Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Books Set in Asia > Pakistan

Comments Showing 1-50 of 161 (161 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12968 comments Post any books set in Pakistan here.

message 2: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Jun 08, 2018 08:02AM) (new)

Diane  | 12968 comments Books set in Pakistan:

The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
Kartography by Kamila Shamsie Kartography by Kamila Shamsie
The Wish Maker by Ali Sethi The Wish Maker by Ali Sethi
In Other Rooms, Other Wonders	 by Daniyal Mueenuddin In Other Rooms, Other Wonders by Daniyal Mueenuddin
Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid
Shame by Salman Rushdie Shame by Salman Rushdie
Three Cups of Tea One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace by Greg Mortenson
The Crow Eaters by Bapsi Sidhwa The Crow Eaters: A Novel by Bapsi Sidhwa
The Good Son by Michael Gruber The Good Son: A Novel by Michael Gruber
A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif
Shabanu Daughter of the Wind (Shabanu, #1) by Suzanne Fisher Staples Shabanu: Daughter of the Wind by Suzanne Fisher Staples
Reconciliation Islam, Democracy, and the West by Benazir Bhutto Reconciliation: Islam, Democracy, and the West by Benazir Bhutto
Train to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh Train to Pakistan by Khushwant Singh
Stones Into Schools Promoting Peace With Books, Not Bombs, in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Greg Mortenson Stones into Schools by Greg Mortenson
Three Cups of Deceit How Greg Mortenson, Humanitarian Hero, Lost His Way by Jon Krakauer Three Cups of Deceit by Jon Krakauer
The Writing on My Forehead by Nafisa Haji The Writing on My Forehead: A Novel by Nafisa Haji
Haveli by Suzanne Fisher Staples Haveli by Suzanne Fisher Staples
Broken Verses by Kamila Shamsie Broken Verses by Kamila Shamsie
Under the Persimmon Tree by Suzanne Fisher Staples Under the Persimmon Tree by Suzanne Fisher Staples
Chef by Jaspreet Singh Chef: A Novel by Jaspreet Singh
Iqbal by Francesco D'Adamo Iqbal by Francesco D'Adamo
Indian Summer The Secret History of the End of an Empire by Alex von Tunzelmann Indian Summer: The Secret History of the End of an Empire by Alex von Tunzelmann
The Dancing Girls of Lahore Selling Love and Saving Dreams in Pakistan's Pleasure District by Louise Brown The Dancing Girls of Lahore by Louise Brown
Salt and Saffron by Kamila Shamsie Salt and Saffron by Kamila Shamsie
Children of Dust A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz Children of Dust: A Memoir of Pakistan by Ali Eteraz
The Duel Pakistan on the Flight Path of American Power by Tariq Ali The Duel: Pakistan on the Flight Path of American Power by Tariq Ali
Trespassing by Uzma Aslam Khan Trespassing by Uzma Aslam Khan
Pakistan A Hard Country by Anatol Lieven Pakistan: A Hard Country by Anatol Lieven
Songs of Blood and Sword A Daughter's Memoir by Fatima Bhutto Songs of Blood and Sword by Fatima Bhutto
The Wandering Falcon by Jamil Ahmad The Wandering Falcon by Jamil Ahmad
To Live or to Perish Forever Two Tumultuous Years in Pakistan by Nicholas Schmidle To Live or to Perish Forever: Two Tumultuous Years in Pakistan by Nicholas Schmidle
The House of Djinn (Shabanu, #3) by Suzanne Fisher Staples The House of Djinn by Suzanne Fisher Staples
In the Name of Honour A Memoir by Mukhtar Mai In the Name of Honor: A Memoir by Mukhtar Mai
Beneath My Mother's Feet by Amjed Qamar Beneath My Mother's Feet by Amjed Qamar
The Pakistani Bride by Bapsi Sidhwa Pakistani Bride by Bapsi Sidhwa
My Sisters Made of Light by Jacqueline St. Joan My Sisters Made of Light by Jacqueline St. Joan
Granta 112 Pakistan by John Freeman Granta 112: Pakistan by John Freeman
The Most Dangerous Place Pakistan's Lawless Frontier by Imtiaz Gul The Most Dangerous Place: Pakistan's Lawless Frontier by Imtiaz Gul
Pashtun Tales from the Pakistan-Afghan Frontier by Aisha Ahmad Pashtun Tales From The Pakistan-Afghan Frontier by Aisha Ahmad
The Great Partition The Making of India and Pakistan by Yasmin Khan The Great Partition: The Making of India and Pakistan by Yasmin Khan
In the Line of Fire A Memoir by Pervez Musharraf In the Line of Fire: A Memoir by Pervez Musharraf
Daughter of Destiny An Autobiography by Benazir Bhutto Daughter of the East: An Autobiography by Benazir Bhutto
Tender Hooks by Moni Mohsin Tender Hooks: A Novel by Moni Mohsin
City of Sin and Splendour Writings on Lahore by Bapsi Sidhwa City of Sin and Splendour: Writings on Lahore by Bapsi Sidhwa
Another Gulmohar Tree by Aamer Hussein Another Gulmohar Tree by Aamer Hussein
Zenana Everyday Peace in a Karachi Apartment Building by Laura A. Ring Zenana: Everyday Peace in a Karachi Apartment Building by Laura A. Ring
The Convert A Tale of Exile and Extremism by Deborah Baker The Convert: A Tale of Exile and Extremism by Deborah Baker
And the World Changed Contemporary Stories by Pakistani Women by Muneeza Shamsie And the World Changed: Contemporary Stories by Pakistani Women by Muneeza Shamsie
Kahani Short Stories by Pakistani Women by Aamer Hussein Kahani: Short Stories by Pakistani Women by Aamer Hussein
Lahore with Love Growing Up with Girlfriends, Pakistani-Style by Fawzia Afzal-Khan Lahore With Love: Growing Up With Girlfriends Pakistani Style by Fawzia Afzal-Khan
No Shame for the Sun Lives of Professional Pakistani Women by Shahla Haeri No Shame for the Sun: Lives of Professional Pakistani Women by Shahla Haeri
Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie
Sadika's Way A Novel of Pakistan and America by Hina Haq Sadika's Way: A Novel of Pakistan and America by Hina Haq
In the City by the Sea by Kamila Shamsie In the City by the Sea by Kamila Shamsie
Beyond the Cayenne Wall Collection of Short Stories by Shaila M. Abdullah Beyond the Cayenne Wall: Collection of Short Stories by Shaila M. Abdullah

