Cᴜᴘɪᴅ Aᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ Rᴘ {Sᴇᴍɪ﹣Aᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ} discussion

Mᴏᴅs > Mod Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

message 2: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 80 comments Mod
Hey guys! I'm super excited to help out in this group and be a mod :D

First things first though, and I've been wanting to ask about this for a while. So we have four houses, right? And there's a description for each house, for example Yue Lao, which says "children of Chinese deities are more often put into this house". Does that mean that students of that house have to/tend to be Chinese/East-Asian/Asian? Because I personally think that should be the case (but I could be wrong)? And I think if we do it like that, it could be nice as it could encourage diversity, and for students who AREN'T children of Asian deities, they could have an interesting twist in their backstory about how they got sorted into that house instead of another which corresponds to their backgrounds? (Did that make any sense? ^^)

message 3: by ᵉˡˡᵃ (new)

ᵉˡˡᵃ I agree that we should have most of them be of Asian decent but I kinda just did a thing where j made it hifflepuff house?? Like I equated them all to hog warts houses so it might be hard to enforce >.>

message 4: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Yeah, I saw, but maybe you could say that personality wise it matches Hufflepuff? Because obviously sometimes people have different personalities because of their circumstances, not because of their parents, but maybe we should have a non-Asian limit or something? Idk if that's okay.

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Yeah like maybe it could play into it, but I think it should depend on personality as well because someone who is Asian but is more suited to Aphrodite should be sorted to Aphrodite, and someone Norse but more suited to Venus shouldn't just be put in Freyja. Make sense? So I think it should be primarily personality, but for example if there was a hatstall in HP between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff kinda thing, it they suited two or more houses equally then maybe descent comes into it as a factor to help decide?

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Also, question, what is gonna be the policy of children/grandchildren of other non love gods? Can a daughter of Hades, for example, be a student here? I think the policy was no, but it's kinda iffy when I read through things? I also think it could be interesting dynamics if we allowed it, because of all the different godly kids dynamics between each other, and the dynamics between kids related to gods and the normal human kids?

message 7: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

That's what I meant, the thing about your house having to both depend on personality and descent. I would think descent plays a decent sized role, though, because your descent is likely to affect your personality a bit too? At least mentality wise? But obviously if your personality doesn't match with your descent-based house then you probably shouldn't be in that house :P

I was wondering about that actually! The thing about the non-love related gods. Also, how would normal human kids find about Cupid Academy? Would they be sworn into secrecy into not exposing the truths about other godly children?

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around I dunno that descent affects your personality, I think it's more the way you're raised? Like I'm seriously open minded and accepting of everyone because that's the way my parents are and the way they raised me, it doesn't have anything to do with my ethnicity... I think you could identify more with the culture of your ethnicity, maybe, or you could not identify with it at all... But it wouldn't necessarily affect your personality directly, it would be more your parents raised you that way/your environment helped you be that way and it happens to fit with the cultural norms of this ethnicity/race/country/etc? Does any of that make sense? xD I'm tired so I might not make a ton of sense heh

Everyone finds out the same way, they are invited by a letter. Godly kids wouldn't even really know unless their parent specifically told them(like a daughter of Aphrodite being visited by mom and being told she is expected to enroll and graduate because she has a reputation/family name reputation to uphold? And I think anyone that knows about the academy, students and their families regardless of parentage, would have to keep their mouths shut about the academy when around normal humans? I'm assuming 99% of the world knows nothing about magic/gods/cupids any of that so it would be a thing you don't just talk about with anyone and everyone?

message 9: by ᵉˡˡᵃ (new)

ᵉˡˡᵃ I agree with Juno that f you're from a family that holds certain values you'll probably accept hose values yourself? I know I'm making it too hogwarts but it reminds me of when a pure blood is sorted into hufflepuff. The family isn't stoked and that kid is sort of a black sheep, but it happens??

I think Juno just wants to make sure we have diverse fcs and characters??

