The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > April 2018: Dusty Bookshelf Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16189 comments Mod

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

APRIL 2018 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge:

Please post your shelves. NO COMMENTS in this thread please. After I post the pair, it will add a link to the shelf, and then you can add discussion comments.

How It Will Work:
1) Please only post no more than 10 books that you would like to read this month.
*minimum 4 books.

2) An assigned person will FIRST pick TWO BOOKS from your post series.

3) SECOND, the assigned person will recommend ONE MORE from a Genre of your choice.

4) You have one month: APRIL 2018 to try to read one of the chosen books. You can read ALL THREE if you would like (*if you don't read your book this month, it's okay because this challenge is for YOUR ENJOYMENT)

5) Please try to select for your pair ASAP as we all get excited and waiting is torture to some.

TIMELINE
MARCH 14-20, 2018:
Participants will Post their shelves
*If you do not list a shelf, I will not pair you with anyone
***Cut off on MARCH 20

MARCH 20-26: Pairs will be posted & then Selection of the books and posting it for the person you are choosing for
*Again, as I said earlier, please try to select for your pair ASAP.
***Cut off on MARCH 26:

**MARCH 27-ish: Re-picks for those who didn’t get the pick

**MOD ASSIST: TCF Mods Trea, Denise & Lanelle are also around for assistance.

SEE how to POST Book Covers (view spoiler)

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Mar 20, 2018 11:15AM) (new)

PARTICIPANTS:
Ezinwanyi
Denise
Joyce
Jenn
Dlyn
Ashly
Chelle
fluerette
Penumbra
Karen ♐
Erica
☘KathyD☘
Debbie G.
Zuzana
Karina
Theo
Connie N.
Karen
Jammin Jenny
MJ
Rachel

PAIRS:
1. Jammin Jenny picks for Chelle
2. Joyce picks for Dlyn
☑ 3. Karen picks for Jenn
☑ 4. Denise picks for Zuzana
5. Penumbra picks for MJ
☑ 6. Rachel picks for Connie N.
☑ 7. Jenn picks for Rachel
☑ 8. Karina picks for Theo
9. Dlyn picks for Jammin Jenny
10. Debbie G. picks for Ashly
☑ 11. Ezinwanyi picks for Erica
☑ 12. Connie N. picks for Karina
☑ 13. fluerette picks for Karen
14. Ashly picks for Debbie G.
☑ 15. ☘KathyD☘ picks for Denise
☑ 16. Theo picks for Joyce
17. Karen ♐ picks for Ezinwanyi
18. MJ picks for ☘KathyD☘
19. Erica picks for fluerette
20. Zuzana picks for Penumbra
☑ 21. Chelle picks for Karen ♐

message 4: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited May 10, 2018 12:20PM) (new)

I chose for Erica: Cockroaches (Harry Hole, #2) by Jo Nesbø The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz Bonus pick: The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz .
Karen ♐: Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3) by J.R. Ward Dane's Storm by Mia Sheridan ☑ Bonus: Everything for Her (For Her #1) by Alexa Riley

Ezinwanyi's APRIL 2018 Bookshelf
A Tangled Mercy by Joy Jordan-Lake An American Marriage by Tayari Jones To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou, #1) by Molly Harper Dane's Storm by Mia Sheridan The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory The Last Guy by Ilsa Madden-Mills Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3) by J.R. Ward The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia

**Preferred Sub Genre: ** Romance (Angsty) ~ please pick something that's on audiobook
I prefer good plots to over sexed books. In fact, I hate too much sex books :D

Authors I don't enjoy: Kristen Ashley, Christina Lauren, Aletha Romig, Mary Calmes, TJ Klune, Alexa Riley

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Mar 20, 2018 08:55AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5382 comments Mod
Denise's April Dusty Bookshelf
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Seeds of Time by Kay Kenyon The Immortal Circus Act One (Cirque des Immortels, #1) by A.R. Kahler Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2) by Kiersten White Sanction by William Hunter Crimson City (Crimson City, #1) by Liz Maverick Hearts of Gold (Holin and Kale #1) by Hollis Shiloh Mistress of the Dancing Bones by Thomas Alexander Blackwing (Ravens' Mark, #1) by Ed McDonald Last Train to Istanbul by Ayşe Kulin