message 3: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12968 comments Placeholder

message 7: by Connie (last edited Dec 04, 2012 10:08PM) (new)

message 8: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 13: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 15: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 16: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 17: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

message 18: by W (last edited Aug 09, 2017 10:01AM) (new)

message 19: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 01:01AM) (new)

message 20: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 01:03AM) (new)

message 21: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 01:02AM) (new)

message 23: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 01:05AM) (new)

message 24: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 01:06AM) (new)

message 25: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 05:43PM) (new)

message 26: by Tahera (new)

message 27: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 01:08AM) (new)

W The Scatter Here Is Too Great by Bilal Tanweer
The Scatter Here Is Too Great by Bilal Tanweer

message 28: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 01:09AM) (new)

W Our Lady of Alice Bhatti by Mohammed Hanif
Our Lady of Alice Bhatti by Mohammad Hanif

message 29: by W (last edited Mar 23, 2020 01:09AM) (new)

W Edhi A Mirror To The Blind by Tehmina Durrani
Edhi : A Mirror To The Blind by Tehmina Durrani

message 30: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Dec 08, 2018 03:02PM) (new)

message 31: by Ashley (last edited Mar 31, 2018 10:58PM) (new)

Ashley | 1 comments Haven't read a lot from Pakistan but two good books from already mentioned authors are missing in the above lists:

Kartography by Kamila Shamsie

Ibil by Adeerus Ghayan

message 33: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Dec 08, 2018 04:43PM) (new)

