Start by marking “Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)

Wait for You

(Wait for You #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  128,019 ratings  ·  8,070 reviews
Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any a
Nook, 332 pages
Published February 26th 2013 by J. Lynn (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wait for You, please sign up.
Emma Smith I'm 15 and I've read books way worse than this. To be honest, if your daughter has been reading books like this for a while then stopping it now won't…moreI'm 15 and I've read books way worse than this. To be honest, if your daughter has been reading books like this for a while then stopping it now won't make a difference. Besides, some of those books are amazing with awesome storylines and characters. Be happy she's even reading books, not many kids still do these days (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Erin Robertson hopeless by collen hoover
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenSlammed by Colleen Hoover
Best Book Boyfriends
8,883 books — 26,885 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
College Romance
1,348 books — 8,301 voters

More lists with this book...

·  128,019 ratings  ·  8,070 reviews

Start your review of Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
xrysa
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book I dont think that cookies and eggs will be the same for me.

Avery

Avery is starting college but all she wants is to start a new life.
Just consider how lucky she is.
She is living next to a HOTTIE.

Cam

They are both attending astronomy and that brings them closer.

Cam is deterHOTTIE.
class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Emily May
Aug 10, 2013 rated it did not like it

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

I'm almost tempted to just give Wait for You 5 stars because I haven't laughed this much at a book since I don't even remember when. I'm laughing while writing this review (there's no one else in the house, so that's kinda creepy I guess) and it's really not funny, to be honest. I just
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

“You want to say yes, but you’re just not ready.”
My jaw dropped.
“It’s okay.” His grin turned cocky. “I’m a lot to handle, but I can assure you, you’ll have fun handling me.”

This book =>

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A perfect mix of swoony, wonderful, romantic, heartbreaking, angsty, dramatic and beautiful <3

Me, while reading the book

From page one,
Aestas Book Blog
Shelves: favorites

4.5 stars -- He had me at sweetheart ♥

This book was JUST what I needed right now!!

I totally understand why everyone is raving about it! I was swooning from the first page and didn’t want to put it down till I finished it. Not to mention that amazing fact that it is a stand-alone!!! A completed romance with a happy ending that leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy. I LOVED IT!!

Now, while I fell into insta-love with this book, I very much appreciated that the characters didn’t. I loved that their relationship
Natalie Monroe

Drinking game! Every time something cliche happens, take a shot. Warning: alcohol poisoning is a real risk and you should consult your doctor before reading.

Cliche #1

Avery trips on her first day of school and is saved by a cute guy, aka, Cam. He's also kind of a douche. Very shoujo manga-ish.

Cliche #2

Avery and Cam are in the same class.

Cliche
Kristen
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Charming 4 1/2 stars!

I very much enjoyed reading this book. It was one of the most endearing, touching, and fun friends-to-lovers tropes I've read in a long time. I adored and swooned over Cam (Oh, how I LOVED him), sympathized with and understood Avery, and felt they shined brilliantly together.

I did feel this book leaned more toward Young Adult in content than New Adult, but that's why it appealed to me. There was a freshness and youthfulness to this book
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5~stars

Going commando and a spoonful of funfetti icing...

First off, I’m extremely mad at you world for not making me read this book sooner. No seriously, WHAT THE HELL!?!?

It seems like lately my life has been nothing, but good books...decent books. Books that are just...okay. I have been drowning, completely submerged in 3~star books. I’ve been sinking faster than the Titanic. Wait for You was my life raft! I’m saved!! ~Cue the hallelujah chorus~

Let me start by twat kick
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
An extremely sexy, entertaining read!

Every aspect of this story was engaging; from the lovable characters to the quirky dialogue and superb writing...I fell head-over-heels in literary love with this story!

Avery Morgansten has a secret—one that has her fleeing to the other side of the country to escape. Her cold-hearted parents are a despicable source of authority and Avery enters her new college completely alone...that is, until her sexy 'run-in' with Cam.

People got out of the way for Cam. He was like a hot Moses, paCam.
Jessica
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SO. FREAKING. GOOD. way better than I expected. Why is Jennifer L. Armentrout forever cursed with bad covers though?
Christy
5 Stars!

Wait For You is one of books that I just couldn’t put down. Once I started, I was a goner. The main reason for that??? This guy-

CAM
 photo e0f90d29-6aa1-410d-9d91-cd029edc6d44_zps0ac1f677.jpg
Sweet baby Jesus, Blue Eyes was...
He was gorgeous in all the ways that made girls do stupid things.

