Dhfan4life
Dhfan4life asked Laurell K. Hamilton:

Second question that I've always been dying to ask you. What brought you to the turning point in Anita's story where she was less about her career and more about all the other characters she took under her wing and into her home?

Laurell K. Hamilton Anita and I both got tired of killing things,and wanted to see if there was any life in her life. If Anita were a real life police officer she would never have been allowed to stay so long in a unit this violent. You just burn out and need a change. As a writer I love the characters and how they've grown. They surprise me constantly and I think that's part of what makes me still so excited to write Anita and the gang after all this time.