Start by marking “Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced, #3)” as Want to Read:
Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced, #3)

Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon

(The Embraced #3)

From the brilliant imagination of Kerrelyn Sparks comes a bold new fantasy romance series in which passion and magic collide. Behold the Embraced…

Gwennore has a talent. An Elf able to track down the cause of an illness and heal it, she’s a valuable asset to her people. When the kidnapping of a young girl thrusts Gwennore into the very heart of the realm of the dragons, she
Mass Market Paperback, 429 pages
Published March 27th 2018 by St Martins Pr

To ask other readers questions about Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon, please sign up.
Debra Johnson Your question doesn't really make sense.
Your question doesn't really make sense.
Her 1st book in this new series, How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced, #1), was published March 7th 2017. A full novel of about 396 pages.
The 2nd book, So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced, #2), was published August 29th 2017. Another full novel of about 469 pages.
The 3rd book, Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (The Embraced, #3) is expected to be published March 27th 2018. Once again, full size novel of about 448 pages.
So the 1st 2 books came out within about 5 months of each other. That's 2 books in one series within 1 year. The 3rd is about 7 months after the 2nd. And she will more than likely have a 4th sometime after August of this year. I know a lot of Great Authors who only publish 1 book per year in a series. And sometimes not even that.
And I have to ask you, what quality are the books of these other authors you mention who pop out so many books so quickly? How good is the editing, typo's, repetitiveness, depth of character and world build, and page/word count.
I say to the author, Ms. Kerrelyn Sparks, please take your time and continue to deliver the quality of story I have come to expect from you. Writing is an art form, not an assembly line!(less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
This bums me out, but I just didn’t love this. At all.

There wasn’t enough dragon in this dragon book, despite the title. Also, the plot and the romance were VERY slow moving, the latter being almost nonexistent despite good chemistry between the main couple.

I felt like we were going around in circles in slow motion and never really getting anywhere. As I said earlier, more romance could have made up for a lot of my issues with this book, but they just circle around each other repeating the same
Hannah G
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, stand-outs
I really liked and enjoyed this book. I'm rating it 4.5 stars. The only thing that was missing was that i needed more romance. I loved both main characters. The plot was interesting and unique. Beautifully written and executed. I love this series and can't wait for the next 2 books of the series. I also hope we will get books for some of the side characters.
Jilly
I love this series!

It's got things I usually don't like: insta-love, cheesiness, super obvious things that take the characters forever to figure out...
But, none of that matters when I get caught up in the adorable, funny, cuteness.

In this story, we have our elf-girl, Gwen, getting kidnapped by a dragon. Another dragon rescues her and she names him "Puff".

When she arrives at this new kingdom, the general of the army there convinces her to stay and help their people because they have a problem wi
Stacey is Sassy
I preloved this one…

I knew that I was going to love Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon (great name, but so bloody long). I have a sweet spot for dragon shifters. OH NO!! I just gave a spoiler!!! Well, I don’t think it was too spoilerish. After all, I’m pretty sure it would be a physically impossible nightmare for an elf to make love to a dragon (shudders). So, straight up we know that we’re dealing with a fierce, hot and high-flying dragon who turns into a fierce, hot and bossy man…I’m in HE
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This book was just a whole lot of fun! I have been a huge fan of this series since I read an early copy of the first book so I was really looking forward to this newest installment. The fact that I knew that there would be dragons in the book made it all just a little bit better. I went into this book with some pretty high expectations and I am happy to report that they were all met. I read most of this book in a single sitting becau
Story_girl
I'm in love with this series!

Kerrelyn Sparks delivered another winner with the third installment. This time the story is set in the land of Norveshka and we get to see their majestic dragons from up close. The other nations are terrified of Norveshka and it's dragons but this country has some tightly guarded secrets. The royal line and two other founding clans are accursed and after repeated plagues the country is dying out from within.

General Dravenko refuses to believe that the curses are anyt
Alyssa

Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Crack A Book Cafe
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a gem!  Take one sweet heroine, a charming flirtatious alpha hero, a unique paranormal world and a dash of intrigue (with some dragon dating rules on the side LOL) and you’ve got the fantastic Book 3 in The Embraced series!  I was a bit worried because it was apparent right away that there was quite a bit of back story with the first 2 books.  But Kerrelyn Sparks does an amazing job summing it up so you’re not left feeling lost.  So, this can definitely be read as a standalone and is from a ...more
Dianne
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
She was raised to never trust a dragon, but Gwennore, an Elf with the power to heal may have to do just that to save a kidnapped girl. Silas, a powerful general in the royal dragon family guard will do anything to save his dying people, even strike a deal with his enemy, the beautiful Elf with the power to get to the cause of sickness and heal it. To get things rolling, it only took one kidnapping and a rescue...

