Read More Books in 2020 with the Goodreads Reading Challenge!
But don't worry, there's a better way! Why not start 2020 by vowing to make more time for something you truly love? That's right. Spend more time reading! And to help you, we encourage you to join the 2020 Goodreads Reading Challenge.
It's simple: Set a goal of how many books you want to read this year, and we'll help you keep track of your progress. How many books will you be pledging?
After several years of offering the Reading Challenge, we've learned what helps people enjoy their year of reading. Here's some of our best advice.
- Push yourself, but be realistic. Avoid the dreaded reading slump by committing to an achievable goal. You can always increase the number of books later.
- Use the calendar as a guideline: 12 books (one per month), 24 books (two per month), or even 52 books (one per week).
- Get scientific: Check out this expert advice on how to develop a reading habit.
- Remember, this is fun! This challenge is all about what you want to read. But don't take our word for it: See what several of our very bookish Goodreads members have to say.
- Rereading counts! So by all means, go ahead and dive into those old favorites.
- Listen to audiobooks. This is a great way to read more and multitask.
- Put books on hold at your local library so it's easier to start your next book.
- Use your Want to Read shelf to help keep track of what you'd like to read next.
- If you’re an Amazon Prime member, did you know there are multiple ways you can read free books as part of your membership? Check out First Reads to get one free, pre-release Kindle book a month (available in the U.S., U.K., and Australia). And you can also read more free books with Prime Reading (available in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, the U.K., Germany, Spain, France, Italy, India, Japan, China, and Australia).
- Peruse our News and Interviews page for bookish articles and roundups, chats with favorite authors, and much more.
- Check out the winners and nominees from the 2019 Goodreads Choice Awards for hundreds of new books Goodreads members love.
- Browse thousands of reading lists on Listopia.
- Get started with a seasonal read with these reader-approved wintertime books.
- Reading = Self-Care! Studies have shown that a reading habit can prolong your life, make you a better leader, and improve your mental health all while being entertained by a good story.
So...what are you waiting for? Get started now!
And let us know how many books you will be pledging this year! Tell us in the comments.
Comments Showing 1-50 of 192 (192 new)
back to top