Julie Pershing

I don't see where this book ever told how Ali, the youngest child came into the picture. Maria was pregnant when she died, there were only two children mentioned at the beginning of the book. Was Ali the child she was carrying?

To answer questions about Cross, please sign up.
Helga Julie, I just finished the book "Cross" & kept back-paging because nowhere did it mention how Ali arrived as a family member. Thanks to seeing Min's post (in response to yours) I was able to find more info. Crazy....Ali's mom reappears in different books and I'm a newbie to the Cross series itself. Passing this along for info: http://alexcross.wikia.com/wiki/Chris...
Justine Ali is not Alex's son by Maria. Ali is Alex's son by Christine. Alex had 2 kids with Maria: Janelle and Damon. You sort of have to read the books in their correct sequence to learn the history of Alex's partners after his wife Maria died.
Malcolm Gregoire Little Alex, Ali, is the son of Christine whom Alex had a fling with in Pop Goes the Weasel. Christine abandoned Ali due to the trauma of her kidnapping and then went thru a custody fight in Mary, Mary, got custody and eventually gave Ali back to Alex to have a better home with his siblings.
Stanley Bartkus Ali was born while Christine was in captivity, several books ago.
Since then they have been in court battling over custody & visitation.
Edmond Gagnon I had to Google that same question and found the answer. Maria died pregnant and the numbers didn't add up. Turns out he belonged to another woman not mentioned in this book.
Saber Akhizada Ali the son of Christine and Alex cross, which is now living with his father.
in order to know how he came to live with his father you need to read Pop Goes the Weasel and Mary Mary.
l think this the first book which you have read from Alex cross's series. :D
Paul Gifford Ali is a nickname for Little Alex, his son with Christine.
Min In the book "Pop Goes the Weasel", Alex has a new fiancee called Christine, and Ali is Christine's son. I'm guessing that Alex and Christine broke up before the start of this book...
Image for Cross
by James Patterson (Goodreads Author)