The Challenge Factory discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
♦Factory Archives♦ > May Employee of the Month & Challenge ~ LaurLa

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenne (last edited Jun 01, 2015 06:56AM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments

is......

LaurLa

Congrats LaurLa! So tell us a little about yourself:
1. What are your 5 favorite books?
2. What is your favorite genre?
3. Where do you live?
4. What's your favorite color?
5. Name 2 books that you didn't like.
6. What is/was your profession?
7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
8. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
9. If you could have lunch with an author, who would you choose?
10. What are your hobbies besides reading?
11. What's your favorite thing about/at TCF?
12. Who's your top 3 authors?
13. Do you have any pets, and if so what are they and what are their names?
14. What's your favorite thing to eat?
15. What method of reading do you prefer i.e. Kindle, paperback, audio, etc?
16. What are you currently reading?
17. What book did you just finish?
18. Name a book, author, or series that you loved and wouldn't of know about if it weren't for Goodreads.
19. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and what book is he/she from?
20. Where's your favorite place to go on vacation to?

Bonus:
Tell us 3 things about yourself

⇏⇏⇏⇏LaurLa's Answers (TBD)⇍⇍⇍⇍

This challenge will run for the month of May, feel free to think outside the box!

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Apr 29, 2015 07:38AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16189 comments Mod
Congrats LaurLa!!

message 3: by LaurLa (last edited Apr 29, 2015 11:17AM) (new)

LaurLa | 2490 comments Thanks, Jenne, for naming me EOTM :-D

1. What are your 5 favorite books?
This is so hard for me to answer, I gobble them up so fast! But if I'm forced to answer I'd say anything by Jennifer Crusie. I would reread any of her books in a heartbeat - Bet Me and Welcome to Temptation especially.

I'd have to say Contemporary. I really like Romantic Suspense, too, but if you look at my TBR (don't - you'll drown) you'd see much more contemp that anything else.

3. Where do you live?
Brownsburg, IN , USA - that's near Indianapolis, IN for those who know or care...

4. What's your favorite color?
Purple

5. Name 2 books that you didn't like.
April Lady by Georgette Heyer. I felt like I was committing a sin by not liking it. However, I understand from the reviews that it was not really a good bet for a first Heyer.
Planning to Live by Heather Wardell - up until I read this book I loved almost everything she wrote. Then she betratyed me in this book and I can't get past it. I've read one more since reading this one and enjoyed it but when I think of this author now all I think about is how angry she made me.

6. What is/was your profession?
I am a Customer Database Manager for a large accounting firm (this means I play with customer data all day for the marketing department).

7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
St. Simons Island, GA - or Savannah, GA.

8. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Anything with coffee and/or chocolate.

9. If you could have lunch with an author, who would you choose?
Well, Ms Crusie of course. Or Ms Roberts.

10. What are your hobbies besides reading?
I'm supposed to have hobbies outside of reading? Oh. Um, watching my son in his various sports activities? I really like NFL football too. And The Voice reality show.

11. What's your favorite thing about/at TCF?
I love the interactive nature of SS (and SSS) and Monopoly. I like the way TCF does buddy reads too.

12. Who's your top 3 authors?
Only 3? Oh dear. Jennifer Crusie, Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Rachel Gibson (can I sneak in Julie James and Lorelie James?)

13. Do you have any pets, and if so what are they and what are their names?
We have a 17 y/o cat named Punkin and a 4 y/o dog named Kauri.

14. What's your favorite thing to eat?
Pasta

15. What method of reading do you prefer i.e. Kindle, paperback, audio, etc?
I read on my Kindle Fire mostly.

16. What are you currently reading?
I just started Her Sanctuary by Toni Anderson. In all likelihood that will be finished today. Next in line is Viking's Prize by Tanya Anne Crosby.

17. What book did you just finish?
Excess All Areas by Mandy Baggot (3.5 stars)

18. Name a book, author, or series that you loved and wouldn't of know about if it weren't for Goodreads.
Truthfully, too many to name. But I'll say Master of the Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair because I would never have picked up anything like it before joining challenge groups here at GR.

19. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and what book is he/she from?
That's a hard one. I recently finished Just Breathe by Janette Paul. The heroine is a yoga instructor who, for various reasons, became an intructor after discovering yoga, studying it in India and realizing that the practice and philosphy of yoga was what she needed. I'm SO not a yoga instructor (although I'm now seriously considering taking it up) but the heroine underwent a huge lifestyle change in order to be true to herself. I love the courage it took for her to make the changes she needed to make to be healthy in body and soul. It's inspiring.

