Start by marking “Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)

Angels' Blood

(Guild Hunter #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  68,257 ratings  ·  4,257 reviews
USA Today bestselling author Nalini Singh introduces a world of beauty and bloodlust, where angels hold sway over vampires…

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she’s the best—but she doesn’t know if she’s good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear—failure is no
Mass Market Paperback, 339 pages
Published March 3rd 2009 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Angels' Blood, please sign up.
Marsha No, thank God! Elena is a skilled hunter, doesnt spend time being glamorous or helpless or petulant. She isn't impossibly perfect/beautiful, and her…moreNo, thank God! Elena is a skilled hunter, doesnt spend time being glamorous or helpless or petulant. She isn't impossibly perfect/beautiful, and her weaknesses are believable.
She works for an organisation of hunters, male + female who are all tough,strong and skilled. She's intelligent, and more like a real woman than many of the Paranormal Romance books out there. The world-building in the series is superb, the secondary characters fantastic- many good enough to be the centre of their own book.
And the archangel Raphael is a three dimensional alpha male. Definately a series worth reading.(less)

·  68,257 ratings  ·  4,257 reviews

Kat Kennedy
Jul 10, 2010 rated it liked it
A number of child-angels gather around their mother up in heaven somewhere, each taking a seat on a fluffy cloud of perfection to eagerly await the forbidden story: How Mum and Dad Met.

"Mother!" the eldest, almost a teenager, chirps. "Tell us, please!"

A chorus of cherub voice cry out in agreement like the tinkering of old church bells.

"Yes, mother!"

"Tell us!"

"Please tell us!"

The mother laughs, her face a beacon of light and joy as she gestures for the children to sit quietly.

"Very well then, ch
Lora
Dec 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: people who are looking to read more paranormal romance
You know how if you eat too many sweets you eventually throw up? Well, I think that's where I'm at with the paranormal romance genre. It just isn't for me anymore.
Angels' Blood is listed as an "urban fantasy with romance" - well, I'm here to tell you that if this is urban fantasy, I'm Donald Trump needlessly living out my writing fantasies by having a GR account as a girl named Lora.
It is ridiculous to call Angels' Blood an urban fantasy. It has all of the classic PR traits: an oversexed, dange
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I've been a fan of Nalini Singh for several years now. I started reading her with the Silhouette Desires she published, and I liked the way she wrote intense love stories with magnetic heroes and heroines I liked. I waffled for a year or so before deciding to try her book Slave to Sensation. I was just getting into paranormal, and I wasn't sure about the sci-fi elements. Finally, I read it, and I was hooked from that point on.

When I heard that Nalini Singh was venturing into urban fantasy, of c
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Amaaaaaaaaazing!!!

I've been getting a lot of recommendation requests for solid PNR or UF series', something that will hold a readers attention while they wait for the next Black Dagger Brotherhood book. The truth is, there's nothing that compares to the BDB and looking for something "the same as" will only lead to disappointment. So don't bother. Instead, look for something just as compelling, exciting, sexy, and gripping, even though the world is entirely different. When people ask my opinion
Jennifer Kyle

”I was born to be what I am.” A hunter. A tracker. A loner.”

description

Elena Deveraux is a vampire hunter and has been requested to work a job for the Archangel of New York, Raphael. This story has an equal amount of action, attraction between Elena and Raphael, great cast of supporting characters and a lot of excitement.

“The man wants you – but I’m not sure if he wants to fuck you or kill you.”

The attraction and chemistry between Raphael and Elena was steamy as they work towards catching a rogue Arch
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Making you Human Stars

I knew after reading Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series that I would want to read more from that author, so when I seen she had a angel series I started buying books. Here I am book one, and I am really glad I started this series. I will say it took a bit for me to warm up to Raphael, but by the end of the book he owned my heart.

Elena was awesome and kicked some serious ass. I loved her from the start. She was smart, sweet, and bad-ass all in one. Elena was very rela
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Deserves All 1.000 Re-reads I'm Gonna Do Stars

So after I read this book for the millionth time I decided that it deserves a review.

Let me begin by saying THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER! This book and generally this series is a 10/5 stars! It isn't just one of my favorites. It is one of MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE fantasy-romance series!

This book is the start of an epic love between the Guild Hunter, Elena and the Archangel of New York, Raphael. Elena is hired by Raphael to find another archangel
Kristen
4 Stars

I didn't realize this series was more Urban Fantasy than Paranormal Romance. I'm not a huge fan of the Urban Fantasy genre (the focus centers more on the plot than the romance), but I very much enjoyed reading this story. Nalini Singh is one of my favorite authors and she has the ability to captivate and enthrall me no matter the genre. I won't lie, though; I prefer her Psy-Changeling series to this one. That said, Angels' Blood is one fantastic read!
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Nalini Singh!

