Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Bachelor Challenge Archive > The Bachelor Team Challenge - My One And Only (10)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 292 (292 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Feb 02, 2019 10:58AM) (new)

MountainKat | 21439 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹
🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Team 10 Members:

✓ Captain - Louise

April
Himanshi
Lauren loves llamas
Michaele
Slytherpuff

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Information required when posting your completion/s:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Although you will not need to make selection posts like in the PtP, your teammates might like ideas for what to read so sharing what you're reading could be very helpful. If you have any question if your book qualifies, it would be better to find out before you read it - ask your teammates or in the Q&A/Announcement thread.

Books must be 90 pages and MPG (Main Page Genre) Romance. Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance or similar is acceptable, but it must be romance. Audiobooks and rereads are ok. Books can only be read once per person during the challenge even if it fits multiple categories. The same book can be read by teammates though. Once the task for the date is announced, you may not tag a book so that it fits or edit any lists - this must be done before the date begins.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

The dates will begin on Saturdays at 6 PM EST, at that time the task for each date will be announced. Books must be completed and posted by the following Friday at Midnight EST, except when 'Visiting the Family' when you will have until the second Friday. Roses will be awarded before the next date begins. Each date we will be working towards spelling out B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R. The potential tasks for each letter will be posted in advance, but you will not know which task will be used until the date begins.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

Teams will not be eliminated even if they earn no roses, they will have a chance to catch up by earning additional roses on other dates. Players will be eliminated if they do not complete the task on two consecutive dates. Eliminated players will not be replaced. Remember, players are allowed to read multiple books for a given date in order to earn bonuses and/or to make up for teammates who do not read their book or who have been eliminated.

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Captains, please reserve a few spaces for tracking.

Introduce yourselves to your teammates. Let then know where you are from, what your interests are in life and in books! Consider friending each other, that makes it easier to follow the goings on.

Your first task as a team is to come up with a team name. The theme if 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that. Captains, please PM me your team name when you have decided.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21439 comments I will be tracking each team's completions and using the captains' tracking to confirm before awarding roses at the end of each date.

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21439 comments Please allow your captain to reserve some tracking posts before commenting.

message 7: by Louise (last edited Dec 23, 2018 12:40PM) (new)

Louise | 809 comments Weekly Themes
B - Is for Bank
A - Is for Another

message 10: by Louise (last edited Feb 01, 2019 02:13PM) (new)

message 11: by Louise (last edited Feb 08, 2019 02:49PM) (new)

Louise | 809 comments Completions 7 - 8
O is for October
• Louise
Best of Both Worlds 2/8 Completion Post

• Himanshi
Fantastical 2/8 Completion Post

• Lauren
Gladiator 2/6 Completion Post

• Michaele
The Weight of It All 2/3 Completion Post
Crazy For You 2/6 Completion
First 2/7 Completion Post

message 12: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments Reserved

message 13: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments Hi Everyone, excited for this challenge to start. I'm Louise from A currently Wet and Windy Wales where I live with my OH and my 2yr old dog. I am completely Challenge addicted rolling from one team challenge to another. I'm a very eclectic reader and will try any book, when it comes to romance I favour Paranormal, contemplate and historical but will read others to fit a task.

I have sent everyone a friend request, Slytherpuff can you send me a friend request please.
Themes are announced at 6pm EST which is my 11pm on Saturdays and need to be finished by Midnight on a Friday, 5am for me. Please let us know what your first book of the week will be by Sunday evening. If you need help finding a book let us know.

Team name suggestions:
My True Love
My One and Only
You Complete Me

message 14: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 100 comments Hello I’m Slytherpuff. I’m a senior in high school. I am addicted to Goodreads but am not comfortable with friending people I don’t know. I will read almost any type of books except that I generally don’t read nonfiction

message 15: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4341 comments Hi, I'm Michaele (pronounced like Michael). I live in the US - Utah more specifically.

I mostly listen to audiobooks since I can listen to them while I work - which also means I go through several books a week. I prefer contemporary romance and lately mostly m/m.

I haven't participated in a challenge like this before - so I may need some direction :), but I read a ton so I may be able to help out if someone has to miss a week or something.

message 16: by Himanshi (new)

Himanshi (annie_0175) | 187 comments Hey! I'm Himanshi from a small town in India. My favorite genres are paranormal and contemporary romance. And I really think My One and Only would be a cool name for our team.

