Start by marking “Tribute” as Want to Read:
Tribute

Tribute

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  22,636 ratings  ·  1,113 reviews
The #1 New York Times bestselling author presents her latest blockbuster novel, the story of a big-screen legend, a small-town scandal and a young woman caught up in the secrets and shadows of both.

Cilla McGowan, a former child star, has found a more satisfying life restoring homes. So she comes to Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley to save the dilapidated farmhouse that once be
Published July 8th 2008 by Putnam

To ask other readers questions about Tribute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tribute

·  22,636 ratings  ·  1,113 reviews

Jilly
“I find myself fascinated by a man who admits to enjoying fairy tales and uses the word "impinge"- barely misses a beat while indulging in a brief girl-on-girl fantasy. "

You and me both, sister!
If you are shopping for a new book boyfriend to add in to your giant book boyfriend harem, have I got the man for you!

His name is Ford, but I'll allow it, and he writes and draws graphic novels and has a cool dog that kind of gives me this idea:

Ford lives across the road from Cilla, our heroine, who has
Cyndi
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the world of romance novels there are a vast number of hot men. It's their personalities that differ. Some are overbearing, some are rich, some are sophisticated and a few are the geeky guy next door.
That's where Ford Sawyer hits, and that's the kind that melts my heart. I'm actually fairly easy to please, I just want the guy to not be sexist. Ford isn't.
He's not just the 'book boyfriend' type he's the 'drag this boy down the aisle' type.
Let me explain my newest love; he writes and illus
jenjn79
Apr 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: favorite author
If there'd been an epilogue at the end of the book, I would have given Tribute 4.5 stars probably. Otherwise it was a solid 4-stars. I didn't absolutely and utterly LOVE the book, but I enjoyed it quite a bit (and was rather annoyed that everything seemed to be going wrong this week, keeping me from finishing the book).

Though the book is a romantic suspense, it doesn't have a high-intensity, frenetic feel that you get in other romantic suspense books (such as those by Karen Rose, Beverly Barton,
Jacob Proffitt
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, romance, steamy
This was a typical Roberts romance… until we meet Ford Sawyer. Now, I admit that this is a personal reaction, but I simply fell in love with him at first appearance and that never abated. I mean how can you resist the combination of a really cool job (graphic novel author and artist), southern equanimity and persistence, and basic, masculine competence?

Cilla was interesting enough on her own, too—a former child actor with enough residual resources to build a new career in a new place and have th
Sombra
La dosis justa de romance y misterio hacen de esta novela una de las mejores que he leído de esta autora.

En esta ocasión nos cuenta la historia de Cilla, una joven que proviene de una familia de actrices cuyas vidas no han sido color de rosa, sino todo lo contrario. Su abuela se suicidó con apenas 39 años, su madre nunca se hizo cargo de ella como una madre normal y ha pasado por un sin número de parejas y matrimonios y ella se casó joven para escapar de la vida Hollywoodiense que llevaba.
Decidi
Floripiquita
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
El libro es entretenido. La película, por su parte, bastante mala. No sé porqué pero todas las pelis basadas en los libros de Nora Roberts convierten las historias en naderías de telefilm de sábado por la tarde.
Ann Lou
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cilla McGowan, a has-been actress decided to fix and make some changes with her grandmother's Little Farm in Virginia as a tribute but she found home, instead.  She's smart, beautiful and good with power tools.

Ford Sawyer lives across the road from her.  So many things to love about him.  He is adorable, sweet, a very good man.  He writes and draws graphic novels.  (super cool!)  He creates heroes and super villains. He created a super hero using Cilla as the model.  A charming nerd.  And he t
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jun 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release: July 2008

WOW…just WOW! I just finished Nora Robert's new book "Tribute" and my heart is still racing. I don't know how La Nora does it, but she has written yet another sure-to-be-bestseller that is truly a romantic suspense. The story softly, quietly pulls you in as the hero and heroine become real to you and you begin to feel their excitement, uncertainty, happiness, anxiety, joy, fear, and finally their triumph. It's a stunning emotional rollercoas
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Malisimo.

Quise hacer una lectura conjunta con Violante y nos salió el tiro por la culata.

Imagínense que llegamos al 5 capitulo y ya no daba para más.

El "héroe" (Ford) acosa sexualmente a la protagonista y encima tiene el tupe de hacerse el ofendido (le dice dramática y exagerada) cuando ella le dice que le molesta que la espie SIN su consentimiento.