This book!

Raphael!

Amazing series, but after reading the other books, this one still remains my favorite. Just brilliant <3

Some of my favorite quotes <3

"She looked into that perfect face and knew she’d never met a more deadly being in her life. If she displeased him, Raphael would kill her as easily as she might swat a fly."

------------------------------------

"“And if I fail?”

“Don’t fail, Elena.” His eyes were mild but his smile, it spoke of things better not said aloud. “You
Maya
description

So let me tell you what I've noticed and what's really getting on my nerves. You won't believe it, but the idiot that I am, I did not write any reviews before 2015-ish. Can you believe it! And everytime I now want to go check out to see how I found the book when I first read it, I of course can't do that. Seriously, I'm so mad at myself right now. Ugh...

But anyway, now that I got that of my chest lets get to the actual review.

It's no secret that Nalini Singh is one of my all time favourite autho
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Unfortunately I was in the minority on this book. I just didn't feel it 🙁
destini mia
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Did I ever want this book to end?

What more could you want than a steamy PNR read?

"... with a master at the art, all pain is pleasure."

Elena is a Guild Hunter, which is like a bounty hunter except she tracks vampires and returns them to their master... the angels.
Then Raphael, an incredibly powerful and ruthless archangel, request her help and she knows that failure isn't an option. Especially when he might not let her live, even if she does succeed.
___________________________________________
Julio Genao
May 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of magic bites,
Recommended to Julio by: MostlyDelores
Shelves: no, bantha-poodoo, dnf
dislike.

dnf at 20 percent.

obsessed with power dynamics, status symbols, and physical beauty.

plus awkward, melodramatic writing as nuanced as any american daytime soap or panel talk show hosted by women trying to out-bitch one another for an hour.

this book filled me with hate.

*is full of hate*
Navessa
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have a horrible track record with books everybody else seems to love. I’m usually the one person on the face of the earth that’s guaranteed to hate them so I was understandably nervous when I started this.

Oh God, everybody likes this

I didn’t hate this. I frigging LOVED it.

This entire book is like a breath of fresh air. It seems to break every cliché used in these types of books. The main character, Elena, is a total BAMF. In so many paranormal stories the MC is the exception to some mysteri
Jilly
A paranormal romance fan will like this book because the biggest problem with most PNR's is that the world is lame. The world in this book is pretty awesome! Nalini Singh has the gift of building new and exciting worlds in her series.

So, in this one, we are all ruled by angel overlords. It's like they are the mob-bosses of the world. They each have a territory that they watch over, and they rule with an iron fist. Sure, we still get to have our human governments, to deal with our petty human con
Choko
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 4 ***

A buddy read with my Wednesday UF and PNR aficionados at BB&B!!! Where are our wings???

I guess this is my year to tackle Nalini Singh, since obviously my lack of knowledge about her body of work was becoming to gape like a festering wound in my PNR education.... WHat I have learned so far is that I love how sexy Changelings are, how passionate the newly awakened Psy can get, and how Humans are developing some major inferiority complexes in all of the worlds she creates. They tend
valee
"I'm crazy about you, Archangel. You scare the shit out of me at times, but I want to dance with you anyway."
-Elena to Raphael

Soooo... I was expecting to read a good book... but never was I expecting to find my next fav. series! I can't believe I waited this long to read this book. I just loved it. I know that some gave just 4 stars to this book, and I don't get it, it had EVERYTHING a good book should have to be one of the bests.

Paranormal-romance and UF fans ------> you MUST read this boo
chan ☆
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
it is done, i have finally conquered the beast

for reference, i've been reading this book off and off for like half a year. and i'm kind of kicking myself because it turned out to be a very solid start to what i'm sure is a fantastic paranormal series.

i think the biggest issue that i had with this book was the lore and the way in which the world was set up. being such a big lover of paranormal romance, specifically ones involving vampires (i mean i have a fcking twilight podcast) i was more than
Jo
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All UF and PNR fans!

October 2017 - Kick-ass Elena is just what I needed after my last disasterous book.

14/09/2016 Buddy reading with the awesome UF addicts over at BB&B!

“What happens if I don’t kill her?”
“Then she will kill you. She will make you mortal.”

In a world that's ruled by archangels and where vampires are made by archangels, Elena Deveraux is the best vampire hunter the Guild has. So when lethal archangel Raphael asks for the best, Elena is given the impossible task of finding an archangel w

Stacey is Sassy
I thoroughly enjoyed the audio.

I read this story ages ago and when I saw it offered in the Romance Package decided to refresh my memory. So glad that I listened this time, it gave a completely different experience.

The narrator was fabulous and very easy to listen to. She does multiple accents well and her male and female voices were clear and concise.

The storyline was action-packed, world-building interesting and the love story intense. I want to know more about the angels, vampires and hunters
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
3.5 stars.
Full review to come.