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren loves llamas (laureninca) | 157 comments Hi! I'm Lauren and I'm also from the US. I'm in California and currently enjoying some sunny weather after a lot of rain the past few weeks! I read pretty much anything!

I also like My One and Only!

message 18: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments Hi everyone, just waiting for April to check in. Are we good with

My One And Only as our team name?

message 19: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 100 comments I like that name

message 20: by April (new)

April (aprillivings) | 56 comments Hey! I’m April and I’m from Kansas City. The one in Missouri, not Kansas. I read most romances but don’t gravitate towards paranormal unless it’s by an author I’ve read previously who writes some other genre.

This is my first challenge and I’m not really that great getting around Goodreads honestly. So I might be asking for links a lot. I’m sorry about that.

My one and only sounds like a great name.

message 21: by April (new)

April (aprillivings) | 56 comments Sorry... I meant to say a great name. I’m tired and can’t type apparently.

message 22: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4341 comments I'm happy with the name too!

message 23: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 100 comments Do you mind if I make a planning post in this thread for all options?

message 24: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments Now that we are all here time to get those thinking caps on. First call will be on Saturday and will be one of the following:

•B is for Bargain - Read a book you received free, borrowed, or was under $3 USD or the equivalent.

•B is for Brave - Read a book tagged with words that indicate a survivor, hero, military, law enforcement or firefighter.

•B is for Bank - Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.

•B is for Book - Read any romance book.

Minimum Page Count is 90 and Romance needs to be on the Main Page. Every team Member needs to contribute at least one book that fits the theme each week.

Depending on the theme called I can cover a minimum of two but up to 5 if Bargain or Book are called this week as most of my books are freebies.

message 25: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments Slytherpuff wrote: "Do you mind if I make a planning post in this thread for all options?"

Go ahead

message 26: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 100 comments If its book I have several options and for bargain I may have several options. My parents have bought me a bunch. I also have to check whether using a gift card counts.

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren loves llamas (laureninca) | 157 comments My planning post for the "B" books:

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4341 comments Question- for the Brave category - does the book have to have one of the terms under the genre on the main page or is it enough that the book description mentions one of the characters in a fire fighter or police officer, etc?

message 29: by April (new)

April (aprillivings) | 56 comments I JUST got done reading a trilogy that had a firefighter, police officer and EMT as the heroes of the books. Dang it. If anyone wants to read them, they’re the Blue Collar Brothers by Piper Rayne.
I assume we’re supposed to read new to us books and not rereads???

message 30: by Michaele (last edited Dec 11, 2018 02:50PM) (new)

Michaele | 4341 comments The rules say re-reads are ok.

message 31: by April (new)

April (aprillivings) | 56 comments Thanks!

message 32: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments Michaele wrote: "Question- for the Brave category - does the book have to have one of the terms under the genre on the main page or is it enough that the book description mentions one of the characters in a fire fi..."

As long as it's clear from the book description that's fine

message 33: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21439 comments You are all together and ready to go! And looking super organized too!

message 34: by Himanshi (new)

Himanshi (annie_0175) | 187 comments Kristen Ashley's Mystery Man, Wild Man, Law Man, Rock Chick Rescue, Rock Chick Redemption, Running Into Love by Aurora Rose Reynolds, Lover Undercover by Samantha Beck, Sex, Lies and Online Dating by Rachel Gibson are some books that could be read for Brave category. Though I'm more leaning towards Harper Sloan's Axel. Oh and I'm also currently reading Elizabeth's Wolf by Lora Leigh, its male lead is an ex military; just in case if anyone wanna read!

message 35: by Slytherpuff (last edited Dec 14, 2018 10:47AM) (new)

Slytherpuff | 100 comments Planning post

B is for Bargain - Read a book you received free, borrowed, or was under $3 USD or the equivalent. ,
B is for Brave - Read a book tagged with words that indicate a survivor, hero, military, law enforcement or firefighter.
B is for Bank - Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.
B is for Book - Read any romance book. Seventeenth Summer (Bargain books work for this task)

A is for Alpha - Read a book tagged as alpha or described in précis.
A is for Alphabet - Read a book with 10 or more different letters in the title. (Bargain books work)
A is for Another - Read a book in a series longer than a trilogy (at least 4 books).
A is for Animal - Read a book with an animal on cover, about shifters or tagged with animal or pet.

