few of hers, but haven't read any yet.

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments Heidi wrote: "Hey how were the Victoria Alexander books?? I have all but a few of hers, but haven't read any yet."

I really like her books. They have a nice mix of humor and steamy-goodness. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 20, 2010 05:48PM) (new)

ok, good thats what I was hoping for. I read some bits on her website, and liked her style so bought a bunch of her books when I had a chance.

message 7: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I have The Perfect Wife and The Princess and the Pea. What do you think of those Victoria Alexander books?

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I have The Perfect Wife and The Princess and the Pea. What do you think of those Victoria Alexander books?"

I have both of those, but haven't read them yet. A lot of people think The Perfect Wife is her best book.

message 9: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thank you! I don't think they are part of a series, but I'm not sure. I'll look into it.

message 11: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments I read The Perfect Wife and thought about holding off because the description on the back wasn't all that interesting. I'm glad I took the time to read it, however. The relationship between Nicholas and Bree is very fun. Both are torn between what they know about each other and what they feel about each other. Makes for a very enjoyable read.

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments Lisarenee wrote: "I read The Perfect Wife and thought about holding off because the description on the back wasn't all that interesting. I'm glad I took the time to read it, however. The relationship between Nichola..."

The Perfect Wife is definitely going to be the next Victoria Alexander book I read.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to get reading some Victoria Alexander!

message 14: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments Heidi wrote: "I need to get reading some Victoria Alexander!"

I think you would like her books. Perfect mix of steam and humor. She's created some great heroes. :)

message 15: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments I like them so much I now own 20 of them. Once I'm done with my all my current library books (I have about 30 checked out- Yikes!) I plan to read the rest along with all the other books sitting on my shelves.

message 16: by Holly (last edited Mar 11, 2010 12:24PM) (new)

message 17: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 392 comments Smiling at your BDB re-reads. I probably should do that as well.

message 18: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Smiling at your BDB re-reads. I probably should do that as well."

I've been doing a lot of re-reads lately. :)

message 19: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments I have been having a REALLY hard time getting into books lately. :(

43. Male Call
44. Sin City
45. Twilight *re-read*
46. New Moon *re-read*

Male Call (Hot Zone, #1) by Denise A. Agnew Sin City (Hot in the City 2) by Lacey Alexander Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer

message 22: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments 92. Broken Angels by Richard K Morgan (B+)
93. Faithless by Karin Slaughter (B+)
94. Beyond Reach by Karin Slaughter (A)
95. Love Bites by Lynsay Sands (C)
96. Sandstorm by James Rollins (A)
97. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (A++)
98. Fuzzy Navel by J A Konrath (B)
99. Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon (A)
100. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (A)
One BAD Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon (C)
102. Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh (A++)
103. Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh (B)
104. DRACULAS by J A Konrath et al (A+++)
105. Graverobbers Wanted by Jeff Strand (B-)
106. Happy Hour of the Damned By Mark Henry (D)
107. Alone (Detective D.D. Warren, #1) by Lisa Gardner (A)
108. Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2) by Lisa Gardner (B+)
109. Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands (B+)
110. The Summoner by Gail Z Martin (A++++)