Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

General Discussion > What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 174 (174 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What are you currently reading? Let us know here.

I am reading Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto , The Last Days (Peeps, #2) by Scott Westerfeld , and Fruits Basket, Vol. 2 (Fruits Basket, #2) by Natsuki Takaya .

message 2: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments I am reading The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater and My Boyfriend is a Vampire Vol. 2 by Yu-Rang Han . I don't know if My Boyfriend is A Vampire a shoujo or not yet, lol!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like a shoujo to me. It's now on my to read list. :) My Boyfriend is a Vampire sounds really interesting.

message 4: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments I know it seems interesting too, I mean turning into a vampire fine but also into a girl....That got laughing lol!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

It's definitely different. As soon as I get a copy, I'll let you know what I think.

message 6: by Cindy III (last edited May 30, 2012 12:47AM) (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments

I am reading Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King, The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa, Tom's Midnight Garden by Philippa Pearce and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa and can't wait to read The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa .

message 8: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Wednesday wrote: "I loved The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa and can't wait to read The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa."

Do you like Ash or Puck better? Neither?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Puck. Mehgan doesn't know much about Ash, but Puck was always in her life.

message 10: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Hey guys! I read that series in May a couple of weeks back! You have got to read Iron Daughter soon! I even thought Iron Knight was good though not many people thought the same...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I am reading The princees bride, Someone Ele's life,
Interview with the Vampire and You are my only.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Princess Bride and Interview with the Vampire are fun. I hope you enjoy them!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Wednesday wrote: "Princess Bride and Interview with the Vampire are fun. I hope you enjoy them!"

Kay , thanks ^^

message 14: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Reading How to Ruin My Teenage Life (How to Ruin, #2) by Simone Elkeles and thinking of starting Skip Beat!, Vol. 1 by Yoshiki Nakamura soon!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, I love Skip beat.....enjoy your books ^^

message 16: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Skip Beat's shoujo right? I haven't read many shoujo manga, I mostly read shounen, but I really want to check this genre more!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, Skip Beat is shoujo.

message 18: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Ooooooh! The only shoujo I have read recently is Fruits Basket(I havent gone till the end) and Ouran High!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I also recommend Sand Chronicles. I'm almost finished and I'm loving it.

message 20: by Cindy III (last edited Jun 14, 2012 11:04PM) (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments I finished all the other books I was reading except Brave New World. I'll try reading it later.

I'm currently reading: D'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths by Ingri d'Aulaire and Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck.

message 21: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Ooooh Tiger Saga :)

I just started the Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent and God they are brilliant, I need more time to read!!

But next week I am gonna start The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead , cant wait!

Right now I am gonna start Skip Beat!, Vol. 1 by Yoshiki Nakamura

Jypsel the Trailblazer (jypselthetrailblazer) I'm in the middle of Idlewild by Nick Sagan. As for manga, I just started Deadman Wonderland, Volume 4 tonight. Pretty bummed I don't have the first three volumes, but they were hard to find! Luckily, it seems like the anime followed it pretty closely.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "Ooooh Tiger Saga :)

I just started the Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent and God they are brilliant, I need more time to read!!

But next week I am gonna start The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead, cant wai..."

I just checked GL out from the library, and I can't wait to start on it!

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 18, 2012 04:37PM) (new)

I reading City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare ,and
Shade (Shade, #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready ,

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh, have fun with Hallowed. That is one crazy book, but in a good way.

message 28: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Oh my God Reading The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead !!! Addicted right now!

message 29: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments I am reading Vampire Knight, Volume 1 by Matsuri Hino Tempted (House of Night, #6) by P.C. Cast A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire #4) by George R.R. Martin

and I am going to start Skip Beat!, Vol. 1 by Yoshiki Nakamura and The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 1 by Arina Tanemura

message 30: by Candylover13 (new)

Candylover13 | 9 comments i am reading City of Lost Souls and Mamotte! Lollipop as for the June suggestions, i already read all of them a really long time ago and i really like all of them :D

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments Should be starting Skip Beat!, Vol. 1 by Yoshiki Nakamura Black Bird, Vol. 1 (Black Bird, #1) by Kanoko Sakurakouji soon:)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool!

Just started Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James .

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments Ohhhhhhhh, have fun with that one. Haven't read it, but I swear, I've read so many reviews and chapter-by-chapter breakdowns, that I don't even need to.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm just curious. So far, the writing is horrible.

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments I've read a few excerpts. Agreed:(

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I just like to know why something gains so much popularity.

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments I'm afraid that's one of life's great mysteries *head shake*

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

So far, I'm not seeing it. I'm just not. I say the same thing about Twilight.

message 39: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments And Fallen!! *Sigh*...

Actually (and this goes for movies and music, not just books), I think the books that are really great are either classics or extremely unheard of. Everything that's popular just seems...fluffy to me.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I've found that Vampire Academy and Unearthly are really good. They're YA, and have gained popularity, but they're not horrible or cliche. However, House of Night started off interesting, but took as serious nose dive. Ten books of nothing happening. It's all just filler.

message 41: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments I just finished Hallowed today, actually, and it wasn't that bad. Cynthia Hand can, for the most part, avoid the cliches that other YA authors don't.

message 42: by Candylover13 (new)

Candylover13 | 9 comments i really like Unearthly and Hallowed! :D i own both of them and would definitely recommend them for a good read!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I would consider Unearthly to be one of those rare jems. It's picking up popularity, yes, but it doesn't feel like just any other paranormal romance.

message 44: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Yes VA is good!! HoN is just a 3 star series according to me but a couple of books would reach 2 or 4 stars!

message 45: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Reading Pandora Hearts, #2 by Jun Mochizuki this is manga is pretty good. I think it is a Alice in Wonderland retelling , so it is good

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been meaning to read that one, seeing as I'm probably the biggest Alice fan you'll ever meet. I'm going to have to post a picture of my tattoo of Alice. :)

I'm currently reading Halo The Flood by William C. Dietz and Negima! Magister Negi Magi, Volume 2 by Ken Akamatsu .

message 47: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments You should! Its good. The first one wasnt amazing but they its gets better, after the intro

message 48: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments Reading Yotsuba&! series.

message 49: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Nekokit wrote: "Reading Yotsuba&! series."

Yotsuba&! is the best! I am impatiently waiting for my library to get a copy of volume 11.

message 50: by jenny (new)

jenny I'm Reading Yotsuba&! too and loving it. I'm currently finishing up volume 6. I have up through 10 checked out from the library, and I'm on the wait-list for 11. Makes me laugh.

« previous 1 3 4