Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
This topic is about Wait for You
Previous BRs - Authors; I - L > Lynn, J. --Wait For You informal buddy read starts July 18, 2018

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 28, 2018 06:13PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Wait for You by J. Lynn.

Synopsis
Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 28, 2018 06:12PM) (new)

~ Buddy Style Reads ~
    Three Ways to Enjoy a Book!
At NRBC we use three styles of buddy reads. These will be indicated in the thread title as “Buddy Read”, “Relaxed Buddy Read” or “Informal Buddy Read”.
A “Buddy Read” has a discussion leader and a reading date is set to start the book. A reading schedule is posted prior to the start date and discussion questions are posted each day regarding that section of the book. More information about these types of reads is below. An example is here, showing a reading schedule here.

A “Relaxed Buddy Read” is similar to our usual “buddy reads” except there are less questions and break points. For example, a book may be split into three sections and those reading the book should pause at the end of the section to answer some discussion questions, make comments, or ask their own questions to other readers. An example is here.

An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

A “Read and Watch Buddy Read” may be set up as any of the above, but we will also watch the movie or T.V. series - or even go to a play! - and make comparisons, discussing what has been left out or changed as well as the actors and actresses. There is a long debate of what one should do first: read the books or watch the movie? We usually read first, but it isn’t essential. Also, if you would like to join in, but don’t want to watch the movie, show, or play, but only read the books, that is fine, too. An example is here.

MORE UNDER SPOILER
(view spoiler)

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 4: by Karishma (last edited Jun 28, 2018 11:51PM) (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) Checking in!

Team Tonks

message 5: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 553 comments Checking in for Team Ginny Weasley! :)

message 6: by Snowtulip (last edited Jul 14, 2018 11:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Snowtulip | 4553 comments I''m going to join in for this one :D

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments I'll join this one! Team Bellatrix.

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments It's the official start date! I should be able to start this one this evening (it's currently morning where I am).

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Ch 1-2

So, I’m not sure that I like (view spoiler)

message 10: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan Shipman (morganshipman) | 553 comments I have to check it out again. Got busy with other BR’s and challenges. Hope it’s still available via ebook.

Snowtulip | 4553 comments I have this one on audio, my plan is to finish my current audio and fingers crossed start this one tomorrow night :D

Kaley, that spoiler makes me want to click it! What a lead in :)

SandyL | 4455 comments Team Newt Scamander here - I'm just getting started

SandyL | 4455 comments Kaley wrote: "Ch 1-2

So, I’m not sure that I like [spoilers removed]"

I only remember him (view spoiler)

So I'm really wondering what happened (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Snowtulip wrote: "I have this one on audio, my plan is to finish my current audio and fingers crossed start this one tomorrow night :D

Kaley, that spoiler makes me want to click it! What a lead in :)"

If it makes you feel better.... what's behind the spoiler tag is not super interesting. :-P

message 15: by Kaley (last edited Jul 19, 2018 07:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments SandyL wrote: "Kaley wrote: "Ch 1-2

I only remember him [spoilers removed]

So I'm really wondering what happened [spoilers removed]"

Really? I feel like I can recall (view spoiler)

I am also wondering about (view spoiler)

ETA: Or, I could have been thinking (view spoiler)

SandyL | 4455 comments It may have been more, Kaley. I didn't notice it at first, other than the (view spoiler)

I'm into Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments SandyL wrote: "It may have been more, Kaley. I didn't notice it at first, other than the [spoilers removed]"

I'm assuming it won't bug me as much as the story goes on (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Through Ch. 11

Well, now I don't so much mind (view spoiler)

It's driving me bonkers not knowing (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Through Ch. 12

I meant to bring this up before, but forgot till it was brought up again in Ch. 12. I want to know what the heck (view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4553 comments SandyL wrote: "Kaley wrote: "Ch 1-2

I'm so curious with Avery (view spoiler).

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Kaley wrote: "SandyL wrote: "Kaley wrote: "Ch 1-2

Really? I f..."

Oh, (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments It also just occurred to me....[spoilers through Ch. 12](view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Chapter 3/4 - Yikes! (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Through Ch 21

This book is (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Ch 22

Yep, Avery’s parents are (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Through Ch 27

So we finally know (view spoiler)

SandyL | 4455 comments Kaley wrote: "Through Ch 21

This book is [spoilers removed]"

Yes, it's sad, but also frustrating that Avery isn't willing to trust Cam and so put herself in this situation. It was nice that he helped when she got sick, but then he backed off again.

SandyL | 4455 comments Kaley wrote: "Through Ch 27

So we finally know [spoilers removed]"

Yes, I thought (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Finished!

I liked this book a lot — which is good because right after it started I thought I was going to hate it. It lured me in though.

I can’t believe that (view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4553 comments I'm going a little slower on this one because it's on audio, but I have a lot of yard work planned today, so hoping to get further today :)

SandyL | 4455 comments Kaley wrote: "Finished!

I liked this book a lot — which is good because right after it started I thought I was going to hate it. It lured me in though.

I can’t believe that Avery’s Mom ..."

I'm done too! This book was just okay for me. Although understandable, Avery's (view spoiler)

Avery's mom (view spoiler)

I did feel back for Molly (view spoiler)

SandyL | 4455 comments Snowtulip wrote: "I'm going a little slower on this one because it's on audio, but I have a lot of yard work planned today, so hoping to get further today :)"

Even though I'm done I'll come back to talk Snowtulip, so take your time!

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Thanks Sandy :D

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Kaley wrote: "Through Ch. 12

I meant to bring this up before, but forgot till it was brought up again in Ch. 12. I want to know what the heck [spoilers removed]"

That's what I was also thinking (view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Kaley wrote: "It also just occurred to me....[spoilers through Ch. 12][spoilers removed]"

Oh, that thought completely creeps me out! I hope that's not the case...but it would be a plot twist!

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Kaley wrote: "It also just occurred to me....[spoilers through Ch. 12][spoilers removed]"

Oh, that thought completely creeps me out! I hope that's not the case...but it would be a plot twist!"

I’ve read a lot of mysteries lately so I have plot twists on the brain :-P

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Chapter 20 (view spoiler)

message 38: by Snowtulip (last edited Jul 22, 2018 10:17AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Kaley wrote: "Ch 22

Yep, Avery’s parents are [spoilers removed]"

ABSOLUTELY! (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Kaley wrote: "Ch 22

ABSOLUTELY! [spoilers removed]"

Right! (view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Kaley wrote: "Snowtulip wrote: "Kaley wrote: "Ch 22

ABSOLUTELY! [spoilers removed]"

Right! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Snowtulip wrote: “[spoilers removed]"

Exactly. (view spoiler)

SandyL | 4455 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Chapter 20 [spoilers removed]"

Her parents, especially her mother (view spoiler)

Snowtulip | 4553 comments Finished!

(view spoiler)

This was my first from this author that didn't have a paranormal element to it. Overall it was a good read, but I did get frustrated sometimes. I really liked Cam, and Avery was beginning to make some positive steps. I am going to read the next book in the series.

SandyL | 4455 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Finished!

[spoilers removed]

This was my first from this author that didn't have a paranormal element to it. Overall it was a good read, but I did get frustrated sometimes. I really liked Cam, an..."

Well, they get a run for their money (view spoiler)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1428 comments Snowtulip wrote: "Finished!

[spoilers removed]

This was my first from this author that didn't have a paranormal element to it. Overall it was a good read, but I did get frustrated sometimes. I really liked Cam, an..."

For a minute I thought her dad (view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wait for You (other topics)
Disgrace (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J. Lynn (other topics)