This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate the fact that I joined just to vote on strawberry shortcake versus my little pony

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) And then when I'd done it, I didn't even know who I supported. I'd worked hard to empower myself and gain the right to vote, and I had no preference. That's why I hate democracy. AND this group. AND myself. Why, oh why am I even wasting time on this stupid posting?

Sorry, I'm new here. Am I doing it right?

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori No. I hate that you joined!

:D

I'm glad you bring this up. What the heck is the little pony anyway, is this some desert I've never heard of or some bizarre deviant sexual thing that pops up here at THC?

message 3: by Jordan (new)

Jordan I also joined this group to vote on My Little Pony Poll. However I am loving this site! I am glad to know that us haters are not alone. : )

message 4: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) OMG Jordan, if you can't maintain a negative attitude, what are you DOING here? Haters are always alone, we are trapped in our internal prisons of hatred and no amount of faux fraternization is going to help us. ESPECIALLY My Little Pony fans.

I feel I'm already getting warmed up here!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Jordan and Manny! It's nice to have new members that value the polls. Never forget the polls.

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Manny, just because you know that your precious little Strawberry Shortcake got her ass whooped doesn't mean you have to get personal! : )

It all about a keeping a positive attitude Manny, so I can kicked your butt harder the next round! Bring on the haters.

message 7: by Manny (last edited Jan 16, 2009 10:42PM) (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Those polls! They are soooooo stupid! And I am even stupider for joining just to take part in one! I didn't even know who Strawberry Shortcake was, and I still fell for it! There must be something seriously, SERIOUSLY be something wrong with me. Gaaaaah.

I still feel I'm a little too, I don't know, shrill though...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, the polls are pointless. See you there!

message 9: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Manny,
You have already lost this round of hating. Time to move on. : )
Let the new round begin! Then you can continue to be shrill about something else!

Ha, this is really fun.

message 10: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Jordan wrote: "Manny, just because you know that your precious little Strawberry Shortcake got her ass whooped doesn't mean you have to get personal! : )

It all about a keeping a positive attitude Manny, so I ..."

I just can't believe this. I don't even know who Strawberry Whoever is, and now I'm already having to defend her. Anyway, I don't NEED to know who she is to trash your arguments Jordan. You know those numbers don't mean a thing, you and the rest of the Pony crowd totally rigged this poll. I hate the Pony and her whole stable! And I hate Strawberry Shortcake too for getting me into this!

Am I going to get billed at the end of the session?

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori WHO IS STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE AND THE LITTLE GOD DAMN PONY?

If someone doesn't tell me soon, I'm reporting this hateful place to Otis.

message 12: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) King Dinösaur wrote: "By the way - I hate new members. Screw you both."

Aaargh! I didn't even see you lurking there in the slime. With that pathetic heavy-metal umlaut that's supposed to make your name sound kinda cool. What sort of place is this? I HATE it, you, me, and the fact that I got up an hour earlier than I'd meant to for such a stupid, meaningless discussion!!!

message 13: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) More than you ever wanted to know about Strawberry Shortcake: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawber...

Just for comparison: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_littl...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Really, Lori? They were toys and/or cartoons in the 80s. They have recently seen a revival in popularity every since the 80s became retro. The problem with the new Strawberry Shortcake line is that, in an effort to be politically correct, some multi-cultural characters knocked out my all time favorite, Blueberry Muffin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawber...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_littl...

message 15: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) By the way, has anyone else here read Damon Knight's Analogue Men? I'm basing my script on the chapter "Revolted to see you".

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha! Cross-post, Tom. Mine's better.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

message 18: by Jordan (last edited Jan 16, 2009 10:59PM) (new)

Jordan King Dinösaur wrote: "By the way - I hate new members. Screw you both."

Well, well, that sounds like there may be a true hater among us. I don't know Manny what do you think? I don't know if he has bee lurking in the slime, or just posing?
Time for the new round to BEGIN!

hehehe!

message 19: by Lori (new)

Lori Heh. Boy I really didn't understand that poll at all, haha!