O sea no, NO ES ROMÁNTICO que un tipo te acose sexualmente, estas actitudes me las espero de un villano pero no del HÉROE.

Ni hablar del misterio,
Christa
Jul 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I am so glad that I read this book! I love so many books, but I honestly can't remember when I have read one that I enjoyed more than Tribute. I found it to be exceptional. It has great writing, wonderful characters, and a good storyline. I found the heroine, Cilla McGowan, to be very likeable, as were several other characters, particularly her father and her ex-husband, but the hero made the book. I have seldom read about a hero that I enjoyed more, and Ford Sawyer has to be the best beta hero ...more
BooksTwins
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó mucho, es un poco más distinto a la tetralogía cuatro bodas porque acá ademas de la historia de amor, tenemos misterios que hacen la trama más entretenida.
Pronto reseña en el blog.
Jonetta
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cilla McGowan is a former child star from a family of performers and she's now working on becoming a building contractor. Her grandmother was a famous actress and singer and her mother is also in the business. Cilla has returned to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia to restore her grandmother's farmhouse, which has been neglected for more than thirty years since her death. Ford Sawyer is a graphic book writer and artist who lives across the street and becomes interested in what she is undertaking ...more
Angela
May 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Every time I go into a Nora Roberts book, I expect to not be very surprised. And this isn't exactly fair of me, because while yes, we're talking romance novels here and the romance genre certainly has a huge list of common tropes, this does not mean Ms. Roberts is necessarily going to use them.

Let me give you an example with Tribute. The instant the heroine's ex-husband showed up, I expected him to be a bastard and/or to get a rivalry going for her affections with the guy she was obviously inter
Bonnie
Aug 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: nora roberts fans; those looking for a beach read
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Surprised myself by giving this only 2 stars, but I was bored through almost the entire book. There was too much home improvement chit chat. I didn't appreciate the dreams with Grandma. And the numerous secondary characters felt undeveloped to the point, I kept trying to remember who was whom.

And then I really surprised myself for guessing who the real "bad guy" was when I could barely remember the character.
Noelia
Reseña completa: http://cazadorasdelromance.com/critic...
Me gustó mucho. Cilla y Ford me encantan, son muy monos. Y como Cilla se integra en la familia de su padre, que es muy agradable. El perro es genial. Y todo con un "enemigo hostil" cerca que hace que Ford tenga que estar ojo avizor porque ella quiere defenderse sola.
Christine Kirchoff
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
It kept me up into the early hours of the morning.Piece by piece I'm pulled into the story and held hostage by her words. Full Review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Mojca
Cilla McGowan, washed-up star, comes to Virginia to restore her famous grandmother's house. But someone doesn't want Cilla around, determined to do anything to drive her out of town. But she's not alone; her hot and quirky neighbor, Ford Sawyer, a comic book author, is close at hand to help...And to keep her in Virginia.

What makes this book (if you saw the TV movie, the book is way better, even though you know who did it) memorable is Ford Sawyer. He deserves five stars all on his own. I love th
Maria
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Nora Roberts novel and although I came in with no expectations whatsoever, I have to say- I was a bit disappointed. I thought that the smut aspect of it would exceed most other books but I was wrong.

To begin with, the story itself wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either. Maybe it’s because I don’t care much for fixing houses but I found myself feeling distant and withdrawn from the main story line. For this reason it didn’t maintain my attention whatsoever and I found myself put
Jennifer Wardrip
Jul 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved TRIBUTE so much that I stayed up late two nights in a row to finish it. Then I was depressed that I had finished it so quickly!

This latest offering from Nora Roberts really does have everything I've come to love in her writing: mystery, romance, great character development, and a truly interesting storyline.

With the added fun additions of flipping houses, hosts of HGTV shows, graphic novelists, actresses and screen legends, and high school English teachers, all branches of career and l
Beth
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Alright, y'all need to give me your favorite Nora Roberts titles. (Well, I have Jess's. And I really, really liked Public Secrets, too.)

Turns out that I really like how Nora Roberts does plot. I like how she does ordinary days - and ordinary people, including the formerly-famous - and then adds a dash of sensational. There's an intensity that is balanced by the warmth of the mundane, and the ugliness is tempered by family and future and hope.

