2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Read-a-thons > Third Read-a-Thon - TBR Book Tag

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod Assistant (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 403 comments Mod
Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, your first Read-a-Thon game/challenge! Since we're going to putting some dents in our TBR shelves this week, it seems the perfect time for a TBR tag!

TBR Book Tag

1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?

2. Do you use any special organization tactics to keep your TBR shelf organized?

3. How do you determine which books from your TBR pile to read next?

4. What book has been on your TBR shelf the longest?

5. What is the most recent book you added to your TBR shelf?

6. Show us a book on your TBR shelf just because it has a beautiful cover.

7. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you don't think you'll ever get around to reading?

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for?

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it?

10. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that were recommended to you?

message 2: by Zaz, Mood Minion (last edited Nov 30, 2015 04:02AM) (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod

2. Do you use any special organization tactics to keep your TBR shelf organized?
Yes, I've yearly to read shelves and to-read-next and next, plus book length (so if I want a short book...) and genres.

They are on the "next" shelf :p I can't say why they end there, probably because I own them or I want to read them very quickly.

Dragons of Autumn Twilight (added when I joined GR or something like this, in january 2013).

The Last Policeman (someone liked it in my timeline and it looked interesting)

Argh. Ok, one recent:
Crow Moon by Anna McKerrow

7. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you don't think you'll ever get around to reading?
Yes, some don't exist as ebooks and are not available as paper books, so I'll probably never read them.

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for?
Age of Myth, The Last Mortal Bond, The Remarkable Journey of Charlie Price, The Burning World

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it?
Cinder and some others.

Yes and I have a shelf for this :D
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 3: by Michelle, Mod Assistant (last edited Nov 30, 2015 09:13AM) (new)

1. How many books are on your TBR shelf? At present, and I say that because it seems to never stop growing, I have a whopping 743 books on my to-read shelf.

2. Do you use any special organization tactics to keep your TBR shelf organized? I have quite a few bookshelf tags for my books but, generally speaking, I don't use them until after I've read the book and know exactly (in my opinion) where to organize them.

3. How do you determine which books from your TBR pile to read next? I'd like to say there is a real method to my madness but, for the most part, it is a mood thing. This is why I struggle to stay committed to my reading plan - sometimes the mood dictates I read something else. ;) Sometimes the library plays a role in this. Gotta read 'em before they have to go back.

4. What book has been on your TBR shelf the longest? Seraphina by Rachel Hartman has been on my GoodReads to-read shelf the longest.

5. What is the most recent book you added to your TBR shelf? Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown is the book I added most recently.

6. Show us a book on your TBR shelf just because it has a beautiful cover. Just one? I wants all the covers! I'm going to go with two books from the same series because I just think they're absolutely gorgeous! I've read the first one but the second book is on my to-read shelf.

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray

7. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you don't think you'll ever get around to reading? I'd like to say no because admitting that I won't read all 743 books on my to-read shelf seems soul-crushing, but yes, I'm sure there are some I will never get around to. :x I do, every now and again, go through and delete books that I don't find as appealing now as I might have when I added them.

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for? So many! It seems there is a lot of good historical fiction/historical fantasy on the horizon in 2016 and I can't wait to sink my teeth into some of these. I'm also very excited for the conclusion of the 5th Wave series by Rick Yancey!

Here are a few I'm very anxious for:
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye Stone Field by Christy Lenzi The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine Three Dark Crowns (Untitled, #1) by Kendare Blake The Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it? I wouldn't say there is anything on my to-read shelf that was added only because someone else is reading it. I have some GoodReads friends who have similar tastes to my own and I may add things that they have added if the premise sounds good or add books they have read and enjoyed because I trust their opinions.

10. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that were recommended to you? Yes! Far too many to list them all. Some of them I look forward to reading and others feel like books I wouldn't probably have read if not for the recommendation which, naturally, makes me less inclined to read them.

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf? 720

2. Do you use any special organization tactics to keep your TBR shelf organized? nope, it's like my life...all over the place!

3. How do you determine which books from your TBR pile to read next? Which ever one sounds good at the time, so usually I'm stuck trying to decide between 3 or 4 different ones.

