YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Cold Brew (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Beatrice (last edited Jan 05, 2018 06:22PM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Team members:

Dannii ✔️
Beatrice ✔️
Julianne ✔️
Fuzaila ✔️
Aly ✔️
Carolina ✔️
Kaya ✔️
Akshaya✔️
Shae ✔️

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Hello teammates! How are y'all?

message 3: by Dannii (last edited Jan 31, 2018 01:19PM) (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Hi everyone. I'm Dannii. These are all my planned reads for the month. Let me know if there is anything you would like to buddy read :)

TBR:
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #2) by Melinda Salisbury The Scarecrow Queen (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #3) by Melinda Salisbury The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Her by Harriet Lane The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar The Girl in The Tower (The Bear and the Nightingale #2) by Katherine Arden The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale

Currently reading:
Complete Fairy Tales & Stories by Hans Christian Andersen Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak Queens of the Conquest England’s Medieval Queens by Alison Weir Daily Writing Resilience 365 Meditations & Inspirations for Writers by Bryan Robinson

Completed books:
The Memory Chamber by Holly Cave Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling Bored and Brilliant How Time Spent Doing Nothing Changes Everything by Manoush Zomorodi The Joy of Mindful Writing Notes to inspire creative awareness by Joy Kenward The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwell The World of Lore Monstrous Creatures by Aaron Mahnke The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Devil's Day by Andrew Michael Hurley Into the Water by Paula Hawkins How to Write a Book Proposal The Insider's Step-by-Step Guide to Proposals that Get You Published by Jody Rein A Monk's Guide to a Clean House and Mind by Shoukei Matsumoto The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Being a Writer Advice, Musings, Essays and Experiences From the World's Greatest Authors by Travis Elborough Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill A Whole New World (A Twisted Tale #1) by Liz Braswell Once Upon a Dream (Twisted Tales #2) by Liz Braswell As Old As Time (Twisted Tales, #3) by Liz Braswell Bad Sister by Sam Carrington One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey The Young Folks by J.D. Salinger Strange Weather by Joe Hill Jane on the Brain Exploring the Science of Social Intelligence with Jane Austen by Wendy Jones Write Smart, Write Happy How to Become a More Productive, Resilient and Successful Writer by Cheryl St. John The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1) by Melinda Salisbury The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine

message 4: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Hello Team Cold Brew! This is my first challenge and I'm so excited!

message 5: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Dannii wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Dannii. These are all my planned reads for the month. Let me know if there is anything you would like to buddy read :)

TBR:
Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak [bookcover:Grimm's ..."

You've already read 2 books this year? Awesome! I will totally read The Raven Boys and Shadow Queen with you.

message 6: by Fuzaila (new)

Fuzaila (feistyhijabi) | 1322 comments Checking in :)

message 7: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Aly wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Dannii. These are all my planned reads for the month. Let me know if there is anything you would like to buddy read :)

TBR:
Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak [boo..."

One was only partly read in 2018 but we'll still get a few page points for it :) What dates did you want to BR them? I'm fine with any.

message 8: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Aly wrote: "Hello Team Cold Brew! This is my first challenge and I'm so excited!"

Ahh that is exciting! I hope you have lots of fun :)

message 9: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Fuzaila wrote: "Checking in :)"

Hello, Fuzaila :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

checking in.

message 11: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Dannii wrote: "Aly wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Dannii. These are all my planned reads for the month. Let me know if there is anything you would like to buddy read :)

TBR:
[bookcover:Doctor Zhivago|29..."

I can do one about the 10th or so. The other maybe more toward the end of the month. 21st?

message 12: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Aly wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Aly wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Dannii. These are all my planned reads for the month. Let me know if there is anything you would like to buddy read :)

TBR:
[bookcover:Do..."

Sounds good to me. Want to do The Raven Boys on the 10th and The Shadow Queen on the 21st?

message 13: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Hi. :)

Checking in.

message 14: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Hi.

My readings for the month are:

Currently reading:

The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3) by Emily R. King Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan

Already established BRs:

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black (started January 2nd): https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Lost Boy The True Story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry (will start January 6th): https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I asked to restart BRs:

Night Film by Marisha Pessl : https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray : https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2) by Libba Bray : https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3) by Libba Bray : https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Looking for BRs:

Filhos da Degradação (Ordem Vermelha, #1) by Felipe Castilho The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia A. McKillip Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman

I want to read, but I don't know if I'll have the time:

ReWired by S.R. Johannes Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor

message 15: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments Carolina wrote: "Hi.

Currently reading:

The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3) by Emily R. King Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan

Already established BRs:

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black (started Jan..."

Hey Carolina, I saw your posts on the diviners series thread and I just wanted to let you know that if you only post on the thread, the mods won't know to reset it. For any of your buddy reads post the book, date you want to start and the thread on the January 2018 planning thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 16: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Andrea wrote: "Carolina wrote: "Hi.

Currently reading:

Already established BRs:

[bookcover:The Cruel Prince|26032..."

Thank you!!! :)

I'm still learning how everything works. XD

message 17: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14306 comments No problem! :)

message 19: by Kaya (new)

Kaya Hi guys! It's my first challenge too, so I'm excited to get started!

message 20: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Kaya wrote: "Hi guys! It's my first challenge too, so I'm excited to get started!"

