Karina Halle Addict's Support Group discussion

Artist's Trilogy > On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy 0.5)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 783 (783 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lee723) On Every Street Discussions here. :D

message 2: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Ok, guys, you know what scene bothered me? Amongst others.. It's where (view spoiler)

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ (cotejb) But didn't you think he's batshit crazy anyway? :) I think it was b/c he felt like she was rejecting him and saying he didn't fit with her...

message 4: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Exactly. It proved my point that he was batshit crazy.

message 5: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (elainelaz) I need to know more about Javier, I feel there are so many unanswered questions.

message 6: by Farah (new)

Farah | 115 comments No maybe he went crazy cos he knew she looked sexy so why is she asking?

message 7: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B I think he's just afraid of abandonment because his parents died on him.

message 8: by M. ~ B&B (last edited Mar 12, 2013 07:30AM) (new)

M. ~ B&B lmao Farah did you even read that conversation? He got so mad at her. She said (view spoiler)

message 9: by Bren (new)

Bren just starting this tonight...

message 10: by Farah (new)

Farah | 115 comments Guys seriously u have NOT 1 nice thing to say about MY Javier! This should be called - I hate Javier group!!! Hmmmph!

message 11: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Oh Brenda, get ready.. I was losing it lol

message 12: by Farah (new)

Farah | 115 comments Thank the lord Brenda! I was starting to feel like a sheep amongst wolves!!

message 13: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Okay Farah, I love how protective he was over her and that it hurt him when she was hurting. It was kind of sweet when he told her to leave him because she deserves better.

message 14: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Brenda, I am so AGAINST Javier, you can't imagine. I'm trying to think of nice things to say about him for Farah, but in all honesty I think he's just mental and needs professional help.

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ (cotejb) Farah wrote: "Thank the lord Brenda! I was starting to feel like a sheep amongst wolves!!"

I'm with ya! I want her to be with Javier!!!

message 16: by Farah (new)

Farah | 115 comments Omg! Marta I am sooooooo not with u on this!! He freaken gave her options to leave! He begged her to leave! She CHOSE to stay! Really!
I am not anti- Cam don't get me wrong. I just think he loves Javier more! That's all.
Did we not cover this in the last 12hrs? Lmfao!

message 17: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Exactly. When you read this book you will understand. Btw, didn't anyone else notice Ellie and Javier had a serious case of insta-love and insta-lust?? (view spoiler)

message 18: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Farah I said something nice about Javier!!! lol I was saying I was glad he gave her an option

message 19: by Farah (new)

Farah | 115 comments Marta wrote: "Exactly. When you read this book you will understand. Btw, didn't anyone else notice Ellie and Javier had a serious case of insta-love and insta-lust?? [spoilers removed]"

Love at first sight? Or does it not count for bad boy Javier too?
Sometimes u just KNOW!!

message 20: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Oh and (view spoiler)

I wonder how Javier found out who Ellie really is and how he came after her after 6 years

message 21: by Maria (new)

Maria | 26 comments In high school, Camden fell for Ellie, but Ellie just saw him as a friend who should stop dressing like a freak. She wasn't attracted to him till later and didn't even recognize him at first.
With Javier, it was instant. Lust & love at first site. Javier was her first love and her first sexual experience.
So who is her true love/ soulmate? Javier or Camden?

message 22: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B She had instant lust with Camden too when she saw him. I mean she knew Camden when they were 11. I doubt her hormones were really out there yet for lust to play such a big part. And let's be honest, he dressed like a freak. But he did get to kiss her. I think back then Ellie was too desperate to fit in and she betrayed her best friend because of it. I think with Javier it was just lust at first and the fact that everything was so new.

message 23: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B I vote for Camden btw. I feel like he knows her best.

message 24: by T.H. (new)

T.H. (thsnyder) | 12 comments I am team Cam, but man Javier knows how to speak to Ellie!!

message 25: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Javier freaked me out in On Every Street

message 26: by Maria (new)

Maria | 26 comments Brenda wrote: "Maria wrote: "In high school, Camden fell for Ellie, but Ellie just saw him as a friend who should stop dressing like a freak. She wasn't attracted to him till later and didn't even recognize him ..."

Hi Brenda, waving back. Can't wait for SS; May can't come fast enough.
Waving to Emilia also. Hi Emilia.
Where's Manda?

message 27: by ★Emilia★ (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments I think Camden is better for her in the end but I'm just in awe of Javier...lol

Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog) (ireadlikeaboss) I have team Camden and team Javier buttons on my blog. You should check them out.

http://readingbookslikeaboss.blogspot...

message 29: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B I loved Ellie in Sins & Needles, but I disliked her in On Every Street. Oh and as a kid in high school I didn't like her either

message 30: by Bren (new)

Bren Megan wrote: "I have team Camden and team Javier buttons on my blog. You should check them out.

http://readingbookslikeaboss.blogspot..."

thans megan for sharing.

message 31: by ★Emilia★ (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments i like Ellie, the only time I never liked her was in HS.

message 32: by ★Emilia★ (last edited Mar 12, 2013 08:02AM) (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments Maria wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Maria wrote: "In high school, Camden fell for Ellie, but Ellie just saw him as a friend who should stop dressing like a freak. She wasn't attracted to him till later and didn't even..."

