The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

How old were you when you read this?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 258 (258 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Feb 18, 2012 02:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annabel ♥ I was 12. How old was everyone else? Also--what do you think is the best age to read it? I think 11 or 12 and up is fine. So therefore, 6th grade & up.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

12, did not like the series.

Catfish :D 11.

My seven-year-old cousin announced he wanted to read this yesterday, and everyone was like, sorry, it's a little 'old' for you. XD

Kayley i was 11. but i started adult sized books in grade 3 so thats not really surpriseing.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Kayley wrote: "i was 11. but i started adult sized books in grade 3 so thats not really surpriseing."

'adult size' hahaha that's so.... different.

Annabel ♥ Kayley wrote: "i was 11. but i started adult sized books in grade 3 so thats not really surpriseing."

I started reading adult books at 9 or 10, too

Yazi 12

message 11: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah 12/13

Summer 13 :D

Kellie 13/14

message 15: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe 15

message 16: by Dara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dara 12

Logan 13

Anika 11

Hannah 11

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachel 14

Christina i had just turned 14, if i had been any younger, i think i would have wasted a series, because i wouldn't have understood it quite yet. i ended up re-reading them 3 times, and each time i got such a better understanding.

message 23: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa 14.

It depends on the kid. Some would not be able to read it much younger. But (for example) I know someone who reads whatever her older brother is reading, and he's about seven years older.

Irene I read what my older sister reads, and she's 9 years older. I read the Hunger Games series when I was in 4th grade. Like many other people, I read "Adult Size" books since I was in 3rd grade.

message 26: by C.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.D. Hussey 36. lol. Just finished it in fact.

message 27: by MB (new) - rated it 4 stars

MB 23

Hayley 20

Holly I was 25 and I could not put it down!

message 30: by Paul (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paul Hulford 40. Thought the first book was brilliant.

Christi 45...I absolutely loved it. I confess, that I can't wait to see the movie. The trailer looks enticing and aligns with my picture of the characters.

Charlotte 15 :) I am 15 lol

Lyssa Ruiz 10

Jacob I was 9

Connie I was around 9 or 10

Rebecca It was this past summer, so I was 32, which I still am for another month.

message 38: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess 10

Kathy 52

Jonny Holstead 7

message 41: by Erin (last edited Feb 20, 2012 04:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin 39

ETA: I have a 9 year old daughter and I don't think she's ready for this series. she's read things that have death and violence but they were more "fantasy violence" a la Redwall and Harry Potter.

Ariel 14

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Annabel ♥ Erin wrote: "39

ETA: I have a 9 year old daughter and I don't think she's ready for this series. she's read things that have death and violence but they were more "fantasy violence" a la Redwall a..."

id say wait until she is 11 or 12...

Karen 67

message 46: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Anne wrote: "Erin wrote: "39

ETA: I have a 9 year old daughter and I don't think she's ready for this series. she's read things that have death and violence but they were more "fantasy violence" a la [book:Re..."

id say wait until she is 11 or 12...

Yeah, and also she really has no interest in them. We both just read and loved Collins' Gregor the Overlander. It's not like there are no books out there for tween readers - we are so lucky to have such an amazing assortment of classic and new books to choose from. There will be time for older books like The Hunger Games.

message 47: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat I was 10 and loved it

Lostshadows 36

I could have handled it at a younger age than 11 or 12, but that sounds like a good average age for them.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

i think i was 12 or 11 idk.. but i was prepared for the viloence

« previous 1 3 4 5 6