The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > Read, Reading, To Read (April-June 2018)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16221 comments Mod

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I am starting the month listening to: Tempest (Old West, #3) by Beverly Jenkins then Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3) by J.R. Ward
To Read: The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments Currently Reading, Effective 06Apr18

TEXT: Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis

AUDIO in the car: So Brave, Young and Handsome by Leif Enger So Brave, Young and Handsome by Leif Enger

MP3 Audio: Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs, #2) by Jacqueline Winspear Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Apr 06, 2018 08:48PM) (new)

Read: Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb Tempest (Old West, #3) by Beverly Jenkins Reading: The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine I Am Malala The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai To Read: The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi Destiny's Captive (Destiny's, #3) by Beverly Jenkins

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore
The Radium Girls – Kate Moore – 5*****
Moore brings to life the stories of the brave women who painted luminous watch dials in the early 20th century, using radium-infused paint, which ultimately became their death sentence. The reader is in turns incensed and outraged, surprised by the ignorance and cavalier attitudes, and heartbroken by the pain and suffering these women endured.
LINK to my review

message 6: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Read: The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine with my 10yr old daugther. Great story about the 1960's period after Brown vs. Board of Education and the integration of schools
I Am Malala The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai about young Malala and her refusal to let the Taliban keep her from education

Reading: The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory

To Read: Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi Destiny's Captive (Destiny's, #3) by Beverly Jenkins

message 7: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished I Know a Secret (Rizzoli & Isles, #12) by Tess Gerritsen Jacq's Warlord by Delilah Devlin Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda The Dragonward (The Godsfall Trilogy, #1) by Michael Meyerhofer Foundling (Monster Blood Tattoo, #1) by D.M. Cornish Slippery Souls (Sunray Bay, #1) by Rachael H. Dixon The Drowning (Patrik Hedström, #6) by Camilla Läckberg Too Many Curses by A. Lee Martinez The Perfect Roommate by Minka Kent

Currently Reading Y is for Yesterday (Kinsey Millhone, #25) by Sue Grafton The Red Hunter by Lisa Unger

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Barbara ★ wrote: "Finished I Know a Secret (Rizzoli & Isles, #12) by Tess GerritsenJacq's Warlord by Delilah DevlinBest Day Ever by Kaira RoudaThe Dragonward (The Godsfall Trilogy, #1) by Michael MeyerhoferFoundling (Monster Blood Tattoo, #1) by D.M. Cornish[bookcover:Slippery S..."

Have you read Ruby Dixon?

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

I listened to Destiny's Embrace (Destiny's, #1) by Beverly Jenkins and loved it. Then Relentless (Relentless, #1) by Karen Lynch and was bored out of my mind. Now I am listening to Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3) by J.R. Ward . It's okay so far but I know many GR friends hated it so I am tentatively expecting something crazy.

next Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2) by Jessica Sims Without Merit by Colleen Hoover Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5) by Patricia Briggs

message 10: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished Bird Box by Josh Malerman Dead Angler (A Loon Lake Mystery, #1) by Victoria Houston Lady Anne and the Howl in the Dark (Lady Anne, #1) by Donna Lea Simpson The Red Hunter by Lisa Unger Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor The Knight & the Seer by Ruth Ryan Langan Moonlight Warrior (Midnight Bay, #1) by Janet Chapman Magic in the Blood (Allie Beckstrom, #2) by Devon Monk

Currently Reading Y is for Yesterday (Kinsey Millhone, #25) by Sue Grafton Blood on the Tracks (Sydney Rose Parnell #1) by Barbara Nickless Finn by Jon Clinch

message 11: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments Currently Reading, Effective 23Apr18

TEXT: Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Høeg Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Høeg

