David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

David Estes
This topic is about David Estes
David´s Corner > David's Random, Overly Energetic, and Sometimes Sarcastic Updates

Comments Showing 1-50 of 973 (973 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Some of what I post on here will be serious, but most of it not :) I can also answer questions on my books, my life, world peace, male hygiene, or any other topic of interest or disinterest ;) Beware, I tend to use sarcasm to a fault, so take more of what I say less seriously and less of what I say more seriously (you can read that twice but it probably still won't make sense)

message 2: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (last edited Jun 02, 2012 04:58PM) (new)

Ok, we are nearly done packing up our life to leave our small apartment on Manly Beach in Sydney to travel the world!! The last thing my wife just said to me: "I hate you." Hmm, not a good start to the trip. I know what you're thinking and no, I didn't do something mean and stupid (although I have done many such things in the past). It's my OCD that she's hating at the moment lol. You see, I'm completely packed and ready to go because I hate doing things at the last minute, while she is scrambling around trying to decide on which shoes to take, to chuck out, to give away etc. I know she doesn't really hate me....well, probably not, right?

message 3: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments OMG hahahaha i would hate you too LOL!!!, me chucking shoes... not gonna happen anytime soon

message 4: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Martha wrote: "male hygiene??
hahaha!

Manly Beach?
Oh my goodness! That is too funny!!!

No she doesn't hate you."

Yeah you know, like underarm hair, nose hair, eyebrow plucking (yeah, pretty much just has to do with hair)

And yes it's seriously called Manly beach, hysterical right?

Thanks I hope you're right lol

message 5: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Karla(Book Addict) wrote: "OMG hahahaha i would hate you too LOL!!!, me chucking shoes... not gonna happen anytime soon"

Hahaha! You'll have to show me your shoe collection if we visit you in Mexico lol. Although I'll have to pretend to be interested, shoes are more Adele's thing haha

message 6: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments Hahahahaha my babies hahahaha I have like 40 pairs

message 7: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Goodness thats a lot of shoes!!!!! And have fun David! Make sure to come back to Oz!!! :D

Ps. Couldn't resist, male hygeine!!!!! xD bahahahaha!

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments I go out to dinner and miss the fun. I feel for your wife~having to throw out shoes~No Way. Lil. I love tennis shoes. I have them with frogs and checkerboards. Id never be able to decide.

As far as the man hair., I have to shave my husbands ears. Lol. Just thought I would throw that in. Lol

message 9: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Ok...I'm baaaaaack. I started the first book today, Angel Evolution. I am really loving it so far. The only thing that I have a slight problem with is that Gabriel is blonde. I'm not so into blonde guys. But I'm sure I'll figure out a way to get over it. LOL I love the description David uses for Taylor. I have a feeling I'm going to like her. :)

So David. At the ages of 7,5 and 3, why do my boys find burping, mostly at the table, to be so hiarious? Please share. Thanks.

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora wrote: "Ok...I'm baaaaaack. I started the first book today, Angel Evolution. I am really loving it so far. The only thing that I have a slight problem with is that Gabriel is blonde. I'm not so into blonde..."

Lol-they continue to think burping and other bodily functions are funny well past their teens. I don't get it....My boys all get together and it's insane.

message 11: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) My brothers and father think farting is the funniest, and what's bad is they do it at the table during dinner. But worse than that they hold each other down and then fart in the face of the person pinned down. Super gross! ._.

message 12: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Sherri wrote: "My brothers and father think farting is the funniest, and what's bad is they do it at the table during dinner. But worse than that they hold each other down and then fart in the face of the person ..."

THAT IS GROSS!! Lol

message 13: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: "Dvora wrote: "Ok...I'm baaaaaack. I started the first book today, Angel Evolution. I am really loving it so far. The only thing that I have a slight problem with is that Gabriel is blonde. I'm not ..."

I know my husband laughs too. He's no help. I'm trying to tell my boys not to do that and yet my husband laughs. Ugh. Men!

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments I have a serious case of OCD as well, what I never understand is when I see a married man with hair growning out of his ears *shudder*

My hubby's best friend is SUPER hot like 6'4 and really drop dead gorgeous, and he has hair sticking out of his ear.... I mean really his wife should let him know that is not attractive in the least!

I am the youngest of three and the only girl, my house also full of men. Yeah farting is apparently one of the funniest things that can be done in my house. One piece of advice ... if you can feel the heat of one, the hot ones are to worst, immediately flee.

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments For some weird reason I have a feeling David is not the farting "funny" type... *shrug*

message 16: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments *loking for a gas mask* ok now i´m ready for this convo lol!!!

message 17: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Lmao, in my family its the silent ones that are the worst Nicole, and the way you tell someone did one is if they are trying very hard not to laugh, definitely walk away immediately

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments lmao, so true

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments I hate it when we are out in public and my son passes a deadly cloud then loudly blames it on me. Totally not cool.

message 20: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Totally agree! My dad does that to me and my mom, then again sometimes he tries to make them squeak, which then results in me walking away to find refuge in the book section xD

message 21: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Hey I never said anything about farting. My boys would NEVER do that! LOL and I agree with Nicole Marie. I have a feeling that David is not the type to do it in public either. But he's a guy and probably thinks its funny! LOL

message 22: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments Not the type for subjecting Adele to the Dutch oven though I assume, lol

message 23: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Gosh David....I really hope you can forgive me for starting this sick conversation. Ladies you should all be ashamed of yourselves! I mean really. David is a shy, sensitive, non controversial, quiet, man. I shutter to think of what he thinks of this conversation on his fan page. I'm so sorry David. It's my fault. I'll take the blame.

