YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #6)
This topic is about The Ersatz Elevator
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > A Series Of Unfortunate Events By Lemony Snicket - Reading from 'The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events #6)' from December 13th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 302 (302 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Dear Reader,

I'm sorry to say that the book you are holding in your hands is extremely unpleasant. It tells an unhappy tale about three very unlucky children. Even though they are charming and clever, the Baudelaire siblings lead lives filled with misery and woe. From the very first page of this book when the children are at the beach and receive terrible news, continuing on through the entire story, disaster lurks at their heels. One might say they are magnets for misfortune.

In this short book alone, the three youngsters encounter a greedy and repulsive villain, itchy clothing, a disastrous fire, a plot to steal their fortune, and cold porridge for breakfast.

It is my sad duty to write down these unpleasant tales, but there is nothing stopping you from putting this book down at once and reading something happy, if you prefer that sort of thing.

With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket

Courtney | 11449 comments Starting this Now.

Courtney | 11449 comments Chapter one It is so sad kids actually go through this.

message 4: by Courtney (last edited Jul 07, 2016 10:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Courtney | 11449 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11449 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11449 comments Finished. This is not as sad as I remember it being the firat time I read it in middle school, but it still tugs at you heart.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

10% (view spoiler)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

35% (view spoiler)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

64% (view spoiler)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished. (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11449 comments Cinthia wrote: "Finished. [spoilers removed]"

It sucks because it is obvious Olaf only cares about the money.

message 12: by Natalie (last edited Jul 10, 2016 10:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Natalie B | 1927 comments are we starting from the first book

Natalie B | 1927 comments Am on Ch 5 of books 1
I'm finding this book really interesting

Natalie B | 1927 comments I am now on chapter 10 and it's booked isn't what I remembered it to be when I was younger it's a lot more devious then I remember I'm really liking it can't wait to read the next books after I finish this one

message 15: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments starting right now

message 16: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments Page 33 (view spoiler)

Natalie B | 1927 comments Finished this book when are we starting the second books

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket 25% (view spoiler)

Natalie B | 1927 comments I well start the Second one today and when I finish that the next one

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket 56% (view spoiler)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket 71% (view spoiler)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2) by Lemony Snicket Finished... (view spoiler)

Natalie B | 1927 comments This was my favourite book when I was younger as I love Montgomery

Natalie B | 1927 comments (view spoiler)

Natalie B | 1927 comments Finished start the third book later

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

He is obsessed with them. Well I should say their money.

Natalie B | 1927 comments On ch3 book 3

message 28: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Mar 22, 2017 04:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85328 comments Mod
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting April 10th 2017. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 48494 comments Mod
Might read this a little earlier. We'll see :)

Yeah I probably will. It'll be in 1 sitting too XD It's so short.

message 31: by Coreen (new)

Coreen (astheplotthickens) Starting this series today! A bit early I know but I just can't wait to watch the TVS :)

message 32: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8599 comments I feel like the last person on earth to read this series so I am excited to binge them, this month :)

message 33: by Coreen (new)

Coreen (astheplotthickens) Dannii wrote: "I feel like the last person on earth to read this series so I am excited to binge them, this month :)"

It's my first time reading them too

Natalie B | 1927 comments Hi I would love to read The Vile Village when u get up 2 it

message 35: by Lee (new)

Lee | 1443 comments I would also like to join this. This series is fabulous and I miss it.

message 36: by Maddie (last edited Apr 06, 2017 03:23PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Oh yay a big bunch of people :D

Will anyone else be binging them with Dannii? Because I don't think I can XD

But yeah I'll start this one in the next few days :) I should get my current little novella finished today and my next book started, and then finished tomorrow. Then I'll get onto this :) Unfortunately I don't have #2 to read straight after, but I'll be picking that up on Thursday. I've also read 3-5 sitting on my shelf, just waiting on #2 haha. Also got a few really big books to squish in somewhere too XD

message 37: by Maddie (last edited Apr 06, 2017 04:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Oh wow, no updates throughout the book? You might need to post some more if you want to count it for a br in the monthly challenge XD

I'm 4% into my current read, and I'm planning on reading a lot today, so I'll definitely get to this tomorrow.

message 38: by Coreen (new)

Coreen (astheplotthickens) @maddison- I figured as much. Lol It has to be a minimu of four update right?

message 39: by Coreen (last edited Apr 07, 2017 01:26AM) (new)

Coreen (astheplotthickens) Since these books are really short reads. I decided to compile all my updates in one post for every single book. So my comment in this thread won't mess up your notifs. Here's the first one.

The Bad Beginning
Chapters 1 - 4
(view spoiler)

The Bad Beginning
Chapters 5 - 8
(view spoiler)

The Bad Beginning
Chapters 9 - 12
(view spoiler)

The Bad Beginning
Done
(view spoiler)

Ah awesome thanks :) At least I don't have to wait until the end now to read the spoilers XD I like the layout too!

And the last few books aren't as short. Did you get my message?

message 41: by Coreen (last edited Apr 07, 2017 01:28AM) (new)

Coreen (astheplotthickens) Second Book:

The Reptile Room
Chapters 1 - 4
(view spoiler)

The Reptile Room
Chapters 5 - 8
(view spoiler)

The Reptile Room
Chapter 6 - 12
(view spoiler)
Second Book:

The Reptile Room
Done
(view spoiler)

Oh wow how many have you read??

message 43: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8599 comments Coreen ♥ wrote: "Dannii wrote: "I feel like the last person on earth to read this series so I am excited to binge them, this month :)"

It's my first time reading them too"

Aww, yay! :)

message 44: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8599 comments Maddison wrote: "Oh wow, no updates throughout the book? You might need to post some more if you want to count it for a br in the monthly challenge XD

I'm 4% into my current read, and I'm planning on reading a lot..."

I'm hoping to start tomorrow, too!

message 45: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8599 comments Coreen ♥ wrote: "Since these books are really short reads. I decided to compile all my updates in one post for every single book. So my comment in this thread won't mess up your notifs. Here's the first one.

The B..."

I can't wait to read your updates once I've read the book!

Haha me too! These books will be ones I read in a day. Well the shorter ones anyway. I'm 40% through my current read, but then tomorrow I'll finish and hopefully read this one. Just depends how I feel XD

I've got to get my current read, this one and Crown's Game read by the 10th, because I have another 2 BRs starting then..

message 48: by Dannii (new)

Dannii Elle (danniiellereads) | 8599 comments As they are so short I'm hoping to read them inbetween other longer books, over the rest of the mo th.

I loved The Crown's Game. I hope you enjoy it :)

message 49: by Coreen (new)

Coreen (astheplotthickens) @Maddison- I think I'll finish the third book today as well. Tomorrow, the fourth and fifth. Hopefully

@Danii- I'm excited to see what you think of them!

@Dannii: Seems like I'd better request all of the books then XD I'll be trying to squish them in where I can so I can try and keep up with you guys!

@Coreen: I didn't know you read so quickly!! How do you have the time?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.