fatima
fatima asked Katie McGarry:

Katie I am a really huge fan of yours I wanted to ask how you thought of Ryan stone in dare you to How you came up with Ryan's character once again your every book was great

Katie McGarry Hi Mohammad,

I knew immediately that Ryan needed to be a strong character since he was going to be with Beth. Because Beth had a bad experience with a jock, I immediately decided he would play sports. I decided he would be a baseball player because I wanted my character to play a sport year round and baseball came to mind.

I know people who played sports in high school and there is a certain pressure that can come with that. I remember in high school watching a father scream at his son while his son played. I decided to give Ryan an overbearing father.

I finally needed to give Ryan a piece of myself so I gave him my love of writing.

Thank you,

Katie