Start by marking “The Heir (The Selection, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Heir (The Selection, #4)

The Heir

(The Selection #4)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  175,136 ratings  ·  16,432 reviews
Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long ...more
Published May 5th 2015 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The Heir, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ella OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!! I ship Kadlyn sooooooo much, ugh but the ending is such a cliffhanger.
Praise i will reveal the synopsis of the heir ,but i will love to read the book ,like NOW

·  175,136 ratings  ·  16,432 reviews

Miranda Reads
Feb 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobook, ya-series
description
First gutter trash of the year.

Ok - to catch everyone up, America Singer lives in a country where the next queen is chosen ala The Bachelor.

Prince Maxon took three long (lonnnnng) books to pick America to be his bride. Their story is a happily-ever-after-hippie-yippie-lovefest...or is it?

Twenty years down the line, their eldest (Eadlyn) is eighteen and of marrying age.

Since there is a bout of civil unrest, King Maxon and Queen America decide to hunker down, deal with the current socioeconomic issues and really rev
Christine Riccio
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I did a full booktalk for this ages ago..... I FORGOT TO MARK IT AS FINISHED. HERE'S THE BOOKTALK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTIIV...
Gillian Berry

JUST WHEN GILLIAN THOUGHT SHE WAS A FREE ELF

Rachel E. Carter
Eadyln is definitely not America. And I could not be happier.

description

Thank you, Cass, for giving me a princess I can root for. I read the Selection series for Maxon (who didn't?) and it was refreshing to find myself drawn toward the protagonist for once. Now, some people are going to hate her. Eady comes across very spoiled and selfish at first glance, but whereas Ameri
julia ✨
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Update:
What can I say? This book was even better than I hoped it would be. I just absolutely love this series.
I can't wait for the next book to come out!

---
OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER BOOK IN THE SELECTION SERIES I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW OH MY AGSUIDODGFHODPODJF

Claudia Ramírez
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, cover-love
So, I didn't like this book as much as I liked the first 3 books. I think that's because Eadlyn was insufferable and I wanted to punch her EVERYTIME. She's bratty, spoiled and whenever someone disagrees with her, she tells them she'll be the future queen (as if they have to shut up for that reason). I don't really hate her, but I don't like her at all.

At first I didn't like any of the selected boys and I had a hard time remembering who was who, but now I kind of like Henri... and tha
Victoria
May 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
YOU GUYS. Is it possible that a book could be WORSE than The Selection, with an even more dreadful heroine, with even more terrible worldbuilding? Can such a thing happen?

I know you fall asleep each night wondering. WONDER NO MORE. The answer has arrived.

Yes. Yes, such a book can exist! And it is this one.

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?

First, it is worth noting that on top of the problems that plagued earlier books in this series, this book has spectacularly awful timing, comin

“I only have one heart, and I’m saving it.”

Why do I always finish these books in tears?

Okay, so it’s no secret that I loved the Selection books, and I have to admit, that I loved this one too

Eadlyn was a character that at times came across as bratty, selfish, and totally full of herself. But then she’d do something that would make me laugh, or something so outrageous whilst totally owning it, and I totally fell in love with her. Sure
isabelle
Aug 15, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, maybe

Basically.

Update:

I'm enthralled, yet confused, with this cover.
Veronika
My blog: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-...

"You can be brave and still be feminine. You can lead and still love flowers. Most importantly, you can be queen and still be a bride."

If I had to say one word about The Heir, I'd go with underwhelming. It was not a bad book but I just couldn't like it as much as I did The Selection. Even at the best parts it couldn't live up to the previous books and I mainly blame the narrator for that.

Eadlyn had a lot of potential but unfortunately she failed my expectations. From the first moment I thought shehttp://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-...
"You
Angela
Sep 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
Sigh. I'm a little disappointed in this edition to The Selection Series. I don't know what I was truly expecting when I picked this up but this wasn't it. This probably wont be one of the longest reviews, but that's because I don't have much to say. Overall I don't even feel like this edition needed to be written because it really didn't add anything that wasn't already there.