Wait For You was a story about a girl named AVERY

5 Stars!

CAM
 photo e0f90d29-6aa1-410d-9d91-cd029edc6d44_zps0ac1f677.jpg
Sweet baby Jesus, Blue Eyes was...
He was gorgeous in all the ways that made girls do stupid things.

Wait For You was a story about a girl named

AVERY

photo WaitforyouAvery_zps0ccfba22.jpg
Whoever came up with the saying you can’t escape your past really knew what they were talking about.

Avery has not had an easy life. She is nineteen years old, and living away from her family. Away from the pain of her past, the secrets and things she keeps to herself. She doesn’t really have any friends from home, when she was fourteen years old something traumatic happened to her. It changed everything. She doesn’t let people get close to her, but she has managed to make a few friends while starting at a new school. Jacob and Brit. She still keeps everyone at an arms length. On her first day of classes, she runs into him. Cameron Hamilton.

“I’m used to having girls throw themselves at me. Trying to jump on my back is new, though. Kind of liked it.”

“I wasn’t trying to jump on your back or throw myself at you.”

“You weren’t? Well, that a shame. If so, it would have made this the best first day of class in history.”

Cam and Avery get paired together in their astronomy class. And she finds out he is her neighbor. He starts turing up everywhere, and it is unnerving for her. Cam and Avery become friends. They hang out, eat breakfast together on Sundays, she has an easy friendship with Cam. Cam wants more from Avery, and he is persistent. He asks her out constantly, and she is constantly turning him down. But there is something about Cam...

Cam was different. He’d always been different.

Eventually, after a lot of flirting and chemistry brewing, Avery decides to say yes to a date. Eventually, she realized Cam means what he says.

“I’ll be available whenever you want me to be.”

For the first time in a long time, Avery feels safe. Loved. Cherished. But she is holding on to her past, her secrets. Cam opens up to her, but there are things she just can’t tell him. One night, he discovers one of her secrets, and she freaks out. She doesn’t realize that Cam still wants her, scars and all.

photo Waitforyou-scars_zps02d27230.jpg

She spends a while without Cam. Missing him. Lonely. Depressed. Eventually, they work it out. Avery realizes that her heart wants Cam. He is it for her. And he wants her more than anything.

“There’s not a single part of you that I don’t want, you understand? I want to be on you and inside of you.”

“I’m serious about you, Avery. If you want me for real, you have me.”

“I want you for real.”

But she is still holding on to a secret that could tear them apart. How can they make a relationship work when she is unwilling to trust Cam and tell him the truth?

I am going to go start with Cam, because he made the book for me! What a sweet, funny, swoonworthy and sexy guy! He could be a little cocky at times, but I loved him! He is attentive, hot and he bakes! He also says things like this that made me melt (view spoiler)Cam- you are a new book boyfriend of mine for sure!!!
I was happy to see Avery overcome her past at the end of the book. I was glad she confronted her parents and got some of the closure she needed.
Tyler was a hilarious character! Loved him!!!
“Good, because if a guy isn’t making you walk funny after sex, then he probably isn’t anything to write home to mom about.”

An emotional beautiful story about love, trust, overcoming your past, and moving on. A lovely book with a terrific ending!

“I want you, Cam.”

“You have me,” he groaned. “You so fucking have me.”

photo 12263063-b2ef-4109-9b80-0a68e14c1096_zps43334fb2.jpg
~ Becs ~
I’m dusting off that seldom used fifth star for this one – it really is that good! I'm doing happy Jumping Jacks with glittery pom poms!!

I think it’s fair to say that my relationship with New Adult Romance has been rocky, at best. It promised me so much but, after a few casual and fun dates, I got burned by a bad book, totally betrayed by a hero that promised to be gorgeous, alpha and protective but ended up being a hero that I just wanted to throw rocks at and I retreated to lick my
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Sep 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

WARNING: I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATED THIS BOOK WITH A FIERY PASSION. IF YOU LOVED IT, YOU PROBABLY WON’T LIKE THIS REVIEW. ALSO – THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.

Still here? Alrighty then . . .

On motherf-ing page THREE we have our meet/cute where the girl literally runs into the boy and I discover this story will be one of my most hated of all tropes – a “superbadawful happened long long ago that new love interest will magically fix with all of his wonderfulness as well as his magic penis.”

