Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > In need of a new series... Please help!!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liss (new)

Liss (LissFields) | 16 comments I have had more reading time lately and have been coming up with no books to read :( Please help me find a new series or book (I read Paranormal romance or YA books)

So far i have read..
Fever Series
Black Dagger Brotherhood
Sookie Stackhouse series
Evernight
Evermore
House of Night
Morganville vampires
The Hollow
Twilight
Ink Exchange
Night world
Darkest Powers
Blue bloods
Mortal instruments
Linger
The hunger games
Areneau novels

message 2: by Liss (new)

Liss (LissFields) | 16 comments And
Vampire academy

message 3: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Some of my favourites, with the first book.

The Dark-Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs. Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs
Nice Girls by Molly Harper. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper
Dark Days by Jocelynn Drake. Nightwalker (Dark Days, #1) by Jocelynn Drake
The Shifters by Rachel Vincent. Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent
Feral Warriors by Pamela Palmer. Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors, #1) by Pamela Palmer
Demonica by Larissa Ione. Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione

Um, that should be a start! ;-)

message 4: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikamiller) | 74 comments Some of the books i'd mention have already been said so try hush hush by becca fitzpatrick, definately nightworld by l.j smith (Reading it and loving it Paranormal romance/forbidden love), embrace by jessica Shirvington, Personal demons, Forbidden games by l.j smith, Dark visions by " ", Dark heart forever etc... These are good and you should give them a go.

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz I have a series called the Dark Kiss Trilogy. Might be something you'd enjoy.

My Love Eternal

A Second Chance At Forever

Happy reading!!

Liz Strange

message 6: by Karma (new)

Karma Lisa wrote: "I have had more reading time lately and have been coming up with no books to read :( Please help me find a new series or book (I read Paranormal romance or YA books)

So far i have read..
Fever..."

I was wondering if Mortal Instruments was really YA? It sounds good, but I've held off because I prefer the more adult/romance paranormal stuff. Would you still recommend it? Thanks!

message 7: by ஐAndreaஐ (last edited Feb 22, 2011 08:56AM) (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Chicagoland Vampires are really good.

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires Series #4) by Chloe Neill

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan  (brwneydgrl) | 1 comments Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, then her Meredith Gentry series...so far she is my favorite author. I also suggest Jeanine Frost's Cat and Bones series.

message 9: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love | 7 comments I second Jeaniene Frost's "Night Huntress" series. It begins with "Halfway to the Grave"

Ilona Andrews' "Kate Daniels" series is great -- Magic Bites is the first one

Nalini Singh's "Psy-Changeling" series is good. Begins with "Slave to Sensation"

message 10: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2924 comments I love love Night Huntress and Guild Hunter!

message 11: by Carly (last edited Feb 22, 2011 01:04PM) (new)

Carly (carlynicole) | 3 comments Strange Angels or Soul Screamers! they are great.

ℸℎℯrℯᏕα (wwg1wga) | 36 comments Warriors of Poseidon by Alyssa Day
Dark Crescent Sisterhood by Anna Windsor
Doomsday Brethren by Shayla Black
Nightwalkers by Jacqueline Frank
Immortals after dark by Kresley Cole
Darkness Chosen and The Chosen One by Christina Dodd
Guardians of Eternity by Alexandra Ivy
Magnus Pack and Pride by Shelly Laurenston.
I highly recommend Psy-changeling by Nalini Singh.

message 13: by Liss (new)

Liss (LissFields) | 16 comments Katie wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I have had more reading time lately and have been coming up with no books to read :( Please help me find a new series or book (I read Paranormal romance or YA books)

So far i have ..."

I personally Love The Mortal Instrument series! It has no hot and steamy sex but it has a great story and the writer is witty and funny. If you enjoy a good urban fantasy/YA you will enjoy this book! This is the book i often use to get people back into reading.

so I guess my answer would be Yes! I would recommend this book :) if you decide to read this book i would love to know what you think about it once your done. I hope i helped a bit and keep me updated.

message 14: by Liss (new)

Liss (LissFields) | 16 comments Thank you everyone! for all the great recommendations, I have started on the night huntress series and will move my way threw all the great books you guys have listed for me

message 15: by Scarlet (last edited Mar 07, 2011 04:20PM) (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 81 comments If you love the Sookie Stackhouse Series then you really need to read the Georgina Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead and Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill. Both have awesome heroines like the Sookie Stackhouse Series and they also feature love triangles with hot guys. :D

Some other recommendations:
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith (my favorite YA series)
Crimson Moon by J.A. Saare
Beastly by Alex Flinn
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

message 16: by Liss (new)

Liss (LissFields) | 16 comments Scarlet wrote: "If you love the Sookie Stackhouse Series then you really need to read the Georgina Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead and Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill. Both ha..."

I have read Hush, Hush, Beastly, Wolves of Mercy falls(Sam is dreamy lol). Im going to give the forbidden game and chicagoland vampires a try :)

Thanks for the recommendations

message 17: by Madison (new)

Madison (madison2626) | 36 comments Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs and Jane Yellowrock Series by Faith Hunter both of them are really good. Hope u enjoy it ;)

message 18: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments If you like the Argeneau Vampires, then you'll probably like the Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks. The first book is How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks

message 19: by Ruby (last edited Mar 07, 2011 09:32PM) (new)

Ruby (rubita) | 22 comments I really like Kalayna Price's Haven series. Once Bitten and Twice Dead

Other series you might try:
Hex Hall and Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs
The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey
Wizards of Nevermore series by Michelle Bardsley (just read and enjoyed the first one: Never Again)
The Madison Avery series by Kim Harrison
The Gone series by Michael Grant

message 20: by Jillian (new)

Jillian | 2 comments A great series is the riley jenson series by keri arthur

message 21: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2924 comments I'm just starting a new series that many had recommended and loved. Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson . It's captivating and I'm only on pg 30.

If you're into suspense romance, I love IN DEATH series by JD Robb. This series is my on-going pick-me anytime.

message 22: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Thacker (samanthathacker86) | 2 comments How about Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Need by Carrie Jones, Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia... I have many more but these are some of my favorites that I didnt see posted!

message 23: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 138 comments Christina Dodd has two different paranormal series out that are awesome. Also, try Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series.

message 24: by McKenzie (new)

McKenzie | 57 comments Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole. My FAVORITE series ever!

message 25: by Grace (new)

Grace (isabellaprimrose) | 40 comments i've read fallen and torment by lauren kate and also the fallen:raziel by kristina douglas.. i highly recommended it..=)

message 26: by Leia (new)

Leia Shaw (leiashaw) | 20 comments ah! you haven't done kresley cole's immortals after dark? put it on your list! can't go wrong! also, i'm enjoying guild hunter by nalini singh. didn't think i'd get into the whole angel thing but she pulls it off. happy reading!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is a couple more series to think about,I've listed the first books for each:

Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1) by Kimberly Frost Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1) by Lori Handeland Nightkeepers (Final Prophecy, #1) by Jessica Andersen I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Vampires, #1) by Michele Bardsley The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) by Angie Fox The Accidental Werewolf (Accidental Friends, #1) by Dakota Cassidy A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, #1) by Adrian Phoenix

message 28: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Im way into YA. I would recommend Aprilynne Pikes wings series, The Body Finder series by kimberly Derting, Jenna Blacks Glimmerglass series, and I love Janni Lee Simners book Bones of Faerie and Thief Eyes.