Eadlyn the heir to the throne and our leading lady, is a total bitch. I know a lot of people will say "oh well she has her reasons", but I disagr"oh
Lani
Aug 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015-releases
Edit 24.10.2014.
WHAT it has a blurb and a cover
WHAT MAXMERICA HAVE TWINS
WOAH A GIRL AND A BOY
WOAH ANOTHER SELECTION BUT THIS TIME WITH BOYS
WOAH WOAH TWINS *squelas*
WOAHHHH DUDE NOW I WANNA READ THE ONE
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Let me get this straight,
So this:

Plus this:

Plus.
Let
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
SPOILER FREE REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKp3q...
I'm sad that I can't honestly give this 5 stars. It's sitting in between a 4.5 and 4 right now, leaning more towards the 4.

I actually enjoyed Eadlyn. Sure she was a brat, but she was kind of starting to realize that and trying to grow out of it.
I loved that the family played a big role in this book. Loved seeing Maxon (obviously) and even America.
I also enjoyed that there's not really a clear front runner for her selection and there's quite a few guys that I
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, finished-series
“I only have one heart, and I'm saving it.”

3.5/5 stars

So The Heir was incredibly entertaining and Eadlyn(what a stupid name) is slightly less annoying than America(which is still too much).
This 4th instalment is really cheesy. Kiera Cass gushed over America's and Maxon's happily ever after relationship. We get it, they are perfect for each other, soul mates, etc.
The protagonist is a strong female character and I like that she kicks ass. This sequel has a strong feminis
Yonaily
I was going to be queen, and a queen could be many things . . . but vulnerable wasn't one of them.

I have no problem with female characters having an ego. Everyone can have one, right? You can be awesome, and I'll be cool with that. What I hate - what I can't stand, is a person who treats others like shit for no reason, and this beautiful princess named Eadlyn managed to get on my nerves every damn second of my read. Bratty, spoiled and immature doesn't begin to cover it.

Quotes a tomar en cuenta:

Neena was acutely attcuenta:
☆ gpineapples ☆
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
WTF did I just read?

I was so excited to finally get my hands on The Heir!! I bought a hardcover copy with its GORGEOUS cover, just like the other three. I couldn't wait to finally meet Eadlyn Schreave and the rest of Maxon and America's sexy babies. Although the Selection Series should've ended with The One, I was still pretty hyped about the fourth book, The Heir, because well...
KIERA CASS
April (Aprilius Maximus)
I'm loving Eadlyn's character development so far! Can't wait for the next one!
Elena
May 19, 2016 rated it did not like it
*This review contains spoilers from the other 3 books, The Selection, The Elite, and The One.*

I'd also like to make something clear here.
This isn't for anyone to get offended by okay. If you loved this book and you think this one is better than the rest, okay, good for you. I don't mean to rant about everything and Eadlyn the whole time but this book just wasn't for me. I'm sorry if you get offended. If you think you will get offended by reading a review or just seeing some negative things about his, please don'here.
ThisOne
I'd
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo images5_zpsc303661c.jpg

The Heir is book four in the series The Selection by Kiera Cass. I, like so many others, thought this series was going to end with the final book of the trilogy. I was happily surprised when I learned the series would be continued. I have been addicted to these books from the beginning and I loved this new book.

the heir kiera cass - Google Search

It’s been twenty years since the en
Aj the Ravenous Reader

I could totally understand why many readers think this entire series is a very weak sort of dystopia. I can’t blame them because this kind of is and this installment is no exception.

But a closer look at the series provided me with the realization that Kiera Cass is one of the bravest authors out there.

I bet everyone will agree with me that dystopia and fairy tales aren’t the best of friends, not even polite colleagues but the author played cupid and made these two opposite genres attract and fall crazily in
Sophia Sardothien
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it
official rating 2.5

I have to say I'm really disappointed in this book, the selection was one of my favorite reads of 2014 despite the fact that America is extremely whinny and annoying. But for her daughter, HA! She's just spoiled and mean, for that I have zero tolerance on it. In addition, the plot was extremely dull... Nothing happens. Nevertheless as much as I dislike this book, I would still be reading the next one.

