Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Advance Reader Copy (ARC)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 132 (132 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Do you request e-ARCS or maybe even physical ARCS? If so, which ones do you have to read?

message 2: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I just recently started going back on Eldeweiss so I will be browsing through books now. (:

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I get lots of e-ARCS!

Today, I got I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga as a read now copy off of Netgalley.

I am also auto-approved for Harper Collins on Edelweiss and they added a lot of books this morning so I downloaded My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga Geek Girl by Holly Smale The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Trinity wrote: "I just recently started going back on Eldeweiss so I will be browsing through books now. (:"

Hope you are accepted for some good books. :)

message 5: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Thanks! I think I will go through some Read Nowd so I might have have a bigger chance at getting books in the future.

Great books by the way! Hope you like them! (:

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Let me know if you download any.

Thanks! :)

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Today I got Finding Ruby Starling by Karen Rivers Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay

So in total, I have 18 ARC's to read.

message 8: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I requested Finding, Ruby Starling but haven't been accepted. :(

I have a lot too! It's getting a bit crazy.

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It looks like a cute read :) Hope you get it too.

message 10: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks. :) It does! I also got Promposal by Rhonda Helms and Perfect Couple (Superlatives, #2) by Jennifer Echols last week.

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Nice :) I love that they won't be out till 2015 :D

message 12: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I know! ;) I just saw I was declined for Finding, Ruby Starling. Oh well. :(

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Aw, that's too bad :( But you have other ARC's to read so it's no big deal :D

HarperCollins now accepts my request rather quickly (still I hope to be on the auto-aprrove list)

I hope to get "I Am Her Revenge"

message 14: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Exactly. I have more than enough to keep me occupied. :)

I was thinking that! They did accept your requests quickly! I still have no idea how I am on there and you're not.

That one sounds really good! Where can you request that?

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I think it's because I have read and reviewed most of the ARC's I got from them :D

I saw that one this morning at Edelweiss, and already requested it, now I think it's not available for public viewing.

message 16: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I've requested Zac and Mia by A.J. Betts Blind by Rachel DeWoskin Forget Me by K.A. Harrington My True Love Gave to Me Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins a while ago.

Don't know if I will get them but I would love to! I hate when they don't accept or decline you within a few weeks.

message 17: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I think it's because I have read and reviewed most of the ARC's I got from them :D

I saw that one this morning at Edelweiss, and already requested it, now I think it's not available for public vi..."

Definitely. :)

Oh, too bad! I wonder if people can still be accepted for it then?

message 18: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I was declined when I requested Forget Me last month.

I hate that too. I think one week should be the limit. I have books requested like 3 months ago still have no response. Some I already read.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) Almost all I read is ARC's or review copies. I work for a reviewing website and they send me physical ARCs.

I get eARCs from Netgalley, Edelweiss, Curiosity Quills Press, GMTA Publishing. (If you want help on figuring out how to get eARCs from the last two I can help.)

I also get eARCs or physical ones from LibraryThing giveaways. I win those all the time. They're much easier to win than Goodreads First reads program because there are a lot less people on that site.

These are all of my current review copies... I have a problem.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 20: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments That stinks! I am really excited for that one. :)

Yes, one week should be the limit, for sure! I hate when they take as long as possible! Some I get approved for months after requesting them and I don't even remember requesting them.

message 21: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Woah that's a lot, Amanda! :)

I've never even heard of Curiosity Quills Press or GMTA Publishing. How do you request eARCS from them?

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) Heheh hold on let me get you links. Curiosity Quills Press is great. You can request anything and they'll give it to you, even if it's been published a while ago. GMTA Publishing I just started working with, but it seems that you can do the same thing, and they have some really good books.

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) For GMTA fill this out with what you want to read and review, check their website they have a couple different branches for different genres.

http://www.gmtapublishing.com/earcrev...

For Curiosity Quills Press I would suggest joining their mailing list. They send you an email every so often letting you know what's available.

http://curiosityquills.com/blogger-re...

I don't have a blog, they both let me review with just having a goodreads account.

message 24: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thank you! :D

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) I just got Tempus by Holly Lauren from GMTA and I think it looks awesome.

message 26: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Amanda wrote: "I just got Tempus by Holly Lauren from GMTA and I think it looks awesome."

