Writer's Paradise discussion

Writers U-Z > Always Open: Uniquely's Lounge. Make Yourselves At Home

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,008 (1008 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Apr 15, 2009 06:46AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Hello and welcome! This might be "my" cubi, (pronounced Q.B.) but I love having company so stop by anytime! If I'm not here, the key is under the mat and the light is always on.

Some of my favorite quotes revolve around chocolate:

Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate. ~unknown

It's not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let's face it, far more reliable than a man. ~Miranda Ingram

In the beginning, the Lord created chocolate, and he saw that it was good. Then he separated the light from the dark, and it was better. ~unknown

Favorite movie quotes:

Lord of the Rings-
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail-
Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Arthur: Be quiet!
Dennis: You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

OH! And I will never forget this one, ever!

Twilight-
Yes,
No,
To get to the other side
heh heh heh Thanks, Dee ;)

"Save a piggy, eat a carrot!" - Dee Marie

I'd love to hear your favorite quotes, everyone-anyone? Please feel free to share them anytime.

Hugs!

Word count for February 22, 2009: 1021 Disclaimer: that includes typos and retypes :)

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 620 comments Hi Moi! Welcome, welcome. I like your intro :) I LOVE movie quotes, but the only one coming to my mind right now is "nobody puts Baby in a corner." Dirty Dancing is my FAVORITE movie in the whole wide world :D

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Hi, U_Moi! Welcome! LOL That's a funny quote, Andrea. My personal fav is...

"Vizzi: INCONCIEVABLE!
Inigo: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
~The Princess Bride

LOL

message 4: by Gwendolyn (new)

Gwendolyn (drgwen) Welcome to the neighbourhood.

No favourite movie lines come to mind, but my favourite written quote is;

"I would so hate to be a first-person character! Always on your guard, always having people read your thoughts!"

— Jasper Fforde (Lost in a Good Book)

Leave Tub of Chocolate Ice-cream in freezer bag.

message 5: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1367 comments welcome!

message 6: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Welcome Moi! I LOVE the Twilight quote! The LOTR one is good too! I have TONS of favorite movie quotes as I quote movies all the time. =) Here are some random ones:

Twilight:
"Your mood swings are really giving me whiplash." ~Bella Swan

Harry Potter:
"Alas...earwax!" ~ Dumbledore

Other good quotes:
"How do you say 'bring me sausage and eggs or I'll slit your throat' in Italian?"
"Look it up in the phrase book."
— Regina Doman (Black as Night: A Fairy Tale Retold)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent"
— Victor Hugo

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Good morning, everyone! *yawns*
Thank you all for sharing your quotes! Some I had heard, others I hadn't, but all were wonderful!

*sets veggie tray with ranch, blue cheese and chocolate dipping sauces on the bar* Eat up!

Sodas and bottled water are in the frige! Help yourselves.

message 8: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments =D Cheese?! Chocolate?! Yum! Two of the best foods!

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 620 comments Good morning...ooh, chocolate! What a way to start the day :)

*eats a little choclate sauce*

Here's another famous 80's quote for you:

"Anyone? Anyone? Bueller....Bueller" :D

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish *grins* Yes, yes, Andrea! That conjures up images of a parade and Twist and Shout blaring on the loud speakers!
*dances around the cubi*

Elaine, have you tried dipping cheese in chocolate sauce? I bet with the right cheese and the right chocolate it would be devine!

message 11: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments *nods* Have you ever heard of Chocolate Cheese? It's real and tastes awesome! (Think cheese cake). =D

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Chocolate Cheese? *swoons* Where can one pick up said delight?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Good morning, tink! Thank you for the welcome :)

message 14: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments We've always gotten it when we're driving through Wisconsin. Don't know if you can get it elsewhere...?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I should have known, Wisconsin! Home of the fried cheese curds. Now those were a fabulous treat! *licking lips at the thought of them*

I'll have to do a little websearch!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Paige and Tink, I wanted to mention that I collect Tinkerbell things. She's my favorite Disney character, with Eeyore pulling up a close 2nd :)

And Paige,

Vizzini: Enough rhymes now. I mean it!
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?