For some reasons this quote annoyed me, if it happened in Throne
Vanessa J.
“You know how your mother and I met,” Dad began.
I rolled my eyes. “Everyone does. You two are practically a fairy tale.”

If you thought America was annoying in the original trilogy, then wait to meet Eadlyn. She's America's daughter and heir to the throne of the ridiculous kingdom of Illéa.

The first thing you need to know is how unfair life is for Eadlyn. Her parents just disolved the law that said that the male firstborn was going to be the king, and so, now if the firstborn is a girl, she can be queen.

Alas, Mom and Dad couldn’t standqueen.
Alas,
description

"I only have one heart, and I’m saving it.”

Blurb: Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.
But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape h
Lilyan (Little Yams)
WHAT? THIS IS A THING?

There's more. I have hope that this one will be good. AND IT'S NOT JUST ONE MORE BOOK, IT'S TWO MORE BOOKS. This is so weird. I thought basically everything was settled. I guess not.

I wasn't totally satisfied with The One, so these next two books better be good. I'm kinda torn between being happy, and being kinda annoyed. A part of me feels this series is getting too long. And the other part of me
Pearl Angeli

Highly entertaining, unpredictable, and royally fabulous. This book nailed what a highly enjoyable sequel should be. I like this book as a whole. The only downside I found was Eadlyn's attitude. *smirks

description

I have to admit I had a hard time liking Eadlyn at first because s
Shadowhunter's Library

*WARNING, SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST THREE SELECTION BOOKS WILL BE PRESENT.*

Edit: Okay, now looking back on this/reading this review again, I think my rating for this book is more of a 2.5/5 stars, but I will still give it the 3/5 on goodreads.

So, after waiting a little less then a year after the original trilogy ended, the unexpected fourth book, The Heir, has been released. And a lot of people who have read the books may be wondering if this book is worth reading.

Well, in all honesty, I personally would only recommend you read this book
♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties
Is everyone ready for The Bachelor Season 2?

Sorry... the Bachelorette.

You, yes you! Did you bring the tissues? And the chocolate?

"Yes."

You! Did you bring the tables for us to deskpalm on?

"Yes!"

What about you? Did you bring the stress-balls? Just in case?

"Yes!!"

Did you bring the crackers? For all the adorably cheesy stuff?

"Yes!!!"

And you. Did you tell everyone to grow their nails out to bite?

"Yes!!!!"

And I assume we all cleared ou/>

. ...more
Courtney Wells
And the next thrilling installment of "shut up and take my money"

Seriously, though, I wasn't expecting a continuation of the series and wouldn't have assumed there was much pretense for another Selection to take place. Nonetheless, it is interesting to see it from the other side of the coin - "dating" dozens of strangers simultaneously while weighing your personal life against your professional life.

Eadlyn will undoubtedly rub people wrong, especially considering how char
Andie
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 ⭐s

**CONTAINS SPOILER RELATED TO THE PREVIOUS THREE BOOKS. DO NOT READ IF YOU PLAN ON READING THE SELECTION, THE ELITE, AND THE ONE**

As a fan of the Selection Trilogy, I was very much looking forward to The Heir and going along for the ride of another fairytale love story. You can imagine my disappointment finding out that Princess Eadlyn not only wants nothing to do with The Selection but is also basically guilted into it. The country is in unrest after the removal of
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 Absolutely Amazing ★'s

“Didn't they know who I was, what they'd trained me for? I was Eadlyn Schreave. No one was more powerful than me.
So if they thought I was going down without a fight, they were sadly mistaken.”

“You can be brave and still be feminine. You can lead and still love flowers. Most importantly, you can be queen and still be a bride.”

4 Absolutely Amazing ★'s

So if they thought I was going down without a fight, they were sadly mistaken.”

