Writers Without Borders discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 153 (153 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (countrykittie) | 72 comments Mod
Welcome everyone. Let's get promoting each other!

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess | 5 comments My friend Christina invited me to this group so thanks Christina!

I'm excited to meet some other writers! Right now my big project is my blog Wickedly Bookish http://theindecisivebookangel.blogspo...

Let me know what you guys think.

I would love to hear about all your guys' projects!

message 3: by Beth (new)

Thanks Jess...! We'll check it out.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Olsen (lisaolsen) Jess ♥ Wickedly Bookish wrote: "My friend Christina invited me to this group so thanks Christina!

I'm excited to meet some other writers! Right now my big project is my blog Wickedly Bookish http://theindecisivebookangel.blogspo..."

I like your site! I left a comment on the True Blood piece, one of my guilty pleasures. :)

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess | 5 comments Thanks Lisa! Mine too! My husband would never admit it, but he is totally addicted as well. He gets all cranky if I watch without him. :-)

As for my blog, any constructive criticism or feedback is more than welcome.

message 6: by E.J. (new)

E.J. Wesley (EJWesley) | 1 comments New here too ... Ooooo True Blood! *dashing off to check it out*

message 7: by Dani (last edited Jul 09, 2011 02:58PM) (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Hey guys! Thanks for the invite!

I'm a traditionally published (not self-pubbed/indie) author of Dark Fantasy, Horror, and Paranormal Erotica reads. Definitely outside-the-mainstream stuff that appeals to folks who are sick of tired, recycled douchebag vampire and "alpha" werewolf plots. (Sorry, guys, not into True Blood myself, but power to ya. LOL!)

Anyhoo, I don't read/write YA, and my work appeals to a definitely grown up crowd. Lots of violence, gore, foul language, and sizzling between-the-sheets action. I have three books out with two separate publishers: Psyche's Gate, the first in a 5 book dark fantasy series, Black Dog And Rebel Rose, my #1 most popular book currently on sale for 99 cents, and In The Neon, my first illustrated adult fairy tale.
I have a novella coming out this summer, COYOTE NIGHT, an erotic paranormal/horror tale that will also be illustrated (you can read an adults ONLY snippet of that on my profile under Danielle D. Smith).

Great to be here...I am thrilled to be able to help out fellow authors and bloggers, and hopefully have some fun discussions. :-)

Cheers!
Dani
www.danielledsmith.com

PS

I'm off to invite some other bloggers/authors to join. :-)

message 8: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Jess ♥ Wickedly Bookish wrote: "My friend Christina invited me to this group so thanks Christina!

I'm excited to meet some other writers! Right now my big project is my blog Wickedly Bookish http://theindecisivebookangel.blogspo..."

Jess: I'm stalking...er...following you on your blog now. :-) Spoooooky...

message 9: by Donald (new)

Donald Gorman | 1 comments Hello......I'm Donald Gorman, a writer of indie ghost/horror stories that usually have a touch of romance in them......I was invited to join by my friend Danielle.
hi, Dani dear!!! hope you and the baby are still doing fine! i see your husband is here too. hello Aaron.
love ya, Dani!!!
will be nice to meet other authors and book fans.
Donald

message 10: by Melanie (last edited Jul 09, 2011 06:42PM) (new)

Melanie Nowak | 1 comments Hi everyone! Danielle - thanks for the invite :-)

I am Melanie Nowak, a successful independent author of paranormal fantasy. I write a venomuos vampire series called ALMOST HUMAN. The series is a bit of everything - spiritual, romantic, sci/fi fantasy with a dash of horror. I'm currently writing book 5 for the series and hope to release it for the holidays.

Nice to be here and meet new creative minds!

