Who's Your Author? discussion

Member Buddy Reads > Buddy Read Rules/Requests

Comments Showing 1-50 of 301 (301 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments description

1. Have Fun!
2. Members should start a new thread in this folder for each book.
3. In the thread title include the book name and dates (if known), in case other members would like to join in the fun.

message 2: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments Thanks Sandra!
So I think I'm the only one who's never read Mortal Instruments, but now I'd like to try City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare before the movie comes out. Is there anyone else out there who hasn't read it yet?
I'm kind of a slacker when it comes to the popular YA (I still haven't read Hunger Games)

message 3: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Dec 23, 2012 03:27PM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Sandra I love the kids :-)

Well Gin I did read City of Bones. It was a fast interesting read which says a lot for me because I rarely read YA...also there is a movie??

BTW you are not alone on Hunger Games I have not read it either. I got to chapter three though :-)

message 4: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments LOL. I bought it but haven't even opened it. *slacker* So you're definitely not alone Gin.

message 5: by Mike (new)

Mike | 353 comments City of Bones is great and I haven't read Hunger Games either.

message 6: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments Wow, I really thought I was the only one!!!

Dawn I saw the preview for the movie the other week. I'm not sure when it's coming out though.

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments I haven't read HG, either, ladies. City of Bones looks good. I enjoyed Clockwork Angel.

message 8: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 87 comments I have read City of Bones but I wouldn't mind rereading before the movie.

message 9: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments Wanna buddy then?

message 10: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 87 comments Sure :) When would you like to start?

message 11: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments I can start tomorrow?

message 12: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4483 comments Gin, you might as well set up a new thread for City of Bones, or I can do it for you if you like :)

message 13: by Lisarenee (last edited Dec 29, 2012 11:35AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Would anyone be willing to read the Persephone Alcmedi series by Linda Robertson with me? I've committed to reading the series before the release of the latest book, Shattered Circle, comes out on January 29th so I'll be tearing through the series pretty quick from start to finish.

message 14: by Lisarenee (last edited Jan 10, 2013 09:23AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments So I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to read one of the following with me. They are all on my to read pile:

- Shadow's Claim
- Fair Game
- Unholy Ghosts
- Witchling
- Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet

Shadow's Claim (The Dacians Realm of Blood and Mist, #1) by Kresley Cole Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Witchling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #1) by Yasmine Galenorn Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones

message 15: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Let me know when you want to read Shadow's Claim currently I am waiting for my library.

message 16: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I own it so whenever you get it. I do buddy reads a little different. How long does it typically take you to read a book?

message 17: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Depends if I get into it I will finish in a day if I get distracted or I get bored it can take up to a week. If you want you can set up the thread and I will comment when I get it.

message 18: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments I've been meaning to read Fair Game a while now.

message 19: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 87 comments How differently Lisarenee? And I also need to read Fair Game. Usually I can read a book in a day or so, although sometimes it's longer. I'm happy to go with other people's paces though.

message 20: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments I think I've done a buddy read with you before Lisarenee. Don't you do a certain amount of chapters a day?

message 21: by Lisarenee (last edited Jan 10, 2013 03:23PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Yep, but we can base it on what people read. So for instance with Dawn who is a quick reader like me, I'd probably put in only one stopping point instead of however many it takes to stop at every fifty pages or so.

Hi Nairabell. I believe we've read buddy style in my other group. I was thinking of trying it a little less formal unless you both like that format? Perhaps making it so whoever reaches a stopping point first starts talking about what's going on. So I guess this would be like a combination of what both groups do. I'm curious which way people would like better--formal questions or more of a shoot the breeze type of atmosphere but where we are all discussing what is happening at a particular point in the book at the same time. Does that make sense?

message 22: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments Nairabell and Gin do you have a copy of the book? When would you like to start?

message 23: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I love the shoot the breeze and we can maybe use spoiler tags or something so we do not give anything away what do you think??

message 24: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Oh and let me know when you open Fair Game I love Anna and Charles :-)

message 25: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments I can start as early as Monday

message 26: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 87 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Yep, but we can base it on what people read. So for instance with Dawn who is a quick reader like me, I'd probably put in only one stopping point instead of however many it takes to stop at every f..."

I think I have buddy read with you before. Totally lost in my own head when I posted that lol :) I do have a copy. Just need to track it down.

message 27: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments Lisarenee wrote: "So I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to read one of the following with me. They are all on my to read pile:

- Shadow's Claim
- Fair Game
- Unholy Ghosts
- Witchling
- Fourth Grave Beneath M..."