Enjoy! :)

message 27: by Trinity (new)

Trinity That's awesome! Thanks!!

message 28: by Makenzie (new)

Makenzie (MakenzieReadsALot) | 180 comments what is edelweiss

message 29: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Hermionelover wrote: "what is edelweiss"

It's a website where reviewers can request ARCS.

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/

message 30: by Makenzie (new)

Makenzie (MakenzieReadsALot) | 180 comments so like Netgalley?

message 31: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Hermionelover wrote: "so like Netgalley?"

Yes. :)

message 32: by Makenzie (new)

Makenzie (MakenzieReadsALot) | 180 comments ok I use netgalley and hate how they take forever to send you books

message 33: by Trinity (last edited Jul 28, 2014 08:46PM) (new)

Trinity I just downloaded from Edelweiss Get Happy by Mary Amato I am excited to start it. I loved Guitar Notes so I hope I enjoy this one as well.

message 34: by Mehsi (last edited Jul 29, 2014 01:16AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I would love Physical ARCS, but I live in Europe so that is not possible. And I mostly don't get most e-arcs books because, again, Europe. :(

I do get some books from Netgalley, and the rest, well I magically get from other places. ;)

I am just wishing that there were no region limits, that I, for example, can read all those popular books from big shot publishers from Netgalley.

message 35: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trinity wrote: "I just downloaded from Edelweiss Get Happy by Mary Amato I am excited to start it. I loved Guitar Notes so I hope I enjoy this one as well."

I liked that one :) And yes, Guitar Notes was an amazing book.

message 36: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments EgmontUSA has added their Spring 2015 collection and I'm so excited since I'm on the auto-approved list. Just downloaded book 2 in Burn Out series (it hasn't been added to GR yet) and Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross

Finger crossed I'll get Blood Of My Blood (Jasper Dent #3) by Barry Lyga I have been approved several times by this publisher, but I'm not so sure.

message 37: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments That's awesome. :) Where did the EgmontUSA add their collection? EW or NG?

message 38: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Mehsi wrote: "I would love Physical ARCS, but I live in Europe so that is not possible. And I mostly don't get most e-arcs books because, again, Europe. :(

I do get some books from Netgalley, and the rest, we..."

Well at least you can get some ARCS. :)

message 39: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Trinity wrote: "I just downloaded from Edelweiss Get Happy by Mary Amato I am excited to start it. I loved Guitar Notes so I hope I enjoy this one as well."

I have this one too. :)

message 40: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "That's awesome. :) Where did the EgmontUSA add their collection? EW or NG?"

NetGalley. It's not available for request/download from EW yet.

message 41: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Cool. :)

I just got accepted for Branded (Sinners, #1) by Abi Ketner on NG.

message 42: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Pretty eye :)

message 43: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I know! :)

I always have such a hard time figuring out which ARC to read first!

message 44: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments lol... I usually read the one with the closest release date first. I don't like reading ARC after the book is already out.

message 45: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I don't like to do it either but sometimes it happens! I always feel bad though! I have to go through and write down all release dates.

message 46: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Well at least you can get some ARCS. :)
"

Yep, and that makes me happy. :) Yeah for ARCs!

message 47: by Makenzie (new)

Makenzie (MakenzieReadsALot) | 180 comments in netgalley click browse punlishers then click from the uk? browse pubs here is a link to the list https://www.netgalley.com/home/ukpubs

message 48: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments One thing that I would love Netgalley to make is an option that shows ARCS for world-wide/everyone. Now, I see good books and find out often they only allow people from UK/Australia/US.

message 49: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments Gisbelle wrote: "EgmontUSA has added their Spring 2015 collection and I'm so excited since I'm on the auto-approved list. Just downloaded book 2 in Burn Out series (it hasn't been added to GR yet) and [bookcover:Te..."

Awesome
Hope you get it

Blood of my Blood should be amazing

message 50: by ReadWriteLove28 (new)

ReadWriteLove28 | 17 comments Which ARC website(s) do you think has the best selection?

I've heard great things about Edelweiss, so I'll probably make an account there soon, but I wasn't sure if any of you loved any of the other websites.

« previous 1 3