Hey Brenda and Maria !Waving right back at ya!

message 33: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B I thought she was too weak and blinded in OES. I loved the badass Ellie in S&N more

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ (cotejb) Marta wrote: "I thought she was too weak and blinded in OES. I loved the badass Ellie in S&N more"

Her experience with Javier helped her to become badass though...It hardened her.

message 35: by M. ~ B&B (last edited Mar 12, 2013 08:08AM) (new)

M. ~ B&B Yep, you're right about that. She was like a weak little virgin when she fell for Javier, but she was a tough chick when she fell for Camden. See the difference? I'm glad Javier toughened her up and Cam was there to get her heart back :) Basically I like her more with Cam. But let's not get into this again lol.

message 36: by ★Emilia★ (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments Marta wrote: "I thought she was too weak and blinded in OES. I loved the badass Ellie in S&N more"

I did like her in sins better too but in OES she was just starting out. So I kinda knew what to expect. In sins she's already been a grifter for 6 yrs.

message 37: by ★Emilia★ (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments Jessica wrote: "Marta wrote: "I thought she was too weak and blinded in OES. I loved the badass Ellie in S&N more"

Her experience with Javier helped her to become badass though...It hardened her."

Yup!! I totally agree

message 38: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Yeah that's why I loved her more.

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ (cotejb) Marta wrote: "Yep, you're right about that. She was like a weak little virgin when she fell for Javier, but she was a tough chick when she fell for Camden. See the difference? I'm glad Javier toughened her up an..."

But she's still got a soft spot for Javier... ;) We will always have to agree to disagree on this one....

I know who she should be with but I also know who I WANT her to be with...

message 40: by ★Emilia★ (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments I don't know why but Ellie is my favorite female MC. I just get tired of reading about these prissy girls! I love a badass girl!

message 41: by ★Emilia★ (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments Jessica wrote: "Marta wrote: "Yep, you're right about that. She was like a weak little virgin when she fell for Javier, but she was a tough chick when she fell for Camden. See the difference? I'm glad Javier tough..."

Who wouldn't have a soft spot for Javier...lol after those sex scenes, I had to take a cold shower

message 42: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Everyone's got a soft spot for their first love, Jessica! I can't deny that.

Emilia, I agree with you! I hate annoying insecure female characters. I love badass ones

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ (cotejb) Marta wrote: "Everyone's got a soft spot for their first love, Jessica! I can't deny that.

Emilia, I agree with you! I hate annoying insecure female characters. I love badass ones"

I don't! My first love is a loser and I'm so glad I didn't wind up wiht him....haha

message 44: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Lmao are you sure it was love, Jess?

message 45: by ★Emilia★ (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments Jessica wrote: "Marta wrote: "Everyone's got a soft spot for their first love, Jessica! I can't deny that.

Emilia, I agree with you! I hate annoying insecure female characters. I love badass ones"

I don't! My f..."

Lmao!

message 46: by ★Emilia★ (last edited Mar 12, 2013 08:23AM) (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments I don't know if my first was real love, but I'm glad I didn't end up with him bc my first time sucked. I just know the sex would have been bad...lol if he gave it to me like Javier did Ellie, then I would have been with him now..lol

message 47: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B Other than the I-can't-live-without-you-conversations, I feel like all they had going for themselves was the sex.

message 48: by JB (new)

JB (jbwolf) | 3 comments I am 100% Team Camden. When I read OES I could certainly see things about Javier that would appeal to readers. I'll even admit he made my heart flutter a few times. But if I looked past his fancy/romantic words & his bedroom prowess, I saw a man I didn't like or trust. He just felt...oily to me. And I really didn't like the person Ellie was when she was with him. I sympathized with her, yes, because I've been there, and I could even understand (to a point) why she couldn't let go of Javier or their relationship - but that doesn't mean I agreed with her choices. Sorry.

To me, the most pivotal scene in the whole book was Ellie's argument with Gus, when she kept insisting he call her Eden and he tore into her, telling her she'd basically gotten caught up in her own con & forgotten who she was. When I read that, I was cheering, because he said exactly what I was thinking! She was living a lie and had lost sight not only of her objective, but of herself as well.

I know Camden isn't perfect, but as Karina pointed out, none of these characters are. That being said, I can deal with Camden's baggage & issues a lot easier than I can deal with Javier's.

I'm going to re-read both OES and S&N this weekend to see if my feelings change, now that I've got both in front of me to compare. I don't think it will but I'm gonna TRY to keep an open mind....maybe lol ;)

message 49: by ★Emilia★ (new)

★Emilia★ | 89 comments Well said Janice!!

message 50: by M. ~ B&B (new)

M. ~ B&B I'm completely with Janice on this one

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16