4. What book has been on your TBR shelf the longest? James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1) by G. Norman Lippert (added WAAAAYYYYY back in January of 2014

5. What is the most recent book you added to your TBR shelf? Untamed (Splintered, #3.5) by A.G. Howard (I just added this like 3 minutes ago because I realized that while answering number 6 I didn't have the rest of the series on my TBR).

6. Show us a book on your TBR shelf just because it has a beautiful cover. I have to go through 716 books? grr, ok... Unhinged (Splintered, #2) by A.G. Howard

7. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you don't think you'll ever get around to reading? haha, probably a good 1/4 of them!

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for? I think there is 1, maybe 2...clearly I'm not too excited for them since I can't remember though :P

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it? Yes, Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Stay With Me by Jenny Anastan

10. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that were recommended to you? probably about 1/3 or 1/2 of my current books were recommended, or at least the author was.

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf? 224

To make my 2016 challenge list, I created a few bookshelves, like series to start, to finish, dystopia, ya, etc. but I mostly use a spreadsheet to track my books.

I look at my plan and grab the book I want to read the most. Sometimes I plan 2 or 3 in advance if I got them as a discount, for example.

It was Red Dragon, added March 23, 2011, when I arrived on Goodreads, but I started it today! Yay, finally! I thought I would never manage it. So now it's The Silence of the Lambs.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing. I've been on and off about this book, but I feel I really have to much stuff in my home. I've already cleared out my too-big-for-me makeup collection (and made friends happy), but I'm interested in doing more. I've heard she says some crazy stuff too, so maybe I'll have a laugh ;)

I mostly want to read it because of its cover
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Definitely, though I'm sure I can be surprised as to which are going to suddenly appear on my currently reading shelf.

DOORS OF STONE!!!! Seriously Pat, we neeeed the rest of the story!
(Does that answer the question? Yes, I'm very excited

I mostly discover books because I hear someone talk about it, so a lot ;)

I recently added a lot of books after seeing them on your amazing plans for 2016!
Thanks guys ♥
And have a good read-a-thon!

message 6: by Ana A (new)

Ana A (anabana_a) | 414 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?

--Yup, it's mostly lists, like a list for required readings, 100 top sci-fi, Rory Gilmore Reading challenge, etc.

--I really don't know. It's half depending on my mood, and half depending on the challenge of the year, which I really only did this year.

--Dracula by Bram Stoker, since Oct. 11, 2011.

--Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, added Nov.24, 2015.

-- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton

--Yeah, the ones that I forgot why I put them in my to-read list in the first place. But I won't mention specific books because it might become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

--Yes! The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin

--At present, I don't think so. There were before but I already read them.

--Yup. Wonder by R.J. Palacio

message 7: by Jody (last edited Nov 30, 2015 05:43AM) (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf? Umm. 1806. And I just had a big clear out!

2. Do you use any special organization tactics to keep your TBR shelf organized? I have my books for the 2016 group challenge as my first 52 listed. I've just had a bit of a clear out, and removed any series books that aren't the first in the series (for new ones), apart from ones that I am definitely planning to read (eg. Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes). I've recently learned from Sophie that you can export it to an Excel spreadsheet, so I might do that soon & try and organise it a little better. I also have books tagged that are on the lists that I'm working on (Eg. Guardian's Top 100).

3. How do you determine which books from your TBR pile to read next? I read depending on mood, pretty much, but I'm also working from a few lists, so I try to read those if they match my mood.

4. What book has been on your TBR shelf the longest? The Casual Vacancy - August 12, 2013, which is when I think I joined GR.

5. What is the most recent book you added to your TBR shelf? Travels with My Donkey: One Man and His Ass on a Pilgrimage to Santiago

6. Show us a book on your TBR shelf just because it has a beautiful cover. Dearest Father by Franz Kafka

7. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you don't think you'll ever get around to reading? Definitely. But I won't name them, in case I hurt their feelings.

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for? Nope.

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it? The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

10. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that were recommended to you? Quite a few, either by GR members or by the GR algorithm.

message 8: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?

I have a "next" shelf

I actually do not look at the TBR, but my challenges and books I want to read on list challenges!

I recently got overwhelmed with my TBR and cleared it out, except for those I definitely wanted to read. Those are now on the "next" shelf. Made a bucket list on list-challenges for the others I definitely wanted to read. Then I started adding books back to my TBR as I saw them on Goodreads. So this question does not make too much sense at the moment for me.