~ Melanie
http://www.MelanieNowak.com

Fatal Infatuation
Lost Reflections
Evolving Ecstasy
Born to Blood

message 11: by Maureen (last edited Jul 09, 2011 05:20PM) (new)

Maureen Mullis | 4 comments I'm excited to be a part of this group too! I have two books out right now. What Would Nancy Do? is a cozy mystery about two fifty-somethings who have been friends since childhood and try to solve a mystery together. I'm working on the next book in the series and hope to have it out by the end of the year. In the Company of Women is a women's fiction story of a group of women who help each other through a difficult year in their lives. Look forward to getting to know you all!

message 12: by Martin (new)

Martin Treanor | 3 comments Thanks for the invite Danielle - this groups looks the beesknees.

Martin :)

Silver Mist, The by Martin Treanor

message 13: by Shira (new)

Shira Anthony (shiraanthony) | 6 comments I'm a relative newbie author - attorney by day (Aaron, I feel your pain!) and writer the rest of the time. Started out writing fanfic a few years ago, graduated to original self-pub, and have my first novella to be published this fall. Just finished my first full-length novel and am working on editing it for submission. Mostly M/M romance with music/law themes.

Happy to be here!

message 14: by Regan (last edited Jul 09, 2011 06:11PM) (new)

Regan Black | 19 comments Hey everyone! Thanks, Danielle for the invite to join the fun here! (Hi to Aaron as well - good luck on the bar exam)

I write action packed paranormal romance and urban fantasy novels, plus a series of fantasy short stories geared to the YA crowd. I've been traditionally pub'd and I'm on the indie track now. My latest release is Tracking Shadows

message 15: by Angela (new)

Angela (dilaby) | 3 comments Hey guys, Thanks Dani for the invite.

I am very new to the writing scene, not yet published as I am trying (underline the word trying LOL) to finish my first novel. It's a YA fantasy and am still trying to find my way around how to get published, what is best to do before sending to publishers.

Dani has been a great friend and helped me heaps on these problems, ;) her and my UK author friend Felicity Heaton have both given me a heap of advice and pushed me along. Still freaks me out all the stuff I have ahead of me. But I know Dani would personally hunt me down if I gave up. ;)

I work nights filling shelves in a supermarket, spend the days catching up with friends and writing my book. And of course weekends are taken up with Hubbie and kids. Phew. LOL. And when I'm not doing all that I am reading. YA, erotic, fantasy, paranormal. Love them all.

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess | 5 comments Danielle wrote: "Jess ♥ Wickedly Bookish wrote: "My friend Christina invited me to this group so thanks Christina!

I'm excited to meet some other writers! Right now my big project is my blog Wickedly Bookish ht..."

Hahaha! I don't mind being stalked too much so no worries. Thanks so much for taking a look and following!

Thanks EJ! I'm glad you like the blog!

If anyone is interested, I am going to have some contest info for Richelle Mead's comic book adaptation of her Dark Swan series on my blog. I'll be working closely with Sea Lion Books to bring the latest news on their comics and books through my blog.

http://theindecisivebookangel.blogspo...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks so much for the invite!

I write historical fiction and modern romance.

Dani, don't be frightened, just be prepared! LOL

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello all!

First, thank you Dani for inviting me. I have a vampire romance trilogy that was released by Black Lyon Publishing, and am currently working on a women's fiction novel. I'm also sketching out another paranormal series I hope to have to my editor before the end of the year. You can check out my available novels, as well as an excerpt from what I am currently working on, along with my blog at http://lisa-phillips.com/

Looking forward to learning more about all of you and your work!

message 19: by William (new)

William | 767 comments Mod
I see things have become very, very busy since I was in last. Hello, everyone, welcome to Writers Of Mass Distraction!

message 20: by Beth (new)

Aaron wrote: "Hey, guys,

My name's Aaron...I'm Danielle's husband. She invited me to join, so here I am.

I'm a busy as hell law graduate getting ready to take the bar...so you won't see me much until Augus..."

Hey, that's great, Aaron! Join us when you can!

message 21: by Beth (last edited Jul 11, 2011 12:51PM) (new)

Angela wrote: "Hey guys, Thanks Dani for the invite.