LOL

The Princess Bride is chock full of great quotes.

message 17: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments "What about the ROUSes?"
"Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist!"

message 18: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Uniquely Moi wrote: "I should have known, Wisconsin! Home of the fried cheese curds. Now those were a fabulous treat! *licking lips at the thought of them*

I'll have to do a little websearch!"

Yep! =)

message 19: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (last edited Feb 23, 2009 12:07PM) (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
*Dances in, with Edward following close behind carrying a ton of goodies*

Hey Edward, put them down over there on U_Moi’s Desk.

Let’s see, I think we have everything…

Poster of Edward for your wall
http://www.themovieblog.com/wp-conten...

Early supply of Twilight candies
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm...

Early copy of Midnight Sun (signed by author)
http://bookdweeb.files.wordpress.com/...

Gift Basket of chocolates
http://everlastinggiftbaskets.com/Pro...

Basket of Flowers
http://www.flowersauckland.co.nz/imag...

Writing journal
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/...

message 20: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

*Plops self down in the big comfy chair across from your desk*

I like what you have done with the place in such a short time. Very comfy cozy...I would expect nothing less :]

Oh, I was just about ready to read some of your story, I think I might print it out and save it for tonight. I like reading something good just before I drift off to sleep. Always assures me of sweet dreams :]

message 21: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

We hope you like the gifts...Edward posed for the poster...he said you would like his brooding look the best :)

*Takes out a forest green glitter pen and starts to write on the "Quote Wall."

Chase your dreams until you catch them,
Then Dream, chase, and dream again!
~ Dee Marie

Oh...I and you KNOW how much I LOVE Edward's quote from above. Just too much fun!

message 22: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish (last edited Feb 23, 2009 12:18PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish *huge hugs* Thank you, soooo much, Dee! I love, love, love all the goodies! Chocolates, flowers, candies and *swoon* a poster of Edward. Don't you love that ominous look on his face?

What more could a girl ask for?

I do so hope you enjoy the story. There's a bit more to add, but I think Thaddeus is handling things as well as can be expected. Now, he's going to have to find a way to get over his bitterness. I hate seeing him like this. :(

Have a wonderfully inspired day!

Hugs :)

message 23: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (last edited Feb 23, 2009 12:27PM) (new)

*Edwards writes a quote on wall*

I hear voices in my mind and you're worried that you're the freak?"
-Edward Cullen

message 24: by Paul (new)

Paul What is it with you peopl and Twilight? I want my vapmires rotten to the core, reeking of the carrion stench of the grave postponed, and evil to the foul, depraved depths of the soul they no longer have!

Is all of this Twilight / Angel nonsense a PR attempt by the American Vampire Society to give them a good press?

Hi, by the way UM (I'll call you that unless you object) :) I'm Paul, otherwise known as Paul.

Welcome!

message 25: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (last edited Feb 23, 2009 12:32PM) (new)

*gives U_Moi a huge hug back*

Oh, I know I will like what you have written. One thing to remember about your characters...they always get over things...if not, you just kill them off ;]

message 26: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Hey Paul...we cross-posted :]

Oh, I like UM...much better nick for U_Moi, plus easier to type :)

Hey, don't knock a sparkly fangless vamp until you try one :]

message 27: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 620 comments LOL, Paul. As much as I LOVE "Interview with a Vampire," which, of course portrays many of them as evil, I like the idea of a friendly vampier, like our Edward, Louie from "Interview", and Henry from "Blood Ties."

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Oh, Edward! *bats eyelashes and grins* You know I love that quote! Thank you for dropping by *blushes*
[image error]

message 29: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Anyway...Twilight is a girl "Thang" ... guys just don't "get it."