Genre of Choice: Fantasy

☘KathyD☘ picks for me: Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Mistress of the Dancing Bones by Thomas Alexander + A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle
I pick for Zuzana: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden Agent Storm My Life Inside al Qaeda and the CIA by Morten Storm + What Angels Fear (Sebastian St. Cyr, #1) by C.S. Harris

message 6: by Joyce (last edited Mar 20, 2018 07:06PM) (new)

Joyce (eternity21) | 580 comments Joyce's April Dusty Bookshelf

I pick for Dlynn A Court of Thorns and Roses and Close Your Eyes & genre books: Twin of Fire or Outlander

Theo picked for me Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman Bag of Bones by Stephen King and Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

The Devil To Pay (Bewitch the Dark #4) by Michele Hauf 14 by Peter Clines Monster Hunter International (Monster Hunter International, #1) by Larry Correia Taming the Demon (Demon Blade #1) by Doranna Durgin The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1) by Kimberly Frost Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman Ghost Moon (Bone Island Trilogy, #3) by Heather Graham Bag of Bones by Stephen King An Unattractive Vampire by Jim McDoniel

Genre of Choice: Paranormal all kinds.

message 7: by Jenn (last edited Mar 20, 2018 01:57PM) (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 532 comments Jenn's April Dusty Bookshelf

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by Kiersten White What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants, #1) by Nyrae Dawn Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman 'Til the World Ends (Blood of Eden, #0.5) by Julie Kagawa The Compound (The Compound, #1) by S.A. Bodeen The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer Undertow (Undertow #1) by Michael Buckley Built (Saints of Denver, #1) by Jay Crownover Suddenly You (Porter Siblings, #2) by Sarah Mayberry

Genre of Choice: Horror, Paranormal

I pick for Rachel: White Bodies by Jane Robins & Alone by Cyn Balog Bonus Pick: The Girl Who Was Taken by Charlie Donlea
Karen picks for me: Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman & Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer Bonus: Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King

message 8: by Lynn (last edited Mar 20, 2018 07:11PM) (new)

Lynn | 77 comments Dlyn's April 2018 Dusty Bookshelf

Dances with Wolves (Dances with Wolves, #1) by Michael Blake Love Walked in by Marisa de los Santos The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Tribute by Nora Roberts My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf Close Your Eyes (Kendra Michaels, #1) by Iris Johansen The Matchmaker by Elin Hilderbrand A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

Genre of Choice: Historical Romance - it's been a long time since I've read a really good historical romance novel so please do rec one! Thank you!!!

I pick for Jammin Jenny:
The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk, #1) by Dean Koontz The Fast and the Furriest (Second Chance Cat Mystery #5) by Sofie Ryan & bonus This Pen for Hire (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #1) by Laura Levine

Joyce picks for me:
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Close Your Eyes (Kendra Michaels, #1) by Iris Johansen & bonuses Twin of Fire (Chandler Twins, #1) by Jude Deveraux Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

message 9: by Ashly (last edited Mar 20, 2018 08:55PM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 139 comments Ashly's April Dusty Bookshelf

Bitter Legacy by Dal Maclean Daughter of the Sword (Fated Blades, #1) by Steve Bein The Child Thief by Brom You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1) by Layla Reyne Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2) by Michael J. Sullivan Trust by Kylie Scott The Culling (The Torch Keeper, #1) by Steven dos Santos Every Word (Every, #2) by Ellie Marney Lost Boy The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry

Bonus Genre: Mystery

Debbie Picked for Me: Lost Boy The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry & Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1) by Layla Reyne Bonus: Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

For Debbie, I pick Reading Up a Storm (Lighthouse Library Mystery #3) by Eva Gates & Poisoned Prose (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #5) by Ellery Adams . Bonus A Common Life The Wedding Story (Mitford Years, #6) by Jan Karon

message 10: by Chelle (last edited May 01, 2018 07:40AM) (new)

Chelle (chellerydz) | 442 comments Chelle's April Dusty Bookshelf-

Jammin Jenny picks for me - Steampunk: Poe and The Wife Between Us (finished 3 1/2*) with bonus genre picks of The Greyfriar or Nefertiti's Heart
Steampunk Poe by Zdenko Bašić The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire, #1) by Clay Griffith Nefertiti's Heart (Artifact Hunters, #1) by A.W. Exley

I pick Face the Fire, Deadly Fear, and Exit to Eden for Karen♐.