LOLOLOL quiet!! Sorry, that's funny. I'm funny. Oh so funny. I don't know maybe not. A dork. Yes...a dork. I admit it. I'm a dork!

message 24: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Lmao, nah I'm sure he's not THAT embarassed, lol after all, he said mens hygiene and anything! xD lol sorry sorry I'll stop! *zips lips* oh wait its typing xD

message 25: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments *tip toes away* see i David i had nothing to do with this... errrr

Photobucket

message 26: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) LOLOLOLOL!!!!

message 27: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora wrote: "Gosh David....I really hope you can forgive me for starting this sick conversation. Ladies you should all be ashamed of yourselves! I mean really. David is a shy, sensitive, non controversial, quie..."

Rofl. There is never a dull conversation with you around. Lol David is gonna love this.

message 28: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments lmfao, oh god you she see have bad we get in the the Bad Girls Club!

Alright I was up to five working last night, and the Demon Spawn woke me up at 7:30, so I;m going to bad, night guys!

message 29: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments Night Nic!!!

message 30: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments I am heading to bed myself. You girls rock! I love this group. Where else can you talk about harry men and bodily functions? Lol Night.

message 31: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Lmao night y'all. I'll still be here helping creat mischief cuz it is only 1:30 pm here >:D muahahahahaha!

Jennifer (random jendsmit) (jendsmit) night Nic!

Hubby thinks it's hilarious to give me dutch oven in the AM... so not cool!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments All my 'boys' (hubby included) have this fart while they are sleeping thing going on...

message 34: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments It's midnight here. But I'm a night owl. I'm around. Just watching a really bad movie with my husband. I would rather be reading. LOL

Jennifer (random jendsmit) (jendsmit) Alana (aka ◘Whiplash◘) wrote: "All my 'boys' (hubby included) have this fart while they are sleeping thing going on..."

LMAO!

message 36: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Wow *shaking head and laughing* I've been busily packing up the rent-a-truck and now I'm on the way to my inlaws so finally has time to check this thread! You all have been busy!! Haha. To answer your questions (and yes I think the blame for the grossness of the conversation partially lies with me because I mentioned male hygiene, although D'vora opened it up!) I think in general males are just gross lol! Although on the hair subject I prefer hair in all places to be well groomed, and yes ear and nose hair must be clipped!!! Lol!!!

message 37: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Lmao! See he doesn't seem embarassed ladies! :D

message 38: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Yeah, yeah...go ahead blame me. Men are always looking for a way out!

Btw David..."On the hair subject I prefer hair in all places to be well groomed." How very Fifty of you!!!!

Only some of you will get that. But why do I have a feeling that most of the women in this particular group will! LOLOLOL

message 39: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Lol yeah I don't get it :p *crossing fingers and hoping its a compliment*

message 40: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "Lol yeah I don't get it :p *crossing fingers and hoping its a compliment*"

LOL. Maybe you should ask your wife. She might get it. LOLOL anyone here care to explain or should we keep him in the dark? Hee hee hee

message 41: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Oh and yes it is a BIG compliment HA!

message 42: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Lmao, does it have to do with a book series Dvora? If so I believe I know it xD

message 43: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Sherri wrote: "Lmao, does it have to do with a book series Dvora? If so I believe I know it xD"

Yes it does.

Hint...I do as I'm told. ;)

message 44: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) xD bahahahaha, haven't read it yet but my mom blew through the series in less than a week and said it was good. It's on my list of to reads even though my mom might not like me reading them because she still won't let me watch some movies (Crazy Stupid Love for instance :P) but oh well! >:D

message 45: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (last edited Jun 03, 2012 03:33AM) (new)

Lol whatever it is, I haven't read it hehe

Ok, here's my next update. Had a massive and crazy farewell party at the inlaws that involved significant amounts of eating which have led to significant amounts of vegging out on the couch in front of the TV. I've got three more guest posts to write for the blog tour but probably won't have the energy until tomorrow, sorry Karla!!

message 46: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Bahaha, I could tell you >:D

....but I won't xD

message 47: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Lol

message 48: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Man do I miss family feasts...haven't had one in years.

message 49: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Where the heck is everyone! I've been sitting here reading some book called Angel Evolution for the past 6 hours or so. Its ok, I mean, eh. I'll probably give it a star or something like that. Hee hee.

I love angels. Don't you love angels? I want wings so I can fly. Hmmm, maybe someday someone will invent that and we can be like the Jetsons!

Now where the heck is everyone?? Did you all fall asleep or something?

Ok, that's my random thought for now.

message 50: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Lol, well I've been writing up some reviews, and about to help my dad build some bookshelves for me and until then im chatting with a long time friend and knitting xD

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20