The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > ⚜Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Feb 24, 2016 03:47AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4389 comments Mod
description

As you may or may not know, I consider myself a gamer. When I found out about this holiday, I knew I had to do it for a challenge! Did you know that March 10 is Mario Day? Written in abbreviated form, this date reads Mar. 10. Or, as it appeared to a Mr. Mario Fascitelli: MARIO. Fascitelli decided this quirk of the calendar was deserving of a holiday for people to celebrate the Marios in their lives. My first thought was of Mario of Donkey Kong/Mario Brothers fame!

Levels:
Goomba: 1-3 books
Koopa Troopa: 4-6 books
Hammer Brother: 7-9 books
Koopa Kid: 10+ books

How To:
You can choose to do the Short History portion, the Spell-Out portion, or Mix and Match them as you see fit. You can use the Title or Initials of the Author's Name to match your spell out option. Re-Reads are allowed, and there is no minimum page requirement

Short History:
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the title

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City

In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser: Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal

In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario: Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor

Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi: Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success: Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else.

Again in 1992, Super Mario Kart was released: Read a book where a character enjoys racing

Spell Out Option:
Donkey Kong
Mario
Luigi
Princess Toadstool, aka Princess Peach (using either name for your spell out is acceptable!)
Toad
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi

message 2: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Mar 28, 2016 09:11AM) (new)

⚜Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge
Duration: March 1st to March 31th, 2016
Level: Koopa Kid
Read: 12/12

Short History:
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the title: Need You for Mine by Marina Adair-3/15/16

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage: Heat Exchange by Shannon Stacy-3/3/16

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City: Holiday in Death by J. D. Robb-3/2/16

In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser: Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal

In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario: Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor: Dirty by Kylie Scott-3/4/16

Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi: Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking: Something in the Heir by Jenny Gardiner-3/17/16

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success: Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else: Slow Ride by Cathryn Fox-3/24/16

Again in 1992, Super Mario Kart was released: Read a book where a character enjoys racing

Spell Out Option:
B- The Bad Boy's Temptation by Lili Valente-3/14/16
O- One Wilde Night by Jenn Stark-3/25/16
W- Wielding a Red Sword by Piers Anthony-3/8/16
S- Serving Trouble by Sara Jane Stone-3/23/16
E- Endurance by Ann Aguirre-3/27/16
R- Conspiracy in Death by J.D. Robb-3/10/16

message 3: by Alana (last edited Mar 05, 2016 10:53PM) (new)

Alana (alockley) ♦TCF Foreman Assignments > ⚜Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge

Duration: March 1 to March 31
Level: Hammer Brothe
Completed: 2/9

Short History:
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the title

✔Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage
Whiskey Kisses 3/5/16

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City

✔In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser: Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal
Cross Justice 3/3/16

In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario: Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor

Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi: Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success: Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else.

Cross Justice (Alex Cross, #23) by James Patterson Whiskey Kisses (3 AM Kisses, #3) by Addison Moore

Spell Out Option:
Donkey Kong
Mario
Luigi
Princess Toadstool, aka Princess Peach (using either name for your spell out is acceptable!)
Toad
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi

message 4: by VampAmber (last edited Mar 30, 2016 10:02PM) (new)

VampAmber | 347 comments I still remember playing the original Mario Brothers game on my Atari. Of course I hafta get in on this. Not sure if I can finish it, but hey, it's the journey not the destination, etc, etc, etc...

Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge

Duration: 3/1/16-3/31/16
Level: Goomba (1-3 books)
Progress (history): 3/3 (completed)
Progress (spell out): 4/5

Short History:
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: The Wide Window finished 3/9/16

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Where the Heart Is finished 3/23/16

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Go Tell it on the Mountain finished 3/8/16

Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3) by Lemony Snicket Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts

Spell Out Option:

Y: You Wish finished 3/24/16
O: Of Mice and Men finished 3/18/16
S: The Summer I Became a Nerd finished 3/31/16
H:
I: The Imposter Bride: A Novel finished 3/29/16

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck You Wish by Mandy Hubbard The Imposter Bride A Novel by Nancy Richler The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

message 5: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Mar 28, 2016 02:29PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1340 comments Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge

Level: Koopa Kid (10+ books)
Progress (history): 7/8
Progress (spell out): 5/5

Short History:
✔Read a book that is third in a series - Promise Me the Stars 3/2 ★★★★

✔Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage - On Dublin Street 3/5 ★★★★

✔Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City Asking for Trouble 3/10 ★★★★

✔Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal: Necessary Risk 3/6 ★★★

✔Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor
Show No Fear 3/20 ★★★ (From Navy Seal to FBI)

✔Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking Magic Rises 3/19 ★★★★★ (Several secondary characters go with Kate and Curran to Europe)

✔Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else. Someone to Watch Over Me 3/8 ★★★★★

Read a book where a character enjoys racing

Spell Out Option:

M The Darkest Hour by Maya Banks 3/17 ★★★
A After Midnight 3/22 ★★★
R Darkness by Karen Robards 3/24 ★★★★
I I'm Watching You 3/23 ★★★★★
O Officer off Limits 3/4 ★★★★

message 6: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments This looks fun! I love Mario Bros!

message 7: by ♦Ashley♦ (last edited Mar 26, 2016 11:47AM) (new)

♦Ashley♦ | 272 comments ⚜Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge
Level: Hammer Brother: 7-9 books
Read: 7/7-9

History

►The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the title.

►Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage.
The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre|3.18.16
The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) by A.R. Torre
MC rents apartment.
►In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City.

►In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser: Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal.
The Witches by Roald Dahl|3.10.16
The Witches by Roald Dahl
►In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario: Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor.
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane|3.17.16
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
Doctor character.
►Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi: Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking.

►In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success: Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else.
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld|3.14.16 MC Tally's friend Shay is jealous of Zane and Tally's relationship.
Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld
►Again in 1992, Super Mario Kart was released: Read a book where a character enjoys racing.

Spell Out
►Yoshi
Y - The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey|3.7.16
O
S - Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout|3.26.16
H - Host by Robin Cook|3.5.16
I

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Host by Robin Cook

message 8: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Mar 30, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 578 comments Foreman Trea ~ Mario Day Challenge
Level: Koopa Kid: 10+ books

12 read

Short History:
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the title Dirty Laundry ~ 3/13/16 ~ ★★★★

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage Status Update ~ 3/16/16 ~ ★★★★

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City Catch a Tiger by the Tail ~ 3/7/16 ~ ★★★★

In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser: Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal My Soul to Take ~ 3/4/16 ~ ★★★★★

In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario: Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor Maelstrom ~ 3/16/16 ~ ★★★★★

Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi: Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking My Soul to Save ~ 3/9/16 ~ ★★★★

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success: Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else. The Persistence of Memory ~ 3/11/16 ~ ★★★

Spell Out Option:
L - Laoch Rudadh ~ 3/12/16 ~ ★★★★
U - Until We Meet Once More ~ 3/6/16 ~ ★★★
I - If I Die ~ 3/25/16 ~ ★★★★★
G - Groomzilla ~ 3/23/16 ~ ★★
I - Inseparable ~ 3/25/16 ~ ★★★★

message 9: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (neverenoughbookss) | 65 comments Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge
Levels:
Goomba: 1-3 books
Koopa Troopa: 4-6 books
Koopa Kid: 10+ books

Read: /

History

►The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the title.

►Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage.

►In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City.

►In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser: Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal.

►In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario: Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor.

►Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi: Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking.

►In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success: Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else.