I am very new to the writing scene, not yet published as I am trying (underline the word trying LOL) to finish my first novel. It's a YA fantasy and am still..."

Angela: That's great! Can't wait to read it. I've written a Fantasy Romance...stepping into another world was fun and somewhat challenging, too sometimes.

message 22: by Beth (new)

Martin wrote: "Thanks for the invite Danielle - this groups looks the beesknees.

Martin :)

Silver Mist, The by Martin Treanor"

Thanks, Martin! We hope that everyone will gain lots of readership...I mean, there's got to be something here for everyone!!!

message 23: by Beth (new)

William wrote: "I see things have become very, very busy since I was in last. Hello, everyone, welcome to Writers Of Mass Distraction!"

It has been getting busy!! But, that's what we want! We want to increase our readership and friendships, too!

So, please...keep the great works coming...!

message 24: by Beth (new)

Mike wrote: "Hi Everyone! So much to read. It's tempting just to quit my job, but then I wouldn't be able to afford all the books."

LOL, Mike!

message 25: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments YAY! All my crazy friends are here! Hi Angie, Donny, Lisa, Melanie, Bubs (aka Aaron), Lisa, Regan, and all my NEW friends, too! Oh, this is too keeeewl!

Angie...don't you ever quit on me, girl...you know I'll fly down to Oz with Iona tucked under my arm and sic her on you! *Eeek! Cute drooly baby! The horror!*

I fully expect to see your book published within the next year! Or I wil stalk you... LOL!

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela (dilaby) | 3 comments Yeah Beth, it definitely is fun to escape into my own world. Mind you I've been escaping into my mind since I was a kid, always creating scenarios in my head. :)

See, told you guys she'd go crazy on me. Hehehe. I don't plan on quitting Dani, just gotta get over a few hurdles first. Better start pumping myself up for them hey. LOL.

message 27: by Krisztina (new)

Krisztina Williams (krisztinawilliams) | 20 comments Jess ♥ Wickedly Bookish wrote: "My friend Christina invited me to this group so thanks Christina!

Hey, Jess! How have been??? So glad you joined!:)

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess | 5 comments Christina wrote: "Jess ♥ Wickedly Bookish wrote: "My friend Christina invited me to this group so thanks Christina!

I'm excited to meet some other writers! Right now my big project is my blog Wickedly Bookish ht..."

I've been good! I have a little book blog going. How have are you? How's the life & style blog going?

message 29: by Beth (new)

Angela wrote: "Yeah Beth, it definitely is fun to escape into my own world. Mind you I've been escaping into my mind since I was a kid, always creating scenarios in my head. :)

See, told you guys she'd go craz..."

LOL I'm a new writer...only within the last couple of years, and I've learned so much from my writer friends from here and from Writers Digest...but, just getting down and doing it has created a whole new world for me. My fantasy novel came from an experience I had from this little house that my hubby and I bought. We had a ghost in the house, so when I wrote my fantasy book, I based the character on the ghost...of course, I had to make the ghost "real" so, that's how it became a Fantasy...I put a lot of real life into my books...even the weird books...LOL

message 30: by Angela (new)

Angela (dilaby) | 3 comments I have included a few things from my past into mine, but nothing too obvious. Just basic stuff, but sometimes it the basic stuff in the story that glues it together.

message 31: by Beth (new)

@Angela-I agree...!!

message 32: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Angela wrote: "I have included a few things from my past into mine, but nothing too obvious. Just basic stuff, but sometimes it the basic stuff in the story that glues it together."