Steampunk Poe by Zdenko Bašić Coraline by Neil Gaiman A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare Poison or Protect (Delightfully Deadly, #1) by Gail Carriger Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco The Missing Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #1) by Karen E. Olson (finished 3 1/2*) The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks

Bonus Genre: Adult Steampunk (Mystery or Supernatural; no YA)

message 11: by fleurette (last edited Mar 20, 2018 10:11PM) (new)

fleurette | 48 comments fleurette's April Dusty Bookshelf

Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, #9) by Douglas Preston Freefall (High Risk #1) by JoAnn Ross The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters, #11) by Heather Graham After the Night by Linda Howard Never Say Never (Callahan Brothers, #2) by Geralyn Dawson Ghost Moon by Karen Robards Fight Fire with Fire by Amy J. Fetzer Absolute Fear (New Orleans, #4) by Lisa Jackson Wilde Nights in Paradise (Wilde Security, #1) by Tonya Burrows The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen

Genre of Choice: Romantic Suspense

I pick for Karen: Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3) by Kathy Reichs Killer Choice by Tom Hunt The Sleeping Doll (Kathryn Dance, #1) by Jeffery Deaver
Erica picks for me: After the Night by Linda Howard The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen Shadows Return (Nightrunner, #4) by Lynn Flewelling

message 12: by Penumbra (last edited Mar 21, 2018 08:24PM) (new)

Penumbra | 268 comments Penumbra's April Dusty Bookshelf

Out of the Past The King of Pentacles by Sean Michael One of Those Days by Zathyn Priest Rustic Memory (Rustic, #2) by Nic Starr Delivery with a Smile (Delivery with a Smile, #1) by Megan Derr Dear Alex by Clare London Chapter Five and the Axe-Wielding Maniac by Marie Sexton Shiny! by Amy Lane A Hoale Lot of Trouble (Hoale Construction Mystery #1) by Declan Sands

Bonus Genre: M/M only in Humor, Contemporary, Romance, Historical, Fantasy.
NO Horror, Dystopian, Bittersweet, etc.

I pick for MJ: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan and Just My Type A Book About Fonts by Simon Garfield
Genre Choice: The Cat Who Walks Through Walls (The World As Myth) by Robert A. Heinlein and Orphan Star (Pip & Flinx #3) by Alan Dean Foster

Zuzanapicks for me: Delivery with a Smile (Delivery with a Smile, #1) by Megan Derr and Dear Alex by Clare London Genre Choice: Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher

message 13: by Karen ♐ (last edited Mar 21, 2018 10:32AM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1752 comments Karen♐'s Dusty Bookshelf - April

Ruthless (Lawless, #1) by Lexi Blake The Wreck by Marie Force Lush (Delicious, #3) by Lauren Dane Delirious (Quantum, #6) by M.S. Force Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3) by Nora Roberts Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia, #1) by Nicole Edwards The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1) by Bella Andre The Last Execution by Jerrie Alexander The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats, #1) by Sorcha Black Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) by Cynthia Eden

Preferred Genre: Erotica, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary Romance

I pick Dane's Storm by Mia Sheridan and Blood Fury (Black Dagger Legacy, #3) by J.R. Ward Bonus: Everything for Her (For Her #1) by Alexa Riley for Ezinwanyi
Chelle picks Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) by Cynthia Eden and Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3) by Nora Roberts and bonus: Exit to Eden by Anne Rampling for me

message 14: by Erica (last edited Mar 20, 2018 02:30PM) (new)

Erica | 935 comments Erica's April Dusty Bookshelf

The Princess Bride by William Goldman Cockroaches (Harry Hole, #2) by Jo Nesbø Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) by Jodi Picoult The Seven Rules of Elvira Carr by Frances Maynard The Killing Bay (Faroes #2) by Chris Ould Commonwealth by Ann Patchett The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz See Also Deception (Marjorie Trumaine Mystery, #2) by Larry D. Sweazy A Beginner's Guide to Paradise 9 Steps to Giving Up Everything So You Too Can Move to a South Pacific Island, Wear a Loincloth, Read a Hundred Books, Diaper a Baby Monkey, Build a Bungalow, by Alex Sheshunoff Romantic Outlaws The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft and Her Daughter Mary Shelley by Charlotte Gordon

I pick After the Night by Linda Howard and The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen for fleurette, with a bonus pick of Shadows Return (Nightrunner, #4) by Lynn Flewelling .
Ezinwanyi picks Cockroaches (Harry Hole, #2) by Jo Nesbø and The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz for me, with a bonus pick of The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz .

Preferred genres: mystery, biography, fantasy

message 15: by ☘KathyD☘ (last edited Apr 16, 2018 06:14AM) (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 900 comments KathyD’s April Dusty Bookshelf
Creed (Unfinished Hero, #2) by Kristen Ashley Dangerous Highlander (Dark Sword, #1) by Donna Grant Easy Love (Boudreaux, #1) by Kristen Proby Filthy Beautiful Lies (Filthy Beautiful Lies, #1) by Kendall Ryan Ink Inspired (Montgomery Ink, #0.5) by Carrie Ann Ryan Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Revenant (Lords of Deliverance, #6; Demonica, #12) by Larissa Ione Tempest Rising (Rising Storm #1) by Julie Kenner

preferred genres (preferably a book that is on audio)
paranormal/erotica/contemporary

For Denise, I chose: Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare and Mistress of the Dancing Bones by Thomas Alexander . . . A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle (bonus)

For me, MJ chose: Easy Love (Boudreaux, #1) by Kristen Proby and Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton ... Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward (bonus)

message 16: by Debbie (last edited Mar 20, 2018 11:36AM) (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 986 comments Debbie G's bookshelf

Reading Up a Storm (Lighthouse Library Mystery #3) by Eva Gates A Fatal Fleece (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #6) by Sally Goldenbaum Summer at the Lake (Family Saga, #1) by Andrew M. Greeley A Russian Princess Remembers by Ekaterina Meshcherskaya A Common Life The Wedding Story (Mitford Years, #6) by Jan Karon Statue of Limitations (Den of Antiquity, #11) by Tamar Myers Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (Meg Langslow, #4) by Donna Andrews Poisoned Prose (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #5) by Ellery Adams

preferred genre Chick Lit or Cozy Mystery

I pick for Ashly Lost Boy The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1) by Layla Reyne Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
Ashly picks for me

message 17: by Zuzana (last edited Mar 25, 2018 06:06AM) (new)

Zuzana | 1057 comments Zuzana's April 2018 Dusty Bookshelf
The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman Morality for Beautiful Girls (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, #3) by Alexander McCall Smith Evil Under the Sun (Hercule Poirot, #24) by Agatha Christie Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden Life of Pi by Yann Martel Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov Agent Storm My Life Inside al Qaeda and the CIA by Morten Storm Vets Might Fly by James Herriot The Silver Pigs (Marcus Didius Falco, #1) by Lindsey Davis

Preferred Genre: Historical mystery

Denise picks for me: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden Agent Storm My Life Inside al Qaeda and the CIA by Morten Storm & What Angels Fear (Sebastian St. Cyr, #1) by C.S. Harris

I pick for Penumbra : Dear Alex by Clare London Delivery with a Smile (Delivery with a Smile, #1) by Megan Derr & Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher

message 18: by Karina (last edited Mar 20, 2018 12:19PM) (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Karina's April Dusty Bookshelf

Jade City (The Green Bone Saga #1) by Fonda Lee The Black Tides of Heaven (Tensorate #1) by J.Y. Yang Summer in Orcus by T. Kingfisher The Cold Between (Central Corps, #1) by Elizabeth Bonesteel City of Miracles (The Divine Cities, #3) by Robert Jackson Bennett Into the Drowning Deep (Rolling in the Deep, #1) by Mira Grant All Those Explosions Were Someone Else's Fault by James Alan Gardner The Twilight Pariah by Jeffrey Ford

Preferred genre: Horror

For Theo, I pick: Wild From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed Grime and Punishment (Jane Jeffry, #1) by Jill Churchill + Other Minds The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness by Peter Godfrey-Smith
For me, Connie N. picks: The Cold Between (Central Corps, #1) by Elizabeth Bonesteel The Twilight Pariah by Jeffrey Ford + Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke

message 19: by Theo (last edited Mar 20, 2018 04:42PM) (new)

