This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

If I were different, I'd hate this

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (last edited Aug 22, 2009 05:34AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments The other day I was eating lunch at my desk while working so I had this bowl of pasta set off to the side of me. The President of the company came over to discuss something with me and as he was leaving, picked out a piece of rigatoni and popped it in his mouth, then said "thanks."
((!?!?!))

The weirdest part is that it didn't actually bother me even though I'm aware it should. Some other things that I should probably hate but don't:

touchy feely people
close talkers
mouth kissers
personal questions
bailers (as in "cancel plans", not remove water from a sinking boat)

message 2: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments There's this obliviot at church who always puts his hand on my arm when he talks to me. He's the only person in the world (that I don't know really well) that touches me. Everyone else can tell by looking at me, that I won't appreciate it. How can I glower any more than I already am? I just don't know. So, if Bunny has the bailers covered, I'll hate the touchy feely people for you, Gretchen.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) "mouth kissers"??

message 4: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments some people hug hello, some kiss hello on the cheek, others kiss hello on the mouth. mouth-kissers.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Rusty wrote: "There's this obliviot at church who always puts his hand on my arm when he talks to me. He's the only person in the world (that I don't know really well) that touches me. Everyone else can tell b..."

Rusty if I ever see you I'm going to give you a GREAT BIG HUG!!

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) Ah, Seinfeld. That's what I would've guessed. Just making sure.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, what does mouth kissers mean? Like my relatives who kiss me on the mouth when I haven't seen them since 1992? I don't mind them, either. Is that what you mean?

message 8: by Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (last edited Aug 22, 2009 10:17AM) (new)

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) It would've more accurately been called "Mouth-Kiss-Hello-ers." People that indiscriminately greet people with mouth kisses. I've never heard of a person doing this in real life. Even in that Seinfeld episode I'm pretty sure she only kisses his cheek.

message 9: by Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (last edited Aug 22, 2009 10:21AM) (new)

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) I actually was given a mouth kiss goodbye from a platonic friend the other day. It was nice. Though a little puzzling...

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (joshuanomenmutatio) MyFleshSingsOut wrote: "It would've more accurately been called "Mouth-Kiss-Hello-ers." People that indiscriminately greet people with mouth kisses. I've never heard of a person doing this in real life. Even in that Se..."

Or maybe not indiscriminately, but like, kiss-greet people that they don't know all that well, or people who clearly find it uncomfortable...I don't know.

message 11: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Rusty if I ever see you I'm going to give you a GREAT BIG HUG!!

Okay, just keep in mind that I'm a mouth-kisser. And disregard the white sores on my lips.

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) I hate "greasy cheek".
the people who hug you and simultaneously press their cheek against your cheek and air kiss.

I also hate close talkers. I need a couple feet between me and them. arms length is my absolute minimum.

Also really hate the coffee - slash - ciggy breath. This tends to be a problem of most close talkers. Gack!

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Sarah, my relatives are mouth-kissers too. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother us? I have friends who do it too and that never bothers me either. Though Rusty brings up a gooooooooooood point. Maybe I should be a bit more discriminating about who I let kiss me on the mouth.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

If I were different, I would hate when my car got scratched or dented. I would really hate when I had that little rear bumper incident and made a big bulge in the side of my car. I would hate how my beautiful Raspberry paint job was getting ruined by the elements. I would want to keep the interior vacuumed and Armor-Alled.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

message 15: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments So today I was sitting in church. Some guy is praying. My daughter chooses that moment of almost complete silence to belch. And it wasn't a cute, petite baby belch; it was a man belch. As an adult, I should hate that, or be embarrassed by it. But I thought of it as hilarious and impressive.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

What did your daughter think?!

message 17: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Was this during the service or before or after?

message 18: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Rusty wrote: "... And it wasn't a cute, petite baby belch; it was a man belch. As an adult, I should hate that, or be embarrassed by it."

Eeee... you know what? I still think a proper, full-on man belch coming from a 2yo is cute.

message 19: by Harry (new)

Harry  (Harry_Harry) I hate close talkers, but I hate quiet talkers even more. Those people who talk so quietly that I need to become a close talker to hear what the hell they are saying...I hate that!

I'm aware of the mouth kisser and have become extremely adept in the last second turn and give the cheek move.

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 28, 2009 01:51PM) (new)

I hate when someone says something too quietly and then you say you couldn't hear and he says it again in the exact same volume.

message 21: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I'm a LOUD talker but sometimes I walk around mumbling. If someone doesn't hear me the first time, I repeat it. After that I'll either shout it at them like they're stupid and deaf, or I'll just say "never mind".

...wait, this should go in the 101+ reasons to hate me.

message 22: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Yes it definitely should.

message 23: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I like punctuation. I overuse commas. So I should really hate reading anything by Cormac McCarthy, but I don't.

message 24: by smetchie (last edited Aug 30, 2009 08:57AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Gretchen wrote: "Some other things that I should probably hate but don't:

touchy feely people
close talkers
mouth kissers
personal questions
bailers (as in "cancel plans", not remove water from a sinking boat) "

I fucking take it back! I usually don't mind when my friends bail on plans but my babysitter called me to cancel last night, 30 minutes before she was supposed to be there. I WAS PISSED! Her reason: she was feeling depressed. Are you kidding me? That is a fuck-all reason to cancel. At least make something up. I'm not so much mad at her as her mother! (The babysitter is only 13.) If that was my kid I'd be like "That sucks you feel depressed, honey. I'm so sorry about that. Now go feel depressed at your babysitting job." But guess what? Her mom is one of those people who misses tons of work all the time because she's "sick". It makes me so fucking mad to see a crappy work ethic being passed on. You know how many people need money and jobs out there? Oh, wait! THEY'RE THEM! THEY'RE THE PEOPLE WHO NEED MONEY AND JOBS. My babysitter, her sister, and her mom just moved into their grandma's 2-bedroom apartment because her mom and step-dad are getting divorced and they can't afford their own place. Why? Because her mom's job is waiting tables. The job market doesn't even suck that bad around here! Why can't she get a better job, then? She needs to have a job with flexible hours because of her kids. JESUS GOD I HATE PEOPLE!!!!! Ok, yes. It's nice to have a job with flexible hours when you have kids. But you have to get your fucking priorities straight. Work full-time for a while to get back on your feet you stupid lazy bitch!
Wow, I waited until today to post this so I could be more objective but I'm still really really mad.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

What did you miss out on?

message 26: by smetchie (last edited Aug 30, 2009 09:28AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Nothing really. Just dinner and a movie. I didn't even NEED a babysitter. She begged me to let her babysit because she needs money for school clothes. (sad!) She txt me on Wednesday to make sure we were still on because she really needed money. She txt me yesterday afternoon to say she'd be over at 5:30. Then she called at 5 to cancel because she was crying all day. I said "if you get out of the house you'll probably feel better." NOOO. She just wanted to go to bed. I think I'm not so pissed that I didn't get to got out. I think I'm so pissed because her mom fucking sucks.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember when I coached middle school softball and the girls' moms would sometimes "excuse" them from practice or (gasp) a game because of something lame and it pissed me off because I felt like the parents were setting up their kid to be apathetic towards commitments. There's no way in hell my dad would have let me quit a team or skip a single practice.

message 28: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Right! I mean if you're really sick, there's nothing you can do about it. And I know depression is an illness. But I'm not buying it as an excuse to bail on responsibilities. Go to your job, then go to counselling, or go take your meds or whatever. I get so irritated when people don't take responsiblity for themselves and their children. Especially since I KNOW that these particular people need money.