There is just something not-so-sexy about angels.
Wings and flying? Yicks!
I guess i'm a vampire girl by heart?

Buddy read with my new friend Hayley.
For good luck:

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
LOVED. EVERY. PAGE! I picked up this book hearing great things about the series and Nalini Singh, so I gave it a shot. From the very first page, I found my eyes glued. And when I wasn’t reading, I was thinking about it. Angels’ Blood has to be one of my favourite books featuring angels. It’s simply brilliant!

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux has to be one of my newest favourite heroines. I found myself instantly trusting her judgement. In a world where angels, vampires and humans co-exist, you would
Shandra
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read
Color...me...shocked...

Shocked photo: Shocked Shocked.gif

This book started out super strong, and quickly took a nose dive. The premise of the story was so intriguing, I couldn't believe how badly the author was messing it up! I'm a reader, but a poor review writer. My time on Goodreads has been grooming me and I'm attempting to become better with my reviews. I found myself despising this book soooo much, I thought I should keep some notes as to why. So, for the first time in my reading experience, I did so.

I'm not going to ret
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
!5 big stars!

Another great book that slipped through the cracks in my electronic bookcase. Stupid, stupid me for leaving it sit on my shelf for so long.

So ahh, you see, english is not my native language but I guess I've mastered it enough to read and watch movies without looking up unknown words all the time. Saying that, I actually like to learn new words from time to time and this book gave me that in spades. The language of this book is so rich and articulate that I can't help but to love it.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oh my freaking God!!! Raphael, come and find me please... I need your angel dust!!! :)

“Oh, this is a special blend for you." Taking one of the fingers she hadn't licked, he rubbed it along her lips. "What we usually shed is apparently comparable to the most delicious of chocolates or the finest of wines. Decadent, rich, and very expensive."
She told herself she wasn't going to lick the glitter off her lips. "And this blend?" The taste was inside her mouth without her having any knowledge of taki
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Hate That I Have Changed So Much*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Third re-read: 23.03.2019
Here's the thing. I love Raphael. More than you can imagine. He's one of the best characters ever created. Elena's cool and awesome, badass and all that, but Raphael is the one I keep coming back for. I absolutely love him. I also like the concept. I mean, who doesn't love archangels? My probably is, however, the timeline. It's only over less than a week, which is a huge problem for me as I don't believe in insta-love. I
Lady Heather
Jan 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! Urban fantasy, strong female leads
First Read: August 2011

Breathless. Dazzled. Speechless...AMAZED!!!!
LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!

Second read June 28-29, 2013
Every time I pick up this book I find something new that I missed the last time I read it, and it makes me love the story even more!

I absolutely LOVE the incredible world Nalini Singh has created in this story. A world where Archangels and Angels rule our world, where Vampires roam free, and where Hunter's are born with the ability to track Vampires who go rogue.

The charac
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 Let's get this party started Stars

Read with my fellow UF/PNR lovers at Buddies Books and Baubles

When I’m beginning a new UF/PNR series there are a few things I look for.

- Is the world and/or lore different and interesting?

✔In this Angels are not heavenly creatures doing gods will or if they are they have no knowledge of it. No instead they are immortal beings who seem to like to play games with the mere mortals of the earth. Oh and also they make and control Vampires. Yeah I didn’t see that
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I'm not a huge fan of angel books, but this was different. They didn't make the angels prissy and perfect, and by perfect I mean the type of angel that plays a harp or swings a sword, all while having pure thoughts. Nope, these angels are not that at all. They definitely have lots of impure thoughts and make mistakes. They're more like the Greek gods in their having strengths and territories + they make vampires.

Raphael definitely improves as the book goes on, changing from "you're all ants ben
Anzu The Great Destroyer
*2013 edit
This review is embarrassing. But I'll leave it here. It's good to see how much I've changed over the years... I'll be writing my current thoughts in bold. Eh.

Wow… even now I’m short on words. This may be the best book, and I mean THE best book, I’ve ever read (No, it's not. It was still pretty good). Nalini Singh landed on the first position in my top favorite authors because of this (... Nope. Not anymore.). I will start by saying that I love her writing style. She’s got some

• Demon Blood (The Guardians, #6)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1, Demonica, #6)
  • Raziel (The Fallen, #1)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Angels Of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Raphael (Vampires in America, #1)
  • Beneath the Skin (The Maker's Song, #3)
  • Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Guild Hunter #0.6; Kate Daniels #3.5; The Guardians #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse #9.2)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Guild Hunter (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
“I can smell blood, Elena,” Dmitri drawled, walking back into the room. “Are you trying to flirt?” 392 likes
“You do realize this makes your wings even more unique."
"Are you saying you shot me as a cosmetic procedure?”
372 likes