By page thirty girhttp://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/
WARNING:
oliviasbooks
**** If it is possible to spoil a story that has practically no mentionable plot and no mystery, but makes do with a certain set of formulaic elements (see farther below), spinning them in circles to make the experience last longer, then be warned: Spoilers line the rocky road ****

I am seldom that outspoken, but in this case I just have to say it aloud - probably all the 'fucks' and 'shits' the characters flung about celebrating their verbal New Adult freedom rubbed off on me: In my opinion
KAS
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

A SLOW BURN TO THE NTH DEGREE

I love the NA genre and have been wanting to read something by this author. As soon as I started the first chapter, I knew I was in for a treat.

The MC's, Avery and Cam, were exactly what I hoped for. Avery is sassy, determined and says whatever she feels like, but is emotionally flawed. Cam is adorably full of himself, fun to be around, and oh so confident and sinfully gorgeous.

Girls clamor to be with Cam, but he sets his sights on the red-/>A
Wendy Higgins
All I know is that I wish everyone could have their own personal Cam... *sigh*

(This title is NA (new adult), not YA)
Elena
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
12/26/16: EDIT
I'm rating this 4 stars because I'm realizing I'm not enjoying the rest of the books and I'm giving them low ratings. Also, 3 stars means the book was okay, and this was more than okay. As of now, this is my favorite and I've given 1 and 2 stars to the next books, so this has to be 4 stars.

Leaning back against Cam's chest, I tipped my head back and I reached up, cupping his cheek. I drew his mouth to mine and kissed him softly. “Thank you.”
His lips curved up on one side.
/>
Lucia
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it

4.5 swoonworthy stars! New-Adult romance at its best!
My Cameron and Avery:

Avery is starting college, far away from her home, ever critical parents and her past. She wants just one single thing - to start over and have a normal life with noone knowing what had happened to her five years ago when she was only fourteen and what made her closed and uncomfortable around others. But what she is not expclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Whitney Atkinson

Trigger Warning: Rape

Aight.... So I'm in the middle of literally like 6 books and last night i was like U KNOW WHAT I JUST NEED SOMETHING EASY AND LIGHT AND FUN AND SMUTTY SO HECK IT I'M GONNA READ THIS and i promptly read it in 2 sittings before i went to bed and right when i woke up.

A history of my and JLA's relationship: I was obsessed with the Luxe series when I was like 15 but stopped liking them after book 3 when it got too smutty and weird. I've read a fe
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
+5 COOKIES STARS <3

""Are you sure?" "I have cookies."
"Cookies?"
"Yeah, and I made them.I'm quite the baker."

description

Amazing!!!I loved it so much!It was beautiful, emotional and at many parts hilarious!!I didn't want to finished reading it, the story was so addictive!And the part about the cookies...omg :)) It was hilarious!!!I will definately eat Cam's cookies!!!

The book starts with Avery who was seeking a new life and she goes from Texas in a college to West Virginia.Somet
Jasmine
3 - 3.5 COOKIE STARS! ★★★☆

“I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else."

Yup. Don't think I'll ever see a cookie in the same way again ;D

Anywho. GAH I couldn't really settle with a rating for this one because the first half of the book felt like a solid 4, but the second half starting getting on my nerves with Avery. And there's Cam and his pet tortoise Raphael who I would give 5 stars to.

The thing with NA reads is that it's very hard to please with all the recycled plots and with this one,★★★☆
Beth Michele
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favs
(Tapping my finger against the side of my head) Where to begin.

First off, I will never look at cookies and eggs the same way again. I love cookies, and if that's a code word for something else, then I'll take that too. Nor will I be able to eat them without thinking about CAM. Sigh. He was incredibly hot, right down to that sun tattoo, absolutely, but it was something more. It was his sense of humor (love that), his playfulness, his thoughtfulness. Loved during their intimate moments
DW
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wait-for-you
Cam Hamilton just won the best boyfriend award. I'm telling you, it does not get much better than this absolute perfect in every possible way guy!!

photo 99B7DBF5-919B-4B1D-B7DF-942E4813A5D8_zpspywaitlv.jpg

Avery moves from Texas to Virginia to go to college. She wanted to go far enough away that no one would know her and to hopefully start a new life. One terrible night at the age of 14 completely ruined her reputa
Aj the Ravenous Reader