The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales

Death Of A Red Heroine by Qiu Xiaolong

I am trying to keep it clean - yeah, but not sure which.

I am excited for The Winds of Winter but have not added it yet.

Before, yes - now I stick to my list.

Yeah, lots. Most notably The Name of the Wind.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 122 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf? 107

2. Do you use any special organization tactics to keep your TBR shelf organized? Nope. I should, but I'm too lazy.

3. How do you determine which books from your TBR pile to read next? I've just been following the challenge, and before that I just read what was readily available that I was in the mood for.

4. What book has been on your TBR shelf the longest? Inferno

Uprooted

number9dream by David Mitchell

Most likely, but it's hard to know for sure which ones so I won't name any.

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for? The third Kingkiller Chronicles book.

Yes, but only the ones that I'm genuinely interested in reading.

Lots!

message 10: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 48 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf? 148

2. Do you use any special organization tactics to keep your TBR shelf organized? not at all

3. How do you determine which books from your TBR pile to read next? I check it once in a while for books that might meet my Reading With Style group challenges.

The Trouser People: A Story of Burma in the Shadow of the Empire - I should read this soon...going to Burma in October.

The Surreal Killer by Jerold Last

Weetzie Bat (Weetzie Bat, #1) by Francesca Lia Block

Might never get to The Tales of the Arabian Nights

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for? not that I can think of.

not that I remember, I usually prefer classics.

Many of them are probably there because I saw one of my fellow Reading with Style group members review it favorably.

message 11: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) Jody, you should definitely read The Casual Vacancy and Michelle, Inferno, these are good books :)

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 122 comments Sophie wrote: "Jody, you should definitely read The Casual Vacancy and Michelle, Inferno, these are good books :)"

Inferno is in my 2015 challenge so I'll definitely get around to it soon!

message 13: by Manju (new)

Manju P TBR Book Tag

1. How many books are on your TBR shelf? 576

No. But I am planning to organize it.

Depends on the mood.

They Came to Baghdad

Howards End

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

Othappu

As of now.. no

no

yes. Many..including The Twentieth Wife

message 14: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?

I only separate out the ones specifically for my book club. I do have a shelf for books that I own, or want to own.

Mood and what is available at the library.

I added books on January 2, 2015. The day I started to keep track of the books I own.

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

I pick books according to the story line, not the cover.

Yes, I am keeping track of the books on my physical shelves at home. My husband's and children's books are also on those shelves. I do not plan on reading those. :)

No.

The Harry Potter series is one. Cinder

:D Yes many of them are recommended. If someone recommends a book to me they usually really enjoyed it and think I would too.

message 15: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments Sophie wrote: "Jody, you should definitely read The Casual Vacancy and Michelle, Inferno, these are good books :)"

I will! I did start it, but there were so many characters, and then she dropped the C bomb and I think it shocked me out of reading it lol. I normally wouldn't bat an eyelid at that, but I struggle to separate her the author from Harry Potter.

message 16: by Luisa (last edited Nov 30, 2015 08:46AM) (new)

Luisa (deborahluisa) 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?

No. Actually i need to organize it :p
But I have lists of what i will read next year, next month, what books i own, etc.

I raffle. :p
I have a TBR Jar, and I pick randomly.

I believe its The Chronicles of Narnia

Never Let Me Go

The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley

yes: The Amber Spyglass
but i have a reason. this is my favorite trilogy ever. And i decided i will only read it when i really old and it will probably be the last book i will read in life. I just love it so much I don't want this story ever ends. I already read the two first books a thousand times. But never the third book.

YEAHHH
The Last Star by Rick Yancey
It is the final book of The 5th wave trilogy!

I don't think so... I have a book club, and we vote the book we will read next. So, besides that, no.

Not really I think...
Besides One Hundred Years of Solitude which was my mom's recommendations. My fathers eventually comes out with a book of his library that he thinks i will enjoy it. And he is most of the times right :)
Any recommendations don't stay in my TBR very long, i use to read right next.

message 17: by E.A. (new)

E.A. | 11 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?