Hi Kaya :) I hope you enjoy!

message 21: by Akshaya (new)

Akshaya V | 4 comments Hi ,
Cheking in

message 22: by Akshaya (new)

Akshaya V | 4 comments My readings for the month areGoing La LaHuckleberry FinnNight School

message 23: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Hello Kaya and Akshaya! 😊🙌🏼

message 24: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Dannii wrote: "Aly wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Aly wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Dannii. These are all my planned reads for the month. Let me know if there is anything you would like to buddy read :)

TBR:
[..."

Yes! Sorry I forgot to reply. I'm spacey

message 25: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments For anyone interested in BR Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman , there's a new one starting January 9th: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 26: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83315 comments Mod
Adding Shae to your team ☺

message 27: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Akshaya wrote: "Hi ,
Cheking in"

Hi, Akshaya :) I can BR Huckleberry Finn with you if you wanted to?

message 28: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Carolina wrote: "For anyone interested in BR Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman, there's a new one starting January 9th: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/......"

I wish I had this book! Sounds like such a good read.

message 29: by Carolina (new)

Carolina Figueiredo (ghani_chan) | 400 comments Dannii wrote: "I wish I had this book! Sounds like such a good read. "

I pre-ordered the ebook. It's easier. :)

message 30: by Shae (new)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Hey guys! Checking in :)

message 31: by Kaya (new)

Kaya Here are my planned reads, if anyone wants to buddy read!
City of Bones
The Final Empire

message 32: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Hi, Shae!

Really want to read both of those, Kaya, but not sure I have any reading time left this month 😂

message 33: by Shae (new)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments I don’t have any set plans as I am getting back into reading (have had two months off challenges and reading haha) but am currently reading The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen :)

message 34: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Hi guys! I just want to let you know I'm taking a time off. I'm not feeling well lately and I'm emotionally exhausted. I'll be back in a few days. Happy reading guys!

My reading continues but it's gonna be slow.

message 35: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Beatrice wrote: "Hi guys! I just want to let you know I'm taking a time off. I'm not feeling well lately and I'm emotionally exhausted. I'll be back in a few days. Happy reading guys!

My reading continues but it'..."

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Try not stress and take time to look after yourself <3

message 36: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Dannii wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Hi guys! I just want to let you know I'm taking a time off. I'm not feeling well lately and I'm emotionally exhausted. I'll be back in a few days. Happy reading guys!

My reading ..."

Thank you Dannii 💖 I've been emotionally and mentally stressed lately. I'm feeling slightly better. 😊

message 37: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Beatrice wrote: "Dannii wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Hi guys! I just want to let you know I'm taking a time off. I'm not feeling well lately and I'm emotionally exhausted. I'll be back in a few days. Happy reading guys..."

Oh bless you! Just take each day at your own speed and I'm always here if you need anyone to chat to :)

message 38: by Shae (new)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Oh Beatrice, take some time out and read for leisure! dont put any pressure on yourself to meet any expectations. Your health is more important to us :) and we are all here because we love to read, so make sure your doing it because of that too. Look after yourself <3 xx

message 39: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Thank you lovelies! Just dropping by here real quick. For now, I have to take some bed rest and tests as per doctor's advice. I'll be better soon and gonna stay healthy. 😊💖

message 40: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments So this is my first team challenge. How do I record my points? I saw the post about how to earn points, but do we post that here?

message 41: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Beatrice wrote: "Thank you lovelies! Just dropping by here real quick. For now, I have to take some bed rest and tests as per doctor's advice. I'll be better soon and gonna stay healthy. 😊💖"

Hope you feel better soon, Beatrice. Take all the time you need :)

message 42: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Aly wrote: "So this is my first team challenge. How do I record my points? I saw the post about how to earn points, but do we post that here?"

Hey, Aly if you go to the review thread (here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...) you can record your finished books and Sarah will calculate your points whenever she is next on :)

The very first post in the thread will show you how to set your own post out like. You need to link to your review of the book, the buddy read thread if you did one, and link to the edition of the book with the highest number of pages (it doesn't matter if this is the edition that you read or not) for maximum points.

Hope that made sense :)

message 43: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 9521 comments Dannii wrote: "Aly wrote: "So this is my first team challenge. How do I record my points? I saw the post about how to earn points, but do we post that here?"

Hey, Aly if you go to the review thread (here: https:..."

That's so helpful! Thank you.

message 44: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments No worries :) just saw your posts and they were done perfectly :)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry for not talking much!! I am now out of my reading slump so I should be able to help out more

message 46: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Julianne wrote: "Sorry for not talking much!! I am now out of my reading slump so I should be able to help out more"

Oh no! Reading slumps are the worst. Glad you're out of one now :)

message 47: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83315 comments Mod
Hello Team Cold Brew ☺ Just wanted to let you know that I have messaged Shae and Akshaya to check in with them as we are 2 weeks into the challenge and they haven't posted any reviews yet. Just wanted to let you know what was going on ☺

message 48: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Thank you, Sarah :)

message 49: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5353 comments Hey guys, I'm back! I'm feeling better and got some rest. :) As for my reading, I'm 61% done on The Man in the Black Suit and I'm on page 221 on Most of All You. I'll finish hopefully by this week.

message 50: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8328 comments Beatrice wrote: "Hey guys, I'm back! I'm feeling better and got some rest. :) As for my reading, I'm 61% done on The Man in the Black Suit and I'm on page 221 on Most of All You. I'll finish hopefully by this week."

Hi, Beatrice! So glad you're back and are feeling better :)

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.