The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > AUGUST 2020 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jul 22, 2020 12:17AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16381 comments Mod
📚AUGUST 2020 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge:
💈 EIGHTH Shelf for 2020 ~ SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR

Please post your shelves. NO COMMENTS in this thread please. After I post the pair, it will add a link to the shelf, and then you can add discussion comments.

How It Will Work:
1) Please only post no more than 10 books that you would like to read this month.
*minimum 5 books.

2) An assigned person will pick TWO BOOKS from your post series.

3) Pick a Bonus Book...It can be one that you share in common, a title that looked interesting on their shelf etc

4) You have one month: AUGUST 2020 to try to read one of the chosen books. (*if you don't read your book this month, it's okay because this challenge is for YOUR ENJOYMENT)

5) Please try to select for your pair ASAP as we all get excited and waiting is torture to some.

TIMELINE
JULY 22nd-27th, 2020:
Participants will Post their shelves
*If you do not list a shelf, I will not pair you with anyone
***Cut off on JULY 27th

JULY 27th-30th, 2020: Pairs will be posted & then Selection of the books and posting it for the person you are choosing for
*Again, as I said earlier, please try to select for your pair ASAP.

**JULY 30th : Re-picks for those who didn’t get the pick

**MOD ASSIST: TCF Mods Trea, Denise & Lanelle are also around for assistance.

SEE how to POST Book Covers (view spoiler)

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jul 31, 2020 12:30PM) (new)

PAIRS ☑ made a pick

☑ 1. Carrie picks for Chelle
☑ 2. Erica picks for ☘KathyD☘
☑ 3. Suzanne picks for Theo
☑ 4. Chelle picks for Denise
☑ 5. ☘KathyD☘ picks for Kari
☑ 6. LittleRedRidingHood picks for VampAmber
☑ 7. Karen ♐ picks for Debbie G
☑ 8. Ezinwanyi picks for LittleRedRidingHood
☑ 9. Danielle Gypsy Soul picks for Ezinwanyi
☑ 10. Kari picks for Lexi
☑ 11. VampAmber picks for Carrie
☑ 12. Diane ~Firefly~ picks for Karen ♐
☑ 13. Debbie G picks for Erica
☑ 14. Lexi picks for Diane ~Firefly~
☑ 15. LaurLa picks for Danielle Gypsy Soul
☑ 16. Denise picks for Suzanne
☑ 17. Theo picks for LaurLa

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jul 30, 2020 02:24PM) (new)

♛I chose for LittleRedRidingHood The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren Bonus: A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole
☀️ DGS chose for me: Common Goal (Game Changers, #4) by Rachel Reid Dragonfly by Leila Meacham Bonus: Into Deep Waters by Kaje Harper

Ezinwanyi's AUGUST 2020 Bookshelf
Common Goal (Game Changers, #4) by Rachel Reid My Name is Eva by Suzanne Goldring Dragonfly by Leila Meacham Here to Stay by Adriana Herrera Ties That Tether by Jane Igharo What You Wish For by Katherine Center Whispered Prayers of a Girl by Alex Grayson The Never Have I Ever Club by Mary Jayne Baker Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall

OLDEST: & NEW:

Bonus: Make it good Historical Romance that in on Audiobook :D

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Debbie (last edited Jul 29, 2020 11:51AM) (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 1007 comments Debbie G's Shelf

The Begonia Bribe (A Garden Society Mystery, #2) by Alyse Carlson The Man Who Invented Florida (Doc Ford Mystery, #3) by Randy Wayne White The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1) by Karen White The Chocolate Cat Caper (A Chocoholic Mystery, #1) by JoAnna Carl The Waiter by Matias Faldbakken

Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle (Miss Julia #12) by Ann B. Ross Iced Under (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #5) by Barbara Ross Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin (Aunt Dimity Mystery, #10) by Nancy Atherton The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1) by Lori Wilde Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) by Sherryl Woods

I choose for Erica Braiding Sweetgrass Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer Wow, No Thank You. by Samantha Irby and Tears of the Giraffe (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #2) by Alexander McCall Smith
Karen chooses for me The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1) by Karen White Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) by Sherryl Woods and The Sunrise Cove Inn (The Vineyard Sunset #1) by Katie Winters

message 7: by Chelle (last edited Aug 12, 2020 11:19AM) (new)