Diane  | 12968 comments More books set in Pakistan

L'impero del bene by Tehmina Durrani Edhi: A Mirror To The Blind by Tehmina Durrani
The End Of Innocence by Moni Mohsin The End Of Innocence by Moni Mohsin
The Exiles by Qurratulain Hyder The Exiles by Qurratulain Hyder
Far from My Father's House by Jill McGivering Far from My Father's House by Jill McGivering
Fire Boy (Djinn-Son Duology, #1) by Sami Shah Fire Boy by Sami Shah (1st book in the Djinn-Son Duology)
Fire of Love by Adeerus Ghayan Fire of Love by Adeerus Ghayan
Flower On A Grave Poems From Ahmed Nadeem Qasimi by Ahmad Nadeem Qasimi Flower On A Grave: Poems by Ahmad Nadeem Qasimi
Four Walls and a Black Veil by Fahmida Riaz Four Walls and a Black Veil by Fahmida Riaz
Freedom at Midnight by Larry Collins Freedom at Midnight by Larry Collins
The Geometry of God by Uzma Aslam Khan The Geometry of God by Uzma Aslam Khan
A God in Every Stone by Kamila Shamsie A God in Every Stone by Kamila Shamsie
Happy Things In Sorrow Times by Tehmina Durrani Happy Things In Sorrow Times by Tehmina Durrani
Home Boy by H.M. Naqvi Home Boy by H.M. Naqvi
Hoops of Fire Fifty Years of Fiction by Pakistani Women by Aamer Hussein Hoops of Fire: Fifty Years of Fiction by Pakistani Women by Aamer Hussein
The House Of Fear by Ibn-e-Safi The House Of Fear by Ibn-e-Safi
House of the Sun by Meira Chand House of the Sun by Meira Chand
How It Happened by Shazaf Fatima Haider How It Happened by Shazaf Fatima Haider
How to Fight Islamist Terror from the Missionary Position by Tabish Khair How to Fight Islamist Terror from the Missionary Position by Tabish Khair
I Dared to Call Him Father The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter with God by Bilquis Sheikh I Dared to Call Him Father by Bilquis Sheikh
I Should Have Honor A Memoir of Hope and Pride in Pakistan by Khalida Brohi I Should Have Honor: A Memoir of Hope and Pride in Pakistan by Khalida Brohi
I'll Find My Way by Maniza Naqvi I'll Find My Way by Maniza Naqvi
Images in my Mirror Autobiography of a Sindhi Poet by Attiya Dawood Images in my Mirror: Autobiography of a Sindhi Poet by Attiya Dawood
Imam by Abdullah Hussain Imam by Abdullah Hussain
In Xanadu A Quest by William Dalrymple In Xanadu: A Quest by William Dalrymple
An Infidel in Paradise by S.J. Laidlaw An Infidel in Paradise by S.J. Laidlaw
Insomnia by Aamer Hussein Insomnia by Aamer Hussein
Islamabad Blues Letters from Pakistan by Ulrich Ladurner Islamabad Blues Letters from Pakistan by Ulrich Ladurner
Karachi Our Stories in Our Words by Maniza Naqvi Karachi: Our Stories in Our Words by Maniza Naqvi
The Karachi Deception by Shatrujeet Nath The Karachi Deception by Shatrujeet Nath
Karachi Halwa by Prabhu Dayal Karachi Halwa by Prabhu Dayal
Karachi, You're Killing Me! by Saba Imtiaz Karachi, You're Killing Me! by Saba Imtiaz
Kingdom's End Selected Stories by Saadat Hasan Manto Kingdom's End: Selected Stories by Saadat Hasan Manto
Lahore Tales Without End by Majid Sheikh Lahore: Tales Without End by Majid Sheikh
The Last Day in Karachi Through the Ring of Fire by Alia Khan-Hudson The Last Day in Karachi: Through the Ring of Fire by Alia Khan-Hudson