Yeah, um, you know why I didn't know anything about this? Because I'm too old. I HATE YOU ALL for reminding me of this!

message 20: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Oh how horrible. Now that I know something about Strawberry Shortcake, I hate her even more than My Little Pony. How could you do this to me, and crush all my illusions? Montambo and Tom, I HATE YOU!

Is the Dinösaur out for the count?

message 21: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Manny wrote: "By the way, has anyone else here read Damon Knight's Analogue Men? I'm basing my script on the chapter "Revolted to see you".
"

Wait we are working off of a script?! Loser! I was just hating, because it's what I do best.
Ha, Manny I have already won this new round!

message 22: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Of all the evil 80s kids shows, i've always hated the Smurfs more than either My Little Pony or Strawberry Shortcake.

message 23: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Jordan wrote: "Wait we are working off of a script?! Loser! I was just hating, because it's what I do best.
Ha, Manny I have already won this new round! "

I hate this game! I don't even understand the rules.

message 24: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Anyway, I need to leave for Switzerland in a bit more than an hour, so I'm signing off.

I had a perfectly terrible time here, you are all disgusting, AND I WON'T BE BACK!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Good! Scram!!

message 26: by Lori (new)

Lori Huh, so I've seen this dude Manny around altho not run into him directly before, so I decide to check out his profile to see 1)how old since he didn't seem to know about Pony and Shortcake either, and then when I check out his books I see; 2) he's got Dante is the SCIENCE FICtION section.

Damn I hate that. I had never ever thought of Inferno as science fiction. Just classics. Damn. It IS science ficton/speculative fiction. He's right, I'm wrong. I HATE HIM.

message 27: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I give Manny 16 hours, tops, before he posts again.

message 28: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Manny wrote: "Anyway, I need to leave for Switzerland in a bit more than an hour, so I'm signing off.
I had a perfectly terrible time here, you are all disgusting, AND I WON'T BE BACK!!
"

Good leave! This group is much better off without you! : )
Alright I am having way too much fun with this even to hate it!
Oh, NO!

message 29: by Lori (new)

Lori Oh so he has to leave for Switzerland, poor poor guy.

message 30: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Lori wrote: "Oh so he has to leave for Switzerland, poor poor guy."

I know he is such a complainer! Manny complains much better than he hates.

message 31: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Tom wrote: "I give Manny 16 hours, tops, before he posts again."

Yeah I think Manny is just lurking, plotting his revenge. Its alright though, we can take him!

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori Jordan, is Manny from New York? New Yorkers have raised complaining to an art form. (I should know, being one.)

:D

message 33: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Lori, I HATE that insinuation. I have lived virtually everywhere EXCEPT New York. And I hate Tom for being right that I would be back within 16 hours. And why are all my plants dead??

message 34: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Manny wrote: "Lori, I HATE that insinuation. I have lived virtually everywhere EXCEPT New York. And I hate Tom for being right that I would be back within 16 hours. And why are all my plants dead??
"

See I told you he was lurking! You just couldn't stay away could you? I smell defeat in the air!

message 35: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell So how's Switzerland treating you? I hear Lake Geneva is lovely this time of year.

message 36: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) I hate this stupid country. I haven't even seen the lake yet, and I ate too much for dinner last night. I could be skiing, and instead I'm discussing Japanese grammar, over the weekend even. I hate life!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Ditch those bores! Carpe diem!

message 38: by C. (new)

C. (placematsgalore) I hate the fact that I joined this group just to tell Manny that I hate the fact that his hating sounds like the hating of a spoilt teenager who didn't renew the insurance on the $50,000 mercedes her daddy bought her for her 21st birthday so that the dent in the front right hand door will cost $30,000 to fix. Work on ya hating, Manny.

message 39: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Choupette wrote: "I hate the fact that I joined this group just to tell Manny that I hate the fact that his hating sounds like the hating of a spoilt teenager who didn't renew the insurance on the $50,000 mercedes h..."