Theo | 1762 comments Theo's April 2018 Dusty Bookshelf

(view spoiler)

I pick for Joyce: Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman Bag of Bones by Stephen King Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
Karina picks for me: Wild From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed Grime and Punishment (Jane Jeffry, #1) by Jill Churchill Other Minds The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness by Peter Godfrey-Smith

message 20: by Connie N. (last edited Apr 12, 2018 09:31AM) (new)

Connie N. | 443 comments Connie N.'s April 2018 Dusty Bookshelf

Breakfast in Bed (Bed & Breakfast #1) by Sandra Brown The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen (Dix Dodd Mystery, #1) by N.L. Wilson Chocolat (Chocolat, #1) by Joanne Harris Enemy Lover by Pamela Kent House of Mirrors by Yvonne Whittal Murder Runs in the Family (Southern Sisters, #3) by Anne George Old World Murder (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) by Kathleen Ernst The Secret of the Wooden Lady (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #27) by Carolyn Keene The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4) by C.S. Lewis Win Me Over (Hearts and Crafts, #2) by Nicole Michaels

Bonus Genre: Romance

I pick for Karina: The Cold Between (Central Corps, #1) by Elizabeth Bonesteel The Twilight Pariah by Jeffrey Ford Bonus: Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke

Rachel picks for me: Old World Murder (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) by Kathleen Ernst The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4) by C.S. Lewis Bonus: On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young
The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis - 4/12/18 ♥♥♥♥

message 21: by Karen D (last edited Mar 20, 2018 08:33AM) (new)

Karen D | 111 comments Karen's April Dusty bookshelf

Priestdaddy A Memoir by Patricia Lockwood Wreckage by Emily Bleeker Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy #1) by T.R. Ragan Paperbacks from Hell The Twisted History of '70s and '80s Horror Fiction by Grady Hendrix Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert Killer Choice by Tom Hunt An Engineered Injustice (Philadelphia Legal #2) by William L. Myers Jr. Poisonfeather (Gibson Vaughn, #2) by Matthew FitzSimmons Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3) by Kathy Reichs Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi

Preferred genre: horror or thriller

I pick Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman , Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer , and Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King for Jenn
Fleurette picks Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3) by Kathy Reichs , Killer Choice by Tom Hunt , and The Sleeping Doll (Kathryn Dance, #1) by Jeffery Deaver for me.

message 22: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Mar 20, 2018 04:00PM) (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 935 comments Jenny's April Dusty Bookshelf

Dlyn picks for me: The Fast and the Furriest (Second Chance Cat Mystery #5) by Sofie Ryan , The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk, #1) by Dean Koontz and This Pen for Hire (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #1) by Laura Levine

I picked for Chelle - Steampunk Poe by Edgar Allan Poe , The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and either The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire, #1) by Clay Griffith or Nefertiti's Heart (Artifact Hunters, #1) by A.W. Exley

20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND AND THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS by Lewis Carroll The Fast and the Furriest (Second Chance Cat Mystery #5) by Sofie Ryan The Gates of Evangeline (Charlotte Cates, #1) by Hester Young Gods in the Mist by Virgil Renzulli A Matter of Loyalty (A Very English Mystery #3) by Anselm Audley The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman A Run for Love (Oklahoma Lovers #1) by Callie Hutton The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk, #1) by Dean Koontz Mississippi Blood (Penn Cage, #6) by Greg Iles

Preferred Genre: Cozy Mystery or Historical Fiction

message 23: by tachyon (last edited Mar 27, 2018 07:38AM) (new)

tachyon (mj2778) MJ's April Dusty Bookshelf

MJ's April Dusty Bookshelf

The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #1) by Liu Cixin Nightwood by Djuna Barnes Kinder Than Solitude by Yiyun Li Black Snow by Mikhail Bulgakov The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1) by Robin Sloan Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin Fool on the Hill by Matt Ruff A Dirty Job (Grim Reaper, #1) by Christopher Moore Just My Type A Book About Fonts by Simon Garfield