C is for Color - Read a book with at least 4 colors on cover.
C is for Classroom - Read a book with a student, teacher or school. Can be tagged or in précis.
C is for Current - Read a book published in 2018.
C is for Cold - Read a book set in winter.

H is for Holiday - Read a holiday book, can be in title, précis, or tagged.
H is for Humor - Read a funny book, tagged to describe that.
H is for Haunting - Read a book labeled as PNR.
H is for Hug - Read a book with a hug on the cover.

E is for Encouraged - Read a book recommended to you in a challenge, by a friend, or a GR recommendation.
E is for Exciting - Read a book a book tagged as romantic suspense, suspense or mystery.
E is for Enjoyed - Read a book with an average rating of 4.0 or higher.
E is for Edition - Read a book with at least 5 editions listed on GR.

L is for Laird - Read a historical romance, a book set in Scotland, or a book tagged with royalty, nobility or laird.
L is for Lawn - Read a book with an outdoor scene on the cover.
L is for Labor - Read a book with a blue collar worker, either included in the précis or tagged with blue collar.
L is for League - Read a sports romance, evident in either the précis or tagged.

O is for October - Read a book that has any edition published in October.
O is for Ocean - Read a book with water on the cover.
O is for Office - Read a book where a MC works in office or an office place romance, evident in précis or tagged as such.
O is for One - Read a stand alone book, one not in a series.

R is for Red - Read a book with a mostly red cover, more than 50%.
R is for Radio/Recite - Read a book with a MC who is an actor, singer or performer.
R is for Ranch - Read a book tagged as western or cowboy.
R is for Remedy - Read a book tagged with doctor, medical, illness or injury.

message 36: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21439 comments Slytherpuff - you need to remember the books must be MPG romance - only of the ones you have listed doesn't qualify.

message 37: by April (new)

April (aprillivings) | 56 comments I’m sorry. What’s an MPG romance?

message 38: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21439 comments April wrote: "I’m sorry. What’s an MPG romance?"

From the Q&A:
Q: What does MPG mean?
A: Main Page Genre

On the main page of the book on the right hand side there is a section that says "Genres". Anything listed under that section is counted as an MPG.

message 39: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments Not long to go ladies. 😊

message 40: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 100 comments MountainKat wrote: "Slytherpuff - you need to remember the books must be MPG romance - only of the ones you have listed doesn't qualify."

That's weird. I saw that they had the MPG earlier. Guess they changed

message 41: by Michaele (last edited Feb 07, 2019 08:15PM) (new)

Michaele | 4341 comments My planning thread. I have several options for Brave, but not having as much luck with Bank.

(view spoiler)

message 42: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments We're nearly ready to go. A couple of reminders:
• Books can't be started until the theme is announced
• Minimum page count is 90
• Books must have Romance on MPG either as a standalone or embedded (e.g: contemporary, Paranormal, M/M, historical...)

I will try and stay up to post the theme when it's announced. If your not sure if a book fits post here and we can check, if you need some recommendations for the theme do ask.

message 43: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 100 comments Louise wrote: "We're nearly ready to go. A couple of reminders:
• Books must have Romance on MPG either as a standalone or embed..."

If you're not still up, I can post the theme as I'm on EST. Hope that helps

message 44: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4341 comments Louise wrote: "We're nearly ready to go. A couple of reminders:
• Books must have Romance on MPG either as a standalone or embed..."

What if the page count varies between editions? Is 90 in one edition and 89 in another?

message 45: by Lauren (new)

Lauren loves llamas (laureninca) | 157 comments If it's the same as other challenges, as long as one edition is 90 pages it's fine, even if that's not the edition you're reading.

message 46: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4341 comments Lauren wrote: "If it's the same as other challenges, as long as one edition is 90 pages it's fine, even if that's not the edition you're reading."

Thanks! :)

message 47: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 100 comments It is B for bank

message 48: by Louise (new)

Louise | 809 comments B

B is for Bank

Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.

You have until Friday, December 21 @ Midnight to post completions

message 49: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 4341 comments Good luck!!

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren loves llamas (laureninca) | 157 comments Hmm, my library hold just came in for The Season to Sin so I think I'm going to go with that one! Good luck, everyone! If you're having trouble finding a book, I'd be happy to rec something!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6