Start by marking “The One (The Selection, #3)” as Want to Read:
The One (The Selection, #3)

The One

(The Selection #3)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  303,540 ratings  ·  24,896 reviews

The highly anticipated conclusion to Kiera Cass's #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series, The One will captivate readers who love dystopian YA fiction and fairy tales. The One is the perfect finale for fans who have followed America's whirlwind romance since it began--and a swoon-worthy read for teens who have devoured Veronica Roth's Divergent, Ally Condie's Matc

Published May 6th 2014 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The One, please sign up.
Ebony Sometimes she made want to jump in the book and slap her stupid and other times i Loved her to death. Then in the One I was literally on an emotional…moreSometimes she made want to jump in the book and slap her stupid and other times i Loved her to death. Then in the One I was literally on an emotional rollercoaster. I felt like how Maxon felt. I kept screaming "MAKE UP YOUR MIND WOMAN!" at the book over and over.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Danielle My thoughts are that it's probably because this way she got exactly what she wanted. To be remembered as a beautiful young woman. She was worried that…moreMy thoughts are that it's probably because this way she got exactly what she wanted. To be remembered as a beautiful young woman. She was worried that in a few years she would be too old to model and then what? Now she's immortalized at the peak of her career.(less)

·  303,540 ratings  ·  24,896 reviews

Mariam
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
For me there is no other way to express how I feel but through GIFS so...

I had just recently finished The Elite and was more anxious than ever to find out about the next one.
gifs photo: spin cycle tumblr_mkb6k58WIs1rt0g8wo1_500.gif

Then I see it, on Goodreads, The One...
shock gif photo: aaaaahhhh.gif

So I do my Happy Dance
happy dance gif photo: sunny5.gif

Then something catches my eye, and it takes me a while to absorb this information
freakout gif photo: minion-freakout.gif

MAY 6TH 2014!!!!!!!!!
freakout gif photo: Stephen_Freakout.gif

And naturally I flip a table...
"
table flip photo: fliptable.gif

After my freakout I decide that as long as America doesn't end up with Aspen, I'll be ok.
relax gif photo: Gif116.gif

So I'll wait...
psycho gif photo: american psycho americanpsychoo.gif

And take action if neces
Gillian Berry

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

Gillian: Hey, Gillian. How are you doing today? You look nice.

Gillian: You don't.

Gillian: We're the same person, so you kind of just insulted yourself.

Gillian: I need to talk to you about The One. You're the only one who understands me.

Gillian: Well, yeah, that's because I am y--

Gillian: I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU CAN YOU PLEASE JUST FOCUS.

Gillian: Sorry. Proceed.

Gillian: So, that was a book. A book that happened.

Gillian: Was it? Was it, though? Or did you
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥

After reading..

I'm just sooo emotional over this,, the sweet sweet sweetness, adorable emotional angsty love .. i love love love love this, i love it...

fangirling.. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Maxon ♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥

"Shhh," I urged.
“I'll love you until my very last breath. Every beat of my heart is yours. I don't want to die without you knowing that.”
"Please don't," I choked.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Maria
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.8/5 Stars ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

I had the lowest of the low expectations for this book. I wanted to throw The Elite out of the window. I wanted to throw this one out of the window too. But I was less inclined to. I still firmly believe this trilogy could have been a duology, even one book without all the redundant political situations that weren't even portatryed right! I was satisfied with the ending, it was pre
J
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dixie Downing
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was immensely proud of America by the end of the Elite, and couldn't have been more happy with the end of the trilogy! We all knew who she would end up with! I was crying the "I'm so lonely!" tears all through the last chapter before returning to my single life. Haha
Caz (littlebookowl)
These books are such easy reads, though dealing with America's... America-ness was not so easy.
I liked that she stood by her beliefs and values, but it drove me nuts how she flip-flopped all over the place with her feelings. Especially since it was very obvious how she felt, a lot of her indecision didn't have much justification.
Throughout the series, I never felt like the rebels were truly threats, they never seemed very dangerous. Things changed towards the last half of The One, which I appre
Rhea
Jun 13, 2013 marked it as never-ever-read
Wouldn't it be awesome if Maxon turned out to be gay? And then he ends up with Aspen!