And I'm w Demi on how they all find out

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Yeah, that's what I was saying, you're more going to have a personality based on how you're raised and how your parents are rather than solely your ethnicity. Ethnicity plays a part, for example if you come from a Korean family with values/lifestyle/culture that very much reflects the Korean culture, then yes your personality is a product of your ethnicity as well as environment, but not necessarily the case if for example you come from a Korean family but they don't really pay attention to the Korean culture/don't really base their lifestyle/beliefs/virtues on that culture in which case your ethnicity doesn't necessarily affect your personality and where you would be placed.

And yeah absolutely I'm all for diversity (even though I typically use some of my favorite fc's and they aren't necessarily diverse but I can't help it I like the fc's)

Ooh, ooh! Random question! What about a character that has a kid? O.o Would that be okay? They'd be an older student that is eighteen/nineteen. (Or I'm assuming teachers could have kids but the kid might not necessarily be as involved in the roleplay if it's the child of a teacher rather than the child of a student where they would have to take care of the child more often/look after them)
Thinking maybe they can't leave the kid with family/they don't have family so they would need to have child around??

message 11: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Literally Ella you expressed what I was thinking more eloquently than I ever could XD I've been working on the same watercolour painting for the past three hours so forgive me if I didn't make much sense. Like, of course if their family holds certain values it's very likely that their children do too, and of course if your family is an anomaly and don't follow the cultural norms of the people around you, then obviously you wouldn't be as affected by that culture. So I would think that it's normal to get Asian characters in Yue Lao's house, but not impossible to get characters of other ethnicities, and same goes to all the other houses?

I agree with the letter thing, btw! (Though what is the criteria for a random normal human to get selected to enter?) It's a bit like Hogwarts, but then it also works, so I think it'd be fine.

Hmm, I don't think it'd be entirely impossible?

message 12: by ᵉˡˡᵃ (new)

ᵉˡˡᵃ Uhhh Demi is say they'd have to live off campus if they wanted to have a kid live with them???

Yeah I'd say they just have the ability to become a Cupid based on the judgement of whoever scouts idek cx

message 13: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Oooh, that sounds like a good solution.

Also! Now that you mentioned scouts, I kind of want there to be one scout per house, kind of like head of house? Or maybe 2, where they are in charge of deciding who to "recruit". Usually they already have a good idea which house the people they recruit are going to be in (it's usually their own) but it's not 100% accurate all the time, and sometimes they recruit people who they know will belong in another house anyway?

message 14: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Sounds great! So like, one head prefect and one deputy prefect, who are both scouts, and then two other people who are RAs/regular prefects? Something like that? Or would it be better if prefects with more authority not be scouts, because that would be too much of a burden? Also, do we want specific terminology or should we just keep them as that?

And sure thing! I think each of us should take one head prefect/scout character from the house we represent too XD

message 15: by juno., Yue Lao House (last edited Mar 01, 2016 02:55AM) (new)

Also, I'm going to fix up the prestigious claims thread if you don't mind. ^^

Edit: Ella, do you want to keep your Hestia claim? She's a virgin goddess so I'm not sure what your take is on that. Of course we could just ignore these rules and just say they have offspring, but I just wanted to ask you?

message 16: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Ah, alright! That sounds good. So, 2 scouts and 2 RAs per house?

message 17: by juno., Yue Lao House (last edited Mar 01, 2016 06:32PM) (new)

I'm fine with this! Let's wait for Ella and Demi for that.

Also, I've updated the Special Claims thread as well as the Announcements thread. I've closed the thread, but feel free to unlock it, add your announcement and lock it again. ^^

Edit: Could each mod make a thread for their own house like mine in Yue Lao, just for organisation? I think it would make things much easier, since we have characters in different folders.

message 18: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Yes, we do! It's in the first folder. ^^

message 19: by juno., Yue Lao House (last edited Mar 02, 2016 01:44AM) (new)

Also, I hope you guys don't mind that I've taken the initiative and made some changes to the folders and organisation... tell me if you would prefer me not to touch so much stuff; I don't want to make any changes that not everyone is okay with.

Also, I've got a couple of things to ask about:

1) Can we move the room request folders to one per house? I've added a room request folder to mine, but I'm not sure if everyone is on board with this; it just makes things so much easier.

2) The collab request and relationship request threads are basically redundant. Which one should we keep as the collaboration thread and which one should we lock?

