The Heir (The Selection, #4) The Heir discussion

Who do you think she will end up with?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 343 (343 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Kim (last edited May 07, 2015 08:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I personally think it is between Kile and Eric but I am not sure who she will end up with. What do y'all think?

message 2: by Nicole G. (last edited May 07, 2015 09:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole G. erik!! I really love him...

emily wind I'd looove to say Kile, but will he want to spend the rest of his life stuck in the palace??

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Erik or Hale

message 5: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Craig My favorite right now is Erik and I'm glad I'm not the only one. I also like Hale and Kile and Henri and Fox.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I am all Team Kile tbh but I don't want him to be stuck in the palace. Or as most of you I'd say Erik is one of the favorites (even though he's not even a suitor :P)

But more Team Kile. I mean, how awesome would it be if Marlees and Americas children marry <3

message 7: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren Craig That would be awesome but I also feel like that would be cheating, because she would not have needed the Selection to find him. Erik would also be cheating though because he isn't technically part of the Selection. Ugh! This woman makes life so complicated!!

message 8: by Mia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mia Honestly, I think she's going to end up with Kile.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Mia wrote: "Honestly, I think she's going to end up with Kile."

Thank you. I'm not alone w/ my opinion \(^o^)/

Lucely (thelovelybookworm) Erik, it has to be Erik. But I wouldn't be too upset if it was Kile (but personally I think Kile's just hormones)

message 11: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally Kile. It has to be Kile.

I mean, look at this quote:

I stared into his eyes. How had I ever thought he was anything less than smart and funny and handsome and kind?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ally wrote: "Kile. It has to be Kile.

I stared into his eyes. How had I ever thought he was anything less than smart and funny and handsome and kind?"

Mia, you and me seem like the only ones in TEAM KILE but that's fine. I've known from the beginning that they were gonna have a thing and this quote... pure pefection...

In approx. one year we'll find out if it was worth hoping...

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited May 09, 2015 07:56AM) (new)

love triangle = 1 mysterious guy + 1 childhood friend guy + 1 girl =

A typical basic YA love triangle includes a hot new boy (often styled as a bad boy) with the heroine's childhood friend as a rival. She loves her childhood friend but at the same time is swoonily attracted like an iron filing to the dark magnetic mystery of the new guy.

The guy who is almost always the loser and is also the one usually strung along is the childhood friend. The new/mysterious guy wins nine times out of ten—or maybe ten times out of ten, actually, in YA. Why? Naturally what is new and mysterious is intriguing and more interesting than the familiar, which is safer and therefore boring.

A generally fatal flaw of childhood friend role is that the heroine has known him for a long time, so the reader usually doesn't get to know him as well. Which makes sense, of course, that the most time would be spent on the mysterious new guy, because that's where the interest and excitement of new discovery lies. Unfortunately that means that the childhood friend almost always gets the short end of the character stick.

A slightly better but still all-too-frequent scenario is when the childhood friend does get more character development and an actual personality, but still pales in comparison to the mysterious new guy who elbows his way front and center and gets the lion's share of everyone's attention. The childhood friend is safe, familiar, and ; the new guy is unknown, possibly dangerous, mysterious and therefore intriguing.

message 14: by Ann Gelize (last edited May 09, 2015 09:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Gelize Gomez I honestly think and wish it's Kile and he would be willing to stay in the palace for Eadlyn. Also I think there is something to say for the understanding for Eadlyn that only Kile have compared to the other guys. But... I also think if they were to end up together then that would be too easy for the story. So in my opinion if Eadlyn doesn't end up with Kile, I bet it would be with Erik because he complicates the story (which is kind of a shallow reasoning but, really, authors love complications) and also because he saw Eadlyn in her lows and reacted in a way that Eadlyn is comforted. As for the other guys, I think they would be for Eadlyn's character development and for more conflicts in the story (especially Ean).

Nonetheless, I still wish she ends up with Kile!!

Elisabeth Don't really know. I like Fox but I have a strong feeling it's NOT going to be him.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited May 09, 2015 01:57PM) (new)

Kile is NOT Going to Win,Because He is The Childhood Friend. He's The *Aspen* of This Dualogy. In My Case of Always Being on the Winning Team. I've Never Rooted for The Best Friend-Except for Once.