►Again in 1992, Super Mario Kart was released: Read a book where a character enjoys racing.
Spell Out Option:
Donkey Kong
Mario
Luigi
Toad
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi

message 10: by Diana S (last edited Mar 29, 2016 06:44PM) (new)

Diana S | 302 comments Mario Day Challenge
Level: Koopa Kid: (10+ books)
Books Read: 4

Spell-out: Princess Peach

Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff (3/15/16) 3.5 ★★★
R
I
N
C
E
Sebastian Barry's The Secret Scripture (3/20/16) ★★★★
S

P
E
A
Chelsea Pitcher's The S-Word (3/19/16) 3.5 ★★★
Haylie Duffy's The Real Girl's Kitchen (3/23/16) ★★★★

message 11: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 896 comments love mario!!

message 12: by LaurLa (last edited Mar 03, 2016 05:07PM) (new)

LaurLa | 2474 comments Foreman Trea- March Foreman Challenge
Mario Day

0 of 8 Complete

The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983:
Legal Briefs - N.M. Silber - third in series

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him:
The Venetian's Daring Seduction - Jennifer Blake - H is Italian

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City:
Holiday in Death - J.D Robb - set in NYC

In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser:
Keep Me Safe - Maya Banks - H's younger sister is rescued from a kidnapping

In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario:
Taking Charge - Mandy Baggot - h comes home after nine years to run a bar and hockey team

Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi:
☘ TBD - tag along

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success:
Sweet Water - Jeffrey Anna - MCs are on opposite sides of land development issue

Again in 1992, Super Mario Kart was released:
The Tuscan's Revenge Wedding - Jennifer Blake - h's brother races cars for a living

Legal Briefs (Lawyers in Love, #3) by N.M. Silber The Venetian's Daring Seduction (Italian Billionaires #2) by Jennifer Blake Holiday in Death (In Death, #7) by J.D. Robb Keep Me Safe (Slow Burn, #1) by Maya Banks Taking Charge by Mandy Baggot TBD Sweet Water by Anna Jeffrey The Tuscan's Revenge Wedding (Italian Billionaires, #1) by Jennifer Blake

message 13: by Bobbi (last edited Apr 08, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Bobbi  (schadenfreudian) | 282 comments Mario was my jam when I was little! -- Took me a bit to get around to updating my challenges, but all books were read before March 31st.

Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge
Level: Koopa Troopa 4-6 books
Read:
5/6

Short History:
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the title:

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage:

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City:

In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser: Vampire Academy

In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario: The Nightingale

Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi: Dragon Fall

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success: Blood Orchids

Again in 1992, Super Mario Kart was released: Read a book where a character enjoys racing:

Spell Out Option:
Y
o: Ours, Deborah Man o' War: A Legend Like Lightning
s
h
i

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah Dragon Fall (Dragon Falls, #1) by Katie MacAlister Blood Orchids (Lei Crime, #1) by Toby Neal Man o' War A Legend Like Lightning by Dorothy Ours

message 14: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 935 comments Okay, at first I wasn't going to try for this, but my daughter loves Mario so I'm gonna try for the Koopa Troopa level.

As of 3/21 (3/5)

Short History:
The 3 Gaps

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage
Harley Quinn Volume 1 - read 3/9 (Harley is not only a superhero??, but she's also a landlord in this paperback)
Harley Quinn, Vol. 1 Hot in the City by Amanda Conner

The Steel Kiss - read 3/14 - set in NYC
The Steel Kiss (Lincoln Rhyme, #12) by Jeffery Deaver

Technicolor Terrorists

Beauty & the Biker - read 3/10 (The MC loves the beauty, but another girl loves him so she's jealous)
Beauty & The Biker by Glenna Maynard

message 15: by Jonquil (last edited Mar 25, 2016 05:47PM) (new)

Jonquil | 693 comments Koopa Troopa: 4-6 books
Short History and Toad

8/6

DONE

Italian protagonist Death at La Fenice 3/20
has a rival Runaway Vampire 3/18
switches professions Runaway Vampire 3/24
is a landlord, rents an apartment Calamity Town 3/25

T The Third Policeman 3/11
O Outline 3/17
A Another Man's Treasure 3/6
D Devon Monk Magic on the Storm 3/21

message 16: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Jonquil wrote: "Koopa Troopa: 4-6 books
Short History and Toad

8/6

DONE

Italian protagonist Death at La Fenice 3/20
has a rival Runaway Vampire 3/18
switches professions..."