2) I'd like to revamp the character page; we could put info in this thread onto character template, to be very honest. And I'm thinking of just letting people have free reign on the template as long as they have all the info? (They don't need the dividers and stuff, but they can add them if they want to... personally I'm not a huge fan of the template that's already there, but we can leave up there as a sample.

3) We should probably set up some standards on when to approve characters and when not to! For example, obviously if the information they've filled in is accurate (such as house, and if they have all the stuff said on the template), if their personalities make sense (no conflicting personality traits like caring but mean? and if they match with their house), what else? EDIT: And I think if we're not sure if a character should be approved, we could ask other mods to look over it too?

4) I've also taken the initiative to start a character approval thread where people can request for their characters to be approved. I don't think the workshop thread is really necessary since people work on their characters in their own character creation thread anyway?

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Okay I've got opinions on stuff but I can't type right now because I'm in class, if you don't mind I'll give input later when I have time?

message 21: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Yup, no worries! School comes first ^^

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Okay... I'm gonna try to hit everything in one post but I might miss something so if I do just ask me about it xD I'm on mobile so typing alot and cutting and pasting to read stuff is hard.
A) Sorry, I'm tired, but what is an RA? X3

B) I think that one folder for dorms per each house is a good idea, just make one thread for requests and make it important so it's at the top. I think in the first post of the room request topic we should also have a list of dorm rooms and if they have roommates, maybe? That way someone in the request topic if they want to request to room with someone can just scroll up rather than having to switch threads or back out to the thread list?? I dunno, just a thought.

C) The collab thread idea was great, I completely agree with closing the relationship thread.

D) Kinda relates to another point above, but I think one head of house should exist, a senior student that can talk to a house sponsor (a designated teacher, one per house, that the student head of house can refer to if they don't know the answer to a question or need to consult). Then there should be a deputy of house, who helps organize and do minor stuff to help out the head of house. Then I think students shouldn't be scouts, because they have school so why would they scout for new members of the school??? I think that should be an employee of the school, not really a teacher but a scout to look and send letters and stuff to potential students.

I have more but brb

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Dennis, this is the mod chat :) Please delete your post and move to the normal chat as you are not a mod ;)

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Also, about limited claims. Are we doing only three claims of godly kids total, or only three of love gods and then you can have other demigod characters as well? I kinda like the only three claims total, because that would be more proportional because there are ALOT more humans than godly kids, but then again that's kinda limiting? So I say either three godly kids total, or three love gods and then you can make kids of other gods, just as long as you aren't out of control and you have to make humans as well and balance it out.
Humans would be the majority of the school population, simply because it's logical that there aren't very many godly kids in the world.

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Children of the other gods don't have love powers, they would be at the academy for the same reason the humans are, and even the children of love gods. The love gods have other children and grandchildren that don't come to the academy. The fact that they are descended from a love god has nothing to do with their enrollment here other than they have other natural powers that the humans and other godly kids don't have (example, everyone at the academy has the ability to matchmake, a power. Love god children have other love related powers, but that more helps them do their job easier rather than automatically enroll them. The only reason a love god descendant would be enrolled because of their godly relation is if they are being pressured by said godly parent. However, most of the love gods wouldn't pressure their child/grandchild simply because they would either pressure all/most of them, or none of them, not favor one in particular.)

Wow that was long o.o
But yeah, I'd say no specific limits on other godly children, just make sure it isn't super excessive. ^-^

@4 Oh yeah, definitely, always need to make sure we all get input!!! (I will definitely appreciate that because I'm often busy with school and in other groups I've been skipped over for decision making because of that D; Of course not intentionally, but ya know)
I'd say maybe two guys two girls, but I dunno that gender matters if for example someone quits and they need a new head of house for the rest of the year/asap.
Yeah, scouting could totally be a class! Maybe an elective for those who are interested in maybe going into the scouting career, for this school, other schools, or even scouting for other purposes! That would be super cool~

message 26: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

1) What Maddi said! ^^

2) Alright, then we'll all add a thread to each of our houses?

3) Done that!~

4) Wait, I'm getting confused, so for each house:
1 head of house teacher x 4 houses
1 head of house senior student x 4 houses
1 deputy head of house student x 4 houses

Am I correct in saying this?

