Start by marking “Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1)” as Want to Read:
Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1)

Facing West

(Forever Wilde #1)

The first book in a new series by Lucy Lennox!

Nico:

I left my family and tiny Texas hometown fifteen years ago to escape small-town gossips and to give my mom and sister the chance at a better life. But when a phone call from an attorney back home informs me that my sister passed away, leaving me custody of her newborn baby, I’m shocked out of the steady life I’ve built
Published August 20th 2017 (first published August 19th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Facing West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Facing West

Start your review of Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
STOP THE PRESSES.

I. Liked. This. Book.

Which, seriously, is like WHOA, baby.

Because I did not have good things to say about Lennox's Made Marian series.

But Facing West was really cute. And sexy.

Also, sexy.

Did I mention SEXY?

I even liked the baby, and I'm not usually one for kids in books.

The pervy old ladies in the Made Marian series were grossly inappropriate. But the grandpas in this book were just funny; yes, they threw out TMI about their sex life, but they didn't cross the sexual hara
☆ Todd
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

Loved Nico. Loved West. Loved Grandpa, Doc and the entire Wilde family.

But this 328 pager felt *way* longer than it needed to be. By like 100 pages.

One of my favorite things about stories like this, where someone overcomes great adversity and builds a new life all their own (like Nico did after running away from home at age 15), are the *details* of the challenges they faced along the way and how they ended up thriving.

In this story, we got only a few paragraphs, instead of many actual details,
Gigi
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lucy Lennox, the author that gave us the Marian brothers, has a new set of brothers for us! This is the Wilde family and the first book focuses on hot doctor Weston Wilde.

If you've read the books in the Made Marian series, you know that they are all basically the same book with different character names and different professions. Not to take anything away with how soothing that can be for a reader that knows and gets EXACTLY what they want. I do recommend this book. West and Nico are great toge
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

What I like about Lennox and in extension, narrator Michael Pauley, is their ability to bring the fun and funny interspersed with over the top lust and horniness but then really grounding it in some angsty feels and always with some great familial love and dynamics. I had thoroughly enjoyed myself with Borrowing Blue and Taming Teddy from the Made Marian series but for me it had gradually veered from its expected formula which I’ve said is not necessarily a bad thing…. however, I felt t
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio - 5 stars
Story - 3.75 stars

Finally!! Finally!! A Lucy Lennox series I can see myself enjoying. I'm so excited!!!

I don't know if I'm being oversensitive, but the only thing stopping this book from being 5 stars for me was the way the situation with Pippa was handled. The back and forth on what should be done with her made no sense to me. I could understand Nico's hesitation, but why the heck West didn't want her from the get go was kind of cold. He claimed to love her and was going to miss
Shile

I loved this book a lot.

Well! Well! That was hot, a little heartbreaking and sweet. I laughed, I was sad at times, I swooned and awwwwwed at baby Pippa.

There is something about Lucy Lennox’s books that just sucks me in, I guess maybe it’s the way she writes about family.

I loved Michael Pauley’s narration too. These two are a match made in book heaven.

West- I loved him, he came from a supporting big family, and I enjoyed their interactions. He was supportive, patient and loving. I loved
Susan
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, hurt-comfort
I did not like this. I severely dislike angry people in my books (and in RL). And boy, were these guy angry (without good reason).

I immediately started to dislike this book when West acted like a complete ass to Nico simply because Nico left town when he was 15. As if a 15 year old boy just leaves his family because he feels like it. West remained angry about this throughout the book while also developing feelings for Nico. I hate that. I mean, talk things out before you fall in love! Not fall i
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Following the authors style it's insta-love/lust, crazy family, and hot sex. Though instead of OTT pervy Granny's we get sweet, slightly subdued OTT pervy Grandpa's? Definitely an improvement.

Slight niggle.... when the MC's first meet back up West takes one look at Nico's tattoos and piercings and makes snap judgements and assumptions about him because of them. He was hurt, angry and grieving but he has a tendency to lash out and say some pretty mean shit. They were sweet together though once t
Lorraine Lesar
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This was my first foray into the LennoxWorld and maybe I choose the wrong one to start with because I was left disappointed. As soon as I started to page-flip I knew I was in trouble. From the blurb I was expecting some flumadidolery and some snuggery. What I got was a flumpery of characters that felt more like facing North than West and that just left me cold. So snuggles was definitely not on the cards.
A meh 3* from me.
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

This was sweet with just a bit of angst thrown in. I really liked both characters and was happy the way their relationship developed.

