This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate money (but I love going on trips and stuff).

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have made plans to go on two trips in the next couple of months! I'm going to Chicago in February to see friends, and I'm going to New York for Spring Break. I am going to meet Alfonso!

I started thinking of ways to get more money:
--sell some books
--sell some clothes
--sub in the after school program.

Then I thought, "wait a minute...why don't I just use my paychecks? They're smaller this year, but still pretty huge." Then I thought, "Where do my paychecks go?"

I have no idea.

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Budget? I've got a spending money checking account and a bills checking account. I figured up how much i should be spending each week, and that goes into the spending money account. Everything else goes into the bills account. When i tap out the spending money account, that's it until payday. Since what i put into the bills account is more than enough to cover the bills, i build up a bit of a surplus which i can then use for whatever big expenses i didn't anticipate.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie, as far as I see it, I'll just use another huge check for Costa Rica!

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel I've got some ideas.

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Marie wrote: "let me guess...about the poles?"

No, no! I was going to say yard sale and bake off! You could get dancers like Turbo and Ozone and pretty soon the rec center would be saved!!!

What was I talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakin&...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Dnaiel! Where do you find these movies?!

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Montambo wrote: "Dnaiel! Where do you find these movies?!"

I am a child of the eighties...the very dark eighties. When it's a 120 degrees outside you run out of movies to watch very quickly.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Did you watch "Cloak and Dagger?"

I loved that one.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

And I am going to spy on Mr. Greg and Karen.

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Wait... I thought you said we were just going to switch the bibles from the religion section to the science fiction…. I aint playing spy on nobody!!! I’m a guy with an accent I know what happens to spies with accents that are not British!!! They either get shot or end up as comic relief! I aint down with that!!! After the bible moving operation you on your own!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

okay. just the bibles.

message 12: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I have a hard time believing you would leave Sarah "on her own" in NY.

message 13: by Greg (new)

Greg wait wait, you're going to mess with my bibles? And then you are going to put them in Karen's sci-fi section? Karen doesn't take nicely to people messing with her section.

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Dude, I haven’t done it myself cuz I don’t know the abc! If I knew where to put God’s work I’ll do it!! That’s where montambo comes in… after that I’ll blame it all on her!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe we could spend all four days IN the Barnes & Noble!

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Nana, you taking me to cool places and explaining to me wtf is going on!! You promise!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I was joking. We're packing the schedule!

message 18: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) i can vouch that barnes and noble is way cool.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Alfonso showed it to me on Google Maps.

message 20: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) i will grant you access, but you have to be on your best behavior.... no messing with my bookas.... fonso will show you the ropes. and it doesnt hurt to bring baked goods...

message 21: by Greg (new)

Greg Montambo I dare you to sit in on the ground in front of some of the books in the fiction section, and then refuse to move when Karen politely tells you where you can sit.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I would not actually mess with your bookas. I'm a librarian. There's a code.

message 23: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) shit, ill just send bernadette over.

message 24: by Greg (new)

Greg You don't have to mess with them. Just sit in front of some of them.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Is that the store poodle?

message 26: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) she aint no poodle - shes an english bulldog...

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Is bernaddette *big black lady who sits on a chair*???? Cuz I hate her!!! She aint cool! I also hate *black dude who boot the poor white dude who offer me a pen* for no damn reason!!! I hate em!!! I hate em!!!!!

Tambo, fine don’t mess with them… just tell me if you were to shelve em in the sci-fi section… where would you place em?

message 28: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) thats bernadette. she is a wonderful woman. and i suppose you mean leroy, but was the guy who offered you a pen the one sitting in the corner and cursing loudly to himself?? because he was removed with cause...he comes in a lot and has fits.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Under G authors for "God-breathed, and used for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness."

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) No, he was quiet… he was sitting in my mighty corner and I was sitting next wishing that he had to take a shit or something so I could take my corner… and the dude booted him! That was bull shit! He was on nobody’s way! I was but he was not! Wtf is with your staff and reader hating people who refuse the chairs??? FUCKING CHAIRS! I hate em too!!!

message 31: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) dude, thats leroys job. its what he does. he is a sweetheart of a man who makes my life easier. as is bernadette. no one can quiet the teenaged like she can. im sorry she moved you. she can be overzealous and she didnt know you had carte blanche. i dont know about corner guy. usually leroy lets people sit there. the guy most have been a douche for another reason. our store is full of douches..

message 32: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I bet the douches mostly hang out in the New Age section.

message 33: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) i wish... then they wouldnt be my problem....they would be gregs haha

message 34: by Greg (new)

Greg Karen had a couple of nice douches that she met today in new age.

message 35: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) ah yes... the rebellious misunderstood youth...

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Did they pulled a John on you and called you a bitch?

message 37: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) no they werent that clever

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01)
You mean they were less clever than john??? The man who ask me this morning who would win a fight between the power rangers vs the voltron team???
for the love of god woman tell the story already! I wanna read this!

message 39: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) seriously, its not at all interesting. anything you could imagine would be more interesting than the truth. just very run-of-the-mill bookstore ordeals.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

My friend used to be a bookseller (now he moderates on the THC). He says that a store full of booksellers are always sleeping with each other and being sluttier than some other professions. Is this true?

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) I’ve been called more than once a man of sordid tastes… why don’t you let me decide what is interesting or not… right now I’m really curious about the incident =P

message 42: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) they were sitters, i tried to move them, i went away, i came back,they hadnt moved, i repeated myself, they gave backsass, i pointed to signs and books they were in front of, they moved...

really fonso... total snore...

message 43: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) im not so slutty. gregs not so slutty... we are all old and dead inside... maybe the younger bucks on the second floor...two of our staff in the store just had a baby together... but they are married so i dont think that counts as slutty...

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Dear god woman you was right! That sounds like something that came out of a Robert Coover novel!!!

message 45: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) remember you begged me for it

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) i never beg darling =)

message 47: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) actually, that part sounds slutty...

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I was not questioning you and Greg. I just always have wondered since he told me that. "What is it about booksellers?" I wondered.

message 49: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) booksellers do it by the book(s)

okay im going to bed - no more puns please!!

message 50: by Greg (new)

Greg how can you not feel the urge to be slutty when you're selling books called How to Tickle his Pickle, with the chapter, What to do after Eruption: To Swallow or Not to Swallow.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.