Congrats, Jonquil!

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1340 comments Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge

CHALLENGE COMPLETE 12/10+

Short History:
✔Read a book that is third in a series - Promise Me the Stars 3/2 ★★★★

✔Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage - On Dublin Street 3/5 ★★★★

✔Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City Asking for Trouble 3/10 ★★★★

✔Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal: Necessary Risk 3/6 ★★★

✔Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor
Show No Fear 3/20 ★★★ (From Navy Seal to FBI)

✔Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking Magic Rises 3/19 ★★★★★ (Several secondary characters go with Kate and Curran to Europe)

✔Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else. Someone to Watch Over Me 3/8 ★★★★★

Read a book where a character enjoys racing

Spell Out Option:

M The Darkest Hour by Maya Banks 3/17 ★★★
A After Midnight 3/22 ★★★
R Darkness by Karen Robards 3/24 ★★★★
I I'm Watching You 3/23 ★★★★★
O Officer off Limits 3/4 ★★★★

message 18: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

Danielle wrote: "Foreman Trea’s Mario Day Challenge

CHALLENGE COMPLETE 12/10+

Short History:
✔Read a book ..."

Congrats!

message 19: by ❀~Amy~❀ (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 578 comments Level: Koopa Kid: 10+ books

12 read - Done!!!

Short History:
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the title Dirty Laundry ~ 3/13/16 ~ ★★★★

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him: Read a book where someone is a landlord, rents an apartment, or has Italian heritage Status Update ~ 3/16/16 ~ ★★★★

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City: Read a book with a plumber hero or that is set in New York City Catch a Tiger by the Tail ~ 3/7/16 ~ ★★★★

In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser: Read a book where a character has to rescue another person or animal My Soul to Take ~ 3/4/16 ~ ★★★★★

In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario: Read a book where someone switches professions or is a doctor Maelstrom ~ 3/16/16 ~ ★★★★★

Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi: Read a book where a secondary character has to tag along on a trip the main characters are taking My Soul to Save ~ 3/9/16 ~ ★★★★

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success: Read a book where a character has a rival or is jealous of someone else. The Persistence of Memory ~ 3/11/16 ~ ★★★

Spell Out Option:
L - Laoch Rudadh ~ 3/12/16 ~ ★★★★
U - Until We Meet Once More ~ 3/6/16 ~ ★★★
I - If I Die ~ 3/25/16 ~ ★★★★★
G - Groomzilla ~ 3/23/16 ~ ★★
I - Inseparable ~ 3/25/16 ~ ★★★★

message 20: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

❀~Amy~❀ wrote: "Level: Koopa Kid: 10+ books

12 read - Done!!!

Short History:
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983: Read a book that is third in a series, 33rd in a series, or has three in the tit..."

Congrats!

message 21: by LaurLa (last edited Mar 30, 2016 06:34PM) (new)

LaurLa | 2474 comments All complete! Fun Challenge :-P

Foreman Trea- March Foreman Challenge - Mario Day

8 of 8 Complete

Legal Briefs - N.M. Silber - third in series - 03.12 ★★★★

Mario was originally known as Jumpman until Italian-American landlord, Mario Segale, had barged in on Nintendo of America's staff to demand rent, and they decided to name Jumpman after him:
The Venetian's Daring Seduction - Jennifer Blake - H is Italian - 03.09 ★★★

In the first game, Mario is portrayed as an Italian-American plumber who, along with his younger brother Luigi, has to defeat creatures that have been coming from the sewers below New York City:
Holiday in Death - J.D Robb - set in NYC - 03.16 ★★★★

In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser:
Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Dead - Lena Diaz - MCs rescue a teen from a serial killer - 03.28 ★★★

