An Abundance of Books discussion

The Selection (The Selection, #1)
This topic is about The Selection
Current Books > The Selection by Kiera Cass - 2 Month Series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley, Discussion Leader (new)

Ashley Day | 185 comments Mod
Hello everyone!

I've decided to add this book to our currently reading list so that we can read some more complete series. The way we have the BOTM's set up now is that we only read standalones or one book in a series, but I love the idea of completely finishing a series as a group.

So, I took the highest voted series from our February BOTM poll, The Selection, and decided to create a thread for it.

Book #0.5: The Prince (The Selection, #0.5) by Kiera Cass

Book #1: The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass

Book #2: The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass

Book #2.5: The Guard (The Selection, #2.5) by Kiera Cass

Book #3: The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass

Please let me know if you want to just go through the series on your own time or if you want a more scheduled read, like each book in a 2 week period.

Enjoy!

message 2: by Becka (last edited Feb 08, 2014 02:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becka (becka_anne) It would be great to do it as a scheduled read - It will have to start in March and end in June though, as 'The One' isn't published until June 5th. And 'The Prince' and 'The Guard' aren't published until March 27th. (I think these are worldwide dates and not just UK) - But that will give everyone plenty of time to read :)

Unless we just do the original 3 books in the series? Then we only have to worry about ending in June.

Edit - I've just been looking at reviews and apparently without reading numbers 1 and 2, 0.5 and 2.5 won't make any sense... So maybe we should read them in published order?
I.E - 1, 2, 0.5, 2.5, 3?

message 3: by Ashley, Discussion Leader (new)

Ashley Day | 185 comments Mod
The Prince and The Guard are actually already published... I saw them as a set in Barnes and Noble last week. They published in 2013.

The One doesn't come out until May though, so we'd have to wait for that one.

message 4: by Becka (last edited Feb 09, 2014 04:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becka (becka_anne) Oh right - they must have been UK only dates then. They aren't out here until March 27th. If 'the one' is released in May it must be earlier over there! It's very frustrating when that happens. And it seems to happen with lots of series I really enjoy. Hahaha!

I think I will leave the group read in that case. It will get complicated if I join in on some books and not others and am later on the last one. I am planning on reading #1 and #2 fairly soon though, so I will pop in and have a chat about them with you all if that's okay?

Laura (blueeyebooks) I'd love to do the group read! I've already read all the ones that have been published so far (all except The One - I got the first 2 chapters though) but I'd love to discuss with a group!