I've Never Been Wrong About Which Guy The Heroine Ends Up with. I've Been Right Every Single Time

My Prediction is That Eadlyn Will Either Choose Hale or Erik or Ean or Fox

Proudirish I think it's gonna be Ean.He is so mysterious that I think there's more to what he has been showing us or saying to Eadlyn..

Jilly I think Ean is going to be found to have a hidden agenda which is why he makes the offer he makes. I think Hale will end up as a best friend. It will be between Kile and Erik. I want it to be Kile, but I could see it being Erik since she made that comment early in the book about not dating a guard because he would be "below her station."
She needs Kile, though, because he doesn't put up with her bratty behavior and will stand up to her. Erik excuses her behavior and wouldn't help her grow up as much as she needs to.

Brittany Jilly wrote: "I think Ean is going to be found to have a hidden agenda which is why he makes the offer he makes. I think Hale will end up as a best friend. It will be between Kile and Erik. I want it to be Kile,..."

I agree! Ean is power hungry and totally has a hidden agenda, it's so obvious. I would love to see Eadlyn end up with Kile, but there is also the issue with him wanting to leave and not spend his life in the castle. I do like Erik, but I feel as if he is too submissive and Eadlyn has too much control in their relationship. Eadlyn and Kyle each demonstrate an equal amount of power in their relationship and have the capacity to help each other grow. Eadlyn needs to end up with someone who makes her feel just a bit powerless, since her power is what she values most over love.

message 21: by Katelyn (last edited May 09, 2015 04:37PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katelyn I think she should be with Erik. For a while, Kile seemed like a good candidate, but there was something missing between them. They have this "no commitment" type relationship that I can't see going anywhere. He doesn't really make her happy, comfortable, or a better person. Kile is just there. Erik, on the other hand, is kind,and really cares about her.He is in love with her, and I think she is in love with him too, even if she doesn't realize it yet. He is there for her when she is hurting. He is steady, and a good man. I don't even know what else there is to say. So, yep, my vote is for Erik all the way

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Katelyn wrote: "I think she should be with Erik. For a while, Kile seemed like a good candidate, but there was something missing between them. They have this "no commitment" type relationship that I can't see goin..."

Agreed!

message 23: by abbb (new) - rated it 4 stars

abbb team kile all the way but i guess that he's the "aspen" here...........

Storm Arashi Hale... I vote Hale... He and Eadlyn can have beautifully dressed babies.

Abby McGail I am clearly in team Kile.
Kile Kile kile
I rally hope the get married.
really really hope

message 26: by Sophia (last edited May 10, 2015 07:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophia I can't even choose! I love most of the characters: Kile, Henri, Hale, Erik, and Fox. Lol it's a love hexagon and I don't even care xD

Mary Coleen Pangan Kile or Erik

Elisabeth I'm not really rooting for Kile here but what if he's going to end up with Eadlyn just BECAUSE he's the childhood (not-friend-turnt-)friend?. Maybe Cass wants to let it go a different direction this time to be 'original' (I like her books but I don't think it would be very original).

reading.for.eternities I think it is between Kile and Hale. The way she interacts with Kile really makes it clear for me, but Hale is so promising and kind too. I can't decide!!

Lilly Kile would be too typical because he's the out of the box choice plus I feel like he's just her Celeste. I think between Erik and Hale.

reading.for.eternities I think it is hard thoguh, because how can she pick Eric without the country turning on her for breaking the rules of the selection. So I think it will be hale.

message 32: by Jana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jana Amin I don't know like I'd LOVE if she chose Kile but it seems kinda too sweet to be true. Ean would be like America in the sense of a "friend". I really hope not Erik (sorry u guys) its too complex and he isn't that wow though he is cute and caring. Hale ?! maybe, but not really.
I hope its Kile.... Marlee (tears) (joy)

message 33: by Roe (new) - rated it 3 stars

Roe Erik *swoon*

Hale 05
Erik 09
Kile 11

Grace Hertz I think that it will be Erik. I understand that he is technically not apart of The Selection, but they seem to really have something, and it is a drama opportunity for the book.

