YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BOOK TALK > You know a book is bad when.....

Comments Showing 1-50 of 608 (608 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83364 comments Mod
Fill in the rest of the sentence - 'You know a book is bad when....

Feel free to vent your frustrations about books you are reading, but please do hide spoilers ☺
Or feel free to just make us smile ☺

message 2: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
You know a book is bad when Teardrop becomes appealing.

When cleaning starts to look like a more interesting prospect.

message 4: by Abbie (new)

You know a book is a bad, when the characters manage to get better internet than you, in the zombie apocalypse. (I'm looking at you, After The Ending)

Ha ha! I was thinking of that the other day when I couldn't get internet access! How annoying.

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Ekens (thebookkisser) | 551 comments When I start reading so fast I couldn't understand a thing anymore. Lol. (I don't stop reading even if it's a bad book. I just read it faster so it would take me less time. :P)

I do that too ☺ Try to get it over with as quick as possible ☺

message 8: by Mei (new)

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments You know a book is bad when you just notice every single thing about it: what the characters do or say for instance. Then there's the writing - you start highlighting quotes that you find annoying, cringe-worthy, gramatically wrong, sounds wrong, or just wrong!

You know a book is bad when....

If a demon came along and swallowed everyone, you'd just be relieved that at least it was over.

message 10: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Mei wrote: "You know a book is bad when you just notice every single thing about it: what the characters do or say for instance. Then there's the writing - you start highlighting quotes that you find annoying,..."

I know what you mean! I had a book like that the other day and I was just shocked at what the author had written!

I think it was this one - A Kiss by Design (Kiss & Tell, #1) by Christy Hayes where one of the main characters did this - "He considered excusing himself to the bathroom to spank the monkey."

message 11: by Mei (new)

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Now that sounds really wrong!

This is from TMI City of Bones and something I'll never forget:
"She (Clary Fray, the main character) had never before known anyone who carried a handkerchief."

I was like, wow, Clary, I pity you. Did you live in the mountains, cave, or anywhere out of civilization? Don't know why Cassie Clare even included that. It was so random and unnecessary.

message 12: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

She does put some random stuff in her books! That is really odd. Having just finished city of lost souls I really don't want to read anything else by her for a long time.

message 13: by Maisa (new)

Maisa (chairenn) Sarah wrote: "You know a book is bad when....

If a demon came along and swallowed everyone, you'd just be relieved that at least it was over."

Snorted my tea when I read this :D Hilarious!

message 14: by Abbie (new)

You know a book is bad when you start avoiding your kindle, because of the book in question.

message 15: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Maisa wrote: "Sarah wrote: "You know a book is bad when....

If a demon came along and swallowed everyone, you'd just be relieved that at least it was over."
Snorted my tea when I read this :D Hilarious!"

ha ha! that was caused by this book City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare

message 16: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

I've done that before too!

message 17: by Rachmi (last edited Nov 29, 2013 09:39AM) (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments You know a book is bad when you put it on-hold for 3 times while it supposed to be finished in One Day and in between you can read more than 10 books!

message 18: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Rachmi wrote: "You know a book is bad when you put it on-hold for 3 times while it supposed to be finished in One Day and in between you can read more than 10 books!"

Oh dear!

message 19: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

You know a book is bad when... you wonder if a 4 pack of chocolate bars is enough to see you through to the end, and decide probably not.

message 20: by Abbie (new)

Sarah wrote: "You know a book is bad when... you wonder if a 4 pack of chocolate bars is enough to see you through to the end, and decide probably not."

Haha! One of those huge blocks of chocolate would probably be a good option!

message 21: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

I might need a kilo!

message 22: by Mira (new)

Mira | 699 comments When I take forever to finish it because I can't bring myself to get back to it. I don't stop reading books even if they're bad and I cannot start a new book unless I finish the one I'm reading. I did that once and it still feels like unfinished business to me lol

message 23: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

I've had books like that. books that you really don't want to pick up, and you realise you've been reading it for a month!

message 24: by Mira (new)

Mira | 699 comments Sarah wrote: "I've had books like that. books that you really don't want to pick up, and you realise you've been reading it for a month!"

Exactly!

message 25: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

You know a book is bad when... you really can't be bothered to finish it.

message 26: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Sarah wrote: "You know a book is bad when... you really can't be bothered to finish it."

I always feel guilty if I don't finish books that I've started :)

message 27: by Aarati (new)

Aarati | 296 comments I agree Sarah. I've had a few of those.

You know a book is bad when... it irritates the hell out of you, and you want to hurt someone.

message 28: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

At the moment I feel like I need a reward for getting through each chapter! I'm so bored.

message 29: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

And worse, it's a review copy, so I'm going to have to tell the author that I'm not a fan :(

message 30: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Is it the author debut? Sometimes I don't know how to tell the author when I don't like her/his book while I have to review it.

message 31: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments You know a book is bad when it has a lot of unreasonable and unbelievable things and you can stripped those things in every chapter.

message 32: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

No, it's the third in a series. The first one was alright, the second was boring, and so is this one :(

message 33: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

I hate it when stuff is unbelievable. It ruins the whole book.

message 34: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Is it That One Summer (Summer, #3) by C.J. Duggan ? I remember I once read book 1 but couldn't finish it around 20%, didn't like the heroine. Maybe I will continue reading it but don't know when.

message 35: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Yep. I thought the first one was alright, but this is pants.

message 36: by Rachmi (new)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I forgot the detail about book 1 but I used to take notes why I couldn't finish books that I've started. And my notes said aside the heroine I can't stand of the pace, it was so slow. But you gave it 4 stars, I think I'm going to try to read book 1 again soon.

message 37: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

After reading books 2 & 3 I'm wondering why I liked book 1! So glad it's over with now.

message 38: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Albert | 2 comments You know a book is bad...when you get all the way to the bottom of the page and have no idea how you got there or what you read.

message 39: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

That's bad! I've had that happen too. It is really frustrating :(

message 40: by cait (new)

cait (caitlinisakittycat) You know a book is bad when you have to read it next to someone so that you can stop every three minutes to tell them what stupid thing the last sentence said.

message 41: by tolu (new)

tolu (afronation) You know a book is bad when you fall asleep on it.

Jennifer (The Nightly Book Owl) (misscupoftea) | 15 comments You know a book is bad when you are rooting for the antagonist to just kill everyone and be done with it.

message 43: by cait (new)

cait (caitlinisakittycat) You know a book is bad when you have the same expression on your face while reading it as you do upon discovering that someone has had explosive diarrhea all over a restroom stall.

message 44: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 337 comments OMG Caitlin that made me laugh so hard. Thank you, I needed that.

message 45: by Neha (new)

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments When you think that the characters are really shallow!

message 46: by cait (new)

cait (caitlinisakittycat) Jodi wrote: "OMG Caitlin that made me laugh so hard. Thank you, I needed that."

You're welcome. Glad I could help!! (:

message 47: by cait (new)

cait (caitlinisakittycat) You know a book is bad when you decide to apply for jobs you don't want instead of reading it.

message 48: by Greta (new)

Greta (goodreadsgreta) | 4571 comments When you keep falling asleep on it...

message 49: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Oh dear! I felt a bit like that yesterday when i was trying to read Fractured (Slated, #2) by Teri Terry

message 50: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophia2319) | 190 comments You know a book is bad...
When you can't follow the story because it is too complicated and the characters are all over the place...
or
When it is a series of books that supposed to be over but the author just keeps writing more books and prolong the ending just so they can make more money and sell more books!!!! (for example: Pretty Little Liars and House of Night)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13