A Life in Words by Ismat Chughtai A Life in Words by Ismat Chughtai
Life of a Lotus by Adeerus Ghayan Life of a Lotus by Adeerus Ghayan
Lifting the Veil by Ismat Chughtai Lifting the Veil by Ismat Chughtai
Look at the City from Here Karachi Writings by Asif Farrukhi Look at the City from Here: Karachi Writings by Asif Farrukhi
Losing It Tales of Karachi by Imran Saqib Losing It: Tales of Karachi by Imran Saqib
Manto Selected Stories by Saadat Hasan Manto Manto : Selected Stories by Saadat Hasan Manto
Mass Transit by Maniza Naqvi Mass Transit by Maniza Naqvi
A Matter of Detail by Maniza Naqvi A Matter of Detail by Maniza Naqvi
Meatless Days by Sara Suleri Meatless Days by Sara Suleri
Mirror To The Sun by Aamer Hussein Mirror To The Sun by Aamer Hussein
Mottled Dawn Fifty Sketches and Stories of Partition by Saadat Hasan Manto Mottled Dawn: Fifty Sketches and Stories of Partition by Saadat Hasan Manto
Mule Train by Huw Francis Mule Train by Huw Francis
My Brother  by Fatima Jinnah My Brother by Fatima Jinnah
My Feudal Lord by Tehmina Durrani My Feudal Lord by Tehmina Durrani
O City of Lights Selected Poetry and Biographical Notes by Faiz Ahmad Faiz O City of Lights: Selected Poetry and Biographical Notes by Faiz Ahmad Faiz
On Air by Maniza Naqvi On Air by Maniza Naqvi
Pakistan, Piece by Piece (World Politics Review Features) by Stephen Philip Cohen Pakistan, Piece by Piece by Stephen Philip Cohen
Partitions by Amit Majmudar Partitions by Amit Majmudar
The Perfect Gentleman A Muslim Boy Meets the West by Imran Ahmad The Perfect Gentleman: A Muslim Boy Meets the West by Imran Ahmad
Poems by Faiz by Faiz Ahmad Faiz Poems by Faiz by Faiz Ahmad Faiz
The Quilt Stories by Ismat Chughtai The Quilt: Stories by Ismat Chughtai
Radical My Journey from Islamist Extremism to a Democratic Awakening by Maajid Nawaz Radical: My Journey out of Islamist Extremism by Maajid Nawaz
The Rebel's Silhouette Selected Poems by Faiz Ahmad Faiz The Rebel's Silhouette: Selected Poems by Faiz Ahmad Faiz
Refuge (Refuge, #1) by N.G. Osborne Refuge by N.G. Osborne (1st book in Refuge series)
The Reluctant Mullah by Sagheer Afzal The Reluctant Mullah by Sagheer Afzal
The Return of the Butterfly by Moni Mohsin The Return of the Butterfly by Moni Mohsin
River of Fire Aag Ka Darya by Qurratulain Hyder River of Fire: Novel by Qurratulain Hyder
Saffron Dreams by Shaila M. Abdullah Saffron Dreams by Shaila M. Abdullah
Salar Jang's Passion by Musharraf Ali Farooqi Salar Jang's Passion by Musharraf Ali Farooqi
Scenes from Early Life by Philip Hensher Scenes from Early Life by Philip Hensher
The Scriptwriter by Adeerus Ghayan The Scriptwriter by Adeerus Ghayan
A Season for Martyrs by Bina Shah A Season for Martyrs by Bina Shah
Season of the Rainbirds by Nadeem Aslam Season of the Rainbirds by Nadeem Aslam
The Secret Arts by Azma Dar The Secret Arts by Azma Dar
Secrets of the Henna Girl by Sufiya Ahmed Secrets of the Henna Girl by Sufiya Ahmed
The Seventh Door and Other Stories by Initzar Husain The Seventh Door and Other Stories by Initzar Husain