Doc and Grandpa were pretty awesome and I thought how they interacted with each other was super sweet and cute. I loved their inappropriateness just as much as I did the older ladies in her other series. Though the men a bit more tamer than the ladies were.

West was a bit judgy of Nico in the beginning which threw me off of him a bit. I thought with the big
Barbara➰
After leaving home at 15 for the sake of his mother and sister, Nico has been lonely. He has friends and his own tattoo shop but something is missing. He's built walls around his heart. When he receives a call he never expected, he returns home to find he has custody of his sister's daughter. Her best friend, Dr. West Wilde, is having no part of it. He thinks Nico is a multi-colored hair, tattooed no good punk who left his family. Boy is he in for a surprise.

Well this was a nice little surprise.
Christelle
**2.5 stars**
Nothing wrong in overall. It just didn’t work for me. It started well but then my interest started to fade.

First, I couldn’t get a read on the MCs. That’s all on me, it happens sometimes and it sure did here. And when I arrived at the first sex scene, I didn’t find it hot (the “caveman” attitude felt so out of place at this stage for me it ruined it).

Then there were too many little twists in the story for my tastes, so many that I focused more on the inconsistencies than on the st
Erth
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book one if Lucy’s new series about the Wilde family. Let’s just say that I have no doubt they will be wild, wacky and fun to get to know. We first met Nico, Griffin Marion’s best friend, in the Made Marion series.

At the beginning of this book, Nico’s life is upended and he’s forced to return to the small town he left when he learns of the death of his sister and that he is listed as her baby’s legal guardian. When he returns to town he meets up with West Wilde, a small town boy, turned
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I decided to go back through some of LLs back-log.

I liked this one.

I liked West, I liked Nico.

The baby didn't bother me.

There was good angst, not the annoying angst.

Good connection between the MCs, good steam.

Overall a solid read.
Meags
4 Stars

As a spin-off from the wonderfully fun and romantic Made Marian series, Facing West was a great start to Lucy Lennox's new Forever Wilde series, featuring another big, boisterous, and loving family, trading the old (never-endingly annoying) grannies for some sweet as pie grandpas.

What I love most is how reliable Lennox is as a storyteller. When I pick up one of her books I’m fairly confident in what I’m going to get.

There will undoubtedly be some passion and romance, with sizzling chemi
DW
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forever-wilde-mm
I am so happy to finally have Nico’s story. I wasn’t really sure how I felt about him but as it turns out, I really like him.

As for him and West together? It took some time to adjust. As much as I like the two, I had a hard time seeing them together as a couple. No worries though, turned out great!!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
The Made Marian Series totally does it for me. There is just something about this formula that I need every now and then. So, I will not even try to hide for one single second how happy I am that there is a new series that is a spin-off of the Marian Family and is just like them.

HELLO WILDE’S!

I enjoyed this quite a bit. Like its predecessor, it is easy, fun and sexy as Hell. Throw in there a little angst, drama and a frightening past and the book couldn't do any wrong.

West was a judgmental prick
Cadiva
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great intro to Lucy's new series

This book is comforting and familiar, like a warm snuggly blanket in front of a roaring fire. It has all the elements I'd expect to find in a Lucy Lennox romance and it just made me go awww a lot while reading it.

I like the idea of another giant family where it's not a big deal to be LGBTQ+ and there's acres of support in a loving household filled with people who pass no judgement.

Doc and Grandpa were ace, as was the rest of West's family and I loved tha
CaRo
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
The story itself would be a four star book but some parts were just too long for my taste ;)
DarienMoya
FACING SOME A-HOLES

Another unexpected surprise by a new to me author. I have read Lucy Lennox combined with Sloane Kennedy but this is my first time reading one of her own works and it was surprisingly good. Like colour me surprised, the lady can really carry a story.

Nico left his backwoods small town to escape their narrow minds and also in hopes of providing a better life for his sister and mom. Who needs a queer screw up around messing up their lives. He left without ever looking back and ne
Lyndy Ann ♫
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4 Surprised ME stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

I tried reading Lucy Lennox last year Borrowing Blue the first in the Made Marian series, but I did not enjoy it at all, this month I saw on my gr feed a book from this series that caught my attention and with my OCD I have to start from the beginning so I started reading Facing West.