In 1990, Mario switched from being a plumber to being a Doctor in the game Dr. Mario:
Taking Charge - Mandy Baggot - h comes home after nine years to run a bar and hockey team - 03.09 ★★★

Also in 1990, the character of Yoshi was introduced to be a sidekick to Mario and Luigi:
No Place to Run - Maya Banks - CIA contact tags along with the team - 03.29 ★★★★

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success:
Sweet Water - Jeffrey Anna - MCs are on opposite sides of land development issue - 03.01 ★★★★

Again in 1992, Super Mario Kart was released:
The Tuscan's Revenge Wedding - Jennifer Blake - h's brother races cars for a living - 03.07 ★★★

Legal Briefs (Lawyers in Love, #3) by N.M. Silber The Venetian's Daring Seduction (Italian Billionaires #2) by Jennifer Blake Holiday in Death (In Death, #7) by J.D. Robb Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Dead (Deadly Games, #3) by Lena Diaz Taking Charge by Mandy Baggot No Place to Run (KGI, #2) by Maya Banks Sweet Water by Anna Jeffrey The Tuscan's Revenge Wedding (Italian Billionaires, #1) by Jennifer Blake

message 22: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

LaurLa wrote: "All complete! Fun Challenge :-P

Foreman Trea- March Foreman Challenge - Mario Day

8 of 8 Complete

✔..."

Thanks for saying so! Congrats on finishing!

message 23: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 896 comments Foreman Assignments — Foreman Trea
Mario Day

March 1–31, 2016
Level — Koopa Kid (10+ books)
Completed — 16!

Short History
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983 ➔ third in a series
Sought, Evangeline Anderson – 3/2/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

In 1985, there was a sequel released: Super Mario Brothers. The setting changes to the Mushroom Kingdom where you still play as Mario (or Luigi in two player mode), but have to rescue Princess Toadstool from Bowser ➔ features a character that rescues another person
Rapture, J.R. Ward – 3/4/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮

In 1992, the character of Wario was introduced into the games as the final boss and main antagonist. He is thought to be a rival of Mario and Luigi’s and jealous of their success ➔ character has a rival
Possession, J.R. Ward – 3/6/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Sought (Brides of the Kindred, #3) by Evangeline Anderson Rapture (Fallen Angels, #4) by J.R. Ward Possession (Fallen Angels, #5) by J.R. Ward

Spell Out
Pepper Winters — Sin & Suffer – 3/11/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
R.L. Mathewson — Playing for Keeps – 3/12/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮
Immortal, J.R. Ward – 3/9/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮
Nicole Stewart — Ink for Three – 3/18/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Coming Undone, Lauren Dane – 3/7/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮
Exquisite Trouble, Ann Mayburn – 3/14/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Stacey Kennedy — Desired – 3/14/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Samantha Young — Fall from India Place – 3/18/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰

Phenomenal X, Michelle A. Valentine – 3/8/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Evie Adams — Dominus Club - Submit: – 3/19/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Aiken, G.A. — Dragon Actually – 3/6/16 – ✮✮✮✮✰
Calmes, Mary — Frog – 3/19/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮
Hard Evidence, Pamela Clare – 3/21/16 – ✮✮✮✮✮
Sin & Suffer (Pure Corruption MC, #2) by Pepper Winters Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6) by J.R. Ward Ink for Three (Ink for Three #1) by Nicole Stewart Coming Undone (Brown Siblings, #2) by Lauren Dane Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1) by Ann Mayburn Desired (Club Sin, #3) by Stacey Kennedy Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4) by Samantha Young
Phenomenal X (Hard Knocks, #1) by Michelle A. Valentine Dominus Club - Submit (Billionaire BDSM Club #1) by Evie Adams Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken Frog by Mary Calmes Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2) by Pamela Clare

message 24: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Foreman Assignments — Foreman Trea
Mario Day

March 1–31, 2016
Level — Koopa Kid (10+ books)
Completed — 16!

Short History
The first Mario Brothers game was published in 1983 ➔ third in a series
[..."

Congrats!