Not really, but I should

What I'm in the mood for

A World Without Princes
A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2) by Soman Chainani

The Folk Keeper
The Folk Keeper by Franny Billingsley

Hookah
Hookah (Insanity #4) by Cameron Jace

Yes I believe there are a few, what ones those are? I can't begin to tell you

Yes, The Raven King, The Hidden Oracle, The Hammer of Thor, Demons in Disguise and there is a bunch more.

Nope

A few, Can't tell you off the top of my head

message 18: by Michelle, Mod Assistant (new)

Ah, I love reading these. So interesting to see everyone's TBR preferences.

message 19: by Anna (new)

Anna 1. How many books are on our TBR shelf? 441

2. Do you use any special organization tactics to keep your TBR shelf organized? Nope

3. How do you determine which books from your TBR pile to read next? I usually ask my sister for her advice.

4. What book has been on your TBR shelf the longest? The Dickens books

5. What is the most recent book you added to your TBR shelf? 1001 Nights

6. Show us a book on your TBR shelf just because it has a beautiful cover. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...

7. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you don't think you'll ever get around to reading? Yes, there are some I added years ago that I think I've outgrown now.

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for? I don't think so.

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it? I don't think so.

10. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that were recommended to you? yes, several that my aunt or mom would approve of.

message 20: by ines (new)

ines (hourofwolf) Hello!
84 on my actual shelves, on Goodreads however, a hundred more.

Nope, I don't keep them separate from the books I've read.

I either draw from my TBR jar (which I've filled with book titles I've yet to read) or I just pick randomly depending on what I feel like reading.

Pustolovine Huckleberryja Finna.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

The Night Circus.

Unfortunately yes, but maybe next year I'll change my mind.

I don't think so...

No, all the books I add to my TBR shelf are there because I find them to be interesting judging by the synopsis.

Yes, I think so.

message 21: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 272 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?
196 ... I'm determined not to get over 200!

No not at the moment. I've thought about organizing my books and that way make it easier to find books for different challenges, but I don't know where to start.

It depends on my mood and the challenges I'm working on

Serena by Ron Rash since June 2013

The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer .. I saw it on a list for next years challenge and thought it sounded interesting

The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri

Some of the books that has been on my list the longest.

The third book in The Kingkiller Chronicle

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it?/b>
Probably... If a book is mentioned a lot of times I want to know what the fuss is about

Yes, some was added because they were recommended, and some has been recommended but was already on my list

message 22: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) Marina, I also tried not to get over 200, but I lost the battle... ;)

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 186 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?

I have a couple of different bookshelves on here I use to sort out my books.

Mostly it depends on what books become available from the library next. Sometimes my mood chooses my next book for me.

There are 11 books that I added all April 14, 2013. But the first one was Becoming Red by Jess Raven

Burial Rites by Hannah Kent on Nov 23, 2015

What She Left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman

7. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you don't think you'll ever get around to reading? There are a few that my library doesn't seem to have in either ebook form or as a paperback book. Those are the books that I couldn't seem myself needing to own, so unless the library gets them I wont be reading them.

The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey, The Angels' Share by J.R. Ward, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas and Morning Star by Pierce Brown

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it? I am sure that there are one or two on my list.

10. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that were recommended to you? I would say a few of them are for sure.

message 24: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) Ooh, Burial Rites, good choice! I read it this year and really liked it.

message 25: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 272 comments Sophie wrote: "Marina, I also tried not to get over 200, but I lost the battle... ;)"

Haha, I haven't lost the battle yet, but it's close!

message 26: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments Hmm, I just culled mine because it got over 2000 ... :O

message 27: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod

I have a shelf for each genre and then a few based on length (under 200, 200-500, and door stops). But I'm really bad about actually adding them to the correct shelf since I just click 'want to read'. So I need to go through and actually organize them all :p

A lot of times it's decided for me because I have holds at the library. But otherwise I usually have a general genre in mind that I'm in the mood for and then I just go from there.

I cleaned out my TBR when I started the challenge so it's not really an accurate portrayal but American Psycho

The Rest of Us Just Live Here

Marrow by Tarryn Fisher - my pick for next year :)

I've learned that I usually read a book pretty quickly if I really want to read it. So the challenge helps with that habit but since I can switch them out whenever I want, it can only help so much. I'm sure that I won't read a large number of them :(

I don't actually... I guess I'm not a trend setter :p

I've heard a lot about A Head Full of Ghosts and Uprooted but I don't usually add them unless they actually sound good to me.

