SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R3 TEAM THREAD: Team #3 ~ Serious Series Sluts

Comments Showing 1-50 of 570 (570 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Jul 18, 2011 07:48PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Team #3
Captain: Jessica

Members:
1. Lili
2. Crystal S
3. Sallie
4. Cindy
5. Jessica
6. Lis

message 2: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Jul 12, 2011 08:10PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Virtual BINGO Card
Shelf names listed are to be filled in top to bottom under each letter listed

B
1. male author
2. alpha male
3. futuristic
4. series to read
5. urban fantasy
I
6. speculative fiction
7. paranormal romance
8. first in series
9. 4 stars
10. demons
N
11. supernatural
12. dragons
N#. FREE SPACE
13. favorite series
14. Goodreads author
G
15. shifters
16. fantasy paranormal
17. magic
18. vampires
19. dark
O
20. trilogy
21. read in 2010
22. angels
23. post-apocalyptic
24. ghosts

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Oct 19, 2011 10:30PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments {{SPACE SAVER}}

message 5: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Hi Team!!

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Hey ladies! Nice to meet ya'll!

*squee* Lili!!!!! Together again....the other teams don't have a chance.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments OK - we need a team name AND a team captain.

Any ideas on a name?

Any takers for captain?? I'm new this round, so thinking it might be best to have a more experienced player for captain????

message 8: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments I'm new too, so pass on the captain role to someone that already has mad Bingo skills...

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments OK then - that leaves us with Lili, Crystal, Sallie, and Jessica.

Lili was the captain for our team in CC4. She did a really good job.

Where is everyone from???? I'm in Texas and I know Lili lives in Mexico. Where are you Lis?

message 10: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Pennsylvania

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Once we find out the others, we should figure out the time differences between all of us. It helped some in the CC4 game.

Any ideas for names? Should we do something that involves 3, triple, or trinity? Or go for something totally off the wall????

Maybe use something with a character type? Like Vampire Vixens, or Angelic Aces?

message 12: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments @ Cindy I'm just an hour ahead in EST

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1103 comments Hey everyone - Im in Southeastern Illinois, central time zone...Ive played the first 2 rounds of Bingo & CC4 - liked Bingo better less thinking involved lol

I think something around the charmed idea is a great idea for a team name....

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments I've never seen Charmed. Haven't been watching much TV the last 3 years or so. Seems like since my DD and her family moved back in with me that the TV is always on cartoons....

Welcome Captain Jessica!!! Hi Sallie! So glad to see both of ya'll checking in here.

Several of the other teams are working on names with character types. Vamps, shifters, etc. We can follow along with that idea - or forge our own path.

Off to work - I'll be sending friend requests to ya'll later tonight. I'll also be making a list of books to choose from, so I don't have to hunt quite so much when the time comes!

Have a great day everyone!!!

message 15: by Lis (last edited Jul 13, 2011 05:45PM) (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Jessica wrote: "I'm doing that as well :) Was going to print the bingo card out and write under my books (i swear i don't have ocd :P )"

Good... I don't feel so bad, I was going to start selecting books too. Not that a few selections won't change, but I really really want to try and clean up my TBR pile with BINGO.

I like the Power of Three idea too.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Crystal hasn't checked in yet.....hope everything is OK.

I sent friend requests to ya'll. Really looking forward to getting started.

LOL Jessica. I'm sure NONE of us are OCD in the least! Of course, I have already printed out my Bingo card. I had to do that last night, or I wouldn't be able to get to sleep.

I've got some books in mind for the various shelves, but so far I have multiples available for each! YAY for choices!!!

I could go with Power of Three for a name. Guess we need to wait for our last teammate to check in before we come to a decision.....

Lis - good luck cleaning up your TBR....I just want to be able to see the floor again. Or maybe to just have 1 row of books on each shelf......I don't think Bingo will last THAT long!

message 17: by Crystal S (new)

Crystal S (crystalann) | 487 comments I'm here. I don't care about the name. Whatever works for y'all works for me. I don't have a computer now so I have to do all this on my phone for now, till I get the damn thing back from Best Buy's Geek Squad. So I am not going to be particularly chatty. Ok, I'm never particularly chatty. LOL

I'm in Arkansas in the US. Central time zone. I do work evening shift though so I'm up pretty late and at work during the afternoon.

