Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

I'm curious!!! What happens when Bella is on her period?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

BelleScar I am just curious. If Bella scent is soooooooo ridiculously out of this world to Edward. And it causes him to seriously work on "controlling" himself around her, because as we all know he doesn't want to kill her. But in New Moon at the birthday party she gets a "paper cut" and a single drop of blood appears and Jasper looses it, and I am sure it took Edward alot of to controll himself as well.

So getting to the point.... How come in Four whole books Bella never once had her period? What is up with that?

liTTleTalks hahahahhaah

Kriggan23 lol very true

Elaina Stephenie actually explains it somewhere on her website, I think under q and a. I read it a while ago, but it was something like that particular blood smells differently than fresh blood from a paper cut.

message 5: by Will (last edited Nov 17, 2011 09:45AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV Really? We're making this thread again ?

Here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

/thread

BelleScar Thanks for the thread Will....

liTTleTalks Elaina wrote: "Stephenie actually explains it somewhere on her website, I think under q and a. I read it a while ago, but it was something like that particular blood smells differently than fresh blood from a pa..."

yuck!

message 8: by Will (last edited Nov 17, 2011 12:33PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV Zainab*Dont Live With Regrets* wrote: "yuck!"

Grow up.

Kimmie wrote: "Thanks for the thread Will...."

No problem.

Now let's leave this thread alone.

Leslie I laughed out loud when I read this thread title and then the comments!! Will, I couldn't agree more!! Let's move on...

liTTleTalks @will- i was just saying! sheesh..

Yasmine You know I thought about the exact same thing when i arrived to the paper-cut chapter....

message 12: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin I thought the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rachel ahahhaah brilliant question

message 14: by Sofia (new) - rated it 1 star

Sofia LMAO!!

Valerie I thought about the same question. I guessed that was partial reason for the vacations during the sunny days. I would imagine it being difficult with all of those females in one building. So maybe they don't notice it somehow.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Girls, why don't you put down twilight and pick up a biology book and learn how your menstrual cycle works?

It's combination of blood, tissue, and unfertilized egg. It's not pure blood from the veins, it's rejected mass.

message 17: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat hahaha this is hilarious XD, but seriously y'all if you were a vampire would you want to drink blood with unfertilized egg, and tissue, plus the blood is old, and yucky and sticky. Hahaha but good topic

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ what kind of Q is that???nobody ever goes to the bathroom or has their period or anything in books

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Nati wrote: "what kind of Q is that???nobody ever goes to the bathroom or has their period or anything in books"

LOL Wut?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Nati wrote: "what kind of Q is that???nobody ever goes to the bathroom or has their period or anything in books"

i notice that too. Main chaacters NEVER go to the bathroom to actually GO to the bathroom, they all go to go undercover or sumtin. im not saying that authors should describe the Character's Journey To the Toilet. but come on.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

plus i agree on the...other topic... the only time Bella had ever mentioned her period was in the 4th book *SPOILER ALERT* when she got pregnent. WTF? saw this joke the other day...
Edward -Bella i drank your blood last night
Bella - but there weren't any bite marks
Edward -....
Me -Wha-- EWWWWWW

Lauraleigh hehehe made me giggle :)

message 23: by Lynne (new) - rated it 1 star

Lynne Lowe This is hilarious!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks...I guess

Letizia Your question is very funny. True, that is not usual to read in novels. I never thought about this question but is a very good observation. I guess Stephanie just wanted to skip that part to avoid to many explanations, maybe.

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ hahahahaha, Georgia, yur right, they shouldnt explain the bathroom subjects but still, i mean cmon.hahahaha that joke was hilarious. i almost laughed outloud!!!

Melissa I asked the very same question. If anyone was gonna kill her durning her period why didn't Jasper do it then. Or for that fact why not attack the whole school?

Ruthanne ha!

Brianna had that question too...

Curlygirly lol i wondered the same thing when i read this series!!

marry anne (rosii) That is sooooo true not in any of the books did she ever get it
Lol thou

April Georgia wrote: "plus i agree on the...other topic... the only time Bella had ever mentioned her period was in the 4th book *SPOILER ALERT* when she got pregnent. WTF? saw this joke the other day...
Edward -Bella ..."

HAHAHAHA!!! I just got a gross visual from your comment, it involves Edward, a tampon, and holding it like a stogie.

And to all the posters that want a mature conversation about Twilight... ain't gonna happen because the topic is about TWILIGHT!!! duh

Ashley LOL Bad visuals!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

April wrote: "HAHAHAHA!!! I just got a gross visual from your comment, it involves Edward, a tampon, and holding it like a stogie."

I always thought they would make good tea bags.

April Paul wrote: "April wrote: "HAHAHAHA!!! I just got a gross visual from your comment, it involves Edward, a tampon, and holding it like a stogie."

I always thought they would make good tea bags."

Brilliant!!!!! hahaha

message 36: by Gerd (last edited Dec 28, 2011 08:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd Nati wrote: "what kind of Q is that???nobody ever goes to the bathroom or has their period or anything in books"

Not all true, I think it's Suzy McKee Charnas (It's either her or another of the young wild ones*) that opened her story with the main characters onset of her periode - and King's character's actually tend to use the bathroom frequently for what it was build for (actually King really has a thing for make us suffer through all the mundane, often smelly everyday parts of life).

*Edit:
I just realize, she might not be considered being that young anymore. :D

Gopika Georgia wrote: "Nati wrote: "what kind of Q is that???nobody ever goes to the bathroom or has their period or anything in books"

i notice that too. Main chaacters NEVER go to the bathroom to actually GO to the ..."

Read the book It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Nizzini. The protagonist loves peeing. =P
But, it's a good book regardless. =)

Irene lovely topic.

Gopika If you're talking about the book by Ned Nizzini. Peeing isn't the topic. It's about a suicidal teenager who spends time at a psychiatric hospital.

message 40: by kw_pagemaster (last edited Dec 28, 2011 10:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kw_pagemaster Well, I'd hope that Edward wouldn't get hungry over period blood, because that's just sick.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

It is sick, but in all actuality, and I wish I was making this up, there are parts of the world's population who have a menstruation fetish.

kw_pagemaster Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

Madison Well.... the period blood's much different than regular blood. It is basically dead cells and waste. While regular blood is useful, has oxygen, and so on.

message 44: by April (last edited Dec 28, 2011 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

April I love how the twihards are trying to rationalize the differnce between a period and "fresh" blood.
Hahaha, you are a funny bunch!!!

Kirby April wrote: "I love how the twihards are trying to rationalize the differnce between a period and "fresh" blood.
Hahaha, you are a funny bunch!!!"

are you implying that there is no difference?

BubblesTheMonkey I just don't think SM considered it.... I loved the books but there are things in them that don't make sense that should be explained.

Sabzzy123 I love how we were all thinking the same thing. But honastly dis she just not see him for a week every month. The book is inconsistint

April Kirby wrote: "April wrote: "I love how the twihards are trying to rationalize the differnce between a period and "fresh" blood.
Hahaha, you are a funny bunch!!!"

are you implying that there is no difference?"

I'm not implying anything. I'm flat out stating that twihards are a freaky lot and the amount of thought that has gone into how their beloved fictional vampire handles a period is FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS!!!!!
Where is your sense of humor!?! Geeze!!!!!!

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ this discussion is weird,:P yuck,hahhahaahaha

Curlygirly hmmmm i bet she locked herself in her room and kept a stake by her side just in case ;)
jk... i don't know but this HILARIOUS

« previous 1