Since I'm in school for social work, I've heard a lot about Between the World and Me. I also added Alice after reading a blog. I use GR a lot so I'm sure most of my books were found through other people.

message 28: by Erica (new)

Erica | 214 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?

No.

Actually, I don't look at it often… I usually just keep adding to it.

Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100

The Bone Clocks

6. Show us a book on your TBR shelf just because it has a beautiful cover. Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny

7. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you don't think you'll ever get around to reading? No, I hope I'll read them all eventually :)

8. Are there any yet-to-be published books on your TBR shelf that you're excited for? I don't have any yet-to-be-published books on my list.

9. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that you added just because everyone else is reading it? Lots but I wouldn't add them if they didn't sound interesting to me too.

10. Are there any books on your TBR shelf that were recommended to you? Too many to list. In November alone, I added about 70 books, most of which I heard about through Goodreads or book blogs.

message 29: by Francesca (last edited Dec 04, 2015 01:44AM) (new)

Francesca | 391 comments 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?
1142. Yes, I have a problem.

Not really, Every so often I try to have a bit of a clear out of books that I'm not so interested in reading but I never seem to get rid of that many. I'm a bit of a hoarder. I should probably start creating more shelves to keep them better organized though as I'm sure I'd find it helpful.

Mostly, I just pick based on what mood I'm in and what I feel like reading. However, this year the reading challenge helped me to pick which books to read next and also helped to take some off of my to-read list. I'm sure next year's challenge will do the same.

1984. It was the first book I added to my to-read list when I joined the site.

The Lottery

There are quite a few, I'm a sucker for a great cover, but I'll go with:
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray

I can't think of any in particular but I'm sure there must be some on there that I will, either intentionally or unintentionally, never get around to reading.

On the Other Side and A Study in Charlotte are both due to be published next year and I'm really excited to read both.

There are definitely a few, but they're ones that generally have piqued my interest a bit too. I don't bother adding ones that I have zero interest in reading just because a lot of other people are reading it.

Yes. Either indirect recommendations ie. from glowing reviews from people I'm friends with on here, or youtubers that have highly recommended or talked about certain books, or direct recommendations from some of my friends on here and some of my friends and family.

message 30: by Michelle, Mod Assistant (new)

Oh! I'm excited for A Study in Charlotte also! :D

message 31: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Emmy Lou Who wrote: "Oh! I'm excited for A Study in Charlotte also! :D"

I'm finally reading my first Sherlock Holmes book next year so that should hopefully make me even more excited for it!

message 32: by Holli (new)

Holli | 30 comments Hi all!

309, for the moment as my list constantly changes

Organization? What's this weird word you speak? :-)

Whichever one shines the brightest as it bounces by

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, officially

Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch

Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Bill O'Reily; his Killing Patton book ended up kind of dull due to the audio (and the author was reading it himself!) - this may change though

On Heroism: Why We Fight and Why We Fight as One by Rorke Denver (and they pushed the publishing date back on this one; grumble!)

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Hundred-Dollar Baby by Robert B. Parker (in this case, it's the entire series and by my mom and sister)

message 33: by E.A. (new)

E.A. | 11 comments Ines wrote: "I either draw from my TBR jar (which I've filled with book titles I've yet to read) .....

That is a awesome idea! Do you mind if I steal it .. I mean skillful acquire it?

message 34: by Kirin (new)

Kirin 1. How many books are on your TBR shelf?
There are 99 books on my Goodreads TBR shelf. I tend to use it for books I'm interested in remembering to read at some point. If there is a book I really want to read I place a hold on it at the library.

Goodreads TBR: by date added
Other TBR: General fiction by date published; rest by genre, plus I really huge non-fiction section (I keep adding to it but rarely read any)
Also weed every once and awhile.

Mood

Message to Adolf, Part 1
Message to Adolf, Part 2

The Decagon House Murders

I don't think any of them are especially beautiful.
Here's a freaky one:
The Obscene Bird of Night by José Donoso
This one is cool too:
Shooting Stars Ten Historical Miniatures by Stefan Zweig

Sheepshagger

I think all are already published.

No

Willful Child