AUDIO in the car: Rainwater by Sandra Brown Rainwater by Sandra Brown

MP3 Audio: City of Bones (Harry Bosch, #8; Harry Bosch Universe, #10) by Michael Connelly City of Bones by Michael Connelly

message 12: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Read: Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3) by J.R. Ward Claimed in Shadows (Midnight Breed, #15) by Lara Adrian
Reading: Roomies by Christina Lauren A Very Russian Christmas (Her Russian Protector, #3.5) by Roxie Rivera Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
To Read: Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5) by Patricia Briggs

message 13: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished Blood of the Earth (Soulwood, #1) by Faith Hunter Blood on the Tracks (Sydney Rose Parnell #1) by Barbara Nickless Blindfold Game (Coast Guard #1) by Dana Stabenow Y is for Yesterday (Kinsey Millhone, #25) by Sue Grafton Millennium Crash (Watchbearers, #1) by James Litherland The Landing (The United States of Vinland #1) by Colin Taber Cruelty by Ellen Croshain Death of a Chocoholic (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #4) by Lee Hollis

Currently Reading Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) by Heather Graham So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced, #2) by Kerrelyn Sparks Bone Magic (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #7) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 14: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished Bone Magic (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #7) by Yasmine Galenorn Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) by Heather Graham Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4) by Sarah MacLean So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced, #2) by Kerrelyn Sparks

Currently Reading Hold Back the Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #18) by Kay Hooper Lake Silence (The Others, #6) by Anne Bishop

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Read One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich Burn (Dark in You, #1) by Suzanne Wright Covert Game (GhostWalkers #14) by Christine Feehan
Reading The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3) by Monica McCarty
To Read Thief (Boston Underworld, #5) by A. Zavarelli Most of All You by Mia Sheridan The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

message 16: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished Lake Silence (The Others, #6) by Anne Bishop Sea Glass Winter (Shelter Bay #5) by JoAnn Ross Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8) by Thea Harrison The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1) by Susan Mallery Blood, Smoke and Mirrors (Bad Witch #1) by Robyn Bachar The Copenhagen Affair by Amulya Malladi City of Endless Night (Pendergast, #17) by Douglas Preston The Cajun Doctor (Cajun, #10) by Sandra Hill

Currently Reading Hold Back the Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #18) by Kay Hooper Cold Reign (Jane Yellowrock, #11) by Faith Hunter

message 17: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Listening to Most of All You by Mia Sheridan ...still trying to find a romancey Gothic Horror for Bingo. It's not my preferred genre so I don't know what book will fit that need.

message 18: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments Currently reading, Effective 15May18

TEXT: The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb

AUDIO in the car: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

MP3 Audio: A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler

message 19: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Book Concierge wrote: "Currently reading, Effective 15May18

AUDIO in the car: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng"

I didnt enjoy this book the way others did! I hope you like it

message 20: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Read: Most of All You by Mia Sheridan The Thief (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16) by J.R. Ward
Reading: Thief (Boston Underworld, #5) by A. Zavarelli The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
To Read: Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7) by Katie Reus Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands, #10) by Cherise Sinclair Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2) by Katie Reus

message 21: by Rachel (last edited May 15, 2018 09:56AM) (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments read: House of Small Shadows by Adam Nevill
reading: The Alien Abduction Files The Most Startling Cases of Human-Alien Contact Ever Reported by Kathleen Marden
to read: Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #1) by Mira Grant

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) read: Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer
reading: The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club, #1) by Theodora Goss
to read: Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi

message 23: by Erica (last edited May 15, 2018 02:58PM) (new)

Erica | 960 comments Read: The Fire Pit (Faroes #3) by Chris Ould Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan

Reading: The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver

To Read: The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1) by Laurie R. King The Wonder by Emma Donoghue Espresso Tales (44 Scotland Street, #2) by Alexander McCall Smith Portuguese Irregular Verbs (Portuguese Irregular Verbs, #1) by Alexander McCall Smith

message 24: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished Cold Reign (Jane Yellowrock, #11) by Faith Hunter Hold Back the Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #18) by Kay Hooper Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3) by Joanne Fluke Rattling the Heat in Deadwood (Deadwood #8) by Ann Charles Ancient Spirits (Daisy Gumm Majesty, #6) by Alice Duncan The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin The Best of All Possible Worlds by Karen Lord Blackberry Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #17) by Joanne Fluke