Hey Paul, meet one of my "bestest" friends...UM. She is a budding writer and a fantastic copy-editor :)

message 30: by Paul (new)

Paul Hi UM; good to meet you. Any friend of Dee's is a friend of mine.

Dee, you're right. What, do you all like 'bad boys' who can be changed?

Weird :)

message 31: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments I like bad boys in general ^^

And (no offense to Twilight) I like the traditional vampire because they are actually limited to some things..
Aka: crossing running water, sunlight, holy water, garlic(although i think that's kinda stupid) and anything that's holy

message 32: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Sometimes we like "bad boys" who don't want to be changed ;]

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Hi Paul, mind if I call you Paul? *giggles* Thank you for the welcome!

You ask, what is it with us people and Edward? You're a guy and can't possibly understand.

Now, I do love the vampire stories by Christine Feehan and JR Ward's BDB, but Feehan's tranformed vampires are hideous and I could never imagine myself in a relationship with one. *shudders*

Edward on the other hand... *sighs*

message 34: by Paul (new)

Paul Maybe I'm old fashioned (well, cut the maybe) but I like an enemy I can trust (honourable) that I can get drunk with on a night and part with as best of friends. I'll still try my best to kill him the following morning and vice versa.

But there are so many people these days that you can't turn your back on.

Then, I'm a guy and love (and cry during) Gladiator, LOTR, and films like 300 and Beowulf.

It's a guy thing - you couldn't possibly understand :)

message 35: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Yes I could! I LOVE LOTR!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm a girl!

message 36: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Yes, but so many of the people you cannot turn your back on, turn out to be friends, not enemies. You KNOW what an enemy will do. But betrayal by a friend is the worst hurt of all.

Hey, you would be surprised at what things girls can undertand...[insert way evil grin} Tis the old guy/girl double standard thing.

message 37: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Like, like, if in a novel, a girl dresses and acts like a guy. She is just too cool.

However, when was the last heroic medieval novel that you have read...where the male (hero) dressed in a gown and did needle work?

message 38: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

And...I Loved 300...(well, part of that was the most handsome men in the whole wide world running around in next to nothing). But, I did like the storyline :]

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Paul, Paul, Paul...

I take back my "you're a guy and couldn't possibly understand" comment, as I will admit it was sexist.

I am a huge LOTR fan, loved Gladiator and just watched Kingdom of Heaven... all worth crying over.

Hmmm.... you do question our adoration of Edward. *sigh* Oh, perhaps you're more of a Team Jacob kinda guy?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Dee wrote: "And...I Loved 300...(well, part of that was the most handsome men in the whole wide world running around in next to nothing). But, I did like the storyline :]"

I can't find a downside to this. ;)

message 41: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

I agree with UM, I take back my "It's a Girl Thang" comment as well. I would never, ever, ever want you to think that I was being rude. As that was never ever my intention...pout.

Oh, and I think that you are more of a Team James kinda guy, Paul :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Yes, Dee... Paul would most definitely be Team James... or even better, Team Aro!

message 43: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Ohhh, yeah...team Aro!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish *huge grin*

Thought you'd agree!

message 45: by Just Plain Ray (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:58AM) (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Haha, at the end of New Moon I was Team Volturi and everyone looked at me a funny and were like "Wth?"

And I am still Team Volturi and Team Seth ^^

message 46: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Hey Ray...I am team Zane ;]

message 47: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Oh, of course ^^

That reminds me, I was going to write Chapter Ten...

message 48: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Well, geez that did not come out right...but you know what I mean...Of Max and Zane, I like Zane the best.

Oh, UM, have your read any of Ray's stories. She is amazing! You will be hooked after the first chapter.

message 49: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Also, if you get a chance, be sure to read Tink's story. It is equally amazing!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish No, I haven't read anyone's stories. How do I find them?

I could be Team Emmett, but Edward is just sooo, sooo, tormented... Makes me want to love him all better ;)

*blushing*

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21