Chelle (MaleficentBookDragon) (chellerydz) | 465 comments Chelle's August Dusty Bookshelf

Carrie picks for me - I'm Not Dying with You Tonight by Kimberly Jones , Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3) by Cleo Coyle (read ***) bonus of The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern

For Denise I pick The Prince of Ravens (The Exile Series, #1) by Hal Emerson and The Last Man on the Moon Astronaut Eugene Cernan and America's Race in Space by Eugene Cernan with a bonus of Code Name Madeleine A Sufi Spy in Nazi-Occupied Paris by Arthur J. Magida

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins Clammed Up (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #1) by Barbara Ross Sex and Vanity by Kevin Kwan Talking to Strangers What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know by Malcolm Gladwell I'm Not Dying with You Tonight by Kimberly Jones

Tails, You Lose (Witch City Mystery #2) by Carol J. Perry Blood Infernal (The Order of the Sanguines, #3) by James Rollins Booked for Trouble (Lighthouse Library Mystery #2) by Eva Gates Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3) by Cleo Coyle Primal Waters (Meg #3) by Steve Alten

message 8: by VampAmber (last edited Jul 30, 2020 07:42PM) (new)

VampAmber | 394 comments VampAmber's Dust Bookshelf - August 2020

I picked for Carrie: A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay and The Oracle Glass by Judith Merkle Riley , plus House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
LittleRedRidingHood picked for me: Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown and The Testament of Loki (Loki #2) by Joanne M. Harris , plus Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore

My List

Never a Bride (Duke's Daughters, #4) by Megan Frampton Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown Intermediate Thermodynamics (Chemistry Lessons, #2) by Susannah Nix Poe's Children The New Horror by Peter Straub Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies, #1) by K.J. Charles Code of the Lifemaker (Code of the Lifemaker #1) by James P. Hogan The Testament of Loki (Loki #2) by Joanne M. Harris Accidentally Family (Pecan Valley #1) by Sasha Summers If Chins Could Kill Confessions of a B Movie Actor by Bruce Campbell

message 9: by Karen ♐ (last edited Jul 29, 2020 02:30PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1895 comments Karen's August Dusty Bookshelf

I picked for Debbie G: The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1) by Karen White Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) by Sherryl Woods and Bonus: The Sunrise Cove Inn (The Vineyard Sunset #1) by Katie Winters
Diane Firefly picked for me: Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1) by Beth Ehemann Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn and bonus: Gaming for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #1) by Seleste deLaney

Crow (Boston Underworld, #1) by A. Zavarelli Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1) by Beth Ehemann Separation Games (The Games Duet, #2) by C.D. Reiss Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1) by Elle Casey Tribute by Nora Roberts The Summer That Made Us by Robyn Carr Half Empty (First Wives #2) by Catherine Bybee Soul Deep (I-Team, #6.5) by Pamela Clare Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1) by Meghan March Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn

message 10: by LittleRedRidingHood (last edited Jul 29, 2020 03:56PM) (new)

LittleRedRidingHood | 194 comments Red's August Dusty Bookshelf

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough The Hating Game by Sally Thorne The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson Valor's Choice (Confederation, #1) by Tanya Huff The Voyage of the Basilisk (The Memoirs of Lady Trent, #3) by Marie Brennan Bad Blood Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren Come as You Are The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life by Emily Nagoski The Fair Fight by Anna Freeman

I picked for VampAmber: Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown & The Testament of Loki (Loki #2) by Joanne M. Harris + Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore .
Ezin picked for me: The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson & Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren + A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole

message 11: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 933 comments ☘KathyD’s☘ 2020 August Dusty Bookshelf

Newest
The Fix (The Carolina Connections, #1) by Sylvie Stewart Flirtasaurus (The Natural History Series, #1) by Erin Mallon The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Oliver's Hunger (Scanguards Vampires, #7) by Tina Folsom Tempt the Playboy (Tempt, #2) by Natasha Madison

Oldest
Dirty Dom (Valetti Crime Family, #1) by Willow Winters Line of Scrimmage by Marie Force My Dear Hamilton A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray Pay for Play (Alphachat.com #1) by Victoria Ashley Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1) by T. Torrest

message 12: by LaurLa (last edited Jul 29, 2020 03:02PM) (new)