Together, Silas and Gwennore may find more than political détente as passion runs as
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from St. Martins Press in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Eight Simple Rules For Dating A Dragon is a story that I have been looking forward to for a YEAR and so to say that I was excited is putting it mildly. Now I won't say that I loved this book as much as book two (which is still my favorite book this author has ever written) but there w
Alaina
ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.

Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon is a dual POV from Gwennore (aka Gwen) and Silas. Gwen has a talent, just like all of her adopted sisters. With one touch she can tack down the cause of an illness and heal it. Oh, and she also found out that she can hear dragons and trees AND speak back to them.

Any book with shape shifting dragon hotties can count me in to read it. Before I dive into this review, I didn't even know that this book was in a seri
Carvanz
This is another great addition to The Embraced series!

As an elf, Gwennore is constantly beging rejected and ridiculed. She longs for a husband and children but is very much aware that her hopes will never be fulfilled. Instead of a family of her own, she lives with Luciana, her adopted sister, and cares for her children. While she loves them all, Eviana is the most precious to her. So when a dragon swoops down and snatches the three year old, Gwen attaches herself to its leg and refuses to let
Claire Robinson
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
5 - "Rejected again..." Stars!

This series just keeps getting better and better. I loved the previous two books in Kerrelyn Sparks’ The Embraced series, but Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon was even better (and that is saying something). And I will be honest one character was solely responsible for that; Silas Dravenko.

The man’s smile was a weapon… and he knew how to use it.

This was one of those books that you start, and pretty much have a smile on your face, and a giggle sitting on your
Beth
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, fast and full of intrigue Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon caught my attention right away.

Gwennore, one of the special children born with gifted powers, was watching her sister by choice's daughter while they were picked flowers when a dragon swoops down to steal the baby away. Gwennore grabs on not wanting to let the dragon fly off with the child and ends up rescued by another dragon when she slips off mid air. She quickly discovers she can hear the dragons thoughts and he can hear h
Mei
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I love this series! It's not serious, it's like an adult fairy tale. :)

Here we have Gwen's story. Gwen's and her dragon's story! ;-)

I loved Silas. He was relentless in his pursue of Gwen! I loved him as himself and as Puff! LMAOOO
He was also hilarious with his carnal suggestion.

Gwen was sweet too. She's an innocent and she blushes when Silas makes naughty suggestions! Can you imagine a blushing heroine...

The backstory is interesting too and I'm looking forward to reading Sorcha's story (I think
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for review

This series is amazing. I'm loving every book. This one starts several years after book two. You won't be lost if you haven't read the first two, but they will make this one more enjoyable.

Silas and Gwennore are great together. Lots of drama, passion, angst, action, adventure, and dragons. Oh, and trolls, yes they do exist. The side romance with his cousin, Dimitri, and Annika was a nice bonus. That stupid Chameleon is back and causing more trouble.

Looking forward to the
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Very entertaining! This has a great mix of fantasy, paranormal and historical romance. You have dragons, elves, shifters, trolls, talking trees, royal families and more.

The author has a good sense of humor that shows through her characters and great vision in her world building. This series would make a fantastic movie series. I could easily see this world and it's many fascinating characters through her words.

It will depend on the reader if this could be a standalone or not. It has continuing
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Eight Simple Rules for Dating a dragon starts three years after the last installment. You won’t be lost if you haven’t read the others, but you will get more enjoyment if you read in order.

I had a lot of fun with this novel. The series is amazing and one that keeps surprising me. I’ve been looking forward to Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon for a year. We finally get to visit the realm of the dragons and the people who live in this hidden kingdom.

The Chameleon is back and causing trouble
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Sparks Fly Stars

Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon is a standalone and is part of the Embraced series. You can read the books out of order. I really enjoy these books, even though it’s a slow burn historical romance book. Well, kind of historical, it’s not entirely accurate since the author writes with a little slang, but it adds good humor value.

The thing about slow burn books is all the tension! Gah, you read like hundreds of pages of pent-up tension and boom you finally get to the part
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon by Kerrelyn Sparks is book Three in The Embraced series. This is the story of Gwennore and Silas. I have read the previous books (and Loved Them!) but feel this is easily a standalone book.
Gwennore is and elf who find illness and help to cure it..make her skills very valuable.
Silas is a dragon whose lands are plagued with illness and a curse.
When a young girl goes missing Gwennore tries to locate her. Silas will bargains for the missing girl asking in ex
Ivy Deluca
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
description

The Good
-I liked the characters, both Gwennore and Silas, and they do have some chemistry when the story was focused on their romance.
-The story starts off strong and the “curse” of the Norveshki people intrigued me. Focusing in on those aspects would have been the thing to do, except...