The character stuff is pretty impressive. Here are p
Sonia Cristina
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
3.5 estrelas

Ouvi tantas pessoas comentarem que este livro era mau, que é dos piores de Nora Roberts, que tive algum receio de o ler. Mas, pronto, Nora Roberts é um vício, para o bom e para o mau. Acabei por gostar mais do que esperava, de facto, até achei que foi uma leitura bastante agradável.

Gostei muito de Cilla, só por aí já vale mais de metade da nota, pois muitas protagonistas femininas de NR têm o poder de me irritar sobremaneira. E Ford, ah Ford é o típico noro, adoro-o!
Tiffany PSquared
I enjoyed this book. My only gripe would be - like many of NR's novels - the ending comes fast and furious and then you're left with nearly nothing afterward. Super-fast resolution and then bam! Last page. I think there needs to be an epilogue for each of her stories so that readers don't feel suddenly abandoned by her characters.
De'Siree Fairley
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to De'Siree by: Cyndi
I stopped writing reviews on here, but I read this book because of Cyndi's lovely review of it and I absolutely loved it! It was a slow burn, but so enticing and I hope her other books are like this as well!! Thanks Cyndi!!
Anna Guidi
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Primo libro che leggo di questa autrice e devo dire che mi ha lasciata piacevolmente sorpresa. Mi è piaciuto molto lo stile e la trama intrecciata... Leggerò sicuramente anche gli altri suoi libri!
Deborah
Jul 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
Wow. Nora has done it again. I loved the characters and the story line was well put together. She even gave the dog an awesome personality. I want a Spock. I was really shocked at the end to find out who was behind it and I did not have an inkling. I loved the rehab aspect since I like watching home decorating shows and I could picture the renovations and the feeling of "home" for Cilla. Ford is the perfect guy and the others characters were exactly what Cilla needed to "find" herself.
Dion Ribeiro
Gosto muito de Nora Roberts mas este livro não me convenceu...
Estava quase a meio do livro quando me apercebi que ainda não tinha acontecido nada de relevante e que apesar de se sentir um certo mistério no ar, este não era suficiente para criar aquela ansiedade na leitura que nos leva a devorar um livro. Considero ainda exageradas as descrições relativas ao trabalho de renovação imobiliária e empreiteiros de obras ao longo de todo o livro, o que o torna um pouco aborrecido.

Valerie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Wellll... I’m not into ghosts or dead people reaching out through other people’s dreams 😬 so I really didn’t care for the dreams the heroine had about her dead grandma.

I did, however, love the MCs’ maturity - I can always count on NR to give me good characters that won’t get on my nerves! 😁

The storyline is good and unpredictable enough, but the story drags in the middle. There’s a lot of stuff about house flipping/rehabbing, same as with another book from this author I read not that long ago.

G
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I still can't believe Brittany Murphy is dead. She was lovely.

This movie revolved around a former child star Cilla McGowan who has found more satisfying work restoring old houses. In search of a normal life, Cilla buys her grandmother's farmhouse in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, to rescue it from ruin.

Cilla's hope for serenity is soon eclipsed by haunting dreams of her famous grandmother, who died of a supposed overdose in the house, more than 30 years before. Cilla soon begins a romantic relati
Kelly
Dec 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Whoa, mama! Can Nora Roberts spin a good tale or can Nora Roberts spin a good tale? The twists and turns, the whys, the bridge between the past and the present... they were so expertly interwoven that I couldn't tear myself away.

Cilla and Ford were so wonderfully alive in this book. Cilla's passion for restoring and creating and rebuilding was vivid and lively. Ford's ability to debate like a hardcore fanboy and *see* things with an artist's eye made me swoon. I think the fangirl in me was cryin
Linda Howard Book...: * December '18 Non-LH but Similar BOTM - Tribute 3 8 Dec 03, 2018 04:39AM
Why does Nora Roberts allow her books to be turned into movies? 4 25 Dec 05, 2016 07:16AM
Nora Roberts Grou...: Tribute - December 2015 Book of the Month (Spoiler Zone) 19 58 Feb 27, 2016 03:32AM
Tribute 14 83 Jan 09, 2015 08:31PM
  • Origin in Death (In Death, #21)
  • All Night Long
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
“I guess money can't buy happiness if you shop in the wrong places.” 95 likes
“I find myself fascinated by a man who admits to enjoying fairy tales and uses the word "impinge"- barely misses a beat while indulging in a brief girl-on-girl fantasy. You're a man of layers, Ford."
Me and Shrek, we're onions.”
64 likes