Preferred Genre: Sci-fi

For KathyD I pick: Easy Love (Boudreaux, #1) by Kristen Proby Creed (Unfinished Hero, #2) by Kristen Ashley Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

message 24: by Rachel (last edited Mar 20, 2018 04:16PM) (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia A. McKillip Journey Across the Hidden Islands by Sarah Beth Durst White Bodies by Jane Robins The Blind Owl by Sadegh Hedayat A Song for Quiet (Persons Non Grata, #2) by Cassandra Khaw The End of Temperance Dare by Wendy Webb Mysteries of Alien Visitors and Abductions by Kathryn Walker Elizabeth and Zenobia by Jessica Miller The Hole by Hye-Young Pyun Alone by Cyn Balog

Preferred Genre: Horror, Thriller, Mystery - preferably by a woman :)

Jenn picks for me:
White Bodies by Jane Robins & Alone by Cyn Balog Bonus Pick: The Girl Who Was Taken by Charlie Donlea

I pick for Connie :
Old World Murder (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) by Kathleen Ernst The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4) by C.S. Lewis and with a bonus book of:
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young

message 25: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Mar 20, 2018 11:10AM) (new)

Erica's April Dusty Bookshelf.."
@Erica:

I chose Cockroaches (Harry Hole, #2) by Jo Nesbø because the name of the book stood out to me. I chose The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz because I enjoyed the story.

Bonus pick ~ Mystery: The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz . Same author but different genre

message 26: by Jenn (last edited Mar 20, 2018 07:30AM) (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 532 comments Rachel- I didn't really know any on your list very well, so I hope you enjoy the ones I picked!

I pick: White Bodies by Jane Robins & Alone by Cyn Balog Bonus Pick: The Girl Who Was Taken by Charlie Donlea

message 27: by Karen D (new)

Karen D | 111 comments Jenn,

I pick for you Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman because I've enjoyed the other Gayle Forman books I've read, and Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer because it was a pretty cover :)

For your preferred genre, I choose Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King because I just finished it and loved it! (It's massive but so worth it!)

message 28: by fleurette (new)

fleurette | 48 comments Hi, Karen

I pick for you Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3) by Kathy Reichs Killer Choice by Tom Hunt

And The Sleeping Doll (Kathryn Dance, #1) by Jeffery Deaver as a bonus

message 29: by Chelle (last edited Mar 20, 2018 08:15AM) (new)

Chelle (chellerydz) | 442 comments Karen ♐ wrote: "Karen♐'s Dusty Bookshelf - April"

Karen♐, I pick for you Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3) by Nora Roberts and Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) by Cynthia Eden (they both look good) with a bonus genre pick of Exit to Eden by Anne Rampling ( I really liked this one when I read it back in the 90s)

I hope you like them.

Chelle

message 30: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 900 comments Hi Denise!

For April, I am choosing Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare and Mistress of the Dancing Bones by Thomas Alexander . . . A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle (bonus)

message 31: by Karen D (new)

Karen D | 111 comments fleurette wrote: "Hi, Karen

I pick for you Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3) by Kathy ReichsKiller Choice by Tom Hunt

And The Sleeping Doll (Kathryn Dance, #1) by Jeffery Deaver as a bonus"

Thanks!!

message 32: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Hi Denise!

For April, I am choosing Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare and Mistress of the Dancing Bones by Thomas Alexander . . . A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle (bonus)"

Thank you, looking forward to them! :)

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Connie

I select from your shelf: Old World Murder (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #1) by Kathleen Ernst The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #4) by C.S. Lewis

and with a bonus book of:
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young
which I found on a best romance books list and I see it's on your shelf too :)

message 34: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Zuzana,

My picks for you: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden , which I remember liking a lot, and Agent Storm My Life Inside al Qaeda and the CIA by Morten Storm , which sounds very intriguing and promptly went to my TBR.

As a bonus, the first book in one of my favourite historical mystery series: What Angels Fear (Sebastian St. Cyr, #1) by C.S. Harris

Hope you enjoy them!

message 35: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 443 comments Hi Karina, For you I pick The Cold Between (Central Corps, #1) by Elizabeth Bonesteel and The Twilight Pariah by Jeffrey Ford

Bonus: Mind of Winter by Laura Kasischke

message 36: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 443 comments Thanks so much, Rachel. I'm looking forward to getting going on April's picks. And On Dublin Street has been recommended to me before. Looks like it's time to move it further up my list.

message 37: by Theo (new)

Theo | 1762 comments Joyce

From your Dusty Bookshelf, I'll pick Murder Mysteries by Neil Gaiman and Bag of Bones by Stephen King

I haven't read either, but I've liked other things that I've read by both authors.

