Start by marking “The Courage of Cat Campbell” as Want to Read:
The Courage of Cat Campbell

The Courage of Cat Campbell

(The Power of Poppy Pendle)

Cat Campbell is a late-blooming witch whose magical abilities are bursting to be mastered in this charming coming-of-age story set in the world of The Power of Poppy Pendle.

Cat Campbell has had magical powers since the day she was born, but she didn’t always know that. Cat’s mother believes magic ruins lives, and even as Cat’s passion for magic grows over the years, no one
Published January 6th 2015 by Simon Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books

Start your review of The Courage of Cat Campbell
Amber
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-library
Cat Campbell has always dreamed of being a witch and attending the Ruthersfield School of Witchcraft. When she receives the gift of magic, her mom tries to dissuade her from being a witch making Cat's dream of being a witch not to come true. Determined to prove her mom and everyone wrong, Cat must try her best to be the best witch ever. Will she succeed and can she save the world from the evil witch Madeline Reynolds? Read and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good middle grade YA coming
Colette
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such an adorable read! I loved it even more than Poppy! Overall 4/5 stars; would definitely recommend!
Teresa Barrera
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Nem zentar topello: Don't let fear stand in your way."
This story follows Poppy's daughter, Cat and her desire and wish to become a witch.
Cat desperately wants to become a witch, but hasn't developed her powers yet all to the relief of her mother, Poppy.
Poppy wants Cat to have nothing to do with witchcraft fearing the danger from her own experience from the past would endanger Cat.
As Cat is searching for a cap for her project in her grandparents attic, she comes across her mother's old
Natasha
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My friend saw this book at a bookstore and sent me a picture of it. Because the author shares my name and the cover makes it seem like I book I would write. I didn't write this one, but it was a delightful read! I've also added it to my list of books to read my daughter, and will check out the other two books in this series as well.
Alex
The Courage of Cat Campbell was adorable. Cat herself was such an endearing heroine, she loves magic and loves being a witch, even if her own mother is kind of against it, since she, Poppy, believes magic runs life and she much rather Cat became a baker like herself.

Like I said, sweet story. Cat was so very likable, and for me she was the thing that worked the best in the story. The rest, well... I didn't know this was sequel until I had started and I felt like the author often fell back on
Kylie
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Even more adorable than the first!
Kim
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So cute.
Addi
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about Cat (Catherine) who was a brave girl who wanted to be a witch. There is another book called The Power of Poppy Pendle, that is about Cat's mum when she was a child (Also a 5 star read). In this book Cat uses her bravery to show everyone her passion. Can't wait to read The Marvelous Magic of Miss Mabel next.
Lindy MacLaine
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Light book, fun characters, great sense of possibility and character growth. The link between courage, perseverance, and passion is beautifully brought to life. I love that Cat longs to be a witch, while her mother, Poppy was a natural witch but longed to be a baker. Ah, life!
Kathy
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a 'cute' middle grade book or even elementary level. It can stand alone as it is #2 in the series. I liked the theme of 'don't let fear stand in your way'. This is whimsical and magical--it also has recipes! It's YOUNG for teens but great for tweens.
Jonina-Lee
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
It’s really frustrating reading about parents who won’t let their kids follow their dreams but this is a great book.
Claudette
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Would have liked it more if Cat's mom hadn't done to Cat what she hated her own parents doing to her.
Jenn
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute little series.
Celine
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cat Campbell wants nothing more than to be a witch and go to the local school for witchcraft. But although the gene runs in her family, Cat doesn't show a spark of magic for years. Then she accidentally finds her mom's old wand, and turns a spider into a rainbow of colours. Now she only has to convince her mother to let her be a witch.

I could so relate to Cat. When I was young, I wanted to be a witch too and go to Hogwarts! Now, in Cat's case, magic actually exists, and she's faced with the
Angie
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cat Campbell loves magic. Her greatest wish in life is to inherit her mother's magic gene. Her mom, Poppy, hates magic and gave up her magical ability to follow her passion and become a baker. She wants Cat to have nothing to do with magic because she thinks it just ruins your life. Magic usually appears in kids as toddlers, but Cat still retains hope that she will be a Late Bloomer even though she is already eleven.

One day while digging through her grandparents attic she comes across her mom's
Stacy Sabala
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Book Review- The Courage of Cat Campbell by Natasha Lowe

Cat wants to be a witch. It is her biggest wish and she hopes she has inherited her mother’s magic gene. Her mother gave up magic and became a baker. Magic ruined her life and she wants no part in it. She is relieved when Cat continues to be unable to do magic. Cat, on the other hand, is devastated.
One day when Cat is in her grandmother’s attic, her luck changes all thanks to a scary spider. Her mother is not thrilled but allows her to
Sarah Hay
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: j-series, j
Cat Campbell wants nothing more than to inherit the magical gene. But, at age 11, it is beginning to look like there is no magic in her. To make matters worse, her mother Poppy does have magical talents but she refuses to use them and instead pursues her passion for baking while hating all things related to magic. Cat spends her time watching the girls of the local magical academy wishing that she could be zipping around on broomsticks with them. Then, Cat finds her mothers old wands and spell ...more
Jennifer Gallman
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Girls, we've all been there, haven't we? Wanting to do something so desperately, but our mothers don't approve? That's exactly what's bothering Cat Campbell. Though a late bloomer, Cat has inherited her mother's (the protagonist of The Power of Poppy Pendle) gene of witchcraft, something that she's longed for since she could attempt to mix a potion in her mom's bakery. Unfortunately, though expected, Cat's mom disapproves of Cat's magic.

Until Cat turns eleven, Poppy is sure her daughter has not
Peter Ophoven
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My son and I read this together. We hadn't read the first book - "The Power of Poppy Pendle" but as a sequel the "Courage of Cat Campbell" is an example of a successful second book. It tracks to Poppy's daughter Cat, and as time moves, and as families evolve, we witness the circle of experience that all families face.

My Son and I were grabbed from the first sentence and it didn't let go! It was perfect to connect with my 8 year old son and since reading Cat we have read Poppy (the first) and
Tammie
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My granddaughter (age 8) wanted me to read this because she loved the 1st book about Poppy and I just had to read that one too. This is a great follow up book and gives a great story for young children to read. I encourage parents and grandparents to read this story and the 1st one. What an exciting adventure the author provides. Great conversations you can have with your children/grandchildren after you both read this. Well done!!! Loved it! Will be looking into purchasing these for my ...more
Gisbelle
description
My thanks to Simon & Schuster

Overall I enjoyed the quirkiness of this book. The characters, especially Cat, were adorable. The storyline, however, was a little too boring and messy. Maybe because I hadn't read book one before reading this book. But still since both books had different main characters, I thought it wouldn't be a problem.

Jennifer Ricks
Feb 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun, easy read. A fun twist on witches and magic. I just picked it up randomly at the library, not knowing that there was a first one, but this one stood alone just fine. I'm interested in reading the first one mostly because it's the opposite! Would be great for Harry Potter fans who need more!
Caitlyn Scott
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so amazing!!! I think the lesson in the story was to always follow your passion and never give up when something is tough. I really hope the author writes another one just like The Courage Of Cat Campbell.
Liz Harmath
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-books
Both my 10yo daughter and 12yo son really enjoyed the book -- both gave it 4.5* and my daughter asked me to get the 1st book in the series (The Power of Poppy Pendle). Thumbs up!

My review: Awesome! I loved Cat and the multiple parent/child storylines were great!
Chloe Walton
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love these books, I read it very quickly.
Alison
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Like the most watered down boring fluffy version of Harry Potter you could imagine. Very bland and predictable. Would not recommend
McKenzie Wagner
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such an adorable, fun middle grade read! Loved it!! I zipped through this book in a couple of hours during a road trip and I think any young girl would love it as well.
Kristen Mckenzie
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Natasha Lowe did just as well on the first book, "The Power Of Poppy Pendle"!
Diane Jordanger
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this one! My girls loved it, can't wait for the third book!
Wendi Lee
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle_grade, fantasy
I didn't realize that I read this book out of order and it's a sequel. I look forward to reading the first book. Cat is stubborn and charming, as is the world she lives in.

• Wednesdays in the Tower (Castle Glower, #2)
  • Thursdays with the Crown (Castle Glower, #3)
  • Saturdays at Sea (Castle Glower, #5)
  • Shadows of Winterspell
  • The Year of Shadows
  • The Never Girls Collection #1 (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls)
  • Somebody Stop Ivy Pocket
  • Anyone But Ivy Pocket
  • The Penderwicks on Gardam Street (The Penderwicks, #2)
  • Ordinary Magic
  • The Night Gardener
  • Strega Nona, Her Story
  • The Mischievians
  • The Tail of Emily Windsnap (Emily Windsnap, #1)
  • Kristy's Big Day
  • A Dash of Trouble (Love Sugar Magic, #1)
  • Heartseeker (Heartseeker #1)
  • Whichwood (Furthermore, #2)
From here face book page (https://www.facebook.com/natashalowe....)

About:
Natasha Lowe is the author of "The Power of Poppy Pendle" and companion book "The Courage of Cat Campbell" (late 2014) -both published by Simon & Schuster.

Biography:
Natasha Lowe knew as a child that she wanted to be either a writer, an adventurer, or a fancy tea-shop owner. So she did a little bit of everything, traveling

The Power of Poppy Pendle (3 books)
  • The Power of Poppy Pendle