Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BOOK DISCUSSIONS > The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments Hi! This is the discussion page for The Selection. Now I've already read it, but it's one of my favorites and I'd definitely read it again.

message 2: by Emma 🌻 (new)

Emma 🌻 (piscesreads) | 339 comments So excited to finally be reading this!

message 3: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Me too, Emma! Have you guys agreed on a start date yet?

message 4: by Emma 🌻 (new)

Emma 🌻 (piscesreads) | 339 comments Not that I know of! When works best for everyone?

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments Well as you probably know, I have to finish The Lightning Thief, and then we read The 5th Wave. So once we're finished with The Fifth Wave, you two will probably want to go onto Let it Snow. So depends on how long it takes for all of us to finish those books.

message 6: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments Hey guys! I am going to finish The Lightning Thief very soon, either tonight or tomorrow, so if you'd like to start The Selection sooner than predicted, then we can start it early.

message 7: by Sakari (new)

Sakari | 10 comments Okay.

message 8: by Matty (new)

Matty | 475 comments I'd love to join the read-a-long!(:

message 9: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments Ugh. I can't finish it tonight because I just got yelled at for reading too late at night... Sometimes I wish I was an adult already

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ella wrote: "Ugh. I can't finish it tonight because I just got yelled at for reading too late at night... Sometimes I wish I was an adult already "

Ella, I don't know how old you are or how late it was when you got yelled at, but I can remember when my daughter Heather was in the 5th grade and I woke up around 4:00 in the morning and her light was on, so I went to check on her and she was in bed sitting up reading. LOL I asked her why she was up so late and she said she just HAD to finish Gone with the Wind and she just couldn't go to bed until she knew the ending.

So you are among company with other book worms who stay up WAY to late to read a good book. :o) Hope it was a good one!

message 11: by Matty (new)

Matty | 475 comments When does everybody want to start it?:o

message 12: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments I literally have 78 pages left, so we could start today once I'm done, or we could start tomorrow. Depends on what the others think.

message 13: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I am okay with whenever :)

message 14: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments I'm done! So when would you guys like to start? Alberto, I know you'll be fine to start whenever, but what do you guys think?

message 15: by Matty (new)

Matty | 475 comments Same(: I'm fine with any day!

message 16: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments K I will join!

message 17: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments What about you, Sakari and Emma? Do you have a specific date?

message 18: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments I will have the book tomorrow! I just have to get it out of the library!

message 19: by Matty (new)

Matty | 475 comments Just a quick question, will we be reading all 3 books?

message 20: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments A few others and I were planning on reading The 5th Wave right after The Selection, and then Emma and Alberto were planning on reading Let it Snow by John Green and David Levithan, but if you'd all like to come back and read the other books, we can do that.

message 21: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments So when are we going to start the selection?

message 22: by Matty (new)

Matty | 475 comments Hopefully soon?

message 23: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments I could honestly start right now, and that's why I want to know what the others think (besides everyone who answered.)

message 24: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I am up for whenever, although I think that you guys had agreed on the eleventh, unless I am mistaken.

message 25: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I am up for whenever, although I think that you guys had agreed on the eleventh, unless I am mistaken.

message 26: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments The 10th was my due date to finish The Lightning Thief, but we can start the 11th. How's that for everyone?

message 27: by Matty (new)

Matty | 475 comments Sounds good!

message 28: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Ella wrote: "The 10th was my due date to finish The Lightning Thief, but we can start the 11th. How's that for everyone?"

Good with me :)

message 29: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments Ok

message 30: by Matty (new)

Matty | 475 comments Has anyone started reading this?

message 31: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments I have read a page

message 32: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments I'm at page 62, but I don't think I'm reading any more tonight since I have a party. :)

message 33: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments I'm on page 158!

message 34: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Hey guys! I'm done with the book since yesterday!

We can talk about it when you guys are done :)

message 35: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments I'm done the book!

message 36: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments I HATE ASPEN!!!!!

message 37: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Aspen?! I hate him too! I thought that America started getting annoyed after she found out she wanted to be with Maxon.

message 38: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Aspen?! I hate him too! I thought that America started getting annoyed after she found out she wanted to be with Maxon.

message 39: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments YA BUT THAN ASPEN SHOWS UP AS A GUARD AND STARTS KISSING HER AND SHE IS KISSING HIM BACK!!!!!!

message 40: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments Aspen is honestly so annoying. (And he only gets worse. I've read the whole series and I hate Aspen.) He literally always gets in the way.

message 41: by Ella (new)

Ella Westrich | 38 comments Also, sorry I haven't finished yet, I've been really busy with school and everything.

message 42: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments He really is annoying.

(view spoiler)

message 43: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments I know what happens at the end of The One!
I bet everyone hates Aspen!

message 44: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Are we going to keep on reading the series?

message 45: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments I am going to I am currently read the The Elite
right now

message 46: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Then I guess I should start it too! Haha

message 47: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments Ya it is really good so far

message 48: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments what part of The Selection did you like best

message 49: by Alberto (new)

Alberto (albertobalderass) | 575 comments Hm... Maybe the scene between America and Maxon when they realised they wanted each other.

message 50: by Olea (new)

Olea (divergentfourtris46) | 30 comments Mine is the scene where America is telling Maxon about what Aspen did to her

« previous 1