LaurLa | 2672 comments LaurLa's DBS List -- August

I picked for: Danielle Gypsy Soul
How to Claim an Undead SoulThe Boyfriend Mandate | Bonus: Into the Dark

Picked for me: Theo
Old: Forged in Ember | New: The Graveyard Shift | Bonus: Blood Bound

🔹Oldest🔹
Secret Pleasures (Pleasures, #2) by Cheryl Howe The Heat of a Kiss by Judy E. Hagemann Historically Yours by Jessica L. Degarmo Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4) by Trish McCallan Reeling in the Redneck (Possum Hollow, #2) by Lindsey Brookes

🔹Newest🔹
Our Perfect Secret (Political Passions Book 2) by Sadie Fox The Graveyard Shift (Charley Davidson, #13.5) by Darynda Jones Completely (New York, #3) by Ruthie Knox There Goes My Heart (Maine Sullivans, #2; The Sullivans, #20) by Bella Andre All Fired Up (Road to Love, #3) by Lori Foster

message 13: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 21, 2020 05:51PM) (new)

Suzanne | 927 comments Suzanne's August Dusty Shelf

It has been a rough month and I only got one read, but I'm happy with the one! The Collectors (Camel Club, #2) by David Baldacci -it was one of my 10 oldest on shelf books

I picked for Theo No One Else Can Have You (No One Else Can Have You #1) by Kathleen Hale Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1) by Shelby Mahurin Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

Denise Picked for me: The Collectors (Camel Club, #2) by David Baldacci The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut, #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5) by Gregg Andrew Hurwitz

Oldest:
Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, #8) by L.M. Montgomery The Collectors (Camel Club, #2) by David Baldacci Die Trying (Jack Reacher, #2) by Lee Child The Candymakers (The Candymakers, #1) by Wendy Mass Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill

Newest:
The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut, #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer Perchance to Dream (Star Trek The Next Generation #19) by Howard Weinstein Death on a Deadline by Robert Goldsborough A Private Cathedral (Dave Robicheaux #23) by James Lee Burke

message 14: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jul 29, 2020 08:18AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5862 comments Mod
Denise's August Dusty Bookshelf

Arthur (The Pendragon Cycle, #3) by Stephen R. Lawhead The Prince of Ravens (The Exile Series, #1) by Hal Emerson The Luck of the Weissensteiners by Christoph Fischer Forests of the Night A Johnny Hawke Novel by David Stuart Davies Beautiful by Joshua Guess The Last Man on the Moon Astronaut Eugene Cernan and America's Race in Space by Eugene Cernan Code Name Madeleine A Sufi Spy in Nazi-Occupied Paris by Arthur J. Magida American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson How to Lose a Country The 7 Steps from Democracy to Dictatorship by Ece Temelkuran An Honest Man by Ben Fergusson

Chelle picks for me: The Prince of Ravens (The Exile Series, #1) by Hal Emerson The Last Man on the Moon Astronaut Eugene Cernan and America's Race in Space by Eugene Cernan + Code Name Madeleine A Sufi Spy in Nazi-Occupied Paris by Arthur J. Magida
I pick for Suzanne: The Collectors (Camel Club, #2) by David Baldacci The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut, #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal + Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5) by Gregg Andrew Hurwitz

message 15: by Kari (last edited Jul 30, 2020 12:12PM) (new)

Kari | 323 comments Kari's August Dusty Bookshelf

The Guy in the Window by Cara Dee Tempting Eden by Celia Aaron Framed in Cherry Hills (Cozy Cat Caper Mystery, #2) by Paige Sleuth Thieves 2 Lovers (2 Lovers #3) by K. Webster Lovewrecked by Karina Halle Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8) by Renee Rose The Reaper Rescues The Genie (Nocturne Falls, #9) by Kristen Painter Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1) by Lani Lynn Vale Tall, Dork and Handsome by Remy Richard Eager for More (EagerBoyz #2) by H.L. Day

I pick for Lexi We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson Sourdough by Robin Sloan and bonus Replay by Ken Grimwood or The Mind Readers (Mind Readers, #1) by Lori Brighton

☘KathyD☘ picks for me Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1) by Lani Lynn Vale Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8) by Renee Rose and bonus Absolution (The Protectors, #1) by Sloane Kennedy

message 16: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Jul 30, 2020 09:35AM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1460 comments Danielle's Dusty Bookshelf