Now that the conversation has evolved, maybe we should have a scout class for upper year students then? Like, they can choose that class? And if they think they really have a knack for being a scout, they can choose not to graduate as a Cupid and go straight to working for the school?

5) To be honest, I don't mind! I just think love gods' children should have limits, and that's it. ^^

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around 1) Mkay, so that's kinda what the head of house I was talking about is? Just a different term?

2) Yes, I will make a room request thread in my house soon :)

4) Yes~
For each house:
1 Sponsor (teacher; like head of house in HP)
1 Head of House (a senior student)
1 Deputy (any non-freshman student deemed responsible enough)

So yeah, that's exactly it xD

And yes, a scout class for those who are interested in being a scout for the school or other similar academies. It would be an elective type class for those who simply need/want another class(like choir or art or woodshop, something extra and interesting), or it could be taken as a career class (replacing a cupid career class or a teaching career class). Since it has to do with the school or maybe a job at the central cupiding organization or wherever cupids technically work, it would be offered as an alternative ^-^

5) Awesome! ^-^ So as long as Ella agrees then I think it's pretty settled, we just need to wait and hear her opinion~

message 28: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

I just realised we still haven't sorted out the template problem yet! Should we shorten the template? I think a lot of people would find it way easier if we shorten the template, and we don't need to know too much info anyway, just the standard personality+history+appearance sort of stuff?

message 29: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

So I whipped up a quick template; does this work for everyone?

{ name }
Self explanatory! First, middle, last.

{ age }
##

{ house }
Please check the House Information thread if you're not sure.

{ year & rank }
Freshman: 14-15; Sophomore: 15 -16; Junior: 16-17; Senior: 17-18. You do not need to fill in "rank" unless you are a student head or student deputy.

{ appearance }
Feel free to use a face-claim you have claimed in the Face Claims thread, and if you want to, you can describe what they usually wear as well.

{ powers }
Optional, depending on your godly parent. Please check the Special Claims thread for more info.

{ history }
Put your character’s biography here.

{ personality }
Put your character’s personality here.

{ romantic status }
Crushing? Taken? Single?

{ relations }
If you want to have a godly parent, please claim this in the Special Claims thread. The following is only a suggestion of how formatting can go for your relations section.

Mother // Name // Description
Father // Name // Description
Sibling // Name // Description
Roommate // Name // Description
Friend // Name // Description

{ clubs }
Is your Cupid hopeful in any of the clubs in the academy? Feel free to check out any of our clubs and sports here.

{ other }
Anything else goes here.

{ credit } (view spoiler)

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around I think that's alright, but we should make some sort of required lines for appearance history and personality. (I think we should require a written description of what they look like, personally. A) pictures could get moved/lost/image error B) on occasion there are blind members who use screen readers, and while this isn't common, it would suck if we had someone join and all we had were pictures C) I just think it's better to have it written out, even if it isn't a whole lot) And then that way we have at least semi detailed characters as far as their personality and history go. We should also add that the template is not required, you can use your own template as long as you have the required fields.

Also, who deleted the character creation threads? I only see two, and I know there were alot more than that, and they've ALL been deleted.

message 31: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Oh yes, definitely. This is just me putting down the fields required; it's more of a guide than a template, really. Maybe face claim + description of their appearance, so you not only have a description of their face, you have their physique and what they usually wear and stuff?

And the character creation threads haven't been deleted, they're in the folder? :O

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Yeah, that's what I meant xD My caffeine hasn't kicked in yet so I'm a bit slower this morning x3 So yeah, that sounds great ^-^

The personalized threads for each person have been..? :O I looked and I only saw yours and Fay's... I went looking for mine, and then Jacek's to look at their charrie and see what they were like/would they get along with Jace and I didn't see either? Or am I just slower this morning than I thought and I missed them? xD

message 33: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

No worries! As long as we get it done XD

Nope, they haven't been? It might be because it's been restricted to show 7 topics only for each category, but they are definitely here?

