Science Fiction Book Club discussion

amazons

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Feather (new)

Feather | 1 comments Hello!
I am in search for books in which there are women like amazons. or books about atlantis. or books about places where woman are in charge. can anyone recommend something?

feather

message 2: by Naz (new)

Naz (nazz) There's a YA called The Moon Riders. Also Helen of Troy, The Mists of Avalon and Daughter of the Forest You could also try The Clan of the Cave Bear, although its not about amazons the lead character is very strong minded and is tested dearly, I really enjoyed it.

message 3: by Barry (new)

Barry There's also the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. I think she answers your description. Check her out in the following Wikipedia entry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_Ha...

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (bookaphile) | 1 comments anything by Elizabeth Moon, especially @The Deed of Paksennarion'

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason | 1 comments A great book about a woman's rise to power is Empress by Karen Miller. Beware. Hekat is cruel and manipulative.

message 6: by Zack (new)

Zack Kidwell Last of the Amazons
Steven Pressfield

message 7: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 9 comments Raymond E Feist and Janny Wurts wrote a sequence about one woman's rise to power in a corrupt and deadly society. It starts with Daughter of the Empire.

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie Adee (katie_adee_author) Mark Chadbourn has a good book World's End (warning, it's book one of a trilogy) that features some pretty strong women--in strength of character more than physical. Hope that helps, Feather.