Dream (Skins, #1) by Garrett Leigh The Boyfriend Mandate (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #2) by River Jaymes Syncopation (Twisted Wishes, #1) by Anna Zabo Father of the Groom (Love and Care, #1) by Silvia Violet Off Campus (Bend or Break, #1) by Amy Jo Cousins When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1) by Nash Summers Alphas Like Us (Like Us, #3) by Krista Ritchie How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2) by Hailey Edwards Jackdaw (The World of A Charm of Magpies) by K.J. Charles Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1) by T.A. White

I picked Common Goal (Game Changers, #4) by Rachel Reid Dragonfly by Leila Meacham Bonus: Into Deep Waters by Kaje Harper
LaurLa picks for me How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2) by Hailey Edwards The Boyfriend Mandate (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #2) by River Jaymes Bonus: Every Dark Corner (Romantic Suspense, #18; Cincinnati, #3) by Karen Rose

message 17: by Erica (last edited Aug 02, 2020 09:32AM) (new)

Erica | 990 comments Erica's August Dusty Bookshelf

Older:
The Coffee Trader by David Liss Braiding Sweetgrass Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer Green Bay Packers Trials, Triumphs, and Tradition by William Povletich The Dead Duke, His Secret Wife, and the Missing Corpse An Extraordinary Edwardian Case of Deception and Intrigue by Piu Marie Eatwell Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Newer:
Barn 8 by Deb Olin Unferth Wow, No Thank You. by Samantha Irby In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad, #1) by Tana French Inheritance A Memoir of Genealogy, Paternity, and Love by Dani Shapiro Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton

For ☘KathyD☘ I pick Flirtasaurus (Natural History Series, #1) by Erin Mallon and My Dear Hamilton A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray with a bonus book of The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata .

Debbie G. picks Braiding Sweetgrass Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer and Wow, No Thank You. by Samantha Irby for me, with a bonus book of Tears of the Giraffe (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #2) by Alexander McCall Smith .

message 18: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 371 comments Diane's bookshelf

Death Walked In (Death on Demand, #18) by Carolyn G. Hart Bear Witness to Murder (Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery, #2) by Meg Macy Dragon Blood (World of the Lupi, #14) by Eileen Wilks A Twist of Date (Better Date than Never, #5) by Susan Hatler #Murdertrending (MurderTrending, #1) by Gretchen McNeil Gold Fire (Barringer's Pass #2) by Starr Ambrose Love Potions (Warlocks MacGregor, #1) by Michelle M. Pillow The Swallows by Lisa Lutz A Hard Day's Knight (Nightside, #11) by Simon R. Green Witches and Wedding Cake (A Magical Bakery Mystery #9) by Bailey Cates

message 19: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 283 comments Lexi's Dusty Bookshelf

Lexi's 2020 July Dusty Bookshelf
Oldest:
A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly Hunter (Hunter, #1) by Mercedes Lackey Cracked (Soul Eaters, #1) by Eliza Crewe We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson StarCrossed (Thief Errant, #1) by Elizabeth C. Bunce
Newest:
Sourdough by Robin Sloan A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking by T. Kingfisher (I was on a bread theme)
The Extraordinaries (The Extraordinaries, #1) by T.J. Klune Slay by Brittney Morris We Ride the Storm (The Reborn Empire, #1) by Devin Madson

Bonus: Starting a blog of middle grade books old and new so would take a MG suggestion

message 20: by Theo (last edited Jul 26, 2020 05:08PM) (new)

Theo | 1913 comments Theo's August 2020 Dusty Bookshelf

Oldest: Let Me Stand Alone The Journals of Rachel Corrie by Rachel Corrie Stay by Deb Caletti No One Else Can Have You (No One Else Can Have You #1) by Kathleen Hale Chains (Seeds of America, #1) by Laurie Halse Anderson Surviving the Applewhites (Applewhites, #1) by Stephanie S. Tolan
Newest: Circe by Madeline Miller Disappeared (Disappeared, #1) by Francisco X. Stork In Search Of Us by Ava Dellaira Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1) by Shelby Mahurin Into White by Randi Pink

message 21: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 513 comments Carrie's Dusty

A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay If the Slipper Fits (Cinderella Sisterhood, #1) by Olivia Drake Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1) by Veronica Roth The Wheel of Osheim (The Red Queen's War, #3) by Mark Lawrence The Oracle Glass by Judith Merkle Riley Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman The Chameleon with a Sword by B.L. Logan