Mama, that happens even when you DON'T want it to! LOL! One of those, "Aw, crap" moments.

message 33: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Hello everyone! I'm Brigid. I'm an 18-year-old aspiring author. I also read, listen to music, draw, tap dance, blog, and drink lots of coffee. I'm going to Hampshire College this fall. Um, I guess that's about it. :)

message 34: by Livie (new)

Livie (livie_marie) | 14 comments Hello all,

My name is Olivia. I'm going to be 28 years old in September and have developed, since last December, an intense love for the Keurig single serve coffee maker in the kitchen. My current projects consist of http://www.thegeekychic.net where one may find geek and pop culture tid bits concerning film, books, fandom, fashion, love, and more! All for geeks, geeks for all should be its motto. I am developing it to a creative services offering as well for the likes of freelance work, special occasion writing, and more. As a writer I have an interest in the literary style,paranormal,alternate histories, fantasy, steam punk, and the erotic.

I've dreamed of being a writer since I was about 8 years old. I was published as a teenager with school publications and a few poetry venues, but am finally doing more than dreaming. Living the dream! Complete with the blog, and about to submit stories, and a text based rp development! Somewhere in there will be rejection letters. Knowing me I will probably keep them as souvenirs.

I look forward to getting to know amazing writers from all over! Oh yes, and Danielle brought me here. By force mind you. She bound me up! And had cookies for coming to the dark side!

Olivia

message 35: by Livie (new)

Livie (livie_marie) | 14 comments Oh noes, Mike you are one of them too? Good, good I am in the "write" place. (Pun intended, bad I know.) And peanut butter? Oh dear this can't be good. Now I know I'll never leave. I will gather some and begin to nom while I write. You're the Devil Mike, the Devil!

message 36: by Livie (new)

Livie (livie_marie) | 14 comments I also meant to say - any of you here feel free to friend me here, or on any general social media goodness you find me.

message 37: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Oliviaaaaa...mah girl is here! Hey, mama!

Brigid, warmest welcomes! Ah, to be 18 again... ;-)

message 38: by Livie (new)

Livie (livie_marie) | 14 comments Hey Danielle, you shemxy beast you! <3

message 39: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Danielle wrote: "Oliviaaaaa...mah girl is here! Hey, mama!

Brigid, warmest welcomes! Ah, to be 18 again... ;-)"

Thanks, Danielle! :)

message 40: by Beth (new)

Mike wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Oh noes, Mike you are one of them too? Good, good I am in the "write" place. (Pun intended, bad I know.) And peanut butter? Oh dear this can't be good. Now I know I'll never leave. ..."

And, Mike, may I say, you are the best at it!!

message 41: by Beth (new)

Olivia and Brigid: Welcome here. Thank you to Danielle. She's pretty active on here, giving us all a lot of great ideas, so we'll be talking again. And, we hope you like it here, too! Happy writing!

message 42: by William (new)

Did someone say something about peanut butter cookies?

message 43: by Beth (new)

Ah, William...and here all along I thought you were the chocoholic of the group....now cookies too???

But, chocolate and peanut butter do go together!

message 44: by William (new)

I'm a cookie monster too. Om nom nom.....

message 45: by Dani (new)

Dani Smith (daniquickdraw) | 30 comments Okay, STOP tempting the pregnant author with your cursed chocolate peanut butter scrumptiousness! NO FAIR!

message 46: by Eve (new)

Eve Gaal (thedesertrocks) | 27 comments Beth wrote: "Welcome everyone. Let's get promoting each other!"

I promote Beth to Duchess of WMD!

message 47: by Eve (new)

Eve Gaal (thedesertrocks) | 27 comments You are the Supreme Highness and Queen of WMD!
William is already Sir William and he proved it to me with his lofty request for tea when I wrote about coffee! LOL. I remain a humble pawn in the desert of life.

message 48: by Krisztina (new)

Krisztina Williams (krisztinawilliams) | 20 comments Did somebody say chocolate and peanut butter and cookies and coffee and tea?????

message 49: by Krisztina (new)

Krisztina Williams (krisztinawilliams) | 20 comments ....I baked brownies this weekend. Om nom nom nom.

message 50: by Eve (new)

Eve Gaal (thedesertrocks) | 27 comments Fine, I'll stick to tradition. Plain chocolate brownies with thick mocha frosting and no nuts.

« previous 1 3 4