For your bonus, I'll give you the option of adult or YA: Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 38: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Theo, I pick for you:
Wild From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed Grime and Punishment (Jane Jeffry, #1) by Jill Churchill

I haven’t read those ones - but the bonus pick was one of my favourite nonfic reads last year:

Other Minds The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness by Peter Godfrey-Smith

message 39: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 986 comments Ashly, I pick for you Lost Boy The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry and Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #1) by Layla Reyne and for your preferred genre...I read this last year and couldn't put it down Digital Fortress by Dan Brown

message 40: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 77 comments Jammin Jenny, hello there. I pick for you:

The Fast and the Furriest (Second Chance Cat Mystery #5) by Sofie Ryan & The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk, #1) by Dean Koontz . I love cat mysteries and Dean is one of my favorite thriller writers!

For an extra bonus, I choose This Pen for Hire (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #1) by Laura Levine - the Jaine Austen cozy series is one of my all-time favorite series. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

message 41: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 532 comments Karen wrote: "Jenn,

I pick for you Just One Year (Just One Day, #2) by Gayle Forman because I've enjoyed the other Gayle Forman books I've read, and Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer because it was a pretty cover :) ..."

Thank you! And I've been wanting to read Sleeping Beauties!

message 42: by Erica (new)

Erica | 935 comments fleurette, I pick After the Night by Linda Howard by Linda Howard and The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen by Iris Johansen for you, with a bonus pick of Shadows Return (Nightrunner, #4) by Lynn Flewelling (Nightrunner #4) by Lynn Flewelling because it looks like a series you have enjoyed.

message 43: by Erica (new)

Erica | 935 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "Erica's April Dusty Bookshelf.."
@Erica:
I chose Cockroaches (Harry Hole, #2) by Jo Nesbø because the name of the book stood out to me. I chose The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz because I enjoyed the ..."

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to all of these, but it will take me more than a month to get to them all...

message 44: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Mar 20, 2018 03:57PM) (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 935 comments Chelle

For you I pick The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Steampunk Poe by Zdenko Bašić

For your bonus book I pick: The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire, #1) by Clay Griffith - I loved this series. If you've already read it then I suggest Nefertiti's Heart (Artifact Hunters, #1) by A.W. Exley

message 45: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Jenn wrote: "Rachel- I didn't really know any on your list very well, so I hope you enjoy the ones I picked!

I pick: White Bodies by Jane Robins & Alone by Cyn Balog Bonus Pick: [bookcover:The Gi..."

Thank you so much Jenn!! Those are perfect :) I am excited to read them!

message 46: by Theo (last edited Mar 20, 2018 04:39PM) (new)

Theo | 1762 comments Karina wrote: "Theo, I pick for you:
Wild From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl StrayedGrime and Punishment (Jane Jeffry, #1) by Jill Churchill

I haven’t read those ones - but the bonus pick was one of my f..."

Thanks Karina! That bonus pick sounds very interesting.

message 47: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (eternity21) | 580 comments Hi Dlynn I pick the books: A Court of Thorns and Roses and Close Your Eyes

I pick: Twin of Fire or Outlander

message 48: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 77 comments Joyce wrote: "Hi Dlynn I pick the books: A Court of Thorns and Roses and Close Your Eyes

I pick: Twin of Fire or Outlander"

Thanks so much! I like your picks for me very much :)

message 49: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 935 comments Dlyn wrote: "Jammin Jenny, hello there. I pick for you:

The Fast and the Furriest (Second Chance Cat Mystery #5) by Sofie Ryan & The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk, #1) by Dean Koontz. I love cat mysteries and Dean is one of my favorite thriller wri..."

Thank you! Those look great for me.!

message 50: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 139 comments For Debbie, I pick Reading Up a Storm (Lighthouse Library Mystery #3) by Eva Gates & Poisoned Prose (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #5) by Ellery Adams . Bonus A Common Life The Wedding Story (Mitford Years, #6) by Jan Karon I picked another from your list because I haven't read any cozy mystery or chick-lit.

« previous 1