As my first ever JLA read, I have no idea as to what to expect. But simply basing it on friends’ reviews, I know for a fact that JLA is one of our elite kick-ass writers. This book made me see why. She is naturally endowed with great writing skills, so that although this entire story is quite a bit familiar (as it reminds me so much of a mix across Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and the Lovely Vicious series by Sara Wolf- all of which are great books, BTW), she still
Ramona
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
J.Lynn or Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of the best authors out there right now and by far, the most complex, because she can write almost everything in a flawless manner. Who can actually have 2 pen-names and nail it every single time? Add Jennifer to your list:)

By the name of J.Lynn she developed such an amazing series, with important issues and adorable couple that just stick with you a long time. The first story belongs to Avery and Cam and I know you will love them to death, because Avery’s innocen
Due to an unfortunate tagging incident and a not-really-but-so-taken challenge on what one *ahem* She-who-is-friends-with-stuffed-dead-animals *ahem* goodreads user might(or might not)read a buddy-read is forthcoming on Friday, November 13th....to include the ab-lovin' aussie, Dino-Jess as well!

The combination of that cover and that blurb make my face muscles twitch:

The Review (such as it were)

2 Stars

Wait fStars
Waitwere)
Hulya Kara Yuksel
OK ladies, take a note please. :) You MUST read this awesome book because Cameron aka Mr.Perfect was really perfect. (^_^) You have to meet this funny and also sweet guy. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. :)

Oh by the way, he loves to bake cookies. :) Yeah, I know he's not real. Dammit... :D

Caitlin
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edit 14/01/17: I've gone back and forth about whether this book is a 4 or 5 star but I'm now changing it back to a 5 star because it's definitely one of the best trashy novels I've read.

Original review:

This book is trash. So much trash. SO many cliches. But holy shit this was SUCH GOOD TRASH. I NEED MORE OF THIS IN MY LIFE.

I was slowly sinking into a slump because I was reading way too much fantasy, so I messaged my lovely friend Amber and said I was in need of some trash. WELL SHE FOUND ME THIS TRASH AND I AM IN SO IN LOVE
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Looking for a sweet, love story where there's none of that instant love? Well, this is the story for you. Cameron(Cam) and Avery meet in college... he's two years older, handsome, confident and a ladies' man. She's innocent but traumatized and never had a boyfriend. How can she hold her own against Cam?

It was really hard being in Avery's head because you know from the beginning something horrible happened to her five years ago. It just takes forever to find out what. On top of that, she comes f
• Lisa •
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 COOKIES & LOVE CONQUERS ALL STARS.

As a reader, I get sucked into reading books that are popular, I'll see review after review of certain books and click that 'to read' button pronto. Sometimes it pays off, other times not so much, with 'Wait for you' it paid off BIG time ... So thank you good people of GR's. I fell in love with this story and here are my thoughts...

In a nutshell this is a story of love conquering all, with some very likeable characters thrown in and
UltraFast Keto Boost Where to buy UltraFast Keto Boost 1 2 Aug 28, 2019 10:08PM
Where Can You Find FreeKeto BodyToneResources 1 1 Aug 16, 2019 02:37AM
Where to buy Vital Sources CBD Oil 1 1 Aug 01, 2019 10:55PM
Where to buy Keto Pro Slim 1 1 Jul 31, 2019 11:16PM
Where to buy Spring Hall Health Keto 1 1 Jul 22, 2019 01:27AM
Where to buy and how to use Alpha Titan Testo? 1 1 Jul 17, 2019 10:28PM
Stop Wasting Time And Start Ketogenasis 1 1 Jul 12, 2019 05:19AM

• The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)
  • Fallen Too Far (Rosemary Beach, #1; Too Far, #1)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • The Mistake (Off-Campus, #2)
  • Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
  • The Score (Off-Campus, #3)
  • Dream of You (Wait for You, #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights, #21)
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
  • Rule (Marked Men, #1)
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Losing It (Losing It, #1)
  • Tangled (Tangled, #1)
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
A pseudonym for Jennifer L. Armentrout.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true.

Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watchin

Wait for You (6 books)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
“I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else."

"Maybe it is." He tugged on my bag again as he took a confident step back, forcing me down another step. "And just think about it. If cookie was a code word, whatever it symbolizes, it's been in your mouth, sweetheart.”
730 likes
“You've been checking me out, haven't you? In between your flaming insults? I feel like man candy.” 506 likes