Lorelei Ally wrote: "Kile. It has to be Kile.

I stared into his eyes. How had I ever thought he was anything less than smart and funny and handsome and kind?"

Same i'd go for Kile

Lorelei I don't actually like the situation with eric, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Imogene Dacanay It's really either Kile or Hale :) I just love the idea of Kile and Eadlyn being together when in fact in the first place they annoy each other. yeah I know it's too cliche that childhood friends might end up together, but hey, romantic right? :)

Imogene Dacanay Rachel wrote: "I think it is between Kile and Hale. The way she interacts with Kile really makes it clear for me, but Hale is so promising and kind too. I can't decide!!"

but sometimes I can't help but think "what if Hale is not rally kind? what if he's only faking it for the throne?" haha, im sorry :D

Dramapuppy I LOVE Erik, but I feel like Cass is going to go with Kile, just because it's a safe choice. I mean, could anyone justify being mad about that? I mean, judging on the way she ended The One. Cass doesn't seem like a risk taker.

message 40: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia Nguyen i am seriously begging for it to be Kile, like no joke. I wasn't too fond of him in the beginning but now I just, urg, i can't even they would be so adorable together.

Dramapuppy I agree, Beata. That's not what I WANT, but it's what I expect.

message 42: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia Nguyen I'm begging for Kile, I could stay in the palace with Eadlyn instead of leaving because he loves her.
Please let it be Kile
Kile
Kile
Kile
I vote Kile

Delana Avelar It has to be Kile. It doesn´t make sense otherwise.

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited May 14, 2015 12:06PM) (new)

Erik or Hale

I'll Say This Once, Which Ever Team I Choose to Root For, It's Going to Be The Winning Team, It is Always The Winning Team

Kile is NEVER Going to Win.No Ifs or Buts About it. He's The Childhood Friend, Who *Never* Gets The Girl.

1 mysterious guy + 1 childhood friend guy + 1 girl =

A typical basic YA love triangle includes a hot new boy (often styled as a bad boy) with the heroine's childhood friend as a rival. She loves her childhood friend but at the same time is swoonily attracted like an iron filing to the dark magnetic mystery of the new guy.

The guy who is almost always the loser and is also the one usually strung along is the childhood friend. The new/mysterious guy wins nine times out of ten—or maybe ten times out of ten, actually, in YA. Why? Naturally what is new and mysterious is intriguing and more interesting than the familiar, which is safer and therefore boring.

A generally fatal flaw of childhood friend role is that the heroine has known him for a long time, so the reader usually doesn't get to know him as well. Which makes sense, of course, that the most time would be spent on the mysterious new guy, because that's where the interest and excitement of new discovery lies. Unfortunately that means that the childhood friend almost always gets the short end of the character stick.

A slightly better but still all-too-frequent scenario is when the childhood friend does get more character development and an actual personality, but still pales in comparison to the mysterious new guy who elbows his way front and center and gets the lion's share of everyone's attention. The childhood friend is safe, familiar, and ; the new guy is unknown, possibly dangerous, mysterious and therefore intriguing.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

He rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand, the tiniest movement. And I could sense we were both wondering what would have happened if his name had been in one of those baskets.”

I Think It's Going to Be Erik xD

message 46: by Kit (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kit Bradford I want it to be Kile, but...

message 47: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Erik is probably gay for Henri so team kile

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate wrote: "Erik is probably gay for Henri so team kile "

Never really so it this way but that would be so cool... :)

Veronica Erik.he seems smitten by her. he speaks his mind and i think he may make a good prince. even though kyle is a good option too, he is not prince material. he is the aspen of this new selection.
the thing with eadlyn is that she is a dominant individual. hence her partner must be her equal to survive the sticky life as a second in command. if he is powerful than her, he will manipulate her and usurp the throne. if he is henpecked he will be a liability.

Stefanie Team Kidlyn for the win!
I mean, sure most of us would root for Erik cause he's nice, polite, completely infatuated with Eadlyn, but so far they failed to connect at an intimate level with one another. Aside from that, I'm thinking this is one of those cliche's where the childhood guy friend that the girl can't stand becomes her other half...*Surprise, surprise*

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7