Miranda Reads
America, my love, you are sunlight falling through trees. You are laughter that breaks through sadness. You are the breeze on a too-warm day.
Cue the eye roll, this is definitely going to be one of those kind of books.
Picking up where we left off, Maxon Schreave (points for having the world's worst last name) has to make a crazy-hard decision.
And there we were, in the background of it all, hold
Booknut
Update: 25/9/14 I am officially changing my rating from 2 stars to 3 stars!

Why, you may ask?

The answer: http://unlocktheselection.com/

And with that lovely webpage comes an exclusive bonus epilogue for The One which made me a very, very happy fangirl!

There's even some irony in there:
'I made my way across the floor, sampling some hors d’oeuvres on my way. None of the food seemed terribly appealing, though. Maxon’s favorites weren’t necessarily mine, I just had to trust that everyone else would e
Stacia
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Selection by Kiera Cass

10-2-12; 10:47pm : Team Maxon! :)

9-26-13: W o w. Look at this BEAUTIFUL cover. In my review of The Elite I said I wanted the book green, but I'm COMPLETELY won over by the white. It's gorgeous. I can't wait!

03-12-15

Hey guys! So, I FINALLY got back into reading/reviewing and I'm happy to say that THE ONE is gonna be my first review back!

I read THE ONE when it first came out and I've been DYING to do a review on it because I've been a fan since like... day two of THE SELECTION release. Ha!

Any
Jane
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Team MAXON!!!!!!!!!!! Omg the name is out and it is awesome. The c-c-c-c-COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it.... is..... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *super happy dance*

Update in the middle of book:
The feeelllllsss and OMG

Just finished the book, good ending but the feels, this book made me cry so much. It's killing me!
Belle
Oct 11, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-release
EDIT: May 6th, 2014

Well, The One is finally out today and I'm not sure when I'm going to get to read it, but hopefully it will be very soon! However, I did get a chance read the first 10 chapters at unlocktheone.com and it has made me even more skeptical than I already was, but I guess I'll have to wait see! Also, I would be really grateful if you guys wouldn't post any spoilers for The One in the comments of this review, or if you do at least tag them as such, because I do read all of them and
Sophie
Rating: 1.5 Stars

SPOILERS. Please read on if you
1. Have no intention of ever reading this book (good for you)
2. Have read the book (my condolences)
3. Just want to see me rant about sleazy men and brainless women (isn't that why we're all here?)

The One. This title can mean so many things, but let me tell you what it means to me. It is the one book in this series that got a higher rating than a 1 from me, mostly because of an ending that completely surpassed my expectations of wtfery. It is a
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Read my full review @A Perfection Called Books It's non-spoilery and gif-filled!

All right. Enough is enough. I need to stop putting off writing this review. Maybe I feel that writing this review will truly mark the end of this series. And you know what? I don't want it to be over. This book gets a five star rating for so so many reasons. Ok so this book was not flawless. There were so many things that totally made up for it though: the plot, the romance, the characters, and the ending. Here ar
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Let's pretend this never happened...

Can't believe I read the whole series but I can now move on with my life.

I couldn't stand the main character nor the love triangle. At least in this book, there was less girl-hate. The whole series could have been one book!
Still... I did read them all....
Aly Locatelli
Feb 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dystopia, young-adult
EDIT 18/11/2014: Did anyone else read the second epilogue on the website?

What the crap? Did Cass write it? It sounded like fanfiction. Really bad, bland fanfiction. Booooo. And, really, it was to be expected they'd have a kid, right? Couldn't that have been put in as a flashback thing in the next book? And maybe written with a bit more love? No? Okay.

WARNING: Major ranting ahead. I will be swearing, screaming and butchering this book like there's no tomorrow. If you don't want to hear the rants
Claudia Ramírez
I CAN'T EVEN---!!!

ALL THE FEELS. I'm crying with JOY!!!

I can't give this book less than 5 stars because I got what I wanted. Sure, the world building is as poor as it has always been in this series, but GOD, the romance was so BEAUTIFUL.

I finished this book in less than one day because it was so easy and fast to read! It has a huge amount of drama and it had me hooked till the very end!

I think I liked America better in this book than in the other books. She was more decided and she made choice
Lia  °on a summer hiatus but don't worry I'll be back°
I'd give this book a few more stars if I didn't find the main character and most of her decisions and actions extremely annoying and stupid.
Seriously, who even thought writing a heroine like America Dumbhead Singer was a good idea?
The only thing I like about her, is her boyfriend (singular, not plural *cough cough*).
Actually, just pretend this one solitary and miserable star is all for Maxon because he deserves the world.
*mouths desperately* protect him.
Elena
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
man, y'all were right :(
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 Absolutely Awestruck ★'s

“The best people all have some kind of scar.”