Bonus: Fantasy or something creepyish please

message 22: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jul 29, 2020 01:41AM) (new)

LittleRedRidingHood August Dusty Bookshelf
Greetings from Dallas, Texas. I hope you are doing the best you can to stay sane.
For you, I decided on The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren
Bonus: A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole

Stay safe and wear your mask

message 23: by Erica (new)

Erica | 990 comments Good morning ☘KathyD☘! For you I pick Flirtasaurus (Natural History Series, #1) by Erin Mallon because it sounds fun and My Dear Hamilton A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray because I love historical fiction and this looks good. As a bonus, I pick The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata which I recently finished and really enjoyed.

Happy reading!

message 24: by VampAmber (new)

VampAmber | 394 comments Carrie wrote: "Carrie's Dusty"

For your picks, I went with A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay and The Oracle Glass by Judith Merkle Riley .

"Bonus: Fantasy or something creepyish please"

And for your bonus, I went for what is most likely the creepiest story I've ever read, which just so happened to be on your to-read list: House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski .

Hope you enjoy them all, especially House Of Leaves, since it's also one of my favorite books. ^_^

message 25: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 1007 comments For Erica I choose Braiding Sweetgrass Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer and Wow, No Thank You. by Samantha Irby
and because it has turned into a favorite series of mine Tears of the Giraffe (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #2) by Alexander McCall Smith

message 26: by Kari (new)

Kari | 323 comments For Lexi, my picks are:

We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson and Sourdough by Robin Sloan . For a bonus I pick Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

Happy reading!

message 27: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 927 comments Theo - for you I'm choosing:
No One Else Can Have You (No One Else Can Have You #1) by Kathleen Hale
Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1) by Shelby Mahurin (I'd like to read this too)

Bonus book:
Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (I really enjoyed this one!)

message 28: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (MaleficentBookDragon) (chellerydz) | 465 comments Denise wrote: "Denise's August Dusty Bookshelf..."

Hi Denise, for you I pick The Prince of Ravens (The Exile Series, #1) by Hal Emerson and The Last Man on the Moon Astronaut Eugene Cernan and America's Race in Space by Eugene Cernan with a bonus of Code Name Madeleine A Sufi Spy in Nazi-Occupied Paris by Arthur J. Magida (because you've read all the books we have in common). :)

message 29: by Lexi (last edited Jul 29, 2020 08:17AM) (new)

Lexi | 283 comments Kari wrote: "For Lexi, my picks are:

We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson and Sourdough by Robin Sloan.

Happy reading!"

Thank you

Edited: Can I have a different bonus if you do not mind? That one was a DNF for me.

message 30: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Suzanne,

my picks for you: The Collectors (Camel Club, #2) by David Baldacci & The Fated Sky (Lady Astronaut, #2) by Mary Robinette Kowal

Bonus: Into the Fire (Orphan X, #5) by Gregg Andrew Hurwitz

Happy Reading! :)

message 31: by Lexi (last edited Jul 29, 2020 08:16AM) (new)

Lexi | 283 comments Diane ~Firefly~,

For you: A Hard Day's Knight (Nightside, #11) by Simon R. Green Gold Fire (Barringer's Pass #2) by Starr Ambrose - I tried for 2 very different genres
Bonus: All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells - Tied for my top all time favorite series - short, sweet and fun

message 32: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Chelle wrote: "Denise wrote: "Denise's August Dusty Bookshelf..."

Hi Denise, for you I pick The Prince of Ravens (The Exile Series, #1) by Hal Emerson and [bookcover:The Last Man on the Moon: Astronaut Eugene Cernan and Americ..."

Thank you! :)

message 33: by Theo (new)

Theo | 1913 comments LaurLa wrote: "LaurLa's DBS List -- August"

LaurLa, I choose for you Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4) by Trish McCallan (old), The Graveyard Shift (Charley Davidson, #13.5) by Darynda Jones (new), and Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs (bonus).

message 34: by Theo (new)

Theo | 1913 comments Suzanne wrote: "Theo - for you I'm choosing:
No One Else Can Have You (No One Else Can Have You #1) by Kathleen Hale
Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1) by Shelby Mahurin (I'd like to read this too)

Bonus book:
Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (I real..."