Also I haven't been on the Internet much the last few days because I'm trying to finish the Harry Potter series before the midnight show Thursday. I'm still have 3/4 of the last book to go. Not sure I'm going to make it. Stupid job interfering with my reading!

message 18: by Lili (last edited Jul 14, 2011 02:20AM) (new)

Lili | 297 comments er... I was gone just for TWO days, I know the world doesn't revolve around me but... wow!, this game is moving Fast!!

Hey girls!!, nice to be with you on this team and hope you're ready to kick some butt!
I'm cool with either choice for a name and it just happens that #3 is my lucky number so that must be a good sign!... but then 6, 7 or 13 are also my #'s... anyway!!!
I'm in Mexico, right on Phoenix timezone and I have no idea what I'll be reading but I see Steph changed some of the categories...
crap!, I don't have books by male authors, any recs?

message 19: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23491 comments Jessica, may I suggest you look at the male author shelf listing before you buy anything.

Just because you have a book by a male author, if someone hasn't put it on the male author shelf here at GR, it won't qualify. Hope that made sense.

message 20: by Lili (last edited Jul 14, 2011 02:21AM) (new)

Lili | 297 comments Cindyyy!!
oh! it must be fate, we ARE gonna win this!!

by the way, remember my shopping trip?... good and bad news, I finally got my kindle (it's sooo pretty!!!) but stupid 48°C temp and an overload of... stuff broke my car down, that's why my new avatar, I'm lazy 'cause I have no car to move around so I stay at home where there's AC and plenty of great books to read!
hey!, I'm just trying to look the cup half full here...

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Drats! I haven't checked that shelf out....must do it tonight.....

Gotta get to work. Forgot about the computer thing Crystal.....you did post about it.

Lili!!!! Yes - it is fate! I am harassing Ming over at PBS. She reads so much faster than I do.....and she hosts an UF virtual box that I play in over there. But we will persevere and WIN this game!

GO TEAM!!!!

message 22: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Bookshelf Question?? Does the book have to be selected from the SOS Bookshelf? or can it come from the Explore - Genre section in Goodreads?

Example - Angels - There are 11 books on the SOS bookshelf but 1310 books listed in Goodreads genre.

message 23: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Hi, Lis. The weekly shelf announcement will include a link to the GR's shelf. Each shelf throughout the game will have a minimum of 1,000 bks listed. A lot of the shelves have 2,000+ to chose from.

In order for a team to get FREE SPACE credit, each member must choose a book from one of these spots:

(1) An SOS' Book of the Month: Any month while the game is in play

OR

(2) A book off of any of the group's new release threads: Any month while the game is in play

OR

(3) A book off of the group's bookshelf (any shelf/tag)

Hope that helps :D

message 24: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Yes it does. Thx! As long as there a lots of books listed, there should be no problem matching up with my TBR pile.

message 25: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Np. You're welcome. In previous rounds, it's been very easy for people to find a book they already have on-hand listed on the wkly shelves. :)

message 26: by Lili (new)

Lili | 297 comments I know I got this question answered last round but, just once more, what's the difference between UF and PRN?

I remember this: one is where the same characters come up un every book, like the In death series... and the other one is where in every book there's a new couple, like BDB... but I don't remember which one is which.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments UF is character driven. No HEA, little or no romance. PnR is romance. Almost always have HEA. The love story is a major part of the book.

message 28: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Also, if it has a half nekkid guy or a couple on the cover, probably PNR. If there's a girl in leather, probably UF. Not always, but pretty safe bet ;)

But I wouldn't worry bout it too much for this, if a book is on the shelf, you're good to go!

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments I personally wish all covers had half(or more)nekkid guys on them......that way if the story is boring, you can just drool.

message 30: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments Vivian wrote: "Also, if it has a half nekkid guy or a couple on the cover, probably PNR. If there's a girl in leather, probably UF. Not always, but pretty safe bet ;)

But I wouldn't worry bout it too much for th..."

LOL! Love that breakdown, Vivian. So true. Do we have to wear leather to kick evil's a$$??

message 31: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23491 comments Probably stops any wardrobe malfunctions. LOL. That would be offputtin while kickin evil a$$es.

message 32: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28229 comments LOL True! But, leather is so difficult when wet or when it's hot. Can't always be the best choice, ya'd think.

message 33: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23491 comments Especially in Brissie Jessica, could get a touch warm!

message 34: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23491 comments Too true, we got to 14C today with a touch of rain down here in Syd.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments I could do cold and rainy right about now.....it's 103 here......I'm melting!!!

message 36: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments "Half nekkid" cover guys - too funny! but sounds fun!! Maybe we should make it a team criteria for our category reading must have?