Buddy read with my, girl Desireé :)

Reread

This. Was. Absofreakinlutely. Amazing! This was one hell of a rollercoaster ride. I am so happy that I decided to reread The Selection series and it will always be dear to me :) I love this book so much! The One was insanely good and it turned me into an emotional mess. In all seriousn
Maureen
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I may have liked this the best out of the three. America was still obnoxious, but I've come to expect that, so maybe I got more used to it? I liked Maxon more BUT still obnoxious. Every character in this book is obnoxious to some degree.
The ending was great, for me. I got real emotional at one part and was NOT EXPECTING THAT because I don't really love these characters, but I guess I grew to like them? I don't even know.
I wish more had been done with the rebels and other relationships in

OMG. I don’t even know where to start with this one. I am an emotional wreck after reading this book. An absolute wreck.

America was herself to the best of her ability again in this book. She did make some stupid decisions at times, but I was nice the way she managed to uphold her integrity, and it was nice to see the way she realised her feelings for Maxon, even if she wouldn’t share them with him!

Maxon, was just, ahhhhh, Maxon ♡ Loved him!

( Although I have to say that continuing to snog other g
Lisa RC
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The One (Abridged Lisa's Edition)
BEWARE: This is a very "interesting" plot.
If you're easily offended by fan fiction, don't read this.

American (A): I choose you, Maxon! I really do! Forget about Aspen. I believe that the castes should be eliminated, but I like you. So let's just take it SLOW but get married first because everyone needs to know who you choose.

Maxon (M): Oh, Darling! Let's get married. GO CELESTE. My fiance doesn't want you here! I hate you, Natalie. Now please get lost.

A: Oh
Karla
AFTER READ: I'm pretty content with the end of this series. Review to come.

-----------

WOWWW THE COVER! I am so in love.

All I want is a royal wedding between Maxon and America, okay. That's it.

☆GELA☆
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
manda
8 May 2014
You know what the biggest problem is with this book?

It is a little random.

There is no way to explain without going into details and giving out spoilers, so I'll refrain from that. Let's just say that... events and transitions were not as smooth and seamless as they could be. I should give a nod to the author's attempt of improving on her art, though.
While I really appreciate the way Cass tried to remedy the girl-on-girl hate and develop the girls' friendship into a more sisterly and
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo index1_zpsf37d314a.jpg

This review is SAFE and SPOILER FREE!

The One is book three in The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I first want to say that I fell in love with this series right away in book one. So, I did not anticipate that I could fall MORE in love with its final book but that is exactly what has happened. As soon as I started reading it, I was pretty much useless for anything else. I tried today to accomplish a few other things but couldn’t concentrate on anything until I finally gave up and just read!

photo tumblr_n02zutcxCE1t0ay8po1_500_zps922efa08.gif

Oh A
The very pretty cover photograph of The One gives the whole thing away, but that’s alright. This is one of those books where the ending was fairly easy to call, and the journey mattered more than the destination anyway.

(Also, the gowns on the covers are blue, red, and white. Because the girl's name is America. I just caught that).

As the teen drama of the Selection process continues, the Northern Rebels make diplomatic overtures to Maxon and America, whom they believe to be sympathetic to their c
Nadia
7.5.14 after reading: So since the first two books (Specially the second one) didn't really talk about much, this one had to be crammed with half assessed information and unexpected (But necessary to get to the end) happy endings.

There are plot holes and glitches I don't agree with, but even then I got to confess that I didn't quite believe that Kiera would be able to get out of the gutter she put herself in the second book.

With some last moment cramming session of post appocalyptic situation he
Did anyone really care about King Clarkson's Death 134 441 May 02, 2019 10:44AM
Team Maxon or Aspen 482 1396 Mar 26, 2019 08:25AM
selection oc 1 6 Oct 18, 2018 10:37PM
Play Book Tag: The One by Kiera Cass 3 stars 2 19 Jul 12, 2018 01:56PM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Other Worlds
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)
  • Rise
  • Sever (The Chemical Garden, #3)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • The Goddess Inheritance  (Goddess Test, #3)
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
  • Fox Forever (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound

The Selection (5 books)
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • The Heir (The Selection, #4)
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
“Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.” 3119 likes
“The best people all have some kind of scar.” 1678 likes