The Bad and Everything in Between
-Lord, the recaps killed me. The story bogged down with the repetition. Something would happen in a scene, and then I’d have to read the characters dissect those same ac
Debra Johnson
Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon by Kerrelyn Sparks
Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Humor/Comedy, Mystery, Paranormal, Romance
4 Stars

I prefer to get the negatives out of the way first.
I found 2 typos in my copy. They are minor & did not interfere with the story nor its flow. There's a couple of areas that felt a bit rushed.
I felt more adventure and danger could have been detailed.

I also didn't like certain areas about the queen and king's relationship to Gwennore. For me it was just a bit to
P Leslie
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's*

This is the third book in The Embraced Series. I’ve read every book in this series and would highly recommend reading them in order. This author’s books are seriously addictive, captivating, funny and action packed.

Gwen has been scorned by people for her looks and heritage. She’s judged by others due to the actions of her kind. Who will see her true beauty?

Silas attempts to prevent a kidnapping but ends up s
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

3.5 Rejected again... stars

Was this the best book in the series? No.

Was it the best dragon shifter book I've read? Yeah... not even close.

So why the stars?
“Actually, I did detect a problem. Before it reaches a point where it’s too debilitating, I recommend you eat more fruits and vegetables.”

He frowned. “What is it?”

“Constipation.”

He snorted. “My ass.”

“Exactly.”

Hmmm, well, they're bonus stars for making me laugh so much. That's what I love about this series and I keep repeating this in my
 B.E.Love
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story takes place a little after book two and now it’s Gwennores turn. After having the telling stones picked for Gwennorr she knew her time was coming but until then she lived with her sisters. Life was good she had almost all the people she loved around her and it couldn’t have been better. Except for the people who hated her because she has elf blood. Her family loved her deeply but others thought less of her. because of her lineage.

One day getting away from people talking about her Gwe
Tori
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Originally posed at SmexyBooks-http://smexybooks.com/2018/04/review-...

Book three in Sparks’ Embraced series-Eight Simple Rules for Dating A Dragon- takes elven healer Gwennore on an adventure to meet her destiny when a rogue dragon breaches the island she lives on and kidnaps her niece, princess Eviana. Gwennore grabs hold the dragon and hangs on for dear life. Once landed, she learns she is in Norveshka, the land of dragons, and at the mercy of a mad queen whose madness demands her dragons fin
Gaele
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gwennore is the sister, of all the five, with the most uncertain future: she is at least part elf as shown by her pointed ears, and is constantly subject to snide, sotto voice (or not) comments about her heritage. Elves are the least accepted people in the kingdom: warlike and secretive, with a coldness and single minded purpose that makes them fearsome in battle. While her sisters (and their children) all adore her, and her ability to both diagnose and heal illness are useful, she’s still more ...more
Hannah
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

The Embraced #3, I love each book more and more. Each of the sisters, so far, have had their own style to fit there story. How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days very much felt like I was reading a fairy tale, So I Married a Sorcerer felt like a old pirate romance to me. I don't have a point of reference for dragon fantasy, (only other dragon shifter modern romance) so I couldn't tell you if it had that feel to it, but I loved it; ancient curses, kidnapped Princess', mountain trolls, consp
Jessica B.
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - SNARKY DRAGONS Y'ALL. I didn't think a hero in this series could top Rupert (who's basically Wesley/Dread Pirate Roberts) and then I met Silas. He was just so much fun and swoony and protector-y, but without being a creep about it. He knew Gwen's worth right off the bat and never questioned her. A+ hero.

And I just love this damn series so much. The world building is amazing, the characters are oh-so-fun, and this book in particular because it set up some super cool plot stuff that I
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Not as good as the first two books in the series.

• The Big Alpha in Town
  • Dancing with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons #2)
  • The Highland Dragon's Lady (Highland Dragon, #2)
  • Grigori (Brothers of Ash and Fire, #1)
  • Bittersweet Darkness (The Order, #3)
  • Redemption (Soul, #1)
  • Kato (Stone Warriors, #2)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Bite Nights, #2)
  • Not Her Gargoyle (Not This, #4)
  • Dangerously Divine (Broken Riders, #2)
  • Drakon's Past (Blood of the Drakon, #4)
  • The Nymph’s Labyrinth (Nymph #1)
  • Ever Mine
  • Never Dare a Dragon
  • Spellbinder (Moonshadow, #2)
  • One for the Rogue (Studies in Scandal, #4)
  • The Secret of Flirting (Sinful Suitors, #5)
  • Vampires Never Cry Wolf (Dead in the City, #3)
Kerrelyn Sparks apparently has issues with reality. After writing more than a dozen books about vampires, she has now completely gone off the deep end and wound up on another planet. But how thrilling that she can share this magical new world with her readers! Although she is best known (so far) for the Love at Stake series, which has hit as high as number 5 on the New York Times list and 22 on th ...more

The Embraced (4 books)
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced, #1)
  • So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced, #2)
  • How to Love Your Elf (Embraced by Magic, #1)