I've never done a buddy read before but think it would be fun. I would like to do Unholy Ghosts. I'm a pretty fast reader. Let me know when you are ready to start. I can wait while you're doing the other ones.

message 28: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) I'll probably join to Unholy Ghosts too. I need a "push" to read that book :o)

message 29: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 30 comments Sonia wrote: "I'll probably join to Unholy Ghosts too. I need a "push" to read that book :o)"

I would join in for Unholy Ghosts too, I have been waiting to read that one for far too long.

I also have Witchling, so I would join in a BR on that one too.

message 30: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 2046 comments I just calculated how many books I've committed to reading that I haven't finished and the total is 9. Gah! Can you guys hold off until the beginning of February? I'll see if I can get them done quick. I think one or two are novellas which should make it easier. Plus two haven't made it from the publisher to my doorstep yet. Since they all need to be read and reviewed by the 29th I suppose I could start the 30th? Would that work?

message 31: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) It would work for me. I have a few I need to read too :o)

message 32: by Stefani (new)

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 30 comments Lisarenee wrote: "I just calculated how many books I've committed to reading that I haven't finished and the total is 9. Gah! Can you guys hold off until the beginning of February? I'll see if I can get them done qu..."

That works for me. I have a TON of ARCs that I need to finish before February too, so that's perfect actually.

message 33: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Stefani wrote: "...I have a TON of ARCs that I need to finish before February too, so that's perfect actually. "

Funny how they tend to build up like that!

message 34: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Jan 15, 2013 11:22AM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Does anyone want to do a buddy read for:

Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6) by Seanan McGuire Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5) by Diana Rowland Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna Price Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1) by Gena Showalter

message 35: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Lisarenee wrote: "So I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to read one of the following with me. They are all on my to read pile:

- Shadow's Claim
- Fair Game
- Unholy Ghosts
- Witchling
- Fourth Grave Beneath M..."

I finally got my hands on Shadow's Claim let me know when you want to start?

message 36: by Cassie Cruel (last edited Jan 15, 2013 11:38AM) (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 28 comments Stefani wrote: "Sonia wrote: "I'll probably join to Unholy Ghosts too. I need a "push" to read that book :o)"

I would join in for Unholy Ghosts too, I have been waiting to read that one for far too long.

I also ..."

Me too

message 37: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "Does anyone want to do a buddy read for:

Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6) by Seanan McGuireTouch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5) by Diana RowlandGrave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna PriceLast Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1) by Gena Showalter"

I would do one for Touch of the Demon, but have to wait until I get it from the library, if you want to wait.

message 38: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 87 comments Dawn wrote: "Does anyone want to do a buddy read for:

Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6) by Seanan McGuireTouch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5) by Diana RowlandGrave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna PriceLast Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1) by Gena Showalter"

I'd do one for Touch of the Demon, but I'd need like a week's notice so I can catch up on the others.

message 39: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments @Darcy when do you think you may get it??

@Nairabell I probably will not get to it myself until the end of the month so that is not a problem

message 40: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "@Darcy when do you think you may get it??"

I looked at the library site and it is marked as pending. That means that they have it and are processing it, which means that I should get it within 1-2 weeks.

message 41: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 87 comments That's cool. I have a copy so if you guys sort a date that suits you both, I'll go with that and just make sure to catch up on the others before then :)

message 42: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments I may join you guys also, it just depends if I get to the fourth one or not before you start.

Dawn when are you planning to read Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1) by Gena Showalter

message 43: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Probably not next week but the week after so I guess around the 29th or so...do you have a copy?

message 44: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments @ Darcy why don't you let me know when you get it and we can set up a date then.

message 45: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments Dawn wrote: "Probably not next week but the week after so I guess around the 29th or so...do you have a copy?"

I don't have a copy yet, but I've been curious about it. I can start around Feb 4?

message 46: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Gin wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Probably not next week but the week after so I guess around the 29th or so...do you have a copy?"

I don't have a copy yet, but I've been curious about it. I can start around Feb 4?"

That works let me know when you are ready

message 47: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments Dawn wrote: "@ Darcy why don't you let me know when you get it and we can set up a date then."

I looked again and it is in transit now. It should be there for sure by Monday, 1/21. We can read anytime after that.

message 48: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) Anyone interested to do a buddy read for:

Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1) by Trina M. Lee Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher Deadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2) by Jenna Black Nightshifted (Edie Spence, #1) by Cassie Alexander

message 49: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Darcy wrote: "Dawn wrote: "@ Darcy why don't you let me know when you get it and we can set up a date then."

I looked again and it is in transit now. It should be there for sure by Monday, 1/21. We can read a..."

Lets say the 25th does that work?

message 50: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Sonia wrote: "Anyone interested to do a buddy read for:

Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1) by Trina M. LeeSummer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim ButcherDeadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2) by Jenna BlackNightshifted (Edie Spence, #1) by Cassie Alexander"

I will do one with you for Once Bitten
Let me know when.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7