Thanks Suzanne!

message 35: by Kari (new)

Kari | 323 comments Lexi wrote: "
Edited: Can I have a different bonus if you do not mind? ..."

Of course, how about Replay by Ken Grimwood or The Mind Readers (Mind Readers, #1) by Lori Brighton ?

message 36: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 283 comments Thank you

message 37: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1895 comments Debbie G, for you I choose The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1) by Karen White Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) by Sherryl Woods and Bonus: The Sunrise Cove Inn (The Vineyard Sunset #1) by Katie Winters

message 38: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 1007 comments Karen ♐ wrote: "Debbie G, for you I choose The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1) by Karen White Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) by Sherryl Woods and Bonus: The Sunrise Cove Inn (The Vineyard Sunset #1) by Katie Winters"

Thanks for the great picks!

message 39: by Erica (new)

Erica | 990 comments Debbie wrote: "For Erica I chooseBraiding Sweetgrass Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer andWow, No Thank You. by Samantha Irby
and because it has turne..."

Thanks so much - really looking forward to these!

message 40: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 371 comments Lexi wrote: "Diane ~Firefly~,

For you: A Hard Day's Knight (Nightside, #11) by Simon R. GreenGold Fire (Barringer's Pass #2) by Starr Ambrose - I tried for 2 very different genres
Bonus: All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1) by Martha Wells - Tied for my top ..."

Thanks for the great picks Lexi!

message 41: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 371 comments Karen

My picks for you:
Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1) by Beth Ehemann Nine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn

and from your TBR, a fun, short book
Gaming for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #1) by Seleste deLaney

message 42: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1895 comments Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "Karen

My picks for you:
Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1) by Beth EhemannNine Minutes (Nine Minutes, #1) by Beth Flynn

and from your TBR, a fun, short book
Gaming for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #1) by Seleste deLaney"

Thanks!

message 43: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2672 comments Danielle Gypsy Soul for you I pick...

How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #2) by Hailey Edwards and The Boyfriend Mandate (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #2) by River Jaymes

Bonus
Into the Dark (Cincinnati, #5; Romantic Suspense, #23) by Karen Rose because it's on your series I want to read next shelf :-)

message 44: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 2672 comments Theo wrote: "LaurLa, I choose for you Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4) by Trish McCallan (old), The Graveyard Shift (Charley Davidson, #13.5) by Darynda Jones (new), and Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs ..."

Looks awesome! Thanks!

LittleRedRidingHood | 194 comments Hey, VampAmber. I picked for you a bit of everything.

Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown for some thriller kick & The Testament of Loki (Loki #2) by Joanne M. Harris if you are in the mood for mythology. I scrolled for your bonus book through your library haul shelf and found Island of the Sequined Love Nun by Christopher Moore .

Hope you enjoy it.

LittleRedRidingHood | 194 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "LittleRedRidingHood August Dusty Bookshelf
Greetings from Dallas, Texas. I hope you are doing the best you can to stay sane.
For you, I decided on The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson [bookco..."

Thanks, Ezinwanyi. I really need to finish this mistborn trilogy this year.

No worries, I'm chillin' 😎 The panic is over, just avoiding stupid people who don't respect recommendations. How is the situation in Dallas?

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1460 comments Ezi

I pick Common Goal (Game Changers, #4) by Rachel Reid Dragonfly by Leila Meacham

For a Bonus I pick Into Deep Waters by Kaje Harper

message 48: by ☘KathyD☘ (last edited Jul 30, 2020 11:46AM) (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 933 comments hi Kari...for August I choose Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1) by Lani Lynn Vale and Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8) by Renee Rose for you...and for a bonus... Absolution (The Protectors, #1) by Sloane Kennedy
happy reading!

message 49: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 933 comments Erica wrote: "Good morning ☘KathyD☘! For you I pick Flirtasaurus (Natural History Series, #1) by Erin Mallon because it sounds fun and My Dear Hamilton A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray because I love historical..."

thanks Erica! =)

message 50: by Kari (new)

Kari | 323 comments ☘KathyD☘ wrote: "hi Kari...for August I choose Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1) by Lani Lynn Vale and Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8) by Renee Rose for you...and for a bonus...Absolution (The Protectors, #1) by Sloane Kennedy
happy reading!"

Looks great!! Thanks :)

« previous 1