Shahana (Through My Eyes) by Rosanne Hawke Shahana by Rosanne Hawke
Shining Mountain by Peter Boardman Shining Mountain by Peter Boardman
Short Stories from Pakistan Fifty Years of Pakistani Short Stories by Intizar Hussain Short Stories from Pakistan: Fifty Years of Pakistani Short Stories by Aamer Hussein
Slumchild by Bina Shah Slum Child by Bina Shah
So Much Aid, So Little Development Stories from Pakistan by Samia Waheed Altaf So Much Aid, So Little Development: Stories from Pakistan by Samia Waheed Altaf
The Song of Our Swampland by Manzu Islam The Song of Our Swampland by Manzu Islam
Stay with Me by Maniza Naqvi Stay with Me by Maniza Naqvi
The Story of a Widow by Musharraf Ali Farooqi The Story of a Widow by Musharraf Ali Farooqi
The Story of Noble Rot by Uzma Aslam Khan The Story of Noble Rot by Uzma Aslam Khan
A stranger in my own country EAST PAKISTAN 1969-71 by Khadim Hussain Raja A Stranger in My Own Country East Pakistan 1969-71 by Khadim Hussain Raja
Survival Tips for Lunatics by Shandana Minhas Survival Tips for Lunatics by Shandana Minhas
The Swan's Wife (Short Stories) by Aamer Hussein The Swan's Wife by Aamer Hussein
The Taliban Shuffle Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Kim Barker The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Kim Barker
Teen Titans, Vol. 15 Prime of Life by J.T. Krul Teen Titans, Vol. 15: Prime of Life by J.T. Krul
Their Language of Love by Bapsi Sidhwa Their Language of Love by Bapsi Sidhwa
Thin Air by Greg Child Thin Air by Greg Child
Thinner Than Skin by Uzma Aslam Khan Thinner Than Skin by Uzma Aslam Khan
This Other Salt by Aamer Hussein This Other Salt by Aamer Hussein
Threading My Prayer Rug One Woman's Journey from Pakistani Muslim to American Muslim by Sabeeha Rehman Threading My Prayer Rug by Sabeeha Rehman
Toba Tek Singh Stories by Saadat Hasan Manto Toba Tek Singh: Stories by Saadat Hasan Manto
The True Subject Selected Poems of Faiz Ahmed Faiz by Faiz Ahmad Faiz The True Subject: Selected Poems of Faiz Ahmed Faiz by Faiz Ahmad Faiz
Tunnel Vision by Shandana Minhas Tunnel Vision by Shandana Minhas
Turquoise by Aamer Hussein Turquoise by Aamer Hussein
Twilight by Azhar Abidi Twilight by Azhar Abidi
The Unicorn And The Dancing Girl Poems Of Faiz Ahmad Faiz With Original Text by Faiz Ahmad Faiz The Unicorn And The Dancing Girl: Poems Of Faiz Ahmad Faiz: With Original Text
An Unrestored Woman by Shobha Rao An Unrestored Woman by Shobha Rao

message 35: by Humeira (new)

Humeira Kazmi | 1 comments Here's another suggestion: LOVE ME DO (H. A. Kay). I'm looking for reviews please!

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Brasher | 31 comments Recently read and enjoyed (and was saddened by)
The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani

message 38: by W (last edited Mar 02, 2020 10:30PM) (new)

message 39: by W (last edited Mar 02, 2020 10:36PM) (new)

W Himalaya Himalaya by Michael Palin by Michael Palin
Part of the book is set in Pakistan.

message 40: by W (last edited Mar 04, 2020 03:33AM) (new)

« previous 1 3 4