Alright team! Starting to feel a little competitive... any new team name ideas? Got a peek at a few the other teams in the daily feed and there are a couple of good ones, but we can be creative too.

In the theme of three we could use Triumvirate something?? or Triumvirate squared... any rhymes? Triple Threat has been used?

Others mentioned: Should we do something that involves 3, triple, or trinity? Or go for something totally off the wall????

Maybe use something with a character type? Like Vampire Vixens, or Angelic Aces?

Several of the other teams are working on names with character types. Vamps, shifters, etc. We can follow along with that idea - or forge our own path.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments I've been stalking the other teams.....what can I say! I'm still a Dragon at heart - we love to cause mayhem.

Folks! Put on your thinking caps!!! WE NEED A NAME!
L C S J C L *initials*

Cool Chicks Just Loving Lethal Shifters
Silly Ladies Loving Jewelry Can't Complain

Not working so well....

Help!!!! Somebody! Bueller? Bueller?? Bueller???

message 38: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments I'm coming up blank...

Classy Chicks Lovin' Leather and Jazzin' Shifters

Arghh!!!

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments LOL Lis - it's better than what I came up with! Keep trying!

message 40: by Lis (last edited Jul 15, 2011 04:40PM) (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Cool Chicks Lovin' Shifter Jocks in Leather

not getting any better...

message 41: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments How about (adj)(adj)(adj) Chicks Sippin' Juice. Keeps you cool in the hot summer weather. I'm drinking juice, so no creativity on my part, lol.

Yes, tight leather = ability to kick ass, plus here's no room to slip and slide into a wardrobe malfunction! It's the trend, plus nowadays a shin, pointy dagger/sword is a handy accessory too!

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments LOL Vivian - thanks for the input.

Maybe we should use Orange ya'll glad we got a name.... LOLOLOLOL

I'll think more on it tomorrow.

I have been checking out the shelves here to find a book for the Free Space. From what I have noticed (while I'm lurking) we should try and read something for this in the first 4-5 weeks. I've actually got 3 books already planned to read soon (have to mail them out soon!) that are on the shelves here. Guess I'll use one of those.

message 43: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Don't be jealous of our awesome name! Anything that starts with orange ya glad undeniably rocks :D

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Nah.....the main problem I am having with the J is I can't think of anything other than "just" or "jazz". Need to get the dictionary out and browse a bit.

Just aLot of Sexy Leather Clothed Chicks.

Either way is better than what I was coming up with...My brain is a goner. Lucky for me I get to go to work now.

message 45: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Jammin' Jade Jealous Juicy Justice Joule
J3 is an electricity current

I like - Just aLot of Sexy Leather Clad Chicks

I'm still struggling... Lovin' Life, Counting Stacks, and Just Chillin with a good book, ughhhh!

I'll try to think on it today

message 46: by Lis (last edited Jul 16, 2011 01:50PM) (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Trifecta Perfecta! Trifecta Annihilaters!

JadeLiCiouS tripLe trifeCta

LadieS trifeCting JuStiCe

the "J" is kicking my creative butt

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments Serious Series Sluts
Babelicious Bingo Belles
Babelicious Bingo Broads
Bookalicious Bingo Belles
Lucious Loving Ladies
Lucious Leather Ladies
Creative Curvy Chicks
Jazzy Jammin Jaguars

I do like Just aLot of Sexy Leather Clad Chicks

I'll try to put up more later....

message 48: by Lis (last edited Jul 16, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

Lis | 3549 comments Just a trifecta of Leather CLad ChickS

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments The Unholy Trinity x2

LOL - I think I've been reading too many books with demons lately.....

So far people have liked:

The Power of Three
Just aLot of Sexy Leather Clad Chicks
Serious Series Sluts

Any others? I'm thinking it's time to vote on a name.....or get some new views on the subject!

message 50: by Lili (new)

Lili | 297 comments I vote on the Serious Series Sluts!

ummm... what kind of avatar would I be needing for this name?...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12