Currently Reading Angels Of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria) by Ilona Andrews Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2) by Heather Graham Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) by Shannon Stacey

message 25: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Read: Thirty Day Boyfriend by Whitney G. Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands, #10) by Cherise Sinclair To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Reading: Fear University (Fear University, #1) by Meg Collett
To Read: Thief (Boston Underworld, #5) by A. Zavarelli Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7) by Katie Reus

message 26: by Katherine (last edited Jun 15, 2018 11:52PM) (new)

message 27: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1) by Shannon Stacey Owlflight (Owl Mage Trilogy, #1) by Mercedes Lackey Better Homes and Hauntings by Molly Harper The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2) by Heather Graham Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery, #2) by Jenn McKinlay An Occupied Grave (A Brock & Poole Mystery, #1) by A.G. Barnett Sacred Cows (Annie Seymour Mystery, #1) by Karen E. Olson

Currently Reading Angels Of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria) by Ilona Andrews The Sixth Day (A Brit in the FBI, #5) by Catherine Coulter A Clockwork Fairytale by Helen Scott Taylor

message 28: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
Little Fires Everywhere – Christine Ng – 4****
I cannot help but wonder what Ng has against determined mothers, first in her debut novel, and now with Elena Richardson. I was struck by how the Richardson kids had a mother who believed she was giving her kids everything, but in fact they knew little about how to deal with life. While Mia, unable to give her child much in the way of material goods, had given her the tools for living – self-reliance, observation, determination.
LINK to my review

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited May 27, 2018 11:06PM) (new)

Read and enjoyed Destiny's Embrace (Destiny, #1) by Beverly Jenkins ♥♥♥♥ Fear University (Fear University, #1) by Meg Collett ♥♥♥♥
Reading: Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1) by Ruby Dixon
To Read: Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7) by Katie Reus Must Love Fangs (Midnight Liaisons, #3) by Jessica Sims Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1) by Leta Blake

message 30: by Erica (last edited May 28, 2018 03:00AM) (new)

Erica | 960 comments Read: The Fire Pit (Faroes #3) by Chris Ould ♥♥♥♥ Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan ♥♥♥♥ The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver ♥♥♥ Portuguese Irregular Verbs (Portuguese Irregular Verbs, #1) by Alexander McCall Smith ♥♥♥ The Wonder by Emma Donoghue ♥♥♥

Reading: The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1) by Laurie R. King Older, Faster, Stronger One runner's quest to find out how women are running into their 50s, 60s and beyond, and what that can teach us all about living younger, longer by Margaret Webb Hal Koerner's Field Guide to Ultrarunning Training for an Ultramarathon from 50K to 100 Miles and Beyond by Hal Koerner

To Read: Espresso Tales (44 Scotland Street, #2) by Alexander McCall Smith

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Read:
I finished 3 books in a row that were ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️🌟 reads! Destiny's Surrender (Destiny, #2) by Beverly Jenkins my review Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2) by Katie Reus my review Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11) by Cherise Sinclair My review

Reading: Must Love Fangs (Midnight Liaisons, #3) by Jessica Sims is just okay. Not my favorite in the series but I’m still enjoying the series

To Read:...I don’t know

message 32: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished A Clockwork Fairytale by Helen Scott Taylor Harvest Hunting (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #8) by Yasmine Galenorn Holding by Graham Norton The Traitor's Bride (Keepers of Xereill, #1) by Alix Nichols Bearly Departed (Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery, #1) by Meg Macy Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #4) by Kate White The Girl With Red Hair (The Last War Saga Book 1) by Michael J. Sanford Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline Angels Of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria) by Ilona Andrews

Currently Reading The Sixth Day (A Brit in the FBI, #5) by Catherine Coulter A Magical Reckoning Five Stories of Supernatural Betrayal (Magic and Mischief, #1) by N.R. Hairston An Indomitable Beast The Remarkable Journey of the Jaguar by Alan Rabinowitz

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited May 30, 2018 01:39PM) (new)

Barbara ★ wrote: "Finished A Clockwork Fairytale by Helen Scott TaylorHarvest Hunting (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #8) by Yasmine GalenornHolding by Graham NortonThe Traitor's Bride (Keepers of Xereill, #1) by Alix NicholsBearly Departed (Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery, #1) by Meg Macy[bookco..."