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around awesome! :D

Okay that's weird though, I've been into that folder two or three times and they were gone <______< I think Goodreads is having a moment or something...
But yay, awesome! xD Speaking of, should we un-restrict it? I personally like to be able to see stuff on the main page, but I dunno? What do you think?

message 35: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

I think you have to click into it? I'm not entirely sure what Goodreads has been doing anyway so :P I guess I don't mind unrestricting it again, but it's kind of cluttered, and if it displays everything it takes really, really really really long trying to scroll to what you're looking for (but that might just be me)?

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around I did click into it xD There were none there! Ugh, GR.

True... I dunno, either way ;P

message 37: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Also there are some super old threads I've locked for members who aren't here anymore/have deleted, and I don't really want them to be displayed on the front page simply because there's really no point? Or we could make an archive folder at the very very bottom so we can unrestrict everything but move the locked folders to the bottom?

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around I've been meaning to make a closed topics folder... That's probably best, that way all the locked threads are still there but out of the way

message 39: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Yep, alright! Do you want to do it or should I do it now?

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Ummm either way? I can or if you want to or whatever xD

message 41: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Could you do it then? I'm supposed to be doing homework now XD

message 43: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Thank you~

message 44: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Edited the description! Anyone around to give it a once-over?

{ name }
Self explanatory! First, middle, last.

{ age }
##

{ house }
Please check the House Information thread if you're not sure.

{ year & rank }
Freshman: 14-15; Sophomore: 15 -16; Junior: 16-17; Senior: 17-18. You do not need to fill in "rank" unless you are a student head or student deputy.

{ appearance }
Feel free to use a face-claim you have claimed in the Face Claims thread.
Additionally, please describe your character's appearance (physique, hair, eyes, what they usually wear etc). Only a short paragraph is needed!

{ powers }
Optional, depending on your godly parent. Please check the Special Claims thread for more info.

{ history }
Put your character’s biography here. 2+ paragraphs.

{ personality }
Put your character’s personality here. 1+ paragraphs.

{ romantic status }
Crushing? Taken? Single? If you'd like, find someone to collab with here.

{ relations }
If you want to have a godly parent, please claim this in the Special Claims thread. The following is only a suggestion of how formatting can go for your relations section.

Mother // Name // Description
Father // Name // Description
Sibling // Name // Description
Roommate // Name // Description
Friend // Name // Description

{ clubs }
Is your Cupid hopeful in any of the clubs in the academy? Feel free to check out any of our clubs and sports here.

{ other }
Anything else goes here.

{ credit } (view spoiler)

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around I think it looks good, the other two just need to check it over ^.^

message 46: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Sounds good~

message 47: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Ah, alright! Let's just put it with the character template info stuff folder thing. XD

message 48: by juno., Yue Lao House (new)

Ella, you've probably been busy recently so I hope you're fine with us going through with this? ^^

message 49: by juno., Yue Lao House (last edited Apr 03, 2016 06:18AM) (new)

So I'm working on the updated character template (it's hidden under the locked threads) and I was wondering if we should
1. Make a list for school claims; e.g. head of houses and stuff, or should that go under the House Members thread of each house?

2. Make a list for subject claims; I don't think we have a list of subjects taught that I know of (I can deduce from The Academy though) and we should let people claim those for teachers? (I did some digging and I realised it's apparently under clubs, but I think it would be clearer if they were separated)

3. Move the clubs stuff to the claim thread; unless RPing about students being in those clubs are done within the clubs folder, it looks pretty lonely as a single topic in that folder to me... :P

Well, what do you think? :O

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Okay so... I think that we should have maybe Heritage Claims for children/grandchildren of gods, and Rank Claims for stuff like Head of House and all that.

I believe we do need a list of Teacher Claims... Maybe in the claims/requests folder with the above two?

I think we should have a roleplay topic for each club in the clubs folder... We should also have a roleplay topic for each class in the classes folder, and both of these folders should have a master list. I think we need to decide what courses/classes to have as a group?

However since I'm an organization nut and once we all decide, I could totally start organizing these folders and topics and things?? :b

« previous 1

Cᴜᴘɪᴅ Aᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ Rᴘ {Sᴇᴍɪ﹣Aᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ}

unread topics | mark unread