Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Need a recommendation

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Im looking for a series where the main characters don't like each other at first. They have more of a love/hate relationship and the guy is a badboy/a$$hole. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 192 comments Immortals after dark are pretty good for that. and some of the Black dagger brotherhood, and Dark-hunters
Read those?

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments I love BDB! I was thinking about reading IAD though. Is it pretty good? What would you compare it to?

message 4: by Sondrae (new)

Sondrae Bennett | 32 comments I second Immortals after Dark by Kresley Cole. Amazing series. The first one in the series is A Hunger Like No Other.

Also, it's UF not PNR, but I'd say Mac and Barrons from the Fever series fit the description. The First one is Darkfever.

message 5: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I second the Dark-Hunters. Not a fan of IAD, though.

Also, try Pamela Palmer's Feral Warriors.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 192 comments Nothing lol, it's so different, So may creatures but I love the female character they are so fuunny, the other one that would be great that I just discovered is the Psy/Changeling series, wow that re sooooo good!

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 192 comments And the Dark-hunters are you're classic back boys, YUMMMY

message 8: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments AlbertaJenn wrote: "I second the Dark-Hunters. Not a fan of IAD, though.

Also, try Pamela Palmer's Feral Warriors."

In

Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4) by Pamela Palmer the hero has been an a$$hole through 3 books, let alone at the beginning of the book. I'm enjoying it right now.

message 9: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost they tried to kill each other :))

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookbarrio) | 13 comments I just read The Shadow Reader (McKenzie Lewis #1) by Sandy Williams
It's a bit like that because the heroine gets captured by rebels who are trying to convince her to side with them.

I second the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. First book is Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 11: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Nov 07, 2011 08:46AM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong (well, he likes her, but he bite her and made her a werewolf- so there is an ocean of "bad blood" between them)
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison (throughout the series Rachel and Trent have a hate/drawn together kind of thing.... oh and he keeps her in a cage at one point and drugs her...)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews (Hard to get through the first 2 books because the new "world" is quite a jolt to the system, but so worth it)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments oh and Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments and I definitely recommend Night Huntress... love me some Bones!

message 14: by Nicole (last edited Nov 07, 2011 10:36AM) (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 192 comments Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

That is a great series but the first book was really hard to get through for me. And book 5, I honestly would have not gotten to Pale demon had it not been for all my goodread friends, they told me to keep going that it got better and WOW did it. Not allot of action (sex) in that series though.

And The feral Warriors series was awesome too.

Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley

Was very good as well, as long as you can handle the Alpha male, lol

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 192 comments The fever series was amazing too, and they sure didn't get along for few books!

Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments Thanks everyone! I will check them out. Let me know if you come up with anymore!

message 17: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill I think this one fits the bill