I started reading this not knowing what to expect and I was happily surprised to be hooked in by Nico and West. At first I thought West was a jerk with his opinion on Nico of how he aba
Chris
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.5 stars for this book ... I enjoyed many elements of this story but I often found Nico & West damn annoying and frustrating ! I really wanted to shake Nico and tell him to get his head out of his ass - there were just subtle behaviors that didn't work for me. West was the "hero" type character that was pretty selfless and loyal however I wished he did something rad like fix that dick Curt right up !!! I did enjoy Griff's cameo and I can see where Wests family will be the next Marians. I'll cer ...more
Eugenia
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-romance
DNF. I'm giving this two stars for the 50% that I read of it.

If you're really into babies, well, go for it. If you're really into bitter, angsty, tattooed men distrusting everyone around them, go for it. If you're into Dr. Hunky saves the day, go for it. I couldn't bring myself to care enough for the characters, storyline, setting (small town Texas) to continue on. The writing, too, felt uninspired. I was looking to a fun, comfort read--this wasn't it.

I was a big fan of the Made Marian series an
Len Evans Jr
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At the moment I will just say that Ms. Lennox has once again done it. A perfectly crafted story from finish to end, she made me cry, she made me laugh, she made me wish I was Nico or West and in this book!
Denise H.
Reread March 21, 2020 Yup, I still love it !
We get a glimpse into Nico's west coast life, before he hears the tragic news.
Here we have Dr. West/Weston, a big blonde hunk,

and Nico, a purple and blue haired, tattooed, pierced guy who left his hometown many years ago. Nico's sister has died and left him guardian for her newborn old daughter, Pippa.

Nico left because the town persecuted him, and especially a few mean guys, who are still there. The town can't figure out why she left her child to
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
DNF at 56%. This just wasn’t working for me on any level. I didn’t understand how everyone looked at Nico as though he abandoned his sister. I didn’t like how one minute he supposedly hated his sister, but the next he left to make her life better? That just didn’t make any sense to me. Add in the very inappropriate conversation with the grandpas, and I just had to quit.
BWT (Belen)

Nico Salerno left his small Texas hometown when he was only fifteen in order to give his mom and older sister a chance at a better life when he realizes his mother's homophobic boyfriend is never going to propose with him in the picture.

Weston Wilde has had an easy life filled with close family, acceptance, and a lot of luck and hard work, but when his best friend dies and her brother shows up to take custody of her baby he's a lot less interested in finding out why Nico left or where he's been
Briana
Good start to a new series and new crazy family.
I was hoping Nico would get a story after reading Grounding Griffin. I love Nico, so I'm glad to see that West ended up being the right man for him.

I'm going to say a lot of negative stuff now in the spoiler, but trust me, I really do like this story. I must rant, bottling it up isn't good for me.

Feel free to skip it.
(view spoiler)
Debra

So I finally tried a Lucy Lennox book and overall, after a tough start, I enjoyed it.

It took me almost half the book to warm up to Dr Weston Wilde as you could tell from my ranty GR updates. For a family doctor, he was incredibly judgmental of a teenager who ran from home at 15 years old and never looked back. I don’t think it even occurred to him to wonder why until about 40% into the story.

Nico was another story. Thrown into a situation he never expected, judged by most of the peopl
Ariana
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-hot-hot, ku, lgbtq
I read book 2 first and adored it. It also sparked my interest into the crazy Wilde family, so I had no choice *g* but to go for book 1 retrospectively.

I loved 'prickly' Nico and sweet, dependable West a lot and thoroughly enjoyed their story. And let me tell you that there was plenty of heat, too!

However, there are some things that I couldn't totally buy.
(view spoiler)
Poverty 1 1 Apr 04, 2019 02:04PM

• Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Locked In Silence (Pelican Bay, #1)
  • Salvation (The Protectors, #2)
  • Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Absolution (The Protectors, #1)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Forsaken (The Protectors, #4)
  • Off Plan (Whispering Key, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Retribution (The Protectors, #3)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Forever Wilde (7 books)
  • Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)
  • Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)
  • Hudson's Luck (Forever Wilde #4)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)