I hate you Choupette for seeing through me like that. OK, I will come clean. There is no Manny, I just downloaded the picture from the Web. I'm actually 22 years old and female. I spend most of my time partying and getting photographed for the gossip columns. I'm officially here in Switzerland to attend finishing school, but in fact I'm in rehab. I had to agree to it or they were going to cut off my trust fund.

message 40: by C. (new)

C. (placematsgalore) I hate hating, and also Manny for giving up her secret so easily (nice touch, btw... Manny). Much hate to you all. I'm off.

message 41: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) In Manny's defense, he (she?) did vote correctly on the "Borg" polls.

message 42: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Tom wrote: "In Manny's defense, he (she?) did vote correctly on the "Borg" polls."

Well, you know what we party girls are like. Most afternoons I'll do a few lines, post on GR, and then discuss Star Trek with my beau du jour in the hot tub until it's time to start getting ready for dinner. You pick up some useful stuff that way.

message 43: by David (new)

David One of the local delicacies in Switzerland is truffle turde salade. Ask for it by name. Of course there is an umlat over the u. I hope you eat a pile of it.

message 44: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) I asked for the trüffle türde salade at the restaurant this evening, hitting the umlauts as hard as I could, which generally makes my lips exquisitely kissable. The waiter watched my mouth closely, but gave me a Gallic shrug, and said something in a foreign language, probably French. I repeated my request a little more loudly, adding that I was an American (it isn't, technically, true, but it seemed the right thing to say) and leaning forward about 15 degrees to emphasize my point. The waiter lowered his eyes in embarrassment, but was still unable to help me. So I figured that I'd done my duty to my THC friends, and asked him to give me an egg-white omelette made with organic free-range right-wing eggs and a bottle of Bollinger. I'm sorry, David, maybe you got the spelling wrong.

message 45: by David (new)

David Hey Manny, if you are the persona of a 22 year old female in Switzerland trying to save your trust fund through rehab it is no wonder there were such dinning order difficulties. Remembering who you are and getting two lips to flap the right way during rehab is tough enough, let alone an ü. This is a crappy mixed up plot so far but with all that downtime don't forget to read, and as J.W. Eagan said, "Never judge a book by its movie."

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments All I want to know is if he is serious about making that order… cuz I get angry with just reading it… seriously the level of snobbery on that post makes me want to stab people… and I don’t mean in the good way like how I want to stab Seth… I mean in the psychopathic serious way!! Dear god I hate post #49… many seriously.. I don’t like you…. For some reason you bring the bully out of me… every time I read your post I feel like vomiting…

message 47: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Oh my goodness, Alfonso, I see I hit a nerve here. Maybe you once were dumped by a woman who wasn't quite as pathetically middle-class as you? And BunWat, I can assure you that, if you ever were fortunate enough to meet me in real life, you wouldn't be thinking scrawny. I'm rather nicely proportioned. Not boasting: my personal trainer and dietician is very competent, and she knows she'd be out of a job if she let that happen.

By the way, next time you order an omelette, try throwing in the "right-wing" bit. It doesn't mean anything, but it makes them nervous enough that you get better service. A little tip from one of my Park Avenue friends that I thought I'd pass on absolutely free.

Have a nice day! I'm off for some shopping therapy.

message 48: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Manny wrote: "Oh my goodness, Alfonso, I see I hit a nerve here. Maybe you once were dumped by a woman who wasn't quite as pathetically middle-class as you? And BunWat, I can assure you that, if you ever were fo..."

Manny,
I go away for 2 days and you are still causing trouble! It's alright though because now I am back, and we know who is really in charge!
: )

message 49: by Manny (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) Jordan sweetie, thank heavens you're back! These people are being so horrible to me, I just have no idea why.

I think Doctor Rosenschein was right, I should only post as "Manny". Everyone's nice to him.

message 50: by Manny (last edited Jan 20, 2009 12:18PM) (new)

Manny (mannyrayner) I am mortified to discover that someone has apparently hacked into my GoodReads account and has been posting under my name. I suspect a woman I recently met at a party. I remember logging into GR to show her my Tribute to Robin Baker and drinking rather a lot of champagne, but my recollections of the rest of the evening are extremely hazy. It was almost certainly a bad idea to start mixing the champagne with absinthe.

She left me a note saying that I shouldn't forget to buy the next issue of Hello! I hope she was just teasing me.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.