Buddy read with my, girl Desireé :)

Reread

*The Heir takes place twenty or so years after The Selection ended. Maxon and America's daughter, their oldest child of four, Princess Eadlyn is in line to become the FIRST female monarchy of Illea. Eadlyn is 18 and due to the unrest that their country is facing, it's now time to distract once again... with another Selection. Therefore her parents convince a very relucent Eadlyn to hold her very own selection of 35 rowdy boys that she wants nothing to do with whatsoever and she doesn't accept this without a fight.*

Okay. Soooo, I gotta say I love it! I truly wasn't expecting this to be as good or as enjoyable as the first three books in The Selection series but at last, I worried for nothing. I do love America and Maxon's story much more but really this was just as good! It was nice getting a glimpse into there future and getting to know their children Eadlyn, Ahren, Kaden & Osten. All these books make me smile, laugh and break my heart and sometimes all at the same time so what more could I ask for? This was an easy fast passed read and it was written very well. I love this world so much so that I seriously devour these books as fast as I can. I had a hard time putting this one down as well as all the rest. It held my attention the whole way through and these characters really are all wonderful. Yes, even Princess Eadlyn :)

“I’m smart and beautiful and strong. I don’t need to be rescued.”

I know a LOT of people who have read this and they really hate Princess Eadlyn and find her to be quite awful but I can't help it I actually really like her. Sure she was a bratty spoiled Princess most of the time but I think that's why I enjoy her character so much! She was so far from being perfect that I found it refreshing. She kept those boys on their toes and that shit was very entertaining for me, to say the least 😂. That girl has so much FIRE inside of her. Don't get me wrong I also thought she was selfish, condescending, self-absorbed/self-important, outspoken, stubborn, closed-off and cold at times plus she was a bit naive. But for all Eadlyn flaws, she is also loving towards those she's closest to (her family), loyal, hard-working, strong, smart, witty and funny. She makes no apologies for who she is and she 'owns' it.

“I'm not sure anyone knows what they're looking for until they find it.”

Eadlyn does eventually come to terms with the selection towards the end and she realizes that this isn't a game. This is her life. Her future. Out of the 35 guys selected I can honestly say there is only a few that I really like, Henri, Kile and one who isn't even a contender Eikko (Erik). These three guys are fantastic and each one is uniquely special. But... Kile feels like the palace is a cage and all he really wants to do is go out into the world and pursue his dream of being an architect. So he'd have to give that up if he stays and I think that'd be really sad. Henri though one of my favorites, he always brings a smile to my face with all his sweetness. I just don't see any real possible future for him and Eadlyn because they'd probably NEVER have a REAL conversation. I just don't see how it'd ever work :( As for Eikko, I know he's technically not even in the running but just the same I have my fingers crossed for him anyways. A couple others I enjoy are Hale and Fox. I'm not gonna go into any more detail about them. If you wanna know more then read the book and if you already have then you already know. I don't know what all their futures hold but I'm excited to find out. I will say this though I'm #TeamEikko 4 life!!! The Hire ends on a cliffhanger!!!! You've been warned. I'm very excited to move on to the next and final book in this series I adore so much The Crown.

*The audiobook was fantastic! Brittany Pressley (the Narrator), did such a wonderful job. If you're an audiobook lover then don't miss this one :D Also, the cover is so pretty! I love it :)*

He pressed his mouth to mine again, and I was so surprised to get another kiss like that, it felt like my bones were turning into mush. I wrapped my fingers up into his hair, shocked at myself for having the urge to hold him in that pose all night.”

“This time, I felt like I was on the other side of that, looking past duty and worry and rank, seeing the true heart of a person.
And his was so beautiful.”
Is it possible that Lady Brice is Page? 30 868 Jan 04, 2019 04:56AM
selection oc 1 7 Oct 18, 2018 10:37PM
Play Book Tag: The Heir by Kiera Cass 3 stars 6 13 Jul 31, 2018 02:46PM
Pov switch 1 5 Apr 24, 2018 01:22AM
Anyone else annoyed with Eadlyn? 36 250 Apr 24, 2018 12:56AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Other Worlds
  • Deliverance (Defiance, #3)
  • The White Rose (The Lone City, #2)
  • Crystal Kingdom (Kanin Chronicles, #3)
  • Jubilee Manor (Landry Park, #2)
  • Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)
  • Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5-#2.5)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
  • Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
  • Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Rise
  • The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5)
100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The s

The Selection (5 books)
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • The One (The Selection, #3)
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
“I'm not sure anyone knows what they're looking for until they find it.” 452 likes
“I only have one heart, and I'm saving it.” 351 likes