20. Where's your favorite place to go on vacation to?
St. Simon's Island, GA.

Bonus...
1. Like so many others, I can't read a series out of order and I hate starting a series until I have all of the books. I've gotten better at that here at GR, though. I glomm a lot less than I used to because of challenges, so it's okay (really, it is) to not have the entire series before starting it.

2. I am introverted yet social at the same time. Figure that one out... Basically, I'm really shy until I get to know you and then you can't get me to go away ;-)

3. I love the ocean and want to live near it in our retirement. Truthfully, I'd be happy on any kind of body of water as long as it's warm (the air, not necessarily the water).

message 4: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2490 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Congrats LaurLa!!"

THANKS!!

message 5: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) Congrats Laurla. I love Savannah and St. Simon's Island too.

message 6: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited May 29, 2015 08:24PM) (new)

Lanelle | 13236 comments Mod
Congratulations, LaurLa. And I completely understand about April Lady. It's not one of my favorites either.

I'm in for this challenge.

5. Georgette Heyer - The Quiet Gentleman by Georgette Heyer May 27, 2015 ****

7. Simon - mc's name is Simon Bad Apple 5/5/15 ***

8. coffee - mc drinks a ton of coffee Shiver 5/3/15 ****

9. Cruise or Roberts - The Search by Nora Roberts 5/11/15 ***

10. football - Wyoming, a Story of the Outdoor West 5/14/15 *** (the mc played football in college)

11. SS - read for SS Never Forgotten 5/1/15 ***

14. pasta - Morning Light 5/29/15 **** "He fiddled with his pasta." p. 176

15. read on my Kindle Fire - The Young Visiters, or Mr. Salteena's Plan 5/13/15 ****

20. Simon - mc has a cat named Simon Shaken 5/2/15 ***

message 7: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 2433 comments Congratulations. Love your responses!

message 8: by Barbara ★ (last edited May 31, 2015 05:57PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1874 comments Congrats LaurLa.

READ: 6/6

✔2. What is your favorite genre?
I'd have to say Contemporary. I really like Romantic Suspense, too, but if you look at my TBR (don't - you'll drown) you'd see much more contemp that anything else.
Everything for Us (The Bad Boys, #3) by M. Leighton Everything for Us - M. Leighton 5/25

✔4. What's your favorite color? Purple
In Rides Trouble (Black Knights Inc., #2) by Julie Ann Walker In Rides Trouble - Julie Ann Walker 5/26

✔7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? St. Simons Island, GA - or Savannah, GA.
Taken by MidnightTaken by Midnight - Lara Adrian (char named Savannah) 5/30

✔9. If you could have lunch with an author, who would you choose?
Well, Ms Crusie of course. Or Ms Roberts.
The Collector by Nora Roberts The Collector - Nora Roberts 5/13

✔10. What are your hobbies besides reading?
I'm supposed to have hobbies outside of reading? Oh. Um, watching my son in his various sports activities? I really like NFL football too. And The Voice reality show.
Games Creatures Play by Charlaine Harris Games Creatures Play - Charlaine Harris, etal (anthology of sports-related short stories) 5/2

✔12. Who's your top 3 authors?
Only 3? Oh dear. Jennifer Crusie, Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Rachel Gibson (can I sneak in Julie James and Lorelie James?)
Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4) by Julie James Love Irresistibly - Julie James 5/27

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 9: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2490 comments Lanelle wrote: "Congratulations, LaurLa. And I completely understand about April Lady. It's not one of my favorites either.

11. SS - read for SS [book:Never Forgotten|108..."

Thanks, Lanelle - I will try Georgette Heyer again, just not very soon ;-)

message 10: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2490 comments JoAnne wrote: "Congratulations. Love your responses!"

message 11: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2490 comments Barbara ★ wrote: "Congrats LaurLa.

READ: 0/6

I'd have to say Contemporary. I really like Romantic Suspense, too, but if you look at my TBR (don't - you'll drown) you'd see much mor..."

You have some excellent challenge books here - I'm glad I could inspire so many!!

message 12: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Andreda | 235 comments Congrats LaurLa.

Read: 2/14

Welcome to Temptation (Dempseys, #1) by Jennifer Crusie Confess by Colleen Hoover An Abundance of Katherines by John Green Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë April Lady by Georgette Heyer The Firm by John Grisham Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Where Did We Go Wrong? by Monica Mathis-Stowe Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Shut Out by Kody Keplinger Boardwalk Empire The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City by Nelson Johnson Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1) by Cecily von Ziegesar Relative Malice by Marla Madison

1. What are your 5 favorite books? This is so hard for me to answer, I gobble them up so fast! But if I'm forced to answer I'd say anything by Jennifer Crusie. I would reread any of her books in a heartbeat - Bet Me and Welcome to Temptation especially.

Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie

2. What is your favorite genre? I'd have to say Contemporary. I really like Romantic Suspense, too, but if you look at my TBR (don't - you'll drown) you'd see much more contemp that anything else.

Confess by Colleen Hoover

3. Where do you live? Brownsburg, IN , USA - that's near Indianapolis, IN for those who know or care...

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (John Green was born in Indiana)

4. What's your favorite color? Purple

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (Purple cover)

5. Name 2 books that you didn't like. April Lady by Georgette Heyer. I felt like I was committing a sin by not liking it. However, I understand from the reviews that it was not really a good bet for a first Heyer. Planning to Live by Heather Wardell - up until I read this book I loved almost everything she wrote. Then she betratyed me in this book and I can't get past it. I've read one more since reading this one and enjoyed it but when I think of this author now all I think about is how angry she made me.

April Lady by Georgette Heyer

6. What is/was your profession? I am a Customer Database Manager for a large accounting firm (this means I play with customer data all day for the marketing department).

The Firm by John Grisham (main character works for a tax firm)

7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? St. Simons Island, GA - or Savannah, GA.

Fallen by Lauren Kate (takes place in Georgia) - Finished 05.01.15 - ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

8. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Anything with coffee and/or chocolate.

Where Did We Go Wrong? by Monica Mathis-Stowe (coffee in a sentence: "Trent put the tray on the coffee table and sat beside Maxine on the loveseat.")

9. If you could have lunch with an author, who would you choose? Well, Ms Crusie of course. Or Ms Roberts.

Dark Witch by Nora Roberts

10. What are your hobbies besides reading? I'm supposed to have hobbies outside of reading? Oh. Um, watching my son in his various sports activities? I really like NFL football too. And The Voice reality show.

Shut Out by Kody Keplinger (deals with football)

11. What's your favorite thing about/at TCF? I love the interactive nature of SS (and SSS) and Monopoly. I like the way TCF does buddy reads too.

Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City by Nelson Johnson (has a monopoly property in its name: Boardwalk)

12. Who's your top 3 authors? Only 3? Oh dear. Jennifer Crusie, Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Rachel Gibson (can I sneak in Julie James and Lorelie James?)

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

13. Do you have any pets, and if so what are they and what are their names? We have a 17 y/o cat named Punkin and a 4 y/o dog named Kauri.

Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar (main character Blair owns a cat and it is named Cat) - Finished 05.02.15 - ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

15. What method of reading do you prefer i.e. Kindle, paperback, audio, etc? I read on my Kindle Fire mostly.

Relative Malice by Marla Madison (Kindle e-book I own)

message 13: by Jonquil (new)

Jonquil | 694 comments "If you could live anywhere, where would it be? St. Simons Island, GA - or Savannah, GA"--I'd happily rent your guest cottage, or attic or garage, LaurLa!

2. (don't - you'll drown) sister afraid of drowning The Forget-Me-Not Summer 5/16

4. Purple 5/19
Heavy Mental A Clancy Parker Mystery by P.J. Morse

5. author misses the mark A Deadly Web 5/15

6. teen agents use computer data and skills to stop a bad man Model Spy 5/14

7. Southern coastal community Disappearance at Hangman's Bluff 5/12

8. coffee and chocolate Cookie Dough or Die 5/21

9 book conference attendees lunch with authors Scotched 5/21

10. football Stiff Arm Steal 5/26

11. group tour Death on Tour 5/4

12. Julie James Just the Sexiest Man Alive 5/24

13. Birdie adopts Bowser from the shelter, they solve a mystery Woof 5/28

15 my Kindle Fire read this to me Graveside Manner: October's Eve 5/26

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.