My husband loved Ready Player One on audio

message 34: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 324 comments Finished The Burning of the World A Memoir of 1914 by Béla Zombory-Moldován and Rumble by Ellen Hopkins
Reading The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant Series #3) by Derek Landy
To read The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor

message 35: by Erica (last edited Jun 04, 2018 05:54AM) (new)

Erica | 960 comments Read: The Wonder by Emma Donoghue The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1) by Laurie R. King Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger

Reading: Hal Koerner's Field Guide to Ultrarunning Training for an Ultramarathon from 50K to 100 Miles and Beyond by Hal Koerner Older, Faster, Stronger One runner's quest to find out how women are running into their 50s, 60s and beyond, and what that can teach us all about living younger, longer by Margaret Webb How to Stop Time by Matt Haig

To Read: The Charm Bracelet by Viola Shipman The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg News of the World by Paulette Jiles From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White Foundation The History of England from Its Earliest Beginnings to the Tudors (The History of England, #1) by Peter Ackroyd

message 36: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished An Indomitable Beast The Remarkable Journey of the Jaguar by Alan Rabinowitz The Spider (Elemental Assassin, #10) by Jennifer Estep Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9) by Thea Harrison

Currently reading The Sixth Day (A Brit in the FBI, #5) by Catherine Coulter

message 37: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb
The Beauty of Humanity Movement – Camilla Gibb – 4****
The novel focuses on a group of residents of Hanoi. Told from multiple points of view, and moving back and forth in time, it requires some attention by the reader. I found it very atmospheric. I’ve been to Vietnam and her descriptions of the sights of Hanoi – the markets, the new construction, the lake, the restaurants and art galleries – were exactly what I remember. Gibb also perfectly captured the noise and bustle, the traffic (crossing the street!!!), the torrential rains, and the smell of pho.
LINK to my review

--------- * * * * * * * * --------

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
Dark Places – Gillian Flynn – 4****
Libby Day was seven when her mother and two sisters were murdered. Twenty-five years later she’s asked to revisit that night and help uncover the truth. Flynn knows how to write a suspenseful psychological thriller. Here she explores memories and psychological trauma. I was caught up from the beginning and held on tight through all the twists and turns the story took.
LINK to my review

message 38: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments Currently Reading, Effective Wednesday 06June18

TEXT: Days Without End by Sebastian Barry Days Without End by Sebastian Barry

AUDIO in the car: Trans-Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian Trans-Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian

MP3 audio: Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

message 39: by Erica (last edited Jun 10, 2018 02:11PM) (new)

Erica | 960 comments Read: The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1) by Laurie R. King ♥♥♥♥ Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger ♥♥♥♥♥ How to Stop Time by Matt Haig ♥♥♥♥ Older, Faster, Stronger One runner's quest to find out how women are running into their 50s, 60s and beyond, and what that can teach us all about living younger, longer by Margaret Webb ♥♥♥ Hal Koerner's Field Guide to Ultrarunning Training for an Ultramarathon from 50K to 100 Miles and Beyond by Hal Koerner ♥♥♥

Reading: The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg

To read: Foundation The History of England from Its Earliest Beginnings to the Tudors (The History of England, #1) by Peter Ackroyd The Charm Bracelet by Viola Shipman The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White News of the World by Paulette Jiles

message 40: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments Finished Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #4) by Jenn McKinlay The Sorcerer's Prize A Medieval Fantasy Romance by Rose Andrews Liam Takes Manhattan (Elder Races, #9.5) by Thea Harrison The Wicked (Elder Races, #5.5) by Thea Harrison The Invisible Library (The Invisible Library, #1) by Genevieve Cogman The Sixth Day (A Brit in the FBI, #5) by Catherine Coulter Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta

Currently Reading Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts The Drowning Girl by Caitlín R. Kiernan

message 41: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Read: Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7) by Katie Reus my review Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1) by Vi Keeland
Reading: Rebel Heart (Rush Duet, #2) by Penelope Ward
To Read: Axel's Pup (Werewolves & Dragons, #1) by Kim Dare Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia

message 42: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 324 comments Read: The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant Series #3) by Derek Landy

Reading: How to Lose a Duke in Ten Days (An American Heiress in London, #2) by Laura Lee Guhrke Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann

To read: Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman In Order To Live A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom by Yeonmi Park Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke

message 43: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Read: Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia my Review
Reading: Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17) by Jennifer Estep
To Read: Axel's Pup (Werewolves & Dragons, #1) by Kim Dare Dangerous Witness (Redemption Harbor #3) by Katie Reus

message 44: by Erica (new)

Erica | 960 comments Read: The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules (League of Pensioners #1) by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg ♥♥♥

Reading: News of the World by Paulette Jiles Relentless Forward Progress A Guide to Running Ultramarathons by Bryon Powell

To Read: The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White Foundation The History of England from Its Earliest Beginnings to the Tudors (The History of England, #1) by Peter Ackroyd

message 45: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments

Finished The Drowning Girl by Caitlín R. Kiernan The Care and Taming of a Rogue (Adventurers’ Club, #1) by Suzanne Enoch Kin by Kealan Patrick Burke Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments (Rose Gardner Mystery #7) by Denise Grover Swank Primal Heat (Includes Breeds, #8.5; Devlin Dynasty, #1; Moon Lust, #1) by Lora Leigh Agatha H and the Airship City (Girl Genius Novels, #1) by Phil Foglio Pale Horses (Jade de Jong, #4) by Jassy Mackenzie Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2) by Robin Hobb Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory

Currently Reading Back to the Bedroom (Elsie Hawkins #1) by Janet Evanovich Blood Wyne (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #9) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 46: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments Currently Reading, Effective Tuesday 20June18

TEXT: Bitter Grounds by Sandra Benítez Bitter Grounds / Sandra Benítez

AUDIO in the car: Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly Lilac Girls / Martha Hall Kelly

MP3 audio: Left Neglected by Lisa Genova Left Neglected by Lisa Genova

message 47: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Listened to Monster Mine (Fear University, #3) by Meg Collett my Review
Listening to: Axel's Pup (Werewolves & Dragons, #1) by Kim Dare
To Listen to: Dangerous Witness (Redemption Harbor #3) by Katie Reus

message 48: by Erica (new)

Erica | 960 comments Read: News of the World by Paulette Jiles ♥♥♥♥♥

Reading: A Darker Place by Laurie R. King Relentless Forward Progress A Guide to Running Ultramarathons by Bryon Powell

To read: The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White Foundation The History of England from Its Earliest Beginnings to the Tudors (The History of England, #1) by Peter Ackroyd

message 49: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1879 comments
Finished
Blood Wyne (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #9) by Yasmine Galenorn I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh Inked Magic (Inked Magic, #1) by Jory Strong Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas Claws of the Cat (Shinobi Mystery, #1) by Susan Spann Gossamer Wing (Steam and Seduction, #1) by Delphine Dryden Silk and Spurs (Rough and Ready, #1) by Cheyenne McCray Back to the Bedroom (Elsie Hawkins #1) by Janet Evanovich Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood, #1) by Lindsay Buroker The Darkest Promise (Lords of the Underworld, #13) by Gena Showalter Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5) by Patricia Briggs Fight Fire with Fire by Amy J. Fetzer

Currently Reading
The Heist (Fox and O'Hare, #1) by Janet Evanovich Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1) by Penny Reid

message 50: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2348 comments I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter – Erika L Sánchez – 4****
Fifteen-year-old Julia narrates this coming-of-age story set in Chicago. The novel opens shortly after her sister has died. Her mother and father are absorbed in their grief, and Julia feels smothered by their over-protectiveness. I really like Julia; she’s talented, bright, resourceful and tenacious. But she’